Tel'Abim (PvP) — New EU Realm!

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Tel'Abim (PvP) — New EU Realm!

Post by Torta » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:55 pm

Greetings! Here are some additional details about the upcoming PvP realm Tel'Abim, launching on October 27th!

If you're a new player, here's a list of PvP features that differentiate it from the base Vanilla game (these changes apply to both our PvE and PvP worlds):
  • Blood Ring. A 3v3 arena where you can earn reputation for the Steamwheedle Blood Ring by participating in matches and proving your worth on the bloody sands with awesome PvP rewards.
  • New Battleground: Sunnyglade Valley. This battleground represents one of the largest clashes between the forces of the old Kingdom of Azeroth and the Horde during the First War. Here you will be acting at the behest of the guardian of the timeways, the bronze dragon Vairozdormu, as an agent for the flight in their attempts to uncover the ongoing crisis threatening to alter the very fabric of history and the entirety of the modern world.
  • No De-Ranking: Allowing breaks. While we value the competitiveness of the Vanilla PvP system, we understand that the base system is too punishing for players who can't dedicate large amounts of time without breaks for PvP. As a result, PvP ranks will no longer drop due to decay. Decay will still occur, but your total amount of RP (Rank Points) will never drop below the minimum amount required for your current rank.
  • City Protectors. If the PvP pool is active enough each week, 8 players will be granted the title of "City Protector", assigned to their respective major city. City Protectors will receive in-game mail with the City Protector's Medallion, which allows them to teleport to their homeland with a cooldown of 60 minutes.
  • Increased reputation gains for Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin matches.
  • Old Alterac Valley. Alterac Valley is restored to its original state from early Vanilla, with a few custom additions on top. You can find more information in the patch 1.16.4 changelog: viewtopic.php?t=4442
This realm will feature identical content to our PvE realm. Covering all the Mysteries of Azeroth expansion content, which includes revamped and new items, quests, zones, dungeons, raids, and much more.

If you are already familiar with our expansion features, here's a list of changes that will be different on a PvP realm compared to the PvE realm:

• No leveling challenges: Slow & Steady, Vagrant's Mode, War Mode, and Hardcore Mode do not align well with the brutal reality of PvP realms.
  • No cross-faction play: There will be no chat, grouping, AH, trades, mails, or guilds between factions.
  • Minimum BG requirements will be raised: Warsong Gulch - 8 players, Arathi Basin - 10 players, Alterac Valley - 30 players, and Sunnglade Valley - 14 players.
  • An automatic faction-balancing system will be implemented to prevent one faction from prevailing over the other. The server will automatically restrict character creation for a certain faction when specific conditions are met.
We look forward to seeing you on October 27th! Return to monkey on Tel'Abim PvP!

Note: the PvE realm will also receive its unique name later.

Slashignore

Re: Tel'Abim (PvP) — New EU Realm!

Post by Slashignore » Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:57 pm

what about paladins on horde side. shamans on ally side - still a no no? :)

also could we get a countdown timer here =)
Last edited by Slashignore on Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Namaewa

Post by Namaewa » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:02 pm

so all raids are out at launch? and if so, why?
edit: mb, only read the text satisfied_turtle_head
Last edited by Namaewa on Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Satirical

Post by Satirical » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:04 pm

Namaewa wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:02 pm
Did you even read the picture? It says Naxx and AQ are closed.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:04 pm

Namaewa wrote:
Read the poster
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:04 pm

Torta wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:55 pm
the brutal reality of PvP realms.
Personally, i'm not fond of PvP realms, but i will certainly enjoy the Drama in the forum!
Last edited by Darktifa on Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Takinsur

Post by Takinsur » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:05 pm

Namaewa wrote:

Gladeshadow

Post by Gladeshadow » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:06 pm

Can we lock our experience?

Gorikon

Post by Gorikon » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:08 pm

Why does it matter ?

Speedz1337

Post by Speedz1337 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:11 pm

Are world buffs able to be brought into raids in this new realm?

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:20 pm

Thank you devs for listening about aq/naxx being closed at start AND not starting BGs until mostly full, such great news!

I really appreciate you listening and making these changes as they will make PVP much more fun.

I hope AB and WSG rep rewards are expanded and buffed as well so it's not only BR and wpvp that's popping!
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Ashstache

Post by Ashstache » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:21 pm

Will Emerald Sanctum and Karazhan be open?

Hazred

Post by Hazred » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:30 pm

Please, don't add shamans to ally nor paladins to the horde. They are factional classes for a reason.

I also hope there'll be no world-buffs allowed for raids, that just creates the culture of farming buffs for 3 hours only to be ganked or to wipe on the first trash group.And it's not impossible to run raids without those buffs, just make better compositions, get some better gear, consumables and, please, don't stand in fire.

Bert47

Post by Bert47 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:31 pm

Any further changes to the ranking system besides removing the ability to de-rank? I remember a staff member saying more changes were in the works on discord after the first announcement. Right now battlegrounds are a complete joke due to bots and players purchasing rank 14 services from the chinese studios. Having to compete against your own faction to rank up never made sense anyway.

Hazred

Post by Hazred » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:32 pm

Ashstache wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:21 pm
Will Emerald Sanctum and Karazhan be open?
Yes, only AQ and Naxx will be closed. All custom content will be open from day 1.

Rejectedgalaxy

Post by Rejectedgalaxy » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:09 pm

Crazy they release this realm before nerfing paladins, Incoming 80% alliance

Introligator90

Post by Introligator90 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:19 pm

Some ppl just wont play alliance like..never

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:30 pm

I kinda laughed at the Trailer. Does it mean that PvP-Players are Like Monkeys, throwing bananas at each other? xD

Skullerton

Post by Skullerton » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:51 pm

Are there any efforts or incentives planned for faction balancing? I see problems.

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:54 pm

Edited post, including the following change. This change was planned but initially forgotten to be included in the announcement.
An automatic faction-balancing system will be implemented to prevent one faction from prevailing over the other. The server will automatically restrict character creation for a certain faction when specific conditions are met.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:57 pm

Glad I quit a while ago, so sad to see turtle turn into this fresh pvp rubbish. Couldn't be further away from what made the server good and unique in the first place.

Gonna be a server full of busted paladins... Imagine still not fixing Holy Strike and it's double dipping before releasing this.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:22 pm

Here is hoping it is not the beginning of the end for the Classic Era of Turtle

Ninetyone

Post by Ninetyone » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:30 pm

hypeeeed

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:30 pm

Harkus wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:22 pm
Here is hoping it is not the beginning of the end for the Classic Era of Turtle
Why would that happen?

Ninetyone

Post by Ninetyone » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:31 pm

what about xp rates? normal? and will there be tents?

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:33 pm

No De-Ranking: Allowing breaks.

Maybe it's time to do the same on the main server?

Ninetyone

Post by Ninetyone » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:35 pm

and what about the scaling for mc and bwl?

Dragunovi

Post by Dragunovi » Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:39 pm

Twinking wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 9:33 pm
No De-Ranking: Allowing breaks.

Maybe it's time to do the same on the main server?
Already the case.
Sometimes makes items, feel free to query on Discord for questions!

Fizzler

Post by Fizzler » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:12 pm

There would be better sense of progression if BWL was locked. It promotes a longer duration of progression that is more satisfying.
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60

Bazog

Post by Bazog » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:28 pm

The great Turtle WoW classic+ experience combined with PvP action, I couldn't ask for more.

I have two questions:

-If the Rank Points never drop below the current PvP rank, does it mean you also can't lose rank because of dishonorable kills ? If this is the case it's very good news, it means city raidings will be back like in the early days of wow vanilla.

-Is the honor reward for defeating City leaders multiplied by 1.5 like on the Chinese PvP server ?

Lilithian2

Post by Lilithian2 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 10:42 pm

Will there be AQ opening event so players can obtain scarab lord title?

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:49 pm

This will be a disaster without a class balancing patch to fix all the mistakes implemented over the years.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:13 am

Your server is bad and you should feel bad. ):<

No, but seriously, I have a couple of concerns.
Torta wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:55 pm
  • Old Alterac Valley. Alterac Valley is restored to its original state from early Vanilla, with a few custom additions on top. You can find more information in the patch 1.16.4 changelog: viewtopic.php?t=4442
Why was this decision made? People were very unhappy about "exploitive" behavior in regard to the uneven terrain and "Horde advantage". If you want a balanced PvP realm – which seems to be the case – then why would you revert back to pre-1.10.0 Alterac Valley? I mean, I was against the changes in the first place because this server was supposed to represent "Vanilla WoW", but still. What's the point of having a "soft" Alterac Valley and a "hard" Alterac Valley?

Sidenote, this will also make it physically impossible to have cross-realm Alterac Valley in the future, if the idea gains steam.
  • No leveling challenges: Slow & Steady, Vagrant's Mode, War Mode, and Hardcore Mode do not align well with the brutal reality of PvP realms.
What do you mean, "do not align well"?
  • The leveling rewards from "Slow & Steady" aren't that valuable. PvP doesn't give experience (unless something changed?), either, so that's not a concern.
  • "Vagrant's Mode" doesn't seem like it would be that much of a deterrent to the overall PvP experience. In fact, there should be a tier specifically for "vagrants". I'd love to see people do Battlegrounds purely with Whites and Greys! Hell, I'd probably participate! It might even make Battlegrounds more skill-based.
    As for World PvP? Eh, them's the breaks of playing on a PvP realm.
  • "War Mode" should be the default in a PvP Realm. Nᴏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʀᴜɴ, ɴᴏᴡʜᴇʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜɪᴅᴇ. But, the bonus XP should definitely be removed once players enter Contested Zones.
  • "Hardcore Mode" should remain an option with additional prizes, in my opinion. But, I like to see people suffer, so…
  • Minimum BG requirements will be raised: Warsong Gulch - 8 players, Arathi Basin - 10 players, Alterac Valley - 30 players, and Sunnyglade Valley - 14 players.
… huh? Is that players per side? Why would you do this? Feels like this is just going to discourage low-level play even more than it already is.
  • An automatic faction-balancing system will be implemented to prevent one faction from prevailing over the other. The server will automatically restrict character creation for a certain faction when specific conditions are met.
Okay. The whole "you can't make an Alliance / Horde character right now" thing seems pretty pointless and arbitrary. Like, how does this actually prevent PvP from being one-sided? You'd have to stop PvP-oriented guilds from jumping into PvP and the like to somewhat balance things – but even then, there's always going to be a natural imbalance that comes from skill or lack thereof. And then, there are probably going to be people who make "dummy accounts" to either lock or unlock one side or the other… But, you do you, Boo~
Last edited by Jolikmc on Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:53 am

Slashignore wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:57 pm
what about paladins on horde side. shamans on ally side - still a no no? :)

also could we get a countdown timer here =)
undead DK(paladin) and Dwarf(wildhammer) shaman when?

Beard

Post by Beard » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:51 am

What time does it release that day??