Return old Tents

Darbo

Return old Tents

Post by Darbo » Sun May 07, 2023 3:23 pm

Old tents felt better because there were certain spots were people would gather for them. It felt nice. Now with the new change there are way less of them around cause people are just using it for themselves.

I go to xroads regularly to place one but not many people do anymore.

Boras

Re: Return old Tents

Post by Boras » Sun May 07, 2023 3:26 pm

Darbo wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 3:23 pm
Old tents felt better because there were certain spots were people would gather for them. It felt nice. Now with the new change there are way less of them around cause people are just using it for themselves.

I go to xroads regularly to place one but not many people do anymore.
I do feel like there is a nice community aspect to the old tents. I’m not leveling anymore but I used to enjoy hearthing to gold shire and shooting the shit with people. Also the occasional warlock or mage trying to kill people with blizzard or rain of fire was always fun.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sun May 07, 2023 5:15 pm

Did I miss the notice? What happened to tents?

Darbo

Post by Darbo » Sun May 07, 2023 8:46 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 5:15 pm
Did I miss the notice? What happened to tents?
tldk they give rested XP faster but they no longer stack and run out faster. So now they better anywhere instead in group like Crossroads and Goldshire. I cant make tent skyscrapers anymore.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sun May 07, 2023 9:09 pm

Sounds like a good change, tent stacking was cringe and immersion breaking.

Boras

Post by Boras » Sun May 07, 2023 9:39 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 9:09 pm
you're cringe and immersion breaking

Hamalam

Post by Hamalam » Sun May 07, 2023 9:44 pm

Old tents were fun indeed, let's hope for a return
Greetings from Ham(da)(the)... (warr) (getter) (etc..)

GIT GUD

Sinrek
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Sinrek » Sun May 07, 2023 10:14 pm

Boras wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 9:39 pm
Gantulga wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 9:09 pm
you're cringe and immersion breaking
Hahahh! You lost. turtle_tongue
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Mon May 08, 2023 6:37 am

20+ Players standing around afk = community aspect? what? xD
I'm glad they changed it. As was already stated: it's immersion breaking. And overall: as far as i know, tents were always meant to be used everwhere in the world and not just in one or two spots.

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Mon May 08, 2023 8:06 am

This is a great reflection of society. People asked for new tents, now they ask for the old ones.

The way to solve this is to make tents have a lower rested xp rate and make places like inns have the maxium. That way, people can get their rested exp in the wilderness while allowing for some pooling (even if cringe, which it was) in some towns.

Subarashi4

Post by Subarashi4 » Mon May 08, 2023 8:20 am

No, it's not that people asked for new tents, but now want the old ones. It's that some people wanted the tents changed, others wanted them to stay.
In the end, the devs have to choose which crowd to please. Personally I like the new ones better. Now I can just drop a random tent in the middle of nowhere while taking a break, and I will find a couple of people joining me to chill. I would actually love it if campfire also gave a stacking bonus to a stat like the tents do.
It makes adventuring so much more cozy when you can chill like that with friends in the middle of nowhere.

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Mon May 08, 2023 8:50 am

Old tents were good because of point of interest for multiple people.
I think if devs implement suggesions regarding inns, it would suit both worlds.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Andima

Post by Andima » Mon May 08, 2023 10:32 am

May you please explain me (or link to) how do new tents work?

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Mon May 08, 2023 10:40 am

Xudo wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 8:50 am
Old tents were good because of point of interest for multiple people.
I think if devs implement suggesions regarding inns, it would suit both worlds.
Yes 100%! If people are interested, there are at least three good threads (here, here and here) which gave really good suggestions about building interactive rested buffs at taverns - give them a bump if you're interested; I love these ideas so I end up compiling all the posts together.

I especially love some of Xudo's ideas:
Xudo wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:37 pm
Whole thing of tents placed right outside of the inn looks weird. Like bunch of bums are not allowed to enter and they camp around. Thats why I like the idea of "buffing" taverns, but turning tents in doesn't sound like good idea. Tents are meant for "survival" in the wild.

I think that any player should be able to buff tavern, not only the ones skilled with specific profession. I think players could donate cloth to innkeeper for tavern buff. Other options are:
- cooked meat or fish. Low level fish are mostly useless. It doesn't have any buff.
- lumber gathered from firewood bindings similar to chests scattered in world near trees
- gardening stuff
- hops. there should be an easy way for Horde to gather this things in Barrens

Playing Piccolo of the Flaming Fire could also increase rested xp gain and in the same time look like taverncraft.
Music boxes introduced in Turtle could also work that way Music: Winds of Kamio does
Xudo wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:17 am
If being drunk, having "well fed" buff and dancing by someones play will be equal to 4 tents buff, then taverns will actually be filled with life
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Mon May 08, 2023 10:55 am

Syrathegreat wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:40 am
Xudo wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 8:50 am
Yeah, I liked that suggestion too.
Here, a few more posts on that topic:

viewtopic.php?p=27411#p27411
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4074&p=24891
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3757

Spoing

Post by Spoing » Mon May 08, 2023 9:01 pm

The old tents didnt really feel like social gatherings to me. People would just go there and AFK while the rested bonus was charging. And because its faster to run to goldshire and rest in stacked tents. camping out in the wilderness alone wasnt worth it. Now, if youre low level or cheap, you can still go to goldshire since plenty of people drop a tent there, but if you have your own you can use it at a convenient spot.
And because you just need one of them, people can drop them at different towns. So you have spontaneous gatherings in auberine or theramore because someone dropped a tent there. Or people chill in front of a dungeon while the rest is still traveling.

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Wed May 10, 2023 3:47 am

New tents are still gathering point in Crossroads. There are like 20 people there at 15:45 Kalimdor Time. No need to return stacking mechanic.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Geojak
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Geojak » Wed May 10, 2023 9:49 am

the only good argument for old tents i can think of is, is that now its way harder to aoe bomb a bunch of low levels afking and bunched up for easy kill conveniece. how are we gonna grieve like we could in the past, so sad /s

Chronoslicer

Post by Chronoslicer » Wed May 10, 2023 1:50 pm

I'm a big inn xp buff advocate, I feel like once players are asking a bot for tents in the world chat, there is a gameplay/rp design issue.

Take this scenario for an example

You are a player questing, your bags are getting full, your armor is worn out, you want to take a break, etc. You have to vendor your goods and repair anyway, but you contemplate whether to head to goldshire/xroads for a split second, subconsciously or consciously, in the hopes of finding a tent. Maybe I'm an absolute fiend, but I have done that plenty of times. Some will make their way to a tent Hotspot and hope to not get disappointed, some will ask a bot in world chat (that only works for goldshire) if there is a tent there.

In my opinion this shouldn't have to happen, but it is a cultivated player behavior and encouraged with the game mechanics.

Imagine walking/driving to the next town over in the hopes that you can hang out in a transient's tent with a bunch of other loonies waiting instead of traveling to your nearest rest area, a.k.a an inn/hotel/restaurant etc. It's dramatic for me to say this, but it's madness!

As awesome and beautiful for rp some of the suggestions here are, I feel as though just a flat rested xp increase to all inns is less prone to dev error/bugs, and will prevent a huge swarm of players begging for an inn buff like they beg for tents. Please offer your criticisms, it's very interesting to see what people think!

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Wed May 10, 2023 8:09 pm

Chronoslicer wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:50 pm
I'm a big inn xp buff advocate, I feel like once players are asking a bot for tents in the world chat, there is a gameplay/rp design issue.

You are a player questing, your bags are getting full, your armor is worn out, you want to take a break, etc. You have to vendor your goods and repair anyway, but you contemplate whether to head to goldshire/xroads for a split second, subconsciously or consciously, in the hopes of finding a tent. Maybe I'm an absolute fiend, but I have done that plenty of times. Some will make their way to a tent Hotspot and hope to not get disappointed, some will ask a bot in world chat (that only works for goldshire) if there is a tent there.

In my opinion this shouldn't have to happen, but it is a cultivated player behavior and encouraged with the game mechanics.

Imagine walking/driving to the next town over in the hopes that you can hang out in a transient's tent with a bunch of other loonies waiting instead of traveling to your nearest rest area, a.k.a an inn/hotel/restaurant etc. It's dramatic for me to say this, but it's madness!

As awesome and beautiful for rp some of the suggestions here are, I feel as though just a flat rested xp increase to all inns is less prone to dev error/bugs, and will prevent a huge swarm of players begging for an inn buff like they beg for tents. Please offer your criticisms, it's very interesting to see what people think!
+1
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Xero

Post by Xero » Thu May 11, 2023 1:46 am

Chronoslicer wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:50 pm

+2

From a HC point of view, we would all be better off hanging around in the closest inn, because then we'll be with people at a similar level, making it easier to trade. If you have to go back to Goldshire / XRoads, then the level range is too large for trading to occur.

Selivanyro

Post by Selivanyro » Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:17 am

Tents were soooo entertaining... now GS and XR are a pity sight
Undo change please )

Samsara

Post by Samsara » Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:39 am

Just get creative with the stacking

I am in favor of better inn rested xp for rp immersion and convenience, and as other mentioned its also better for HC leveling. Tents stacking was quirky but it's not a make or break feature of what makes Turtle WoW Turtle WoW imo. I just wish they didn't remove the faction graphics out of them, the horde tents still look cool but the ally ones are bland and boring visually. Also too low hanging for comfortable camera panning while underneath. I might finally give survival a go now that tents are useful in the wild and I will enjoy using inns for their true purpose as far as lore goes.

Selivanyro

Post by Selivanyro » Fri Jul 07, 2023 9:12 am

Devs everytime you simplify feautures you kill game and makes it more stupid and less interesting.