Sad pvp situation

Papire

Re: Sad pvp situation

Post by Papire » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:40 pm

Just log into the pvp server, if you don't log in there because of the low population, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. neutral_turtle_head neutral_turtle_head neutral_turtle_head

Papire

Post by Papire » Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:59 pm

Typh1 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:13 am
Gear disparity is a good part of what vanilla made good. FUCK everyone having equal gear and fuck inclusion.
People simply dont understand, that classic wow was much more united game than wow its now, WoW PvE and WoW PvP are now just two diffrent games with completely separated progression, but is wasnt a thing in Vanilla and that was a good, I like both PvP and PvP and I like the idea of PVE affecting PVP. This is an essential part of Vanilla and i hope devs wouldnt listen to them.
I think devs should just add some highly desirable pve things to be obtainable only trough the pvp, maybe for upcoming raids.

Xudo
Has liked: 45 times

Post by Xudo » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 pm

Papire wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:59 pm
Typh1 wrote:
Gear disparity is a good part of what vanilla made good. FUCK everyone having equal gear and fuck inclusion.
People simply dont understand, that classic wow was much more united game than wow its now, WoW PvE and WoW PvP are now just two diffrent games with completely separated progression, but is wasnt a thing in Vanilla and that was a good, I like both PvP and PvP and I like the idea of PVE affecting PVP. This is an essential part of Vanilla and i hope devs wouldnt listen to them.
I think devs should just add some highly desirable pve things to be obtainable only trough the pvp, maybe for upcoming raids.
It is too idealistic approach. Currently there is PvE progression and nothing more.
See viewtopic.php?t=13677
One guy asked "how to obtain good pvp weapon?" and best answer is "go farm naxx thrash".
PvE progression nullified PvP one when things like this happen.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Papire

Post by Papire » Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 am

Xudo wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:34 pm
Papire wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:59 pm
Typh1 wrote:
It is too idealistic approach. Currently there is PvE progression and nothing more.
See viewtopic.php?t=13677
One guy asked "how to obtain good pvp weapon?" and best answer is "go farm naxx thrash".
PvE progression nullified PvP one when things like this happen.
I didn't say that you don't need to spend a decent amount of time on pve to succeed in pvp, but in my opinion thats not bad. I would like some new, highly desirable things for pve to be available only in pvp. Perhaps something that gives a weapon skill, which is very useful for warriors and rogues, gives + to healing spells for healers, and so on. For example, we already have several pre-raid bis that can be obtained in pvp, but I would like to see more options, especially for upcoming raids.

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:19 am

This could potentially increase the amount of people who play pvp but do not try.
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:25 am

Anyone that thinks vanilla was good because of gear disparity didnt play vanilla because that was a non issue, such a small percent of players even touched naxx. If pve is required to pvp then twow will never have any pvp scene, its that simple.

Papire

Post by Papire » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:19 pm

Eversongwoods wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:25 am
Anyone that thinks vanilla was good because of gear disparity didnt play vanilla because that was a non issue, such a small percent of players even touched naxx. If pve is required to pvp then twow will never have any pvp scene, its that simple.
Many people did naxx in retail classic and still there was a pvp scene, torta problem is a class imbalance, but changes are coming. Roll tel abim, when you doesnt roll there because of low population It's a self fulfilling prophecy and if you whine about dead pvp scene but don't log to the pvp server that's just sad.
Last edited by Papire on Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ibux
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Ibux » Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:24 pm

Papire wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:19 pm
Eversongwoods wrote:
Many people did naxx in retail classic and still there was a pvp scene
yea it was nice. lots of servers connected to play against for pvp. and it was a much much much bigger pool of people.

Papire

Post by Papire » Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:21 pm

Ibux wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:24 pm
Papire wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:19 pm
Eversongwoods wrote:
Many people did naxx in retail classic and still there was a pvp scene
yea it was nice. lots of servers connected to play against for pvp. and it was a much much much bigger pool of people.
And none of them did naxx of course

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:27 pm

I just want to remind you of something
Ataika wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:12 am
What do you mean "wrong" ?
Everything is fine, ask local cope squad.
Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:43 am

Nope. 145 ppl online is not fine
Ataika wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:17 pm
I've been told several times declining online is fine.
So 145 people is fine, my friend majestik is still having fun there
Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:30 pm
Similar to that meme with the dog on fire
viewtopic.php?t=13443

Shenjo

Post by Shenjo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:37 pm

Merge servers. Also change PvP reward vendor system in Nordanaar why do I need rank 6 to even enter champions hall? Im going to do a side thread about this.

Typh1

Post by Typh1 » Fri May 03, 2024 9:55 pm

Merge amen

Typh1

Post by Typh1 » Fri May 03, 2024 9:56 pm

Pvp server is pure bullshit. World empty so no world pvp. No bg’s and if there is a bg it’s barely 4v4. Nothing to do and basically waitingroom for merge or quit

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Fri May 03, 2024 11:31 pm

Merge would be nice. Nord could use a couple hundred more BG players.
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Sat May 04, 2024 12:26 am

Frantsel wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:02 pm
Balancing is completely broken..
Might be because Turtle is/was actually a Rp-PvE-Server and got more PvE-Focus on balancing. They only launched Tel'abim, because the PvP-Community asked for it.

I never invested myself in Tel'abim since i'm Not interested in PvP, so i can only assume that it must say Something about the PvP-Community when they ask for a Server and then leave it to die, while knowing that the balancing wasn't pvp-focused.

Kerenis

Post by Kerenis » Mon May 06, 2024 8:44 am

The title "RP Server" should had given you a hint before you join Turtle WoW

Jkldsngkljsng

Post by Jkldsngkljsng » Mon May 06, 2024 11:31 am

Sylveria wrote:
Sat May 04, 2024 12:26 am
Frantsel wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:02 pm
Balancing is completely broken..
Might be because Turtle is/was actually a Rp-PvE-Server and got more PvE-Focus on balancing. They only launched Tel'abim, because the PvP-Community asked for it.

I never invested myself in Tel'abim since i'm Not interested in PvP, so i can only assume that it must say Something about the PvP-Community when they ask for a Server and then leave it to die, while knowing that the balancing wasn't pvp-focused.
No, RP server tag means RP is to be respected in the open world or you face punishment. PvE tag means world PvP is optional and PvP tag means world PvP is forced. All servers have had PvP since the release of battlegrounds.
It's how the server tag system has always worked since the release of vanilla, learn it.

No established PvP'er ever asked for Tel'Abim and the smart ones all said it would be a mistake. It was all fresh crowd and levellers who begged for it.

It seems you don't know much about this.

Neltharion

Post by Neltharion » Mon May 06, 2024 12:38 pm

Ataika wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:23 pm
(the topic not about TelAbim but twow pvp situation in general)

The pvp server is completely dead

Main server
- 0 blood ring (day)
- 0 av
- 0 ab
- 1 warsong game (29 min que)

Post your ideas why pvp scene became abysmol and suggestions how devs can revive it.
Tel'abim is not dead
We have dungeons, raids and BG pops at almost all hours
The hell are you talking about? 😂
Enhanchad on Tel'Abim, I like dragons.
That's pretty much it.

Calli

Post by Calli » Mon May 06, 2024 3:29 pm

Just delete pvp from Nordanaar, we cannot get proper class changes because of 'oh no it will hurt pvp balance... it is way too owerpowered' endless crying of something all the time

Calli

Post by Calli » Mon May 06, 2024 3:31 pm

Neltharion wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 12:38 pm
Tel'abim is not dead
This is almost always like that ppl write here like they think themselves experts and in reality they have no clue about the topic, same everyday

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Mon May 06, 2024 3:57 pm

I love wow vanilla, but lets call a spade a spade.

Wow has never been a pvp game. The only reason they added BGs to begin with was because they saw potential with all the people fighting in Hillsbrad.

And while I would love to see more pvp content for twow, i'm not holding my breath.

To anyone looking for an old school, tab targetting, MMORPG experience that is heavily focused on pvp (both small and large scale) i strongly recommend checking out Warhammer Online Return of Reckoning.

They're having an event soon for extra XP and renown (equivalent of honor) in the starter pvp zones (you can pvp from level 1 and you can level via pvp; no pve necessary until you hit max lvl for some pre-bis).

I still love twow but i accept it's pvp as it is: an afterthought.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon May 06, 2024 4:29 pm

Zulnam wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 3:57 pm

Wow has never been a pvp game. The only reason they added BGs to begin with was because they saw potential with all the people fighting in Hillsbrad.

And while I would love to see more pvp content for twow, i'm not holding my breath.

To anyone looking for an old school, tab targetting, MMORPG experience that is heavily focused on pvp (both small and large scale) i strongly recommend checking out Warhammer Online Return of Reckoning.

They're having an event soon for extra XP and renown (equivalent of honor) in the starter pvp zones (you can pvp from level 1 and you can level via pvp; no pve necessary until you hit max lvl for some pre-bis).

Issue with WaR is that it's 100% raid focused. There's no such thing as solo PvP and even small groups can't do much with how the PvP is organized. The combat mechanics/controls/visuals/etc are also super clunky compared to WoW's and the class balance is focused entirely around mass PvP meaning that most 1v1 matches are decided before they even begin.
It's a good game but an entirely different beast. It also has no PvE to speak of.

Vanilla's PvP is fine, it's just made worse on TWoW.

Jkldsngkljsng

Post by Jkldsngkljsng » Mon May 06, 2024 5:49 pm

Zulnam wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 3:57 pm

Stupid and ignorant take. PvP has been a core part of wow since launch.

Xudo
Has liked: 45 times

Post by Xudo » Tue May 07, 2024 2:55 am

While turtle allowed blood ring and wsg from lvl 1, noone will play it because of "lvl 1 twinks" whose only achievement is to enchant every piece of gear with high level enchant.
I think that bracketing of battlegrounds is bad too. lvl 19 vs lvl 10 is huge difference. Lvl 9 vs lvl 4 can't be balanced too.

PvP in WoW is good in terms of class vs class set of abilities. Not ideal, but good. The overall system is bad. Like power creep of t3, slavering ranking system, useless reputational reward, existense of twinks on low level battlegrounds.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Tue May 07, 2024 10:01 am

Neltharion wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 12:38 pm
Ataika wrote:

Main server
- 0 blood ring (day)
- 0 av
- 0 ab

Post your ideas why pvp scene became abysmol and suggestions how devs can revive it.
Tel'abim is not dead
Agree; most here dont even play there i guess or log weird hours when people at work; at peak ab/wsg pops all the time because both sides have lots of rankers atm… bloodring and av on the other hand… non existant; maybe make av 10v10
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue May 07, 2024 3:58 pm

According to census TelAbim population is growing
+1 player

Frantsel
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Frantsel » Tue May 07, 2024 4:58 pm

Ataika wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 3:58 pm
According to census TelAbim population is growing
+1 player
This is actually a historic moment in the lifetime of the server. Its the first time the numbers increase :)

I enjoy this server very much nonetheless.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon May 27, 2024 8:02 am

oh yeah banana pvp success

Venaven

Post by Venaven » Mon May 27, 2024 4:15 pm

I mean all the naysayers can say what they will but the reality is twofold:
1. this thread has way more views than pretty much any other at the moment. there is clearly a niche of pvpers on this server and there always has been, that niche also used to be even larger/more popular. therefore, various changes can meaningfully affect the population's participation levels.
2. the devs have made plenty of pvp related changes so far, so to pretend as though that element of the game should be kept irrelevant is just a weird, almost militant bias. this notion that pvp and pve must be treated as antithetical rivals to each other is kind of ironic coming from a server which is very close, even culturally, in many ways, to the essence of original vanilla back in the day. back then, most people were of the mentality that the point of getting geared/clearing content was so that you could then pvp, as your endgame, recreationally. this was 'the content'.

Now, times change and I understand that. But the fact remains that PvP isn't inherently a negative thing in an opt-in, opt-out system. As others have said, the devs just need to make PvP gearing a bit more viable. Additionally, I've heard so many people complain about paladins--if that class were nerfed maybe it would make a difference. I say this as someone who plays a paladin. I wouldn't mind my class being nerfed if it meant more people would be interested in playing PvP.

Jkldsngkljsng

Post by Jkldsngkljsng » Mon May 27, 2024 4:53 pm

Venaven wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 4:15 pm
1. this thread has way more views than pretty much any other at the moment. there is clearly a niche of pvpers on this server and there always has been, that niche also used to be even larger/more popular. therefore, various changes can meaningfully affect the population's participation levels.
2. the devs have made plenty of pvp related changes so far, so to pretend as though that element of the game should be kept irrelevant is just a weird, almost militant bias. this notion that pvp and pve must be treated as antithetical rivals to each other is kind of ironic coming from a server which is very close, even culturally, in many ways, to the essence of original vanilla back in the day. back then, most people were of the mentality that the point of getting geared/clearing content was so that you could then pvp, as your endgame, recreationally. this was 'the content'.

Now, times change and I understand that. But the fact remains that PvP isn't inherently a negative thing in an opt-in, opt-out system. As others have said, the devs just need to make PvP gearing a bit more viable. Additionally, I've heard so many people complain about paladins--if that class were nerfed maybe it would make a difference. I say this as someone who plays a paladin. I wouldn't mind my class being nerfed if it meant more people would be interested in playing PvP.
No, they need a proper PvP dev on the team and it's long overdue.

Venaven

Post by Venaven » Mon May 27, 2024 6:05 pm

Jkldsngkljsng wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 4:53 pm
Venaven wrote:

I agree with that, but I don't see how it conflicts with what I've said. I did think of another thing, which is that Blood Ring was popular and then they changed it to 3v3 and now it's dead, so maybe a revert to 2v2 would work.

Jkldsngkljsng

Post by Jkldsngkljsng » Mon May 27, 2024 6:26 pm

Venaven wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 6:05 pm
Jkldsngkljsng wrote:
Venaven wrote:

I agree with that, but I don't see how it conflicts with what I've said. I did think of another thing, which is that Blood Ring was popular and then they changed it to 3v3 and now it's dead, so maybe a revert to 2v2 would work.
It doesn't. I just disagree with you about PvP gearing and I don't have the energy to write it out.
I very much agree with you that PvP and PvE are not antithetical to each other. That every change in Vanilla is not a PvP vs PvE battle were players must fight for their change. You're maybe the first person I have seen express this other than myself.

Venaven

Post by Venaven » Mon May 27, 2024 6:42 pm

Jkldsngkljsng wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 6:26 pm
Venaven wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 6:05 pm
Jkldsngkljsng wrote:

It doesn't. I just disagree with you about PvP gearing and I don't have the energy to write it out.
I very much agree with you that PvP and PvE are not antithetical to each other. That every change in Vanilla is not a PvP vs PvE battle were players must fight for their change. You're maybe the first person I have seen express this other than myself.
Well fair enough, but I do think the blood ring change could maybe function as a decent compromise here. The blood ring exalted gear is honestly pretty good, but it's unobtainable at the moment because the mode is dead and noone queues it. It takes a long time to get the reputation to exalted, too. They really should consider reverting it to 2v2. I mean, the metrics speak for themselves. It was a decently popular mode and now there's maybe 1 queue pop in an entire day.

Codymb24

Post by Codymb24 » Mon May 27, 2024 7:54 pm

I think that pvp gearing should just keep pace with the new raids. It takes way more effort and dedication to get ranks than it does to just log on Friday night with your guild and clear a raid. Imo they should change pvp gear to be the best you can get for pvp. Meaning if you are completely optimized for damage than you lose durability. I think adding propper resiliance will fix that to a degree as they announced. But the stats will also need a boost, as well as rank 14 weapon dps and stats.

Noshu

Post by Noshu » Mon May 27, 2024 8:24 pm

Ataika wrote:

Main server
- 0 blood ring (day)
- 0 av
- 0 ab

Rated arenas and/or BG's would be interesting, with proper rewards which require rating (that match naxxramas power-wise). It makes no sense to queue bgs as a full time job to get items inferior to what you can get in AQ40 and Naxx, its simply not worth the grind in late vanilla. Im sure if it was only MC and BWL phase, people would queue a lot more