What's wrong with the pvp server?

Bloodline1x9

What's wrong with the pvp server?

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:24 am

If you look at the graphs, you can see that Tel'Abim had high online.

For some reason the online went down and down. I saw 260 people online yesterday and 110 this morning.
I want to know your opinion, why? I wanted to start there, but now I'm wondering if it's worth it.
The server allows you to gank anyone, anywhere. Isn't that cool?

I definitely don't want to forget about this server. I like the concept of it. But I don't want to play there either, knowing that when I finish leveling I won't be able to get into any BG. One will be active, and the other 3 aren't pop.

Personally, I think that something needs to be changed in it. It is possible to make it x2 or x3 all exp.
Make it possible to play hardcore challenge there. Plus, the Alliance and Horde could play in a group. Yes, that is a pvp server. You can kill anyone, but that doesn't stop you from playing together in PvE.
But what do you think? To help bring the server online?

Lorejeen

Re: What's wrong with the pvp server?

Post by Lorejeen » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:35 am

We can do nothing, we cannt stop the progression to merge in Nordanaar.

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:05 am

Lorejeen wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:35 am
We can do nothing, we cannt stop the progression to merge in Nordanaar.
If Nordanaar is x1, then Tel'Abim as x2 / x3 experience would be a good alternative as faster leveling.
Plus hardcore players don't care where to play (almost)

Nitaya

Post by Nitaya » Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:23 am

Open-world PVP and some encounters during questing sound fine and entertaining but it will attract toxic ppl and will evolve into a gank fest, pretty quickly

You have 60 minutes to play so you wanna do a few quick quests? Well, bad luck Mr. High lvl rogue is here to stop you.

"But ppl should organize" -> Yeah sure, a complete raid will form just to find a lvl 60 rogue in Redrige or wherever who might be already logged off.

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:49 am

Nitaya wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:23 am
Open-world PVP and some encounters during questing sound fine and entertaining but it will attract toxic ppl and will evolve into a gank fest, pretty quickly

You have 60 minutes to play so you wanna do a few quick quests? Well, bad luck Mr. High lvl rogue is here to stop you.

"But ppl should organize" -> Yeah sure, a complete raid will form just to find a lvl 60 rogue in Redrige or wherever who might be already logged off.
These arguments are always blown out of proportion. Hordes of 60's don't roam around the whole day looking for grey-levels to kill. If anything, most of them are AFK sitting in Org/STW next to the BG NPC's and are waiting to queue into AV.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:02 am

Nitaya wrote:

LMAO yes with that fear of players being mean to you you should definitely stay on the pve server.

World pvp is what makes the world interesting and gives you skin in the game. Grouping up and wiping the gankers standing outside BRS or MC, nervously watching your back as you pick that Black Lotus or Rich Thorium vein, or jumping someone who does and taking it from them, is better than any pve experience in the game.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:12 am

What do you mean "wrong" ?
Everything is fine, ask local cope squad.
These arguments are always blown out of proportion. Hordes of 60's don't roam around the whole day looking for grey-levels to kill.
There are dedicated players sitting in lvling locations killing lowbies 24/7

But thats not a main reason why this realm is dead.

Ovaron

Post by Ovaron » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:34 am

is it too late to level up a herbalism char to stackup plaguebloom before server merge? unhappy_turtle

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:40 am

Ovaron wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:34 am
is it too late to level up a herbalism char to stackup plaguebloom before server merge? unhappy_turtle
I haven't heard of any merge happening so far (though it will eventually come if the situation doesn't improve).

Unless the Turtle WoW devs consider the player base of Tel'Abim so negligible that it's not even worth it... scared_turtle

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:43 am

Ataika wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:12 am
Nope. 145 ppl online is not fine

To compete with PvE server Tel'Abim must to get some advantages.

Nitaya

Post by Nitaya » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:58 am

Bjorn88 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:02 am
Nitaya wrote:

LMAO yes with that fear of players being mean to you you should definitely stay on the pve server.

World pvp is what makes the world interesting and gives you skin in the game. Grouping up and wiping the gankers standing outside BRS or MC, nervously watching your back as you pick that Black Lotus or Rich Thorium vein, or jumping someone who does and taking it from them, is better than any pve experience in the game.
Yeah, I tremble in fear when I just think of PvP. (Dunno how you get to such conclusions but hey)
When you are lvl 60, sure watching your back while collecting stuff adds to the enjoyment, having encounters with players/groups similar to your lvl is also great.

But, some situations are also part of PvP server that are NOT fun for 1 side. Getting constantly ganked by lvl 60 as a lvl 20-30? You can't fight back, you can't hurt him. All you can do is not play the game.
What about number imbalance? I have played on PvP servers with 80-20% ratio and being the minority means you will be outnumbered by a wide margin.

Players will not try to auto-balance the realms, which never happened, if 1 side has more players, they will roll that faction since they don't want to be handicapped.

Xudo
Has liked: 49 times

Post by Xudo » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:50 am

As far as I understand, twow devs see PvP server as "world PvP" server. It is not a place to spam battlegrounds all the time.
Twow devs did great job in development of Azeroth world and they don't want to abandon this content in favor of people who prefer battlegrounds.

Other thing is twow promise to open BWL, AQ40 and naxx. It is literally big "no way" to everyone who care about gear balance in PvP.

Third thing is not turtle specific. It is horrible PvP progression in Vanilla. Very few "hardcore" afkers are ready to be involved in it.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:10 am

Xudo wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:50 am
Third thing is not turtle specific. It is horrible PvP progression in Vanilla. Very few "hardcore" afkers are ready to be involved in it.
Indeed, but that's exactly why it would have been nice if TWow devs had made the necessary changes instead of taking it as is...

For example, allowing PvP gear to be purchased with honor points (instead of the current insane and meaningless grinding). That would have been so much healthier.

I don't think it would have been difficult to do compared to everything else they've implemented.

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:03 pm

Nothing wrong with PVP server, it's just dead.

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:12 pm

Ovaron wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:34 am
I doubt there's going to be a merge.

And if it happens, it won't happen before both servers are in sync in terms of content progression.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:11 pm

if people think that x3 x7 is helping.. its not. it will only bring people who are not really interested in their chars caus its too easy to get a player to max level.

i would much rather allow all non 10-60s free transfer from pve server to be able to join the pvp server (no items allowed to crash the economy)

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:17 pm

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:43 am
Ataika wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:12 am
Nope. 145 ppl online is not fine

To compete with PvE server Tel'Abim must to get some advantages.
I've been told several times declining online is fine.
So 145 people is fine, my friend majestik is still having fun there

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:56 pm

I will remind people again, the pve server had a population of just a few hundred for the first few years. Tel'Abim has been up for what? 8 months? I joined the server around when the population was 1-1.5k and that was like 2 years ago. We're coming up on what, the 6th anniversary? Give it some time.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:58 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:56 pm
I will remind people again, the pve server had a population of just a few hundred for the first few years. Tel'Abim has been up for what? 8 months? I joined the server around when the population was 1-1.5k. Give it some time.
Main server is lucrative for pve players and became populated upon advertisement
The pvp one is not lucrative for pvp players, there is nothing for players to turn on "uh oh so cool server i gonna jump"

So dont cope and hope this realm gonna explode as the main one

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:08 pm

Ataika wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:58 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
I will remind people again, the pve server had a population of just a few hundred for the first few years. Tel'Abim has been up for what? 8 months? I joined the server around when the population was 1-1.5k. Give it some time.
Main server is lucrative for pve players and became populated upon advertisement
The pvp one is not lucrative for pvp players, there is nothing for players to turn on "uh oh so cool server i gonna jump"

I don't remember any advertisements for Turtle. From all the people I've spoken to on the PVP server, they all love it. They're working together and communicating, self organizing events, etc. Heck, half the complaints are from people either "thinking of rolling on the server" or people who are only a few levels deep. Give it time rather than trying to rush it. There's nothing wrong w/ the server. The pop is just low. If you like pvp, level there and make it work...participate in the community, talk to the devs, etc. Coming on here and complaining does nothing. Productive talk = "we should do xyz to abc, here's why" vs. "pvp server sucks" from someone who's lvl 20 are two totally different discussions. So far, the vast majority of the discussions surrounding the pvp server are the latter. It also doesn't help when the people on the forum are going "don't roll there the pop is low, it sucks"...so people don't roll there.

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:11 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
I will remind people again, the pve server had a population of just a few hundred for the first few years. Tel'Abim has been up for what? 8 months? I joined the server around when the population was 1-1.5k and that was like 2 years ago. We're coming up on what, the 6th anniversary? Give it some time.
It released late october so around five months. People have been dooming since around december.

Apart from SoD, nothing has been so destructive to the server pop as the constant dooming on here and on discord. So, to all the "private server experts" out there, that's thanks to you. Well done.

That said, the server does need some unique pvp features to keep it attractive longterm. Hopefully the planned new features (faction leader loot and towers) are implemented asap and make for fun content.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:08 pm
Ataika wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:58 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:

I don't remember any advertisements for Turtle. From all the people I've spoken to on the PVP server, they all love it. They're working together and communicating, self organizing events, etc. Heck, half the complaints are from people either "thinking of rolling on the server" or people who are only a few levels deep. Give it time rather than trying to rush it. There's nothing wrong w/ the server. The pop is just low. If you like pvp, level there and make it work...participate in the community, talk to the devs, etc. Coming on here and complaining does nothing. Productive talk = "we should do xyz to abc, here's why" vs. "pvp server sucks" from someone who's lvl 20 are two totally different discussions. So far, the vast majority of the discussions surrounding the pvp server are the latter. It also doesn't help when the people on the forum are going "don't roll there the pop is low, it sucks"...so people don't roll there.
I came here due to reddi posts, and when i have starded playing online was around 600 players.

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:06 pm

Ataika wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:17 pm

I've been told several times declining online is fine.
So 145 people is fine, my friend majestik is still having fun there
Just because it's okay for your friend doesn't mean it's okay for everyone.

And since online continues to fall, if nothing is changed, then soon your friend will not be satisfied either. When BG's isn't pop on PvP server, lol.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm

Tel'Abim was launched without addressing ANY of the PvP-related issues people on the main server complained about for years (such as the horrid class balance).
It was doomed to sink by design.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:24 am

I definitely don't want to forget about this server
Are YOU actively playing in Tel'Abim?
Are YOU in any way supporting or promoting the pvp realm?
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:36 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm
Did YOU read the first post of the topic?
I wanted to start there, but now I'm wondering if it's worth it.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 pm

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:36 pm
Darktifa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm
Did YOU read the first post of the topic?
I wanted to start there, but now I'm wondering if it's worth it.
Ofc i read it

The problem is YOU
(and everyone else crying in the forum, while not even playing in Tel'Abim)

PLAY IN THE FUCKING PVP REALM
support it
promote it
bring your friends and their friends too
and after all that
feel free to come here and state your opinion!
Czasku wrote:
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:05 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:52 pm

The problem is YOU
No, you are the problem. Because you don't want to see server problems.
I WILL NOT PLAY ON A DEAD REALM. Is it difficult to understand? It's my choice to play where I want to play.

What's the point for me playing on a pvp realm if it's the same as a pve server only 10 times less online?
What I am writing here are the reasons why I would start playing there. What needs to be changed so that I think about whether it is worth starting there instead of the old realm.

The problem is YOU!

The fact that you argue with me here almost means
"The server is fine. Admin, don't change anything! Let it just die!"

YOU distract people from the problem. That's how YOU kill it. If you don't want to change anything, then don't write anything, skip the topic, and don't start a flood!

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:10 pm

You're arguing with an idiot. He's always trying to stir shit up for its own sake and never brings any arguments.

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:30 pm

Darktifa wrote:

The problem is YOU
(and everyone else crying in the forum, while not even playing in Tel'Abim)

PLAY IN THE FUCKING PVP REALM
support it
promote it
bring your friends and their friends too
and after all that
feel free to come here and state your opinion!
This is actually highly relevant for the state of the server - outsiders watching the pop drop and stating their opinion about it. 90 percent of the attention+publicity the server gets is negative comments from outsiders. Ofcourse that's gonna scare new players away. Meanwhile qualitatively speaking the server is in many ways more alive and resembling an oldschool vanilla pvp server than the pve server.

I support some form of xp boost but crossfaction pve is just a bad idea on a pvp server.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:39 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:10 pm
You're arguing with an idiot. He's always trying to stir shit up for its own sake and never brings any arguments.
You are calling me an idiot for no apparent reason
and then accusing me of stirring shit up

OH the irony

In the meantime, i'm still waiting for your reply in the other thread
Begone TROLL!!!
Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:05 pm
Darktifa wrote:

The problem is YOU
No, you are the problem. Because you don't want to see server problems.
I WILL NOT PLAY ON A DEAD REALM. Is it difficult to understand? It's my choice to play where I want to play.

What's the point for me playing on a pvp realm if it's the same as a pve server only 10 times less online?
What I am writing here are the reasons why I would start playing there. What needs to be changed so that I think about whether it is worth starting there instead of the old realm.

The problem is YOU!

The fact that you argue with me here almost means
"The server is fine. Admin, don't change anything! Let it just die!"

YOU distract people from the problem. That's how YOU kill it. If you don't want to change anything, then don't write anything, skip the topic, and don't start a flood!
PvP realm has several problems, nobody denies it, nothing is perfect
Class imbalance might be the biggest and imo
the reason why it has such a low pop

But
according to you
the problem is the active community that is still playing
supporting the realm with all its problems
promoting it
and bringing their friends here, instead of letting it die?
and not an outsider, who hasn't even started playing?

ok, i have nothing to add...
Czasku wrote:

Sczq

Post by Sczq » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:11 pm

people do'nt join thats the problem

Ragetto

Post by Ragetto » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:35 pm

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:05 pm
I WILL NOT PLAY ON A DEAD REALM.
Fortunately, no one is forcing you to do it.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:41 pm

Bloodline1x9 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:24 am
If you look at the graphs, you can see that Tel'Abim had high online.

For some reason the online went down and down. I saw 260 people online yesterday and 110 this morning.
I want to know your opinion, why? I wanted to start there, but now I'm wondering if it's worth it.
The server allows you to gank anyone, anywhere. Isn't that cool?

I definitely don't want to forget about this server. I like the concept of it. But I don't want to play there either, knowing that when I finish leveling I won't be able to get into any BG. One will be active, and the other 3 aren't pop.

Personally, I think that something needs to be changed in it. It is possible to make it x2 or x3 all exp.
Make it possible to play hardcore challenge there. Plus, the Alliance and Horde could play in a group. Yes, that is a pvp server. You can kill anyone, but that doesn't stop you from playing together in PvE.
But what do you think? To help bring the server online?
First of all, yes the declining population is a problem. This can't be denied or sugarcoated. Population always fluctuates, however. On the long run, the server will need a steady supply of leveling people, which means newcomers or people who are willing to roll an alt and don't level it by having a friend AE spamming dungeons with a high level char.

Also: being able to gank/be ganked is part of the pvp server experience. While it can be annoying to be ganked when you just want to kill a few highland raptors for that quest and maybe tap an iron node or two during your coffee break, a pvp server keeps players on their toes all the time. It's not for everybody, but for some people it is, indeed, very cool :-).

About the suggestions:
x2, x3 exp: Nope. At least not permanently. Yes, we would attract more players but I think we would attract the wrong players. However, I played on another private server years ago and they had "special weekends" on a regular basis: One weekend bonus honor from certain BG's, one weekend bonus reputation with some faction or another, one weekend significant bonus XP. The latter ones were really great. Everybody would dust off some alt on these and team up for low level quests and dungeons instead of AFK'ing in Shattrath. Great times, but then the official realms basically killed the server.

Cross faction:
Well, they DO make crossfaction and warmode work on Nordanaar, after all. Just remove the opt-in from warmode and we're good to go with this one. OP might be on to something here.

Also: Doomers should just shut up and just go play somewhere else. We won't miss you.

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:39 pm

Ishilu wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:41 pm
About the suggestions:
x2, x3 exp: Nope. At least not permanently. Yes, we would attract more players but I think we would attract the wrong players.
What do you mean wrong players?
x2 / x3 it's not x100 and not even x5. Twice / triple it's still long leveling way for classic.
The idea is to make the leveling process attractive enough for lazy players and those who don't have a lot of free time.
And also for those for whom the game starts at level 60. There will be most of them on the pvp server. That is, it accelerates their way from "necessary time consumption" to "start playing".
And it's a compete alternative for PvE realm. The player will have a choice, either slowly on x1 on a popular server, or not popular but on x3.

Whether to do accelerated leveling forever or not can be decided later. I think if the server really grows online to several thousand, then it will be possible to cancel accelerated leveling if necessary. Then there will be no need for additional motivation compared to PvE realm. This is all talk about nothing. This is a guess about something that hasn't happened yet. As if tomorrow there will be 2000 online, lol.
Bjorn88 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:30 pm
I support some form of xp boost but crossfaction pve is just a bad idea on a pvp server.
Crossfactor is needed to make it easier to do pvE on a server with little online.
There is pvp on the Nordanaar. And on the Tel'Abim there is pvE too.

Plus, at least it will be possible to write enemy you killed, or if he killed you. This communication between opponents is a cool resolution for trolling.