What's wrong with the pvp server?

Xudo
Has liked: 49 times

Re: What's wrong with the pvp server?

Post by Xudo » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:58 am

Choosing from "grind your way to 60 faster" and "having fun on any level", I'd choose latter.
If hillsbrad would be safe from high level gankers and get some repeatable PvP objectives, I'd stuck at 29 and had fun there.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:36 am

Xudo wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:58 am
Choosing from "grind your way to 60 faster" and "having fun on any level", I'd choose latter.
If hillsbrad would be safe from high level gankers and get some repeatable PvP objectives, I'd stuck at 29 and had fun there.
Yeah, this is an interesting game plan. I once thought about the same thing, but in Ashenvale. But this is not about realm of 200 people.
Xudo wrote:
If hillsbrad would be safe from high level gankers
This is possible if only Unhonorable kills will have a stronger effect.

I was thinking about removing misses on a target that has a higher level. Cuz not only the target is stronger, but you can't even hit it. In this way, a well-dressed level 50 will be able to fight against level 60. Well, the 29th overgeared twink will become a threat to the 50th levels.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:55 am

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:36 am
Xudo wrote:
Yeah, this is an interesting game plan. I once thought about the same thing, but in Ashenvale. But this is not about realm of 200 people.
I think playing on 29 is exactly for realm of 200 people. Low level population on any server usually way higher than high-level ones.
High level players tend to raidlog, while low level spend their time running around, questing and grinding their stuff.
I'd make more PvP activities on low levels rather than on high levels.
If starting level locations will be protected from high level gankers and allow PvP, then even starting locations can hold PvP objectives. How about Kul'tiras vs orcs scirmishes for 9 lvl in Durotar every friday evening?
Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Xudo wrote:
If hillsbrad would be safe from high level gankers
This is possible if only Unhonorable kills will have a stronger effect.
Nah. Some gankers don't care about their rank. They even pursue lowest rank possible. You'll get opposite effect.
Bloodline1x9 wrote:
I was thinking about removing misses on a target that has a higher level. Cuz not only the target is stronger, but you can't even hit it. In this way, a well-dressed level 50 will be able to fight against level 60. Well, the 29th overgeared twink will become a threat to the 50th levels.
I believe it is already capped for PvP. Probably for almost a year. It won't help, because people get actions with stronger fixed values when they level.
Have fun not only at 60.

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:50 am

Xudo wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:55 am
Nah. Some gankers don't care about their rank. They even pursue lowest rank possible. You'll get opposite effect.
I mean something more than a demotion. Those who prey on the weak no longer care about rank. It is necessary that for killing them it is possible to destroy one of their items of equipment (for example) or destroy their gold.
But this only applies to vicious killers of low levels. Who has hundreds of unhoroble kills.
Xudo wrote:
I think playing on 29 is exactly for realm of 200 people. Low level population on any server usually way higher than high-level ones
You won't find enough people to hunt them down. You can catch someone once per hour. It's stupid and boring.
When I played Light's Hope there were 10,000 online.
I had my own base in Astranaar and another NE camps in Ashenvale. And Horde do the fortpost check quest they're running from Splintertree Post to the Zoram Strand. There were many of them and it was possible to hunt them.
Xudo wrote:
High level players tend to raidlog, while low level spend their time running around, questing and grinding their stuff.

It's not a problem, it's an advantage. You know where to find enemies. You come to BFD and find people there both at the entrance and clearing the way. You come to DM or WC or RFK /RFD. You can fight near a new dungeon in Ashenvale or Maraudon. Knowing where the enemies are, you can come up with a plan to kill not one, but several opponents who are gathering a group.
It's fun. But to kill one unfortunate opponent who is fighting against a mob and he is low hp is not a fun and it is not fair. Well, you killed him, and what's next? Will you sit on a corpse to kill again? And one more time? Where will you find your rivals if there are 200 people on the realm, 50 of them are leveling, 25 of them are from the enemy faction and only 1 of them is in this location.

Gladeshadow

Post by Gladeshadow » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:49 am

Xudo wrote:
This is exactly what we want and what the other upcoming server from different devs is planning to do. I'm really surprised Turtle doesn't take more cues from them.
I pretty much hate 60 content. Scheduling one's life around a game (raiding) is not a healthy way to live. Yet I'll happily play for hundreds or thousands of hours and have 4+ hour game sessions if I can play according to my schedule.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:27 am

Just create a char in both realms and play both for a while until you feel what suits you best. It's time well invested

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:28 pm

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:50 am
But to kill one unfortunate opponent who is fighting against a mob and he is low hp is not a fun and it is not fair.
Indeed, it's not fair, but 'fun' is very subjective...

For my part, I've been killed at all levels (including level 60) while doing quests/farming, and I've always considered it part of the game. Mainly because, well... it is part of the game.

Annoying

Post by Annoying » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:00 pm

Gladeshadow wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:49 am
I pretty much hate 60 content. Scheduling one's life around a game (raiding) is not a healthy way to live. Yet I'll happily play for hundreds or thousands of hours and have 4+ hour game sessions if I can play according to my schedule.
+1 to that.

Imagine if running dungeons, questing and just doing pvp whenever you felt like it was enough to get good enough gear to have fun in bgs.

Remove high lvl enchnats from twinks to make them weaker would also help make the game alt & new player friendly (especially low level bgs).

Perhaps add a systemt so you can't be attacked by someone much higher level than you unless you attack them first.
Early Endgame - 49 Twinking

Scuffed - 60 Dwarf Hunter
Khrey - 49 Gnome Hunter

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:34 pm

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:05 pm
Darktifa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 pm

The problem is YOU
No, you are the problem. Because you don't want to see server problems.
I WILL NOT PLAY ON A DEAD REALM. Is it difficult to understand? It's my choice to play where I want to play.

What's the point for me playing on a pvp realm if it's the same as a pve server only 10 times less online?
What I am writing here are the reasons why I would start playing there. What needs to be changed so that I think about whether it is worth starting there instead of the old realm.

The problem is YOU!

The fact that you argue with me here almost means
"The server is fine. Admin, don't change anything! Let it just die!"

YOU distract people from the problem. That's how YOU kill it. If you don't want to change anything, then don't write anything, skip the topic, and don't start a flood!
I'm not feeling very distracted. Also- I'm kinda confused as to where exactly Tifa was saying any of this was fine and the server dying was no biggie. Feels like the complete opposite if he's encouraging people to roll there for more activity.

And to label him as the problem because of these reasons I think I've debunked pretty easily feels a little silly. Goofy, even. Foolish, perhaps. Strange, by chance...?

Like... Wuh? I mean, cool, don't wanna listen to some guy's opinion and instructions? Sure, go right the fuck ahead.

But how is that problematic.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:30 pm

Bigsmerf wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:34 pm
I'm not feeling very distracted. Also- I'm kinda confused as to where exactly Tifa was saying any of this was fine and the server dying was no biggie. Feels like the complete opposite if he's encouraging people to roll there for more activity.

And to label him as the problem because of these reasons I think I've debunked pretty easily feels a little silly. Goofy, even. Foolish, perhaps. Strange, by chance...?

Like... Wuh? I mean, cool, don't wanna listen to some guy's opinion and instructions? Sure, go right the fuck ahead.

But how is that problematic.
He blamed me, and I didn't deserve it. When a person offers you something about how to improve the situation, there is no need to make a problem from the offer itself. This is so stupid. It's like you come to get a job, and the employer tells you "We won't pay you. If we don't close in a month, maybe you'll get something."

You say, "Well, I can just go to work in a nearby office where everything is the same plus stability and career growth. But. If you put a TV in the living room and make a free lunch, then I will work for you." insidious_turtle

Some Tifa came out and shouts "We're closing because of you! Because you don't want to work". Or "We're fine!"

Similar to that meme with the dog on fire

And by the way. If one of the admins enters this topic. Then he will read that instead of agreeing that it is necessary to change, he will see some malicious dispute and think "Again, some stupid FLOOD, which is too lazy to even read." And nothing will change. And your realm will die. Because someone thought everything was fine and prevented me to get attantion on situation.

Slimthegrim

Post by Slimthegrim » Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:31 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 pm
Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:36 pm
Darktifa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm
Are YOU actively playing in Tel'Abim?
Are YOU in any way supporting or promoting the pvp realm?
Did YOU read the first post of the topic?
I wanted to start there, but now I'm wondering if it's worth it.
Ofc i read it

The problem is YOU
(and everyone else crying in the forum, while not even playing in Tel'Abim)

PLAY IN THE FUCKING PVP REALM
support it
promote it
bring your friends and their friends too
and after all that
feel free to come here and state your opinion!
Gatekeep gonna gatekeep.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:07 pm

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 3:30 pm

He blamed me, and I didn't deserve it. When a person offers you something about how to improve the situation, there is no need to make a problem from the offer itself. This is so stupid. It's like you come to get a job, and the employer tells you "We won't pay you. If we don't close in a month, maybe you'll get something."

You say, "Well, I can just go to work in a nearby office where everything is the same plus stability and career growth. But. If you put a TV in the living room and make a free lunch, then I will work for you." insidious_turtle

Some Tifa came out and shouts "We're closing because of you! Because you don't want to work". Or "We're fine!"
Your example is so bad in so many ways, that i won't waste my time explaining
but
in my opinion, stupid is
"judging a book by its cover"
read the critics opinion (who said its bad)
accused it as "bad"
proposed things to fix it
and in the end
you have still not read the book!

why DEVS gonna want to hear your opinion?
READ THE F BOOK first
You refuse to read it? WHO CARES?
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:41 pm

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:39 pm
What do you mean wrong players?

[...] lazy players[...]
those for whom the game starts at level 60 [...]
Those guys turtle_tongue

Hope I don't step on anyone's toes here, but the game I'd like to play is called World of Warcraft and not Raid of Warcraft or Battleground of Warcraft. If people want to rush to 60 and afk in capital cities between raids and BG's, that's fine, but there are plenty of other servers which offer just this. Not jumping on that train made turtle special and I think that's a good thing.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:56 pm

Their has definitely been a switch of control of twow over to these zoomers that started playing wow after the game already had a dead open world. I stick around in hopes that they get back to their roots and aren't so hyper focused on the raiding aspect of the game. Now they are changing how weapon skill effects hit because of the racials causing raiders to be mad they do 30 less dps because they aren't a human. PvP is way down the list of priorities currently so unless they get someone in there that cares i would just play on nordanaar.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 pm

yeah the 30 less dps are a serious issue for the "efficient" players, but pve server is not in better shape. Have much more players yes, mostly raid logers and china farmers. Its the same efficient gameplay that make play wow like a job. For the china it is a work no doubt, but the EU ppl :(

Well i guess its how ppl wana play games these days,i for sure dont enjoy this play style.

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:11 pm

Eversongwoods wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:56 pm
Now they are changing how weapon skill effects hit because of the racials causing raiders to be mad they do 30 less dps because they aren't a human.
Wait what? That's insane.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:56 pm

This upcoming weapon skill change was talked about by akalix on vrogrags most recent stream yesterday. They went on about it for a while like they need to justify it but in the end like all the changes they make it "feels bad" for raiders.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:30 am

Ataika wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:17 pm
Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:43 am
Ataika wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:12 am
What do you mean "wrong" ?
Everything is fine, ask local cope squad.
Nope. 145 ppl online is not fine

To compete with PvE server Tel'Abim must to get some advantages.
I've been told several times declining online is fine.
So 145 people is fine, my friend majestik is still having fun there
is not that we dont have fun bro, but surely population looks really bad and this has big impact on server.

we as kor krons we manage to organize literally everyday wpvp events, we have fun attacking and patroling alliance bases, wbosses battles and farming spots. is 100% fun for us, our members and also for the extra ppl that follow us.

now, better not lie population numbers are bad, so most of times ppl lack motivation in joining big open world fights, and on the first death they give up and turn back to pve aspect of the game.

And yes we need an immediate change on plans in Tel'Abim, we need active pvp players to enjoy the game actively and fully motivated. cause even me now im not so optimistic anymore as before.....
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:02 am

Marafado wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 pm
yeah the 30 less dps are a serious issue for the "efficient" players, but pve server is not in better shape. Have much more players yes, mostly raid logers and china farmers. Its the same efficient gameplay that make play wow like a job. For the china it is a work no doubt, but the EU ppl :(

Well i guess its how ppl wana play games these days,i for sure dont enjoy this play style.
pve server is slowly dying too
2 months ago it was 5k online once i logged, today its 3k and declining
Majestik51 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:30 am
Ataika wrote:
Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:43 am

Nope. 145 ppl online is not fine

To compete with PvE server Tel'Abim must to get some advantages.
is not that we dont have fun bro, but surely population looks really bad and this has big impact on server.

we as kor krons we manage to organize literally everyday wpvp events, we have fun attacking and patroling alliance bases, wbosses battles and farming spots. is 100% fun for us, our members and also for the extra ppl that follow us.

now, better not lie population numbers are bad, so most of times ppl lack motivation in joining big open world fights, and on the first death they give up and turn back to pve aspect of the game.

And yes we need an immediate change on plans in Tel'Abim, we need active pvp players to enjoy the game actively and fully motivated. cause even me now im not so optimistic anymore as before.....
There are no immediate options to make this server attractive to newcomers.
Devs should have preraped these major changes before online became 200 hobos, but they did not prepare anything.

The only option is to shut it down (with transfer), completely rework twow class balance + pvp system and release the new one with adveretisement.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:55 am

Ataika wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:02 am
Marafado wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 pm

Majestik51 wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:30 am
Ataika wrote:

There are no immediate options to make this server attractive to newcomers.
Devs should have preraped these major changes before online became 200 hobos, but they did not prepare anything.

The only option is to shut it down (with transfer), completely rework twow class balance + pvp system and release the new one with adveretisement.
we cant play on a crossfaction pve server bro, it doesnt suit for us.
sadly i will have to quit turtle if thats the case..... maintenance_turtle
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:39 am

Ataika wrote:
It was literally 5.1k yesterday. 3k is the online off-peak count.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Allwynd01
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:01 am

Bjorn88 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:02 am
Nitaya wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:23 am
Open-world PVP and some encounters during questing sound fine and entertaining but it will attract toxic ppl and will evolve into a gank fest, pretty quickly

You have 60 minutes to play so you wanna do a few quick quests? Well, bad luck Mr. High lvl rogue is here to stop you.

"But ppl should organize" -> Yeah sure, a complete raid will form just to find a lvl 60 rogue in Redrige or wherever who might be already logged off.
LMAO yes with that fear of players being mean to you you should definitely stay on the pve server.

World pvp is what makes the world interesting and gives you skin in the game. Grouping up and wiping the gankers standing outside BRS or MC, nervously watching your back as you pick that Black Lotus or Rich Thorium vein, or jumping someone who does and taking it from them, is better than any pve experience in the game.
Last time I played PvP was on WoW Classic in 2019 with a Human Rogue. I was level 27 minding my own business in Wetlands, then comes this level skull Orc Warlock, kills me, I try to run away, kills me again about 3-4 times in a row, I had to leave the game for 30 minutes. I'm not unemployed to have all day to play games, I have 1-2 hours in 2 days and that's it..
PvP is not for everyone, hence why people leave it - they come to the same painful realization.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:27 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:01 am
Last time I played PvP was on WoW Classic in 2019 with a Human Rogue. I was level 27 minding my own business in Wetlands, then comes this level skull Orc Warlock, kills me, I try to run away, kills me again about 3-4 times in a row, I had to leave the game for 30 minutes. I'm not unemployed to have all day to play games, I have 1-2 hours in 2 days and that's it..
PvP is not for everyone, hence why people leave it - they come to the same painful realization.
Sadly, the only way to ganking is mostly hated by community. It is phased locations. High level players are hard-separated from low level and just can't harm them.
I think phased locations are possible even in Vanilla, because it is all server-side anyway. It should just be done better, than in WoTLK+. For example - it should not depend on player quest status. Only from player level. Threshold level should be just fine to feel safe when quest in zone are green. If quests are grey, then you should be pushed to "high-level" phase.
Have fun not only at 60.

Alfonso

Post by Alfonso » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:18 pm

I think Tel Abim has kinda hidden advantages.

Its more challanging without cross faktion group buffing.
World bosses are very accesible now with low pop.
Smaller Groups can do a lot in open world pvp.

I would be totaly fine with a population below 1k. I expect the realm to grow again with new content.

I hope they add eye of the storm bg and increase the open world honor bonus.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:15 pm

Zeran wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:39 am
Ataika wrote:
Yep 5K+ EU morning (china prime time) and 3k+ EU prime time.
But in EU prime time if you see the names in SW half of the ppl is chinese, guess we can assume at EU prime time the server should have around 1.5K non china "players".

ps: if you roam a bit in the farming spots there is more china than EU ofc, any hour of the day ;p
ps2: if you remove the russians from the 1.5k, pve and pvp can be around the same number of EU/NA players insidious_turtle

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:29 pm

Marafado wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:15 pm
Zeran wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:39 am
Ataika wrote:
Yep 5K+ EU morning (china prime time) and 3k+ EU prime time.
But in EU prime time if you see the names in SW half of the ppl is chinese, guess we can assume at EU prime time the server should have around 1.5K non china "players".

ps: if you roam a bit in the farming spots there is more china than EU ofc, any hour of the day ;p
ps2: if you remove the russians from the 1.5k, pve and pvp can be around the same number of EU/NA players insidious_turtle
Why do you want to exclude Russian or Chinese players? Chinese players were a problem when they were flooding the server, but now there is no queue and everything is fine.

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:26 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:

Wow so you were ganked five years ago as lvl 27 and from that sole pvp experience you extrapolate what a majority of other players think about (world) pvp.

How you have the confidence to still write long comments on pvp as a phenomenon on a server you don't play on, is mindboggling to me. Your input literally has zero weight in this matter.

Ever heard of the saying, "don't speak of things you know nothing about"?

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:48 am

Bjorn88 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:26 pm

Wow so you were ganked five years ago as lvl 27 and from that sole pvp experience you extrapolate what a majority of other players think about (world) pvp.

How you have the confidence to still write long comments on pvp as a phenomenon on a server you don't play on, is mindboggling to me. Your input literally has zero weight in this matter.

Ever heard of the saying, "don't speak of things you know nothing about"?
Are you angry? Good. Now deal with it.

Rationalizing and decrying other people's opinions and experiences are traits of people who have no arguments, but just want to argue or be in oppositio vdue to personal bias.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? Did I ever say this was my only PvP experience? No, I didn't. Your attempts at arguing are pathetic, like a 7 year old that tries to be sneaky and manipulative.

Besides attacking and trying to belittle me, what else did you say on topic? Nothing, say something on topic or move along.

I will use your own advice on you. "Mind-boggling" is written hyphenated, not fused. So don't use words you don't know how to write. It's a sad state of affairs to be a non-native English speaker and to be teaching native English speakers their own language. xD

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:11 am

Allwynd01 wrote:

Can i ask u some questions?

Are u playing in the pvp realm?
Do you have experience in end game pvp?
Weren't you opposed to the new pvp realm from the beggining?

I'm not trying to "attack" you or "put words in your mouth"
but don't forget
that
"scripta manent"
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 11:42 am

Darktifa wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:11 am

Can i ask u some questions?

I'm not trying to "attack" you or "put words in your mouth"
but don't forget
that
"scripta manent"

I have never played on the PvP realm, because I saw no reason to do so. Now I see even less reason, because my prognosis is that it will be merged into the PvE server in a few weeks/months.

Yes, but not much, I've tried it several times, because I have a friend who plays a lot of end game PvP on WoTLK, mostly Arenas and BGs and made me play with him a few times, but I never had fun, I found it like a chore or a job. I mostly know how to do PvP as a Hunter, Warlock and maybe Warrior, pretty easy classes, not much understanding required, so I can't say I'm good at PvP, I never liked it really. Many years ago I enjoyed doing Battlegrounds, but I quickly realized I was getting more stressed out from it than enjoying it.

I was opposed, I thought that it will segregate the population of the server, it will be using the Turtle WoW team's development resources needlessly. I admit, I never expected the PvP server to face such a colossal failure in such a short time, but I did expect something like this to happen so people can realize PvP just isn't that interesting in the long run.

It has been proved time and time again - even on official Microsoft WoW servers, PvP servers end up dying, usually one faction wins in terms of population, playing on the server becomes both impossible and pointless and people move on. I attribute it to the mentality of PvP players who want to fight and win. My personal PvE mentality is "I don't care if I win or lose, as long as I have fun" so I play the game at my own pace and even allow other players to take things before me, like resource nodes, quest items that respawn, etc.

Marafado

Post by Marafado » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:28 pm

Last year twow got the attention of the fresh pvp crew and the china crew, the fresh boys have moved to next "fresh" hype. Some of the china crew saw an oportunity to earn a few "dolas" and stay in pve.

Turtle staff got exited with all the "attention" and the oportunity to sell some shiny mounts ;p

What we have after all the "hype " :
- pvp realm have less than 300 spartans;
- pve realm swarmed by china farmers.

Steelgrip

Post by Steelgrip » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:32 am

Nitaya wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:23 am
Open-world PVP and some encounters during questing sound fine and entertaining but it will attract toxic ppl and will evolve into a gank fest, pretty quickly

You have 60 minutes to play so you wanna do a few quick quests? Well, bad luck Mr. High lvl rogue is here to stop you.

"But ppl should organize" -> Yeah sure, a complete raid will form just to find a lvl 60 rogue in Redrige or wherever who might be already logged off.
This is so pricesly perfectly said :D

I played on PvP realm for 30lvls+ ... until I got into STV (on Alliance) and right away 3 in in row I got perma-camped by 60 lvl Rogues ... no chance to quest ... :)

I was like ... "Oh!" so this is what it felt like to play WoW back in my day :D (cause I really havent experienced gangking probs in 7y or so) - and I was like - "No thanks. Don't have time for this bullshit anymore."

So I deleted Turtle WoW (again) and went to play on my WotLK PvP chars :D having a fucking blast

Only reason I write here - because I had a dream about Vanilla Druid rework tonight - reworked talent tress - and I was like WTF - what a random dream - let's check TWoW --- but only thing I found is that it is in same state I left it :)

So all good - maybe once the make changes to classes I might log back on my PvE realm Druid just to check it :)

Otherwise I believe WotLK to be best version of WoW (as far as Classes / balance / PvP) ... but I love the Azeroth World for sure! :) Although Northrend is pretty too ... I don't like Outland - that's hidious ...

Have a good one

Steelgrip

Post by Steelgrip » Sun Mar 24, 2024 8:34 am

Marafado wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:28 pm
Last year twow got the attention of the fresh pvp crew and the china crew, the fresh boys have moved to next "fresh" hype. Some of the china crew saw an oportunity to earn a few "dolas" and stay in pve.

Turtle staff got exited with all the "attention" and the oportunity to sell some shiny mounts ;p

What we have after all the "hype " :
- pvp realm have less than 300 spartans;
- pve realm swarmed by china farmers.
Kek ! This is perfect!

I used to play on PvE realm - but quit due to my Druid being borderline uselss in PvP :D

Then when I installed it back during Dec 23 or so I was like WTF is wrong with all these Chinese names :D

Nobody understood me, nobody talked back to me - I was like ok fine :D

And I moved on again after 1 log in :D to uninstall the game again :D

Turtlenitis

Post by Turtlenitis » Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:57 am

Hey guys, do world buffs work in raids and do people even raid (atleast on ally side)? And whats with weapon skill changes? We dont have to be humans anymore? smiling_turtle_head

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 4:17 am

Turtlenitis wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 3:57 am
Hey guys, do world buffs work in raids and do people even raid (atleast on ally side)? And whats with weapon skill changes? We dont have to be humans anymore? smiling_turtle_head
World buffs do not work in raids.

If you are referring to the PvE server, yes, there are raiding guilds on both factions. Others can provide more detail on this, I’m sure.

There have been no Racial changes to weapon skill to date. I believe this will be coming in the next patch (1.17.2). It might just be Racial changes or perhaps they might rework the weapon skill system itself.. who knows…!?