Status update, your concerns, and the future

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Status update, your concerns, and the future

Post by Torta » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:25 am

Responding to your concerns, greetings!

We have noticed several threads asking if we read our own forum, and I want to assure you that we do indeed read our own forums.

I understand that it can be frustrating when developers don't respond immediately, but please know that our silence does not stem from a lack of willingness to address your concerns. We are simply busy dealing with the unexpected and complex challenges of expanding our project to the East. While it may feel like an eternity for you, it has been one long and tiring day for us.

I would like to address some of the claims that seem to be causing the most worry among the English-speaking community:
  • The new EU realm will further divide the English-speaking community.
We are closely monitoring the feedback provided on forums, Discord, and in-game. It is a controversial topic, but please be assured that we are reading and listening to everyone.
  • You have abandoned us.
This is not true. We are just as frustrated by these claims as you are by sitting in a logon queue. The health of our main server is our top priority, as it serves as our main source of motivation to continue developing. Every writer, developer, and contributor actually plays in their own content. If we are not responding, it is likely because we are trying to solve technical or operational difficulties we encounter along the way.
  • The new patch will never be released at this rate
The release date for the patch will be announced within the next two days. To distribute the update to such a large number of players, we will require additional hardware infrastructure, which we hope to set up soon.
  • We need a Hardcore-only server!
We are against this idea because we believe that the current design of integrating Hardcore players back into the raiding community upon reaching level 60 is the best approach. For those who want to play Hardcore after reaching level 60, there is an Inferno Mode. Having a Hardcore-only server with the option to transfer leveled characters back to the main server would result in many alienated players who have no background in the community they have just joined.
  • You have given up on enforcing a regional split on your services, making you lazy developers.
That is not correct. We are doing our best to proceed with the initial plan for transfers. However, we cannot force transfers on overcrowded realms, which is why we are currently installing a third SEA realm. If necessary, we will add a fourth realm until there is enough room to accommodate everyone. Despite claims that there is an infinite number of players to fill up all realms, I assure you that is not the case. Please keep in mind that newly opened realms always attract a slightly higher number of players, and we expect the population to naturally decrease in the coming weeks.
  • Ban all Hanzi symbols now.
The support for Hanzi symbols will be removed as soon as Chinese players have the option to transfer out.
  • Just ban all the Chinese.
Turtle WoW will always strive to provide a comfortable experience for everyone, and never at cost of the others.

While it may take some time, we ask for your patience and understanding as we complete our expansion.

Our project has been online for 5 years, and I believe we have consistently shown that we prioritize the community above all else. Things may seem grave to you, but we are not an evil corporate entity. Thank you.

Mac

Re: Status update, your concerns, and the future.

Post by Mac » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:35 am

Torta wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:25 am
Turtle WoW will always strive to provide a comfortable experience for everyone, and never at cost of the others.
You can't please everyone, nor should you seek to, because then you won't please anyone, least of all yourself.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:36 am

Mac wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:35 am
You can't please everyone, nor should you seek to, because then you won't please anyone, least of all yourself.
By making this statement, you set a very low standard (both in terms of operational efficiency and basic human decency), with which we strongly disagree.

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:38 am

Torta wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:36 am
Mac wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:35 am
By making this statement, you set a very low standard (both in terms of operational efficiency and basic human decency), with which we strongly disagree.
Well, good luck.

Whg

Post by Whg » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:40 am

I think GM is doing very well, it is not their problem, they have paid a lot, it is you who do not donate, and can not give any help here BALABALA, have the ability to buy a server to donate ah! I have always been very supportive and believe in GM's work and believe that they will be able to solve it

Sadsuke

Post by Sadsuke » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:43 am

thanks for all! is the best private server i play all of my life

Mynamewastaken

Post by Mynamewastaken » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:43 am

Thanks for the clarification!

Charanko
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Charanko » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:44 am

Torta wrote:

We have noticed several threads asking if we read our own forum, and I want to assure you that we do indeed read our own forums.

I understand that it can be frustrating when developers don't respond immediately, but please know that our silence does not stem from a lack of willingness to address your concerns. We are simply busy dealing with the unexpected and complex challenges of expanding our project to the East. While it may feel like an eternity for you, it has been one long and tiring day for us.

I would like to address some of the claims that seem to be causing the most worry among the English-speaking community:
We are closely monitoring the feedback provided on forums, Discord, and in-game. It is a controversial topic, but please be assured that we are reading and listening to everyone.
  • You have abandoned us.
This is not true. We are just as frustrated by these claims as you are by sitting in a logon queue. The health of our main server is our top priority, as it serves as our main source of motivation to continue developing. Every writer, developer, and contributor actually plays in their own content. If we are not responding, it is likely because we are trying to solve technical or operational difficulties we encounter along the way.
  • The new patch will never be released at this rate
The release date for the patch will be announced within the next two days. To distribute the update to such a large number of players, we will require additional hardware infrastructure, which we hope to set up soon.
We are against this idea because we believe that the current design of integrating Hardcore players back into the raiding community upon reaching level 60 is the best approach. For those who want to play Hardcore after reaching level 60, there is an Inferno Mode. Having a Hardcore-only server with the option to transfer leveled characters back to the main server would result in many alienated players who have no background in the community they have just joined.
  • You have given up on enforcing a regional split on your services, making you lazy developers.
That is not correct. We are doing our best to proceed with the initial plan for transfers. However, we cannot force transfers on overcrowded realms, which is why we are currently installing a third SEA realm. If necessary, we will add a fourth realm until there is enough room to accommodate everyone. Despite claims that there is an infinite number of players to fill up all realms, I assure you that is not the case. Please keep in mind that newly opened realms always attract a slightly higher number of players, and we expect the population to naturally decrease in the coming weeks.
  • Ban all Hanzi symbols now.
The support for Hanzi symbols will be removed as soon as Chinese players have the option to transfer out.
  • Just ban all the Chinese.

While it may take some time, we ask for your patience and understanding as we complete our expansion.

Our project has been online for 5 years, and I believe we have consistently shown that we prioritize the community above all else. Things may seem grave to you, but we are not an evil corporate entity. Thank you.
ok so no hc server, no problem... can we at least get the second server to be pvp <3 ...cheers satisfied_turtle_head
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:47 am

I really dont understand your point on thr HC server. Softcore and hardcore players are COMPETING with each other, there is no play-together. You either play with hcs or scs, there is 0 background of the characters even at this point.
Furthermore i assume this means the new eu server is NOT gonna be a HC server... So yeah gg its over. You have already increased the queue on "both" EU servers with this step. If its a pvp realm expect thousands and thousands of new people.

Thecakeisalie

Post by Thecakeisalie » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:49 am

Torta wrote:
This doesn't say much, as it stands now won't the new EU server be flooded by Chinese players as they will pick it due to low queue times, how will the Turtle Team address that?
Last edited by Thecakeisalie on Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:50 am

Isvya wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:47 am
I really dont understand your point on thr HC server. Softcore and hardcore players are COMPETING with each other, there is no play-together. You either play with hcs or scs, there is 0 background of the characters even at this point.
Furthermore i assume this means the new eu server is NOT gonna be a HC server... So yeah gg its over. You have already increased the queue on "both" EU servers with this step. If its a pvp realm expect thousands and thousands of new people.
Our main goal is to stabilize the main realm. We will not deliberately take any actions that will worsen the current situation.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:53 am

Thecakeisalie wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:49 am
This doesn't say much, as it stands now won't the new EU server be flooded by Chinese players as they will pick it due to low queues times, how will the Turtle Team address that?
Our goal is to provide a comfortable experience for Chinese players on the SEA realms, that run on a separate infrastructure from the European services. Both EU realm (if the second realm isn't canceled due to lack of demand), will not have any support for Hanzi, nor the non-English speaking support (which is currently being provided on SEA realms).

Bahamutxd

Post by Bahamutxd » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:54 am

Thanks for being open about the issue and the constant updates.

Czyyyyyyy

Post by Czyyyyyyy » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:54 am

I'm from China and the European servers are having trouble because of us. Sorry... Although we are also troubled by endless queues, I am still full of hope for this WOW private server. I thank the team for their dedication to the server and hope that the new server will be online as soon as possible.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:55 am

Isvya wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:47 am
To resolve this, we did consider to phase out HC players in the earlier stage of their game play, let's say for the first 1-20 levels, but it is a very distant plan at the moment.

Wy446510487

Post by Wy446510487 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:57 am

Can I ban transferring characters in the new sub server domain? I am a Chinese game player and I really like this server. However, I hope that the new sub server domain can be banned because there are two zones that can be transferred.

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:57 am

Czyyyyyyy wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:54 am
I'm from China and the European servers are having trouble because of us. Sorry... Although we are also troubled by endless queues, I am still full of hope for this WOW private server. I thank the team for their dedication to the server and hope that the new server will be online as soon as possible.
There’s no need to apologize. You are just trying to play a video game just like everyone else. But thank you.

Gnomoerectus

Post by Gnomoerectus » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:58 am

Torta wrote:
That's a corporate canned response if I've ever seen one.

Wy446510487

Post by Wy446510487 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:59 am

I hope the new Asian server can be a brand new one and prohibit transfer of level 60 accounts.

Jaccob

Post by Jaccob » Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:59 am

Calling it right now, we will end up with HC only realm, as with most things the development of Turtle has gone the full corporate dev circle now:

Community asks for something -> devs refuse cuz they simply know better (blizz mindset)
Community keeps asking for 6+ months -> devs finally agree

Class changes/removal of wbuffs/debuff limit/literally any change to the core vanilla gameplay are the prime examples of this

Thecakeisalie

Post by Thecakeisalie » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:01 am

Torta wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:53 am
Thecakeisalie wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:49 am
This doesn't say much, as it stands now won't the new EU server be flooded by Chinese players as they will pick it due to low queues times, how will the Turtle Team address that?
Our goal is to provide a comfortable experience for Chinese players on the SEA realms, that run on a separate infrastructure from the European services. Both EU realm (if the second realm isn't canceled due to lack of demand), will not have any support for Hanzi, nor the non-English speaking support (which is currently being provided on SEA realms).
Thank you for your reply.

We appreciate these kind of posts, there has been a lot of uncertainty due to the lack of communication.

Hctwowfan

Post by Hctwowfan » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:02 am

Torta wrote:

[...]

[...]
Appreciate it.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Libbi Hazaru Lenymo Oronil

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:03 am

Thank so much for the clarifications! The transparency and close communication is welcomed. I'm still a believer in your team and the project but you have to admit some of your latest decisions were confusing and left us with a sour taste. If the whole point of new SEA servers was to decrease queue in main realm and stabilize the population, why weren't all servers lock-downed for a few days at least, prioritizing transfers first, and opening for new accounts only after? Can you perhaps address the reasoning behind this decision? Thank you

Hydroponix

Post by Hydroponix » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:04 am

Why no region locking?

Speedz1337

Post by Speedz1337 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:06 am

Torta did nothing wrong. I fucking love turtle wow. Turtle wow forever ♡.

Keina

Post by Keina » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:11 am

Hello and thank you for responding to the community. I've often thought that in these turbulent times there's been a surprising lack of regular updates so this is great to see.
Torta wrote:
As a player who's only ever been on TWoW for its HC community, I think this is surprisingly short-sighted. I don't want to write an essay on this but short version, the current state of mixing HC+non-HC creates so much division and resentment, especially in the non-HC community, creates unnecessary competition for mobs, quests etc that could otherwise be shared, and so on.

A HC-only server would see much more cohesive camaraderie and interesting community dynamics (bad behaviour would be taken quite seriously for example).

Further, I think the mentality that HC is a temporary journey to 60, and Inferno is the "Extra" version of it, is mistaken and a HC-only server should be purely HC-only forever with no way to end your HC status, even at 60. I think that's the correct atmosphere and attitude for HC, and although I'm glad the "holiday" option exists for the many players who wish to try it but don't wish to remain HC at 60, I don't see how the current state of affairs is any different to your suggestion that level 60 transfers from HC-only server to regular server "would result in many alienated players who have no background in the community they have just joined."

If someone just spent months leveling to 60 HC, in the vast majority of circumstances they already have very few links to the non-HC community, so I don't see how that's very different, outside of the few long-time players who have 20 characters on 6 accounts etc.

I agree that implementing this is challenging because, how do you move all the current HC players over? Or if not move them, how do you phase out HC from the main server? I agree these are challenges that would need to be overcome but I'm confident that reasonable long-term solutions are available.

I'm sure this is already decided and won't be changed now, but still, I'm quite disappointed to hear there'll be no HC-only server and think it's a mistake, so I hope you'll consider the points I've raised.

Thanks again for your diligence in these busy and challenging times.

Xerilin
Has liked: 14 times

Post by Xerilin » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:12 am

Thank you for the Update, Torta!

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:15 am

Keina wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:11 am
Hello and thank you for responding to the community. I've often thought that in these turbulent times there's been a surprising lack of regular updates so this is great to see.
Torta wrote:
We are against this idea because we believe that the current design of .....
+1

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:16 am

Keina wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:11 am

[…] I don't see how the current state of affairs is any different to your suggestion that level 60 transfers from HC-only server to regular server "would result in many alienated players who have no background in the community they have just joined."

If someone just spent months leveling to 60 HC, in the vast majority of circumstances they already have very few links to the non-HC community, so I don't see how that's very different […]
Well said. This has been obvious for quite a while, and the more populated the server is, the worse the split between HC and NHC.

Satirical

Post by Satirical » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:19 am

Appreciate the update. I know there are a bunch of loud voices (including myself) that hate the situation, but I don't envy the position you guys are in. I believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel for all this but don't let this burn you out.

When the pop finally stabilizes all will be well and I think that's what most of us want.

Cogei003

Post by Cogei003 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:19 am

看到了你们的努力,我希望有个全新的服务器,任何账号都不能转入,这样既能能缓解服务器的压力,又让新人有努力的动力。

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:47 am

Please no second Europe server. The whole philosophy behind Turtle was One Server One Home!

Bnrcorpsman

Post by Bnrcorpsman » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:54 am

I would like to say keep up with the progress, like most things on this scale its very demanding and takes time. We do appreciate what you have gifted to us. The server is awesome and exciting. On a side note, would like to see the option to be able to race change whether it be faction only or not through donation.

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:13 pm

Torta wrote:

In other words nothing will be done to improve current conditions, further angering EU/NA members who have helped build the project to what it is today... all to cater to the influx of new Chinese players... So much for "never at the cost of others"

a second EU server is a joke.

Releasing any expansion under these conditions is simply adding gas to the fire.

We understand everyone at Twow is working hard, but we have been more than patient the past weeks.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:24 pm

All these idiots wanting fresh will blaze through the content rush the leveling process and then cry for another fresh, that's not what this servers about, so god knows why they're doing a new Europe server with no transfers... Just shotting your self in foot attracting MORE NEW PLAYERS