Nerf Tea by 50%

Krotux

Nerf Tea by 50%

Post by Krotux » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:20 pm

Tea is objectively OP in classic. Originally, it was a one-time thing. Then it was possible to farm, and now it's freely accessible for around 40s.

It's stronger than healthstones AND also regen mana. Stronger than dark runes / demonic runes AND instead of costing health it also GIVES health.

Tea is objectively OP compared to all the similar non-potion consumables. Heck, even compared to potions it's way better than health and mana potions.

Even if you nerf tea by 50%, it would still be really good compared to other options. Regen 500-600 health AND mana would still be competitive. If people want maximum mana they should use runes, and if people want maximum health regen they should use healthstones.

One counterpoint is that hybrid classes are balanced around tea. That is not true, and even if it was, that should be addressed in the next class change update.

Unsinn

Re: Nerf Tea by 50%

Post by Unsinn » Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:22 pm

agree.

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:58 pm

While I enjoy spamming tea it completely devalues demonic runes, and to an extent also healthstones. It is so strong it completely trivializes mana costs for hunters even in long fights.

Calli

Post by Calli » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:03 pm

It is not mandatory to use them. You would have been better asking for buff bosses.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:32 pm

Calli wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:03 pm
It is not mandatory to use them. You would have been better asking for buff bosses.
Buffing bosses would not achieve anything for this issue. In fact, if that's the only change they implemented, it would only increase the dependency/value of Nordanaar Tea.

Also, whether any consume is 'mandatory' or not, is besides the point. The fact is, for how easy it is acquire Nordanaar Tea, it simply is too powerful. Compare it to Dark/Demonic Runes (share same cooldown) which are infinitely more difficult to farm, aren't as powerful and have a negative side effect too. Furthermore, the salt into the wound is the fact that the Tea shares a cooldown with two class spells (Mage Mana Gem and Warlock Healthstone) and is more powerful than them. The saving grace is that it doesn't share a cooldown with potions otherwise, trust me, people would forgo using Major Mana Pots too.

The simplest solution is to either reduce the health/mana restored or give it a seperate cooldown which doesn't overlap with runes or healthstone/mana gem. However, if the latter option was done, this would further trivialise mana management in TWoW for raid encounters.

Mackylol

Post by Mackylol » Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:54 pm

Calli wrote:
It is not mandatory to use them.
???
Calli wrote:
You would have been better asking for buff bosses.
So true, lets ask for something bigger. MORE effort, we dont want a minor change.. WE WANT BIG! BIG BOSSES, HARDER! MORE!

Or just change a consumable that is so clearly outshining every other resource consumable in the game. Its a 2-in-1 AND its cheap.

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:46 pm

No. All are fine.

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:31 pm

Farm of demonic runes was the worst thing in classic.
Turtle devs did the best change on this server, they added tea.

Manletow
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Manletow » Sat Mar 02, 2024 1:15 am

These Tea are laughably overpowered (especially for hybrids)
I am a Shaman and abuse them in PVP -- its totally absurd

But like someone said -- its possible that hybrids get buffed in Class Changes 2.0 and then they will finally feel "safe" nerfing these OP consoooomables
Paladin is broken in PVP.
Frost Mage is broken in PVP/PVE.
Warrior is awful in PVP.
Feral Druid is mediocre in PVP.
Enhancement Shaman is fine. Stop begging for goofy custom abilities.

Burunduk

Post by Burunduk » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:03 am

Have you ever farmed runes on overpopulated server?
Do you know how hard it is?
You will waste all your free time fighting for mobs with the chinese.

Class changes will not give endless mana, and healers will have to use tons of runes and potions, but after tea nerf mana potions will cost like mongoose.
Imagine how many runes and potions you will need after new raids release?
I will leave server immidiatly after this change.

Astrallizard

Post by Astrallizard » Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:22 am

This topic was already discussed in viewtopic.php?t=6517.

Also, check viewtopic.php?p=81092 and viewtopic.php?p=79754 which address this matter too.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:27 am

Burunduk wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:03 am
Have you ever farmed runes on overpopulated server?
Do you know how hard it is?
You will waste all your free time fighting for mobs with the chinese.

Class changes will not give endless mana, and healers will have to use tons of runes and potions, but after tea nerf mana potions will cost like mongoose.
Imagine how many runes and potions you will need after new raids release?
I will leave server immidiatly after this change.
Actually runes are extremely easy to get now. All the demons in hyjal drop runes, for example. I randomly have like 100+ demonic runes and not even trying.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:12 am

how its 40s ?
shard costs 1g

Jstansberry

Post by Jstansberry » Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:18 am

Tea is very good, but why is it a problem?

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:08 am

It looks like this is a problem for those who like to complicate their lives and do not like QoL improvements
Last edited by Elisleris on Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:09 am

Elisleris wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:08 am
It looks like the the is a problem for those who like to complicate their lives and do not like QoL improvements
Imagine calling QOL an item that makes class spells obsolete

Xudo
Has liked: 45 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:23 am

Jstansberry wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:18 am
Tea is very good, but why is it a problem?
It is too good.

It is no-brainer button. All your way to 60 you need to manage mana: drink between pulls, get your mana potions prepared in case of emergency. When you start raiding you just hoard ton of tea and don't really care about mana.
There was Greater Dreamless Sleep Potion to restore mana. Huge restoration (compared to instant potion), but with drawback. Does anybody using it now?
There was Runes to restore mana. Good restoration with different cooldown at a cost of health. It is just crafting ingredient now.
In some other thread one raider said that he doesn't even consider Mageblood elixir (+12mp5) as useful one.
Do raiding warlocks use Life tap or they just drink tea too?

I mean, mana management was just removed from the game. It became like in TBC when healers had infinite mana.
I do understand that it allowed OOMkins, elemental shamans and shadow priests to do their DPS, but tea trivialized raiding for more mana-optimized classes.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:59 am

Ataika wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:12 am
how its 40s ?
shard costs 1g
you get like 5 tea per shard (forgot the exact number atm)

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:42 am

Burunduk wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 6:31 pm
Farm of demonic runes was the worst thing in classic.
Turtle devs did the best change on this server, they added tea.
It looks like this is a problem for those who like to complicate their lives and do not like QoL improvements
satisfied_turtle_head

+1
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:49 am

Krotux wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:59 am
Ataika wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 7:12 am
how its 40s ?
shard costs 1g
you get like 5 tea per shard (forgot the exact number atm)
Damn its even cheaper then wary_turtle_head

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Mon Apr 01, 2024 12:10 pm

Devs added an easy-to-get item which breaks the game.
Warlocks received a class quest in the past to create soulwell, which is a feels good spell, almost like an orange. Then tea came to the same GCD. Nowadays in raids I see warlock asking for cookie summoners out of pride and people are like lol man, we don't need that garbage (or people are just polite, summon the cookies, take them and never use them).
Tea gives HP and mana. The alternative for HP is obviously soulwell (just make it so that warlock's improved HS talent makes soulwell cookies better, too).
The alternative for mana would be the runes. If farming takes too much time, just increase tthe droprate.
Currently everyone can have almost infinite money with satyr shard farming anyway, and dark rune is a boe. You can buy as many as you want.
Tea in its current form really breaks the game. Me as a resto shammie started to not care about proper spell downgrades in fights. Mana tide totem also became a total joke (it kinda was in the past but still). Mana users can spend mana irresponsibly now in raids. Vanilla PVE is easy, one of the most important thing you had to manage as a caster was mana in longer fights. Not anymore.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:01 pm

By the way, I didn't even say remove tea

I just said nerf it by 50% so that it is balanced. You can still use them. But if you want max mana regen you have to use runes instead. Runes cost hp so it is not always the best to use.

Atreidon

Post by Atreidon » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:06 pm

The "good classes" mostly can manage without tea. Warlocks & Mages do not need it to manage their mana even during challenging encounters. The ones that most benefit from tea are the classes that are paying the hybrid tax. Boomkins, offensive shamas prot pally etc are much more competetive due to habing tools to solve their mana issues.

Tea is incredibly strong, but so are runes, as the hp cost for the most part doesnt really matter. I do think tea could do with a nerf, but only if the manaproblems of the classes most affected get revisited.

Tea is a bandaid fix. It would be better to not have that manaproblem on some classes in the first place.but just demanding certain classes must waste a lot of time to farm their consumable is missguided imho.

There is certainly the case that tea makes the game much easier to heal and it does devalue beinging arcane mages & shadow priests for mana purposes quite a bit. Largely removing the upside of beinging those specs.

Changes to tea imho should happen. But just nerfing it and demanding people who play the weak classes go farm runes for hours is imho the wrong approach

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:18 pm

Atreidon wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:06 pm
The "good classes" mostly can manage without tea. Warlocks & Mages do not need it to manage their mana even during challenging encounters. The ones that most benefit from tea are the classes that are paying the hybrid tax. Boomkins, offensive shamas prot pally etc are much more competetive due to habing tools to solve their mana issues.

Tea is incredibly strong, but so are runes, as the hp cost for the most part doesnt really matter. I do think tea could do with a nerf, but only if the manaproblems of the classes most affected get revisited.

Tea is a bandaid fix. It would be better to not have that manaproblem on some classes in the first place.but just demanding certain classes must waste a lot of time to farm their consumable is missguided imho.

There is certainly the case that tea makes the game much easier to heal and it does devalue beinging arcane mages & shadow priests for mana purposes quite a bit. Largely removing the upside of beinging those specs.

Changes to tea imho should happen. But just nerfing it and demanding people who play the weak classes go farm runes for hours is imho the wrong approach
simply remove the health part ?

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:45 pm

Atreidon wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:06 pm

Tea is a really recent addition, specially the easy to access Hyjal tea. Before that people did just fine and it wasn't a problem. If you think the issue is just that runes take time to get, just increase both demonic rune and the shadow rune drop rates significantly. Problem solved.

Geojak
Has liked: 12 times

Post by Geojak » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:55 am

tea is not a recent addition to twow. before hyjal you got your teas from the wintersrping quests. now its even easier to get the new hyjal tea. in the 2 years+ i have been on this server, tea has always been defining raiding

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Apr 02, 2024 11:57 am

from my old forum post that was linked above:
"we got
Whipper Root Tuber for health (~800 health)
Night Dragon's Breath (~420 Health & ~420 Mana)
Major Healthstone (1320 health)
Dark / Demonic Runes (- ~800 Health & ~1200 Mana)

Nerf tea to be only around 50% more powerfull than the night dragon from felwood to give other consumables reason to be situasionaly used like heslthsrones, mana ruby, demonic runes

New values
320 - 530 heal
640-1060 mana"

Bahamutxd

Post by Bahamutxd » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:03 pm

Although it may be a only mage thing, it renders mana stones useless aswell.

Doesn't seem to be right to me that an item like this makes core skills useless.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:08 pm

Bahamutxd wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:03 pm
Although it may be a only mage thing, it renders mana stones useless aswell.

Doesn't seem to be right to me that an item like this makes core skills useless.
agreed, it rly ruined the rpg immersion of wralocks health stone and mages mana gems when your special class skill is worse than some tea everyone uses

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:06 pm

I hope it is addressed in the next patch but would like to see devs say something

Frantsel
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Frantsel » Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:19 pm

Remove it completely!

Elleshar

Post by Elleshar » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:53 pm

Also getting the rare MC recipe Major Rejuvenation Potion makes it totally worthless when it's much easier and cheaper to just farm shards for tea in Hyjal for the same effect.

Astrallizard

Post by Astrallizard » Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:48 pm

At this point I see no chance for a nerf. This consumable has been part of the TWoW gameplay for too long now, and farming it was even made easier with the Hyjal update.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Fri Apr 12, 2024 5:40 pm

Elleshar wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:53 pm
Also getting the rare MC recipe Major Rejuvenation Potion makes it totally worthless when it's much easier and cheaper to just farm shards for tea in Hyjal for the same effect.
ah yea totally forgot about this one.

Also to the guy above I disagree that it can't be nerfed because it's "been here too long". It's such a bullshit excuse.

Sagabal

Post by Sagabal » Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:59 pm

I don't think this item should invalidate every single other item that shares its cooldown, is my biggest problem with it. If it was Unique (5) or something, or if it restored much lower numbers, or if it gave you a debuff that stopped you from using it for an hour... There's lots of ways to restrict the teas so that healthstone/managems/runes/felwood plants are at least sometimes relevant, instead of just being a waste of time.