60 Boost

Mikeloss

Re: 60 Boost

Post by Mikeloss » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:58 pm

Ok I guess it is enough of my filosophical talk. Some people do not seems to get it or just simple ignore it as some Isoteric crap.
Like some people already mentioned, the name of server implies the meaning of its creation. This is not about climbing a ladder to the top to become the number one anything. Best Raiding guild, best PvP guild, best whatever. This is about working together and sharing experiences along the way. This about letting people know there is another side to World of Warcraft, a side where there is meaning to "live" in Azeroth.
All that "crap" aside who here has effectively completed ALL possible quests in the game? Who has effectively not only learned all the recipies from all professions but actually USED all the items it grants and echantments it grants? Who here has ever experienced a Role-playing event that lasted for as many hours as a RAID? Who here has ever came out of their own buts to actually give something of value to other players which are not items or enchantments?

Boost to 60? How about we give you all the best items from beginning on plus level 60 and your own nich realm where you can just be the best for a couple months and hop to the next server?

This might sound like and be a huge rant. But tailoring to everyones needs is what destroys communities. That is the reason humans form communities. You find the one you like and contribute to its ideals (which are also your owns or else you would have not choosen it in the first place) or you find a community that fits you.

My first post on this topic was meant to show people coming from other communities that there are other ways to play the game.

With all that said,

Big Love turtle_tongue
Maelm the Forest Ranger
"What I have learned from the elves in my youth is what I do for a living. If no one protects us then who will..."

Furinkazan

Post by Furinkazan » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:22 pm

Tedris wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:46 pm
Make Warmode loose its 30% XP gain, and introduce a PVP-item gift you get every 10 levels you leveled with warmode(similiar to slow & steady) and/or give a title "Warmonger" if leveld 1-60 in that mode.
At the same time introduce a bonus for honorable kills like "Increases experienced gained from all sources by 2% for 10 mins (stacks up to 10 times)." and introduce a debuff for dishonorable kills to be the same but as a reduction of 2% for 10 mins).
This is actually a pretty good suggestion, you might be on to something here.

Allwynd01
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:24 am

Tedris wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:01 am

If you really play endgame it has far more potential playtime than leveling playtime.

And why did they change it back to x1 xp, made huge amount of rested xp a thing and introduced even warmode? Because they wanted to appeal to a broader audience and not be the 150 player niche server that will be dead in no time.
If I'm not interested in running dungeons or preparing for 30+ minutes for a raid, there is no potential playtime for me. When I reach level 60 I will either quit or start a new character, reach level 60 and repeat.

How do you know why they changed the XP rates? I'm assuming by your post count and registration date that you are quite new here. I'm not saying it's bad, but you can't possibly know what has happened 2-3 years ago on this server if you haven't played it. I've been on this server since 2018 and the changes to XP were made, because players asked for them. There was a majority that wanted normal XP rates and only a very small minority that wanted halved XP rates.

Tedris

Post by Tedris » Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:20 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:24 am
Tedris wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:01 am

If you really play endgame it has far more potential playtime than leveling playtime.

And why did they change it back to x1 xp, made huge amount of rested xp a thing and introduced even warmode? Because they wanted to appeal to a broader audience and not be the 150 player niche server that will be dead in no time.
If I'm not interested in running dungeons or preparing for 30+ minutes for a raid, there is no potential playtime for me. When I reach level 60 I will either quit or start a new character, reach level 60 and repeat.
Thats exactly the same as the other way around for other people, who dont enjoy leveling and focus on endgame, for them their game starts at 60. Im not saying the one or the other way is the way to go, im just pointing out that both paths exist and both bring people joy, there is no need to argue about that.
Allwynd01 wrote:
How do you know why they changed the XP rates? I'm assuming by your post count and registration date that you are quite new here. I'm not saying it's bad, but you can't possibly know what has happened 2-3 years ago on this server if you haven't played it. I've been on this server since 2018 and the changes to XP were made, because players asked for them.
Mainly because i can read numbers and forum posts.
Allwynd01 wrote:
There was a majority that wanted normal XP rates and only a very small minority that wanted halved XP rates.
Wait what? I thought the whole spirit, soul and whatnot are about taking it slow here, and that the people who want to have a faster leveling experience should go on another server? Hmmm...odd isnt it?

All jokes beside, this perfectly goes with what i wrote about it. Making leveling more bearable automatically appeals to more people, since most of the guys (new players or old vanilla ones) want a decently paced leveling experience.

The one problem i have with the current xp gaining is, the pure grinding and tapleveling is soooo much more powerful than questing, i just want to see it a bit more balanced out, the only way to achieve that is to increase xp gain from quests a bit.

Mikeloss

Post by Mikeloss » Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:00 pm

I see where Tedris is coming from. I agree with your last point, that "...pure grinding and tapleveling is soooo much more powerful than questing, i just want to see it a bit more balanced out...".
There is only one solution to this. The community has to help! We as community need to step in and develop more meaningful quests that Developers could add to the game. I am by no account an example here I have never wrote a quest or do I know about the tools which might help do so. But this should be the long term solution. We can make the Vanilla leveling experience feel more complete if we have more quests. This of course is hard due to the limitations of the Game Engine, which do not allow for much. It is either kill this, collect that, travel there. This is where it actually gets hard.
New quests bring a renewed feeling to the game and a compeling reason to try them out. One way to do it is to focus on areas which are hardly visited for questing (I will refrain from naming them here because I think many know which ones I am talking about.), the areas could be refreshed/rebooted and be given more meaning, ultimately making them more appealing and memorable.

Actually, I will try to find some more clues on this and post any valuable information I might find regarding making additional quests. If any moderators read this, if you know something please point us in the right direction!

Big love turtle_tongue
Maelm the Forest Ranger
"What I have learned from the elves in my youth is what I do for a living. If no one protects us then who will..."

Tedris

Post by Tedris » Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:22 am

Mikeloss wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:00 pm
I see where Tedris is coming from. I agree with your last point, that "...pure grinding and tapleveling is soooo much more powerful than questing, i just want to see it a bit more balanced out...".
There is only one solution to this. The community has to help! We as community need to step in and develop more meaningful quests that Developers could add to the game. I am by no account an example here I have never wrote a quest or do I know about the tools which might help do so. But this should be the long term solution. We can make the Vanilla leveling experience feel more complete if we have more quests. This of course is hard due to the limitations of the Game Engine, which do not allow for much. It is either kill this, collect that, travel there. This is where it actually gets hard.
New quests bring a renewed feeling to the game and a compeling reason to try them out. One way to do it is to focus on areas which are hardly visited for questing (I will refrain from naming them here because I think many know which ones I am talking about.), the areas could be refreshed/rebooted and be given more meaning, ultimately making them more appealing and memorable.

Actually, I will try to find some more clues on this and post any valuable information I might find regarding making additional quests. If any moderators read this, if you know something please point us in the right direction!

Big love turtle_tongue
I generally agree with you on that, more quests -> better and more fresh experience overall.
But simply adding more quests wont shift the balance questing <-> grinding at all. Often the quests are just as repetitive as grinding but take much longer, hence the inefficiency.

New quests cant have the same
"kill 30 of them ->ok kill 15 / 5 /5 of the other guys u were just at before -> ok can i have 20 of [Insert random non meaningful Questitem here] please? -> great now bring me the head of the dude u were just fighting at effectively meaning u have to clear all the way again. -> ok here is your green Reward item which gets obsolete in 1 level, kkthxbye"
logic as the large amount of quests there is.

I always thought the class quests are exciting, refreshing, and often with some real rewards. But, they very often (speaking about quests that arent really mandatory to complete) are just underwhelming in terms of experience gained.

Why would a simple "kill those 20 generic mobs" yield the same experience as a really nice, but lengthy quest where you have to travel to several dungeons, gathering different kind of materials and walking to different zones all over the world? Even worse, just killing 20 mobs without turning in any quests at all in half of the time at a better spot, will outperform both questing situations mentioned above.

I am all here for more, custom made quests, but then they have to not follow the same old, loot that kill that pattern. I would rather do 2 big, heavy, complex, difficult quests per hour with great meaningful reward, than 10 per hour yielding the same experience gain. This way you dont just feel like a generic mercenary doing chores day in day out, but like a actual important part in this world.

This is why in an early post in this thread i suggested to make group and dungeon quests a bit more xp worthy, since they really contribute in actual community gain and lively gameplay. Grinding or questing solo is not exactly what an MMO is about if you ask me.

Davemustang

Post by Davemustang » Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:21 pm

Smejkyspiritcz wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:08 pm
Hey i would love the option to buy boost i rly strugle keeping myself lvling (hate it) i would love to have alts but just cant lvl them it just doexn´t exicete me opose to doing lvl 60 content. crying_turtle
You're not just wrong, you're stupid.

Tedris

Post by Tedris » Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:30 pm

Davemustang wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 5:21 pm
Smejkyspiritcz wrote:
Hey i would love the option to buy boost i rly strugle keeping myself lvling (hate it) i would love to have alts but just cant lvl them it just doexn´t exicete me opose to doing lvl 60 content. crying_turtle
How does that make him stupid? Because he has other interests and likes other stuff than you?

Allwynd01
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 11:23 am

Mikeloss wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 4:00 pm
There is only one solution to this. The community has to help! We as community need to step in and develop more meaningful quests that Developers could add to the game. I am by no account an example here I have never wrote a quest or do I know about the tools which might help do so. But this should be the long term solution.
If you believe this is the solution, then you should make the first step and create a few quests, the tools are on the website:

https://dev.turtle-wow.org/#!/home

You can learn how it works in less than 20 minutes. Keep in mind that quests you submit may not always (or all of them, or any of them) be accepted and make it into the game.

Tedris wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:30 pm
Davemustang wrote:
Smejkyspiritcz wrote:
How does that make him stupid? Because he has other interests and likes other stuff than you?
It doesn't make him stupid, but his preferences indicate that Turtle WoW is not the server for him. There are instant max level private servers for every version of the game and they usually come with custom NPCs that sell you the gear you need to do the content at the end.

On Turtle WoW, about 95% of the custom content that sets it apart from any other server is during the leveling process, if you start at level 60, how are you going to experience the custom content? You have to go back and do gray quests and 1-shot enemies, this is not how it's intended to be. Also how is a naked level 60 going to gear up? There have to be created those custom NPCs that sell that rare gear, and this will not happen, because it will literally butcher the server and turn it into trash overnight.

The solution is that he needs to find an instant max level server, because Turtle WoW is not about this and there is no point in making such an abomination possible if there is no end game content that's different from other servers, the person should just go play on another server. Or dedicate the time and effort to level up on his own.

That's it, there is no other solution, either play here by this server's rules or go play on another servers, these servers are free so their owners and developers aren't obliged to cater to everyone, Activision did that and Retail WoW has been garbage for this reason since TBC released. As private servers are free, people either like a server and stay or dislike it and move on to greener pastures, it's really that simple.|

Next thing someone will come and keep asking for the developers to give Shaman to the Alliance or Paladin to the Horde, because he wants to play a Shaman on the Alliance or a Paladin on the Horde side. There is already a solution like that - go play any TBC (or higher expansion) server out there.

Next thing someone will want to play a Worgen or a Pandaren on Turtle WoW, the solution is to go play Cataclysm or Pandaria... It's really that simple.

If this was your own server and you decided to cater to everyone just to please them in hopes that a lot of people would play on your server, how long before your server becomes a shitshow and all the players left and you are left with nothing other than the lesson to NEVER DO THAT AGAIN?

Lorencor

Post by Lorencor » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:37 pm

Pls someone delete this blasphemy
Fixxer

Davemustang

Post by Davemustang » Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:26 am

Tedris wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 6:30 pm
Davemustang wrote:
Smejkyspiritcz wrote:
1. Why are you playing an MMO if you do not enjoy the leveling? You would be paying to skip 80% of the game.
2. World content would become dead and make leveling normally impossible as everyone would buy their way to endgame.
3. Bots.

Xepug

Post by Xepug » Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:47 am

Leveling is a lot of fun, its what makes the game for me honsetly
Xepug, The Wandering Brewmaster

Sliceanddice

Post by Sliceanddice » Thu Sep 01, 2022 9:17 am

I don't like this

Gheor

Post by Gheor » Thu Sep 01, 2022 10:27 pm

Although the very first answer to this post already gave an official answer, I'd like to remind people.

We will never add a level 60 boost.
It is our goal to develop on all the aspects of the game and we surely won't offer a skip.

As for the opinions on this post, everyone is entitled to their own. Please be nice to eachother, it only takes a few seconds to breathe in and out to consider someone else's vision or piece of mind.
-
Narrative Design for Turtle WoW

Joealekber

Post by Joealekber » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:43 pm

I can definitely relate to how you feel about leveling up. Sometimes it can be a real chore, and only some find it enjoyable. However, there is a solution that might be helpful for you. Have you ever heard of boosting services for games like League of Legends and Valorant? I know some people who used ggboost.com and were satisfied with the results. They could level up their characters quickly and efficiently, allowing them to focus on the fun parts of the game they really enjoyed. It's worth checking out! I think it's what you need to make your gaming experience more enjoyable.
Last edited by Joealekber on Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:00 pm

Joealekber wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:43 pm
Hey there! I can definitely relate to how you feel about leveling up. Sometimes it can be a real chore, and only some find it enjoyable.
bro lv 1-59 iiiis the game. if leveling is a chore to you, where you just get nothing out of the fun of leveling, then you just do not like vanilla wow.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:21 pm

If you don't enjoy 1-59, you're playing the wrong game. That's all there is to it.

Illyane

Post by Illyane » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:10 am

I think we have enough litteratures and videos online that show what happens when you permit to skip the leveling 1-59 : Destruction of the economy, less social interactions, destroying the experience of the people choosing to do the leveling.

I'm here to play Vanilla+ WoW, not to see retail rise again. Starting to authorize this is basically signing the slow death of the Twow experience, and people who ask that need to take a step back to get the full picture. Leveling IS an essential tool in Vanilla. Love it or hate it, without it, we wouldn't have the same comfort in the end game. Take the time to learn about it, stop thinking with only your own comfort in mind.

From this point of view, I am relieved that the Turtle WoW team is in touch with reality and constantly reaffirms its refusal of this kind of request.

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:47 am

However we shouldn't ignore the truth for many players: they use tents regularly (or all the time) and many use warmode. This means that they don't follow that "slow and steady" motto.

About tents, they feel really anticlimatic and don't lead to a good leveling experience.

And about warmode... I don't think people really want to pvp, they just want the 30% exp boost, which has pvp as a downside. Is a lvl 1 toon really going to be pvping? It doesn't happen until later that players can access cross faction areas.

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:57 am

Tinyfin wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:21 pm
Greetings!

The option to buy a lv 60 boost will never be available.

Advice if you struggle enjoying leveling:

Grab a friend. There are always people looking for leveling partners
Get rested experience at a tent party. It will help you level faster.
Explore the world instead of taking a linear path. Turtle add-ed lots of new stuff here and there and you never know what you might find.
Do things at your own pace. There is no need to rush anywhere. If you do something each day, you will eventually reach 60.
Please make it possible to level via pvp and low level battlegrounds. It will be great boost to PvP community.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:29 pm

Markuis wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:47 am
However we shouldn't ignore the truth for many players: they use tents regularly (or all the time) and many use warmode. This means that they don't follow that "slow and steady" motto.

About tents, they feel really anticlimatic and don't lead to a good leveling experience.

And about warmode... I don't think people really want to pvp, they just want the 30% exp boost, which has pvp as a downside. Is a lvl 1 toon really going to be pvping? It doesn't happen until later that players can access cross faction areas.
U r partly correct. Ppl try to speed up the lvling. Yet even with tents and war mode the lvling time is still more than 50% of what it would be without them. So if we assume a normal toon w/o any Turtle boosts lvls to 60 in 7-10 days played. With the Turtle boosts this goes down to 4-6 days played. This is still a very long time... It is nowhere close to having an instant boost to 60. So to compare the 2 types of boost is ridiculous.

Besides a lvl 60 boost will be a paid service if offered. So basically a pay-to-win. This will cause an immense backlash. Turtle will die in days if they offered it.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:44 pm

Slightly faster leveling is worlds away from being "Pay to be level 60 instantly".

Some people might prefer slightly higher rates than 1x but even those probably have limits. Myself? Yes I do play with war mode because I enjoy the random pvp encounters along with a slight boost to the XP but would I want more than that? No, not really.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:55 pm

Bring back 0.8x rates to every player imo.
kidding plz dont hurt me
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Sinrek
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Sinrek » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:21 am

Kazgrim wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:55 pm
kidding plz dont hurt me
YES PLEASE
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Sinrek
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Sinrek » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:22 am

Dead serious.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:47 pm

Kazgrim wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:55 pm
kidding plz dont hurt me
I would not be opposed to this. Also dead serious.