Buff Inn Rested XP to Match Tents

Chronoslicer

Buff Inn Rested XP to Match Tents

Post by Chronoslicer » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:06 pm

I think a buff to inn xp would be overall beneficial to the game, considering that tents exist. Inns should be a gathering place in each zone, and although many would simply afk in the inns, as they do under the tents, i think it would be a good place for people to naturally meet, for hc players to trade/barter, and would provide a net boost in immersion, if that is important to you! imo,it feels silly that there is a dogpile of people under a tent right outside the door of a perfectly good inn !

Let me know your thoughts if you have any.

Gantulga

Re: Buff Inn Rested XP to Match Tents

Post by Gantulga » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:16 pm

I'd rather have tents changed radically. Inns are fine as they are, tents are not.

It makes no sense to have practically doubled leveling speed on a supposedly x1 server.

Rat2156

Post by Rat2156 » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:18 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:16 pm
I'd rather have tents changed radically. Inns are fine as they are, tents are not.

It makes no sense to have practically doubled leveling speed on a supposedly x1 server.
Yeah, tents need a complete rework, or a straight removal

Chronoslicer

Post by Chronoslicer » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:44 pm

Gantulga wrote:

What would you suggest?

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:44 pm

There really good suggestions here and here which talked about building interactive rested buffs at taverns, rather than just tents.

I imagine turtle focuses on tents because it's something they implemented themselves so it's "their baby" so to speak.
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:30 pm

Rat2156 wrote:
Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:18 pm
Gantulga wrote:

Yeah, tents need a complete rework, or a straight removal
2+, should just go back to its original rested speed at least and only allow 1 tent at a time.
Its really too much rested xp, the inn stuff of the lady elf above me is pretty good.
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.

Luke

Post by Luke » Sun Apr 23, 2023 1:40 pm

Hard agree, the survival profession overall is useless and having tents replace the function of inns is just nonsense. Inns were always meant to be hubs for players to take a break and socialize with others. Anyone who played on any other decently populated vanilla server knows how busy some inns would get. You'd have people cooking at the fireplace, other people eRPing in the rooms upstairs, some people would just sit at the bar and so on. I don't understand who on earth thought it would be a good idea to replace inns with tents (moreover on an RP realm). Tents should only be used when the player is somewhere outside in the world and they want to rest for some time. Put down a tent, go AFK and get rested XP (but significantly less than you would get from resting at an inn) and then continue your journey.

Chronoslicer

Post by Chronoslicer » Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:16 pm

If i could throw an idea, no clue how it would be implemented,

but perhaps an innkeeper dialogue option to "Buy everyone a round, on me." that would increase rested xp bonus for an hour or so, in exchange for a reasonable amount of silver/gold, and maybe a moderate rep increase in exchange for doing it

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:47 pm

I'm a big fan of Xudo's idea from one of the other posts:
Xudo wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 3:37 pm
Whole thing of tents placed right outside of the inn looks weird. Like bunch of bums are not allowed to enter and they camp around. Thats why I like the idea of "buffing" taverns, but turning tents in doesn't sound like good idea. Tents are meant for "survival" in the wild.

I think that any player should be able to buff tavern, not only the ones skilled with specific profession. I think players could donate cloth to innkeeper for tavern buff. Other options are:
- cooked meat or fish. Low level fish are mostly useless. It doesn't have any buff.
- lumber gathered from firewood bindings similar to chests scattered in world near trees
- gardening stuff
- hops. there should be an easy way for Horde to gather this things in Barrens

Playing Piccolo of the Flaming Fire could also increase rested xp gain and in the same time look like taverncraft.
Music boxes introduced in Turtle could also work that way Music: Winds of Kamio does
Edit: Actually come to think of it it could be fun to have some sort of tavern minigame system haha. Xudo also mentioned this:
Xudo wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 7:17 am
If being drunk, having "well fed" buff and dancing by someones play will be equal to 4 tents buff, then taverns will actually be filled with life
Plus I think it would be cool if we had boss drops we could hand in for like mini world buffs and the innkeeper would be like "Three cheers for Syra, returning from a successful adventure with loot and glory a-plenty!"
A pipe dream I'm sure but would be fun turtle_in_love
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:46 pm

mhm +1. tents should be "hey i want an inn, but like, out here"

Tents should never have reason to be used in towns, where civilization exits right the hell there lmao.

Major rpg feel break that turtle's had for a long time.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.