Healthstones are 100% useless now

Krotux

Healthstones are 100% useless now

Post by Krotux » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:31 pm

Obviously exaggerated title because healthstones are free but still. Tea with sugar and the new Hyjal one shares a CD with healthstones and restores both health and mana, which is crazy. It also heals more than a healthstone. It's like being able to use both a health and mana pot and still not using up your pot cd.

It is now also extremely easy to get (cheaper than potions).

Probably should nerf the teas by restoring about half as much

Oxdrum34

Re: Healthstones are 100% useless now

Post by Oxdrum34 » Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:47 pm

What if the warlock specs into Improved Healthstones? Do they then heal more health than the Tea?

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Thu Nov 09, 2023 5:32 am

It can, because tea is RNG but the higher end of the tea is still higher healing than the improved healthstone.

Also, even if the warlock specs into it, the soulwell gives the unupgraded version.

And then on top of it it also gives mana lol

Manletow
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Manletow » Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:47 am

Yeah I can understand your frustration.

The Nordrannar Herbal Tea (basically just renamed Tea With Sugar) is so cheap/easy to get now that theres no reason to not use it as much as possible

2g (Small Dream shard) buys FIVE of these Teas (stacks of 5) so they are roughly 40 silver each
A generic Major Healing Pot gives ZERO mana and costs 60silver each last time i checked

Basically these teas are just overpowered compared to the competition
Paladin is broken in PVP.
Frost Mage is broken in PVP/PVE.
Warrior is awful in PVP.
Feral Druid is mediocre in PVP.
Enhancement Shaman is fine. Stop begging for goofy custom abilities.

Manolothegreat

Post by Manolothegreat » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:35 am

Oxdrum34 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 8:47 pm
What if the warlock specs into Improved Healthstones? Do they then heal more health than the Tea?
With Master Conjuror the healthstones heal 1440 hp BUT the soul well is not modified by the talent, so the mass-produced healthstones stay at 1200. Unless you get a warlock willing to give hs to everyone one by one you will always get a 1200 hs

In any case the health stones are inferior
PRISE THE SUN \[T]/

Ataika
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Ataika » Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:57 am

Manletow wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:47 am

The Nordrannar Herbal Tea (basically just renamed Tea With Sugar) is so cheap/easy to get now that theres no reason to not use it as much as possible

2g (Small Dream shard) buys FIVE of these Teas (stacks of 5) so they are roughly 40 silver each
A generic Major Healing Pot gives ZERO mana and costs 60silver each last time i checked

turtle devs never heard of ingame balance
breaking news

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:58 am

I was expecting to get screeched at by min-maxers but glad to see people do acknowledge that the tea is OP lol

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:53 am

Old thread regarding tea viewtopic.php?t=6517
I assume that tea will remain the same because all meme specs will not be viable without it. Like protection paladins, balance druids, elemental shamans, shadow priests.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Edgarek

Post by Edgarek » Fri Nov 10, 2023 10:32 am

Just make it unique in one get.
12 unique Tea with Sugar.
25 Nordranaar tea.
Otherwise its would encourage just buying Nordanaar tea, until bags are full.

Balake

Post by Balake » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:51 pm

Krotux wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:58 am
I was expecting to get screeched at by min-maxers but glad to see people do acknowledge that the tea is OP lol
Because that discussion was already had dozens of times, the people who love tea are exhausted from people constantly trying to take things away from them.
I'm a warlock, I never heard any of my fellow warlocks say tea should be nerfed to make healthstones better. Healthstones already have a big plus and that is that they are free

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:54 pm

Balake wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:51 pm
Krotux wrote:
Because that discussion was already had dozens of times, the people who love tea are exhausted from people constantly trying to take things away from them.
I'm a warlock, I never heard any of my fellow warlocks say tea should be nerfed to make healthstones better. Healthstones already have a big plus and that is that they are free
Not to mention available from level... What, 8 or 10?
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:32 pm

Balake wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:51 pm
Krotux wrote:
If we removed all pots and consumables from pvp arena sure but its annoying seeing people regaining a shit ton of resources for free.

I mean, its just OP period. Even if it only restored 600 hp/mana it would still be really good.

The new tea is cheaper than normal potions btw. It's almost free.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:43 pm

Teas were a mistake.

Balake

Post by Balake » Fri Nov 10, 2023 8:45 pm

Krotux wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2023 7:32 pm
If we removed all pots and consumables from pvp arena sure but its annoying seeing people regaining a shit ton of resources for free.

I mean, its just OP period. Even if it only restored 600 hp/mana it would still be really good.

The new tea is cheaper than normal potions btw. It's almost free.
If you're concerned about pvp balance (which is completely valid stance to have) it's possible to disable them from battlegrounds and bloodring.

Manletow

Post by Manletow » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:30 pm

Potions are acceptable (albeit annoying) in PVP but I tolerate their existence because they arent free (and the cheap ones are mediocre)
plus they give Alchemists another reason to exist (even as-is its a pretty mediocre profession imo)

Tea With Sugar was (again -- annoying AF) but tolerable because its was PAIN to get them and only try hards bothered to do so.

Nordranaar tea is so easy/cheap to get and gives a huge heal/mana restore it should be used/abused as much as possible.

It's gonna be problematic and this is like the THIRD time T-WoW has patched these items. IDK what they are thinking in regards to these overpowered Teas.
Warrior is awful in PVP.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:44 am

Consumables in arena is another discussion (and should be removed yes)

But even then I think tea with sugar should restore 50% less. Like 600/600 making them less OP compared to the CLASSIC way that healers regained mana, the dark runes and mana potions.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:33 pm

bump - tea is still being abused

Manletow

Post by Manletow » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:34 pm

Its pretty absurd. I have like 50 of them in my bank they are insanely cheap and stack up to 5...
As a hybird I get full benefit from Hp + Mana restore
Just awesome. I pop them constantly they are like tic-tacs
Warrior is awful in PVP.

Queenoona

Post by Queenoona » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:47 pm

If you want to do something about Tea then fully fix Hybrid mana issues, in higher end content even with Shadow Priests in someones group people will still be drinking teas just to stay middle of the pack on DPS.
Tea existing doesn't ruin the game in any way that couldn't be altered it. Remove it from BGs/Arenas but leave it in PvE.
Remove tea and then you'll be setting people on the shit task of farming Dark Runes/Demonic Runes. Yeah no thanks. PvE is much better with tea existing.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:54 pm

Queenoona wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:47 pm
If you want to do something about Tea then fully fix Hybrid mana issues, in higher end content even with Shadow Priests in someones group people will still be drinking teas just to stay middle of the pack on DPS.
Tea existing doesn't ruin the game in any way that couldn't be altered it. Remove it from BGs/Arenas but leave it in PvE.
Remove tea and then you'll be setting people on the shit task of farming Dark Runes/Demonic Runes. Yeah no thanks. PvE is much better with tea existing.
Not removed but they shouldn't be basically free. It's a powerful consumable that you shouldn't be able to just pop every cooldown without any care.
Resource management is a thing in vanilla for a reason.

They also should be worse than dark/demon runes for mana and worse than healthstones for HP.

Queenoona

Post by Queenoona » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:30 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:54 pm

Not removed but they shouldn't be basically free. It's a powerful consumable that you shouldn't be able to just pop every cooldown without any care.
Resource management is a thing in vanilla for a reason.

They also should be worse than dark/demon runes for mana and worse than healthstones for HP.
As long as they exist people are going to pop them on CD unless you make the price so high that they're not viable to actually use. The Hyjal tea was added in to provide another way for players to get them without having to farm contested Owlkin in Winterspring because the server population was so high.

Healthstones need to be able to benefit from the Warlock Healthstone Talent at bare minimum. Additionally as a QoL they should make Healthstones have 3-5 charges so that the warlock doesnt have to make a new Soulwell every fight.

Personally i never want to see Dark Runes/Demonic Runes come back to the forefront as mana consumables. They're awful to farm and for them to become the new best mana consumable would be a step backwards. If they're being brought back both the acquisition and spawn rate would need to be adjusting appropriately.

Mackylol

Post by Mackylol » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:03 pm

Queenoona wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:30 pm
Personally i never want to see Dark Runes/Demonic Runes come back to the forefront as mana consumables. They're awful to farm and for them to become the new best mana consumable would be a step backwards. If they're being brought back both the acquisition and spawn rate would need to be adjusting appropriately.
Farming for the tea gives you dark runes aswell.. so.. win/win/win. The tea is stupidly easy to get and its far and beyond better than any other consumable, obvious nerf needed.

Queenoona

Post by Queenoona » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:09 pm

Mackylol wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:03 pm

Farming for the tea gives you dark runes aswell.. so.. win/win/win. The tea is stupidly easy to get and its far and beyond better than any other consumable, obvious nerf needed.
The Vilemusk Satyr you can farm to get the tea have a 4% chance to drop a Demonic Rune. Understanding drop rates farming these as a solution would be highly disrespectful towards the players time. As you have to kill about 113 Satyr's to have a 99% of having seen one dark rune drop. This is all subject to RNG of course but that's the math that it takes to get as close as possible (to the nearest whole %) of getting ONE guaranteed.

Which is why I say that drop rates would need to be adjusted prior to any changes to be more considerate of player time but less OP than it is now.

Whitewolf76239

Post by Whitewolf76239 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 10:18 pm

Ataika wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:57 am
Manletow wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:47 am

turtle devs never heard of ingame balance
breaking news
Turtle devs have always been pve focused, until now with the opening of their first ever pvp realm.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:29 pm

In PvP or PVE the teas are kind of busted. It removes the need to use any of the original classic items like dark runes.

Even if it was nerfed by 50% it would still be really strong and everyone would use it.

Tekamthi

Post by Tekamthi » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:26 pm

Maybe warlock could be allowed to consume their own cooldown to apply healthstone to someone else

Ataika
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Ataika » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:04 pm

Tekamthi wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:26 pm
Maybe warlock could be allowed to consume their own cooldown to apply healthstone to someone else
Obviously warlock stone should be separated cooldown from tea
Watlock was the unique class with 2x health pots avaliable, now turtle literally removed this

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:32 pm

All this can be fixed by tuning the healing portion down to like 500 or something. Or nixing the heal altogether.

The fact it is tea makes it sound more like a buff drink anyway. Why did some intern at 2004 blizz ever think it made sense... I wonder if there is a more apt, intuitive name+icon for these items that would suggest it being a mana gem.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.