60 Boost

Smejkyspiritcz

60 Boost

Post by Smejkyspiritcz » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:08 pm

Hey i would love the option to buy boost i rly strugle keeping myself lvling (hate it) i would love to have alts but just cant lvl them it just doexn´t exicete me opose to doing lvl 60 content. crying_turtle
Last edited by Smejkyspiritcz on Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fin

Re: 60 Boost

Post by Fin » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:21 pm

Greetings!

The option to buy a lv 60 boost will never be available.

Advice if you struggle enjoying leveling:

Grab a friend. There are always people looking for leveling partners
Get rested experience at a tent party. It will help you level faster.
Explore the world instead of taking a linear path. Turtle add-ed lots of new stuff here and there and you never know what you might find.
Do things at your own pace. There is no need to rush anywhere. If you do something each day, you will eventually reach 60.
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097

Geojak
Has liked: 27 times

Post by Geojak » Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:22 pm

Just focus on one char mate and pour everything into it. Thaz keeps me motivates

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:16 pm

Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Tedris

Post by Tedris » Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:24 am

Tinyfin wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:21 pm
Greetings!

Explore the world instead of taking a linear path. Turtle add-ed lots of new stuff here and there and you never know what you might find.
Do things at your own pace. There is no need to rush anywhere. If you do something each day, you will eventually reach 60.
The truth is that a person who doesnt enjoy leveling wont enjoy your stuff to explore here and there at all.
Tents help but they seem very artificial and beeing "forced" to go back to Goldshire/Xroads every now and then just seems even more artificial.
You have to face that not everyone enjoys leveling, some even hate it. The vast majority of playedtime of almost every character comes from beeing 60 and a lot of guys just enjoy endgame much more than leveling.
Dont get me wrong, it was fun leveling back in original Vanilla and even to some extend with the new quests added here, but this magic dies for people like him and me instantly once you have done it one time.

For me tents do the exact opposite of what a fun leveling experience could be. They drag me away from doing actual Quests, since questing is (and ever was) inefficient in the first place and stupid grinding / tap leveling gets even more emphasized with tents.

You should encourage more Group Play (more XP for Elite Quests AND Dungeons) instead of encouraging people to stay afk in Goldshire for 20 mins.

There could very well be an item which can be bought after you leveled one char on that account to 60 (BoA for example) which is very expensive but gives an alt maybe x2 XP (included questing). If quests could benefit from x2 XP aswell as Grinding does, i could even be bothered to do them. Otherwise, no chance.

Dannyp19921

Post by Dannyp19921 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:58 am

I hope they stay true to their word and that level boosts/experience boosts never get into the game. Blizzard drove me away from Classic once they announced level boosts.

What they should do is continuing to enhance the leveling experience and make it so the world is populated in all level brackets. Create incentives for people to roll alts, and expand upon that what you do during the leveling process gives you something at 60. Giving 60s a reason to come back to low level zones would also be cool. Keep the world alive!

Tedris

Post by Tedris » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:09 pm

Dannyp19921 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:58 am
I hope they stay true to their word and that level boosts/experience boosts never get into the game. Blizzard drove me away from Classic once they announced level boosts.

What they should do is continuing to enhance the leveling experience and make it so the world is populated in all level brackets. Create incentives for people to roll alts, and expand upon that what you do during the leveling process gives you something at 60. Giving 60s a reason to come back to low level zones would also be cool. Keep the world alive!
They already implemented increased XP gain through faster rested XP and Warmode.

Dannyp19921

Post by Dannyp19921 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:19 pm

Tedris wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:09 pm
Dannyp19921 wrote:

They already implemented increased XP gain through faster rested XP and Warmode.
I like those. They're gameplay elements; one is connected to a profession, the other to PvP. What I meant is that I hope they never introduce paid level boosting in their shop.

Tedris

Post by Tedris » Sun Aug 14, 2022 1:36 pm

Dannyp19921 wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:19 pm
Tedris wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:09 pm
Dannyp19921 wrote:

I like those. They're gameplay elements; one is connected to a profession, the other to PvP. What I meant is that I hope they never introduce paid level boosting in their shop.
I would have no problem with it if they would make it free or for ingame gold :)

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:16 pm

Tedris wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:24 am

The truth is that a person who doesnt enjoy leveling wont enjoy your stuff to explore here and there at all.
Tents help but they seem very artificial and beeing "forced" to go back to Goldshire/Xroads every now and then just seems even more artificial.
You have to face that not everyone enjoys leveling, some even hate it. The vast majority of playedtime of almost every character comes from beeing 60 and a lot of guys just enjoy endgame much more than leveling.
Dont get me wrong, it was fun leveling back in original Vanilla and even to some extend with the new quests added here, but this magic dies for people like him and me instantly once you have done it one time.

For me tents do the exact opposite of what a fun leveling experience could be. They drag me away from doing actual Quests, since questing is (and ever was) inefficient in the first place and stupid grinding / tap leveling gets even more emphasized with tents.

You should encourage more Group Play (more XP for Elite Quests AND Dungeons) instead of encouraging people to stay afk in Goldshire for 20 mins.

There could very well be an item which can be bought after you leveled one char on that account to 60 (BoA for example) which is very expensive but gives an alt maybe x2 XP (included questing). If quests could benefit from x2 XP aswell as Grinding does, i could even be bothered to do them. Otherwise, no chance.
Elite Quests and Dungeons do provide more XP than solo content. Nonetheless, the philosophy behind Turtle WoW is going slow and enjoying the journey, so we won't be adding a boost, and don't plan on implementing any other XP gain raising features. We've put a lot of work into improving the leveling experience, so it would be a shame to not encourage leveling. If you find leveling to be a chore, then I recommend sticking to a main and trying out different talent trees to spice up your gameplay experience :)
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Drezzy95

Post by Drezzy95 » Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:29 pm

Tedris

Post by Tedris » Mon Aug 15, 2022 9:43 am

Akalix wrote:
Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:16 pm
Elite Quests and Dungeons do provide more XP than solo content.
Elite Quests do provide more XP as a reward than soloable quests, true, but they are nowhere near xp efficient than doing normal quests or just plain grinding. Same goes for Dungeons (and their quests aswell). The XP-Gain in dungeons is really bad compared to solo content aswell, so i dont really get how you come to that conclusion at all.
Akalix wrote:
Nonetheless, the philosophy behind Turtle WoW is going slow and enjoying the journey,...
Weird, last time i checked the vast majority of levelers do use tents, why you added them in the first place if the philosophy behind Turtle WoW is taking it slow?
Akalix wrote:
...so we won't be adding a boost, and don't plan on implementing any other XP gain raising features.
My proposal wasnt adding a boost, but an XP gain for all gameplay choices, not just mob XP.
Akalix wrote:
We've put a lot of work into improving the leveling experience, so it would be a shame to not encourage leveling.
Shame that exactly the opposite is the case for people like me (and there are a fair amount of your actual (and potential) playerbase.
With giving bonus xp not just on mobs, but on actual quests you would actually encourage Questing and leveling overall, for those who choose to want to see your new content but dont want the awfully slow leveling experience.
You do actually encourage those people to level in the most boring, blant, mindnumbing way possible which is grinding and tapleveling, since it is by far the most efficient way. There is in fact more to discover on Turtle WoW than just "the journey". Endgame has a lot of appeal too, since there is new custom content too.
Akalix wrote:
If you find leveling to be a chore, then I recommend sticking to a main and trying out different talent trees to spice up your gameplay experience :)
I really enjoy equipping characters with gear at 60 and running dungeons and raids for that, which is why i will always want to have at least 2 characters at max level to play whatever my mood will be that day.
I currently leveled 2 60´s with pure grinding and tap leveling with under 2 days taking from 1-60 in net time played.
For me slow questing is just not enjoyable at all, i would definately enjoy seeing those custom quests, but not with the extreme xp/h hit this would take.

I really dont see how it would take anything away from those who want to level slow and steady if the others that dont want that gain a few more xp through questing and running dungeons so that they actually enjoy the experience too, as long as the people have the choice and one way isnt overpowered (which grinding / tap leveling is at the moment).

But hey, its your server, and i have got 2 60 already. Just want to give you some feedback why a fair amount of people are frustrated by it, leave or even worse (seeing it with a lot of friends i was trying to convince to start here) never actually start here.

F41lz0rs

Post by F41lz0rs » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:22 pm

Tedris wrote:
Tinyfin wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:21 pm
Greetings!

The soul of Vanilla wow was leveling to 60. that is the goal of the server is to enhance that aspect, so boosting would go against it. Futher more boosts would destroy the population of people leveling alts and no one would be around to do group quests, help with professions at their level and buy the things they can make with those professions.

once everyone had 8 lvl 60s the server would stagnate and die. once at 60 people just sit around and wait for buffs and a raid to go to.

Tedris

Post by Tedris » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:44 pm

F41lz0rs wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:22 pm
The soul of Vanilla wow was leveling to 60. that is the goal of the server is to enhance that aspect, so boosting would go against it...
That is maybe what YOU think vanilla is about or its "soul" and you are perfectly right with that IF you speak for yourself. But for a lot of people vanilla isnt only about the leveling to 60. Vanilla is way more than that. Most the of /played time a char has (usually at least if you dont stop at 60 with that char) comes from beeing 60 and i dont talk like 40/60 here. More like 10/90.
F41lz0rs wrote:
...Futher more boosts would destroy the population of people leveling alts and no one would be around to do group quests, help with professions at their level and buy the things they can make with those professions.
People tend to dramatise stuff like this a lot and i partly get it. Afraid of change maybe? The statistics would proove you wrong in an instant though, since making questing more viable against grinding for those who like to level fast would actually improve the group and dungeon quest experience in the first place. Professions at low level are pretty irrelevant to begin with so i dont get your point there.
Gaining more XP with quests would actually improve the alt leveling situation.
F41lz0rs wrote:
once everyone had 8 lvl 60s the server would stagnate and die. once at 60 people just sit around and wait for buffs and a raid to go to.
Why would it? You have 60´s who jump around in Ironforge/Stormwind/Orgrimmar already just waiting for the next dungeon or raid. If at all, those people doing nothing and waiting for a thing to come up would be more likely to start an alt in the meantime if the leveling experience is faster for them.

Hombrehongo

Post by Hombrehongo » Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:57 pm

I mostly not agree Tedris. The vast mayority of players do quests, i dont know what statistics are you talking about but the only classes that can effectively farm mobs for xp are mages and hunters.
The people that raid are normally the minority in any mmo since most players are casual players.
I think TWoW is fine as it is now but I would be open to some challenge glyph that boost xp for some downgrade.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:18 am

For me?no thanx i like leveling

But i undestand people get tired of leveling his char 10th times

And could be a way to support the server.

If the server gets some money we can keep playing
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Versidue

Post by Versidue » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:33 am

I love the slow pace, and I don't think there's anything wrong with the server fulfilling a specific niche that not everybody likes

Like, this isn't a for-profit enterprise, it's a private server maintained by passionate hobbyists. It's ok if it doesn't appeal to the broadest possible audience and keep expanding forever. Can't it just be a slow, chill place to hang out?
Skyshot - LVL 60 Immortal High Elf Hunter
Zennik - LVL 20+ Goblin Rogue
Starsoul - LVL 18+ Night Elf Priest
Dyrinn - Hardcore Dwarf Warrior

Furinkazan

Post by Furinkazan » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:52 am

This server is probably not for you, I suggest you look for a server that offers that kind of service instead of coming here and trying to change the whole philosophy of this project to suit your needs.

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:59 am

Why would you ever need 60 boots? Seems excessive.

Venytas

Post by Venytas » Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:43 am

I wouldnt want boosts tbh.

Kemumaki

Post by Kemumaki » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:54 am

There are plenty of other private servers that can do 60 boosts. You could try those.
The developer sincerely explained to us that boosting is against the concept and policy of the server. End of story.

Keegus

Post by Keegus » Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:40 pm

Tedris wrote:
You have to face that not everyone enjoys leveling, some even hate it.
It's always kind of funny that these comments come from people who refuse to face the fact that a game/server type is directed at a different audience and expect to be catered too.

Just because this server decided to offer up a warmode doesn't make it a PvP server with instant 60 boosts. It's still an RP-PvE server where the entire point is the journey, not the destination.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:35 pm

I’m pretty sure he is joking. I can’t imagine anyone who plays turtle would want a boost

Tedris

Post by Tedris » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:19 pm

Keegus wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:40 pm
Tedris wrote:
You have to face that not everyone enjoys leveling, some even hate it.
It's always kind of funny that these comments come from people who refuse to face the fact that a game/server type is directed at a different audience and expect to be catered too.

Just because this server decided to offer up a warmode doesn't make it a PvP server with instant 60 boosts. It's still an RP-PvE server where the entire point is the journey, not the destination.
I was never suggesting an instant 60 boost!

My whole point, which you succesfully missed or ignored, is to make questing appealing to those who dont like how very lengthy questing in vanilla is, but still would prefer it over the far more efficient but mindnumbing grinding if xp gain from questing is somewhat on par with it.

The whole intention of tents giving rested xp is completely BS if you ask me when you then at the same time speak about the "soul" and "intention" of this server, which is to take it slow.

The devs wanted to appeal to more people, hence warmode and tent was implemented in the first place. If they really, and i mean really, would have the intention that the whole concept of turtle wow is to take it slow, they wouldnt have implemented them and everyone had to level with 0,5x Slow and steady. They didnt, thankfully. Bring up questing on par with grinding and most fast levelers would be very grateful.

Hearthing to Goldshire, afking under tents for about 20 mins, heading back to a grinding spot for the next 1,5 Levels is just bad design, period.

I really would be interested in actual numbers how people level.
% of people leveled to 60 with
- warmode
- slow & steady
- with a certain threshold of rested (lets say 30%)
- with few quests completed (marker for grinders)
etc...

My guess is that the absolute minority levels with slow & steady, a very decent amount (20%+) with warmode and a great amount with lots of rested XP.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:21 pm

I'll never understand why people want to skip, or speed through 80% of the game.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Mikeloss

Post by Mikeloss » Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:32 pm

Since World of Warcrafts inception I have always dreamed of spending time in the beautiful world o Azeroth.
Leveling is more than a grind for XP, it is meeting other people, chatting, having a good time. Adventures can pop up at anytime when you meet the right people and the joy of sharing such experiences with others is in actuality what makes leveling so appealing. I have joined in 2019 I and only have one Character, Maelm a level 26 ranger (Rogue) who protects the Forests of Elywnn, seeks new recruits, offers them quests and gives them rewards. I found that this is my way of playing. If I ever feel the need to go further I will, not because I must but because I can.

Find yourself a story. All people love stories. Share that story with others and let that experience transform what leveling means for you.

Big love! turtle_tongue
Maelm the Forest Ranger
"What I have learned from the elves in my youth is what I do for a living. If no one protects us then who will..."

Notawen

Post by Notawen » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:28 am

lol dead_turtle_head

Tedris

Post by Tedris » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:02 am

Bellybutton wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:21 pm
I'll never understand why people want to skip, or speed through 80% of the game.
You dont have to understand other people playstyles in order to respect them.

For those people 80% of the game is coming to them via the Endgame experience and not leveling.

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:38 am

OP, in case you don't know 2-3 years ago the server was niche with 150 players and XP rates were x0.5. That's why it's called Turtle WoW - because the progress was slow and steady and the players were considered to be as patient as turtles.

Now many people who only just discovered the server don't know the humble origins of Turtle WoW and what it stands for.

Bellybutton wrote:
Because they share the ideology that the game starts when you hit the level cap. If you ask me, that's where the game ends, hence it's called "end game".
Last edited by Allwynd01 on Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:39 am

Turtle WoW is about taking things slowly. There are plenty options to play elsewhere with a boost.

Tedris

Post by Tedris » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:01 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:38 am
OP, in case you don't know 2-3 years ago the server was niche with 150 players and XP rates were x0.5. That's why it's called Turtle WoW - because the progress was slow and steady and the players were considered to be as patient as turtles.

Now many people who only just discovered the server don't know the humble origins of Turtle WoW and what it stands for.

Bellybutton wrote:
Because they share the ideology that the game starts when you hit the level cap. If you ask me, that's where the game ends, hence it's called "end game".
If you really play endgame it has far more potential playtime than leveling playtime.

And why did they change it back to x1 xp, made huge amount of rested xp a thing and introduced even warmode? Because they wanted to appeal to a broader audience and not be the 150 player niche server that will be dead in no time.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:17 am

Tedris wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:02 am
Bellybutton wrote:
You dont have to understand other people playstyles in order to respect them.

For those people 80% of the game is coming to them via the Endgame experience and not leveling.
I'm speaking about the sheer volume of content, not playtime. It would be like skipping or boosting to the last stage in Super Mario Bros, setting a save state, and just repeatedly playing the last level for hours.

The 1-60 experience makes up at least 80% of the content in WoW, I just don't understand why people want to skip that to run a small select few end game dungeons and raids for hundreds of hours, that they've already run for hundreds of hours in the past.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Greatgrass

Post by Greatgrass » Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:09 am

Bellybutton wrote:
i leveled to 60 five times in 2018-2020, one in Light's Hope, the rest in Classic.
Classic TBC pre-patch, i leveled a shaman to 60 in 2 weeks.
further down, a druid to 70.
then we had Season of Mastery where i leveled both a warlock and a paladin to 60 because of free realm transfers killing my alliance realm, and into 2022, i started playing Turtle WoW and have a 45 shaman and 60 druid here.

that makes for a grand total of seeing all the quests and zones 10 times, almost 11, in 4 years.

if there was a boost, i would use it. there's plenty of people like me with a severe addiction who play everything early wow has to offer and sometimes multiple servers simultaneously, and REALLY don't have a need or a want to travel the entire planet 4 times to get all the sunken temple quests completed again and again and again.

@Tedris has it exactly right that the tents and warmode are about as contradictory as it gets. The 60 i have here would have been the fastest i've ever leveled by miles if I had stayed focused and not spent so much time chatting with guildies. might as well just add the boost when mobs are giving people 1,000 exp+ per kill anyway.
It'd be fair and balanced if you have to have a 60 character already in your account to boost another, and i don't know how anyone could argue against that on a server this old.

Furinkazan

Post by Furinkazan » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:25 pm

Greatgrass wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 11:09 am
Bellybutton wrote:
i leveled to 60 five times in 2018-2020, one in Light's Hope, the rest in Classic.
then we had Season of Mastery where i leveled both a warlock and a paladin to 60 because of free realm transfers killing my alliance realm, and into 2022, i started playing Turtle WoW and have a 45 shaman and 60 druid here.

that makes for a grand total of seeing all the quests and zones 10 times, almost 11, in 4 years.
So what? This is the story of most players, so if you could do it before, you can do it again.

Greatgrass wrote:
if there was a boost, i would use it. there's plenty of people like me with a severe addiction who play everything early wow has to offer and sometimes multiple servers simultaneously, and REALLY don't have a need or a want to travel the entire planet 4 times to get all the sunken temple quests completed again and again and again.
This is exactly what ruined classic retail, if people could boost they would. The problem is the long term effect it would have on the server, I suspect such a decision would kill the server, which I assume none of us wants.

On a personal note, if you play on multiple servers simultaneously, I assume you already have some max leveled toons over there so play those if you have an endgame itch.

Greatgrass wrote:
@Tedris has it exactly right that the tents and warmode are about as contradictory as it gets. The 60 i have here would have been the fastest i've ever leveled by miles if I had stayed focused and not spent so much time chatting with guildies. might as well just add the boost when mobs are giving people 1,000 exp+ per kill anyway.
It'd be fair and balanced if you have to have a 60 character already in your account to boost another, and i don't know how anyone could argue against that on a server this old.
Warmode is a recent addition to the server, and quite controversial as we all know. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets changed to be more pvp oriented in the near future.

Tedris

Post by Tedris » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:46 pm

Furinkazan wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:25 pm
Greatgrass wrote:
Bellybutton wrote:

So what? This is the story of most players, so if you could do it before, you can do it again.

Greatgrass wrote:
This is exactly what ruined classic retail, if people could boost they would. The problem is the long term effect it would have on the server, I suspect such a decision would kill the server, which I assume none of us wants.

On a personal note, if you play on multiple servers simultaneously, I assume you already have some max leveled toons over there so play those if you have an endgame itch.

Greatgrass wrote:
Warmode is a recent addition to the server, and quite controversial as we all know. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets changed to be more pvp oriented in the near future.
Make Warmode loose its 30% XP gain, and introduce a PVP-item gift you get every 10 levels you leveled with warmode(similiar to slow & steady) and/or give a title "Warmonger" if leveld 1-60 in that mode.
At the same time introduce a bonus for honorable kills like "Increases experienced gained from all sources by 2% for 10 mins (stacks up to 10 times)." and introduce a debuff for dishonorable kills to be the same but as a reduction of 2% for 10 mins).

Introduce new glyph called "Loremode" which increases all XP gain through quests, not mobs, by 50%.

I personally leveld around 10 chars back in orig vanilla to 60 and 2 chars to 60 here, questing the same stuff over and over again really gets old quickly. I very much enjoy equipping and mastering classes more then plain leveling, but not all are like me so i do appreciate that there are more ways to enjoy this game! I dont enjoy that the fastest way by a mile is to skip all the content while tapleveling or grinding...