Steps we take to reduce the queue, and patch 1.17.0 release

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Steps we take to reduce the queue, and patch 1.17.0 release

Post by Torta » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:08 pm

A new version of queue prioritization has been implemented on the EU realm.
viewtopic.php?t=9958

Trangoul

Post by Trangoul » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:50 am

Akalix wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:00 pm
  • Patch 1.17.0: Beyond the Greymane Wall — European release!
What about the Chinese realm(s)? If the European one has more/newer content, the Asian players will be incentivized to stay on EU. Consider releasing the patch only when it's done, including the promised translation (I hope that making them with "slight delays" does not mean months...).

Wowplaya69

Re: Timeline Update and 1.17 Release Date

Post by Wowplaya69 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:32 pm

Jolikmc wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 12:29 pm
But, considering that Turtle WoW continues to operate even now, it's pretty obvious that Blizzard either can't do anything, internationally, or simply doesn't care.

No, I'm not saying I want Blizzard to shut down this server. That's stupid. I'm just saying, if they haven't by now, they probably won't touch overseas servers like this one and it's Chinese counterpart and bootlegs.
Activision/Blizzard are in the process of being acquired by Microsoft, for some time now. It's controversial because of the potential for monopoly, and so it would make sense that Activision/Blizzard are in low-profile mode, ie: do nothing that could generate bad publicity/don't look like an evil monopoly until that deal is done.

After it's done, then we'll find out if custom private servers at the scale of twow will be ignored.

If I understand copyright, and I probably don't, it doesn't matter about the back-end because twow distributes the client and that is definitely a copyrighted work.

I do hope turtle wow sticks around, but I think it was a mistake to expand and keep on expanding, they should have kept it a small private community and shared their content with the wider private server world while shouting "fair use!" "fair use!".

Edgarfam

Post by Edgarfam » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:43 pm

Torta wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:08 pm
viewtopic.php?t=9958
Hi Torta. After the implementation of new queueprioritization, the queue for english-speaking players has been significantly reduced, thank your for your work.

But also as a Chinese player, I learned that many ppl have realized the queue is based on the language of client. So more and more ppl are using en client to bypass the queue and login, and then switch to cn client to play.

If it's the case, in a few days everyone will know this and the mechanism will be obsolete.

My suggestion is, try to detect cn client in-game and ban it entirely. You can implement this now or after the end of the support of hanzi on server side.

Hope you'll consider this. Thank for everything. hiding_smth_turtle

Hellkimi

Post by Hellkimi » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:55 am

Offering transfers from EU to SEA.

What time is it? You guys are just wasting my spirit!

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Sep 19, 2023 5:56 am

Please don’t waste Hellkimi’s spirit.

Chenyingchao

Post by Chenyingchao » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:13 am

欧服我们已经无法登陆,经常掉线,排队不正常逻辑排队。管理者在损害权益时的时候真的很快。没有给我们选择的权利,而是把我们驱赶到亚服,我们在帐号下的角色和快乐就是随意鞭挞的吗?不给解决方案,也不给选择权利。我们只是最早支持乌龟成长的wower,但是在亚服开启后,我们被区别对待,而且践踏了我们的付出和信仰。希望早点给出解决方案,至少让我们选择转离欧服。We are no longer able to log in to the European server, and we often have offline connections. The queue is abnormal and logical. Managers are really quick when it comes to damaging their rights and interests. Did not give us the right to choose, but drove us to Yafu, and our roles and happiness under the account were randomly whipped? No solution or choice given. We were only the first Wower to support the growth of turtles, but after the launch of the Asian server, we were treated differently and trampled on our dedication and faith. I hope to provide a solution as soon as possible, at least allowing us to choose to switch to European service.

Chenyingchao

Post by Chenyingchao » Tue Sep 19, 2023 7:22 am

我们还在欧服拥有角色,但是我们目前无法登陆。因为排队技术手段导致我们不能参与游戏,而且乌龟团队优先是制造问题,而不是优先先让我们选择将角色转移再开启排队新规则。我们的选择被剥夺,我们的尊严不在。公平的规则荡然无存。即便是让我们去亚服,也请团队考虑我们已有的角色,那是我们努力多少时间的快乐,不应该直接剥夺。我们是最开始最纯粹的wower,我们支持团队到现在,哪怕此刻,我希望管理团队能开放转服,即便我们知道你们不想我们中国玩家在欧服,但是也请绅士的让我们走,至少将我们游戏的快乐延续过去,而不是不给选择的直接剥夺我们登陆游戏的权利。至少目前的排队机制已经变相剥夺了,我们登陆的权利。We still have characters on the European server, but we are currently unable to log in. Due to queuing techniques, we are unable to participate in the game, and the Tortoise team prioritizes creating problems rather than allowing us to choose to transfer characters before initiating new queuing rules. Our choices are taken away, and our dignity is no longer present. Fair rules are gone. Even if it's for us to go to Yafu, please ask the team to consider our existing roles, which are the joy of how much time we work hard and should not be directly deprived. We are the purest Wower from the beginning, and we support the team until now. Even at this moment, I hope the management team can open up the transfer service. Even if we know that you don't want us Chinese players to be on the European server, please let us go gentlemanly, at least to continue the joy of our game in the past, rather than simply depriving us of the right to log in without giving us a choice. At least the current queuing mechanism has stripped us of our right to log in in disguised form

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:20 am

You are not going to die if you do not play WoW for a few days... or if you must, go play an alt on the SEA servers

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:03 am

Can confirm as an EU player i can log in and out at any time during the day. The system works really good! thank you

Xhantos00

Post by Xhantos00 » Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:37 pm

This new queue prio is great! Thanks team.

Cair1

Post by Cair1 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:33 am

Your operation is very confusing. If it's to relieve pressure on European servers. Then you can do that by turning on the transfer. There are now three Asian servers, but the role of the European server cannot be transferred. The reason is that there are too many people. So are there many servers in Europe? Restrict Chinese login of European servers. The transfer is not enabled. So all you care about is getting more new people to play. Instead of solving problems that existing players have. It's so disappointing.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:52 am

Hm. Cair1's post reminds me… has it been publicly stated anywhere – here on the forums, or in Discord, or even in some random, in-game chat log – why transfers from the European servers to the Chinese servers haven't been enabled yet? Like, what's the actual reason for the delay? You have quite a few Chinese players who are chomping at the bit to transfer over, but you're not letting them… and by not letting them, you're keeping the pressure on the original European server… which has a roundabout effect of disallowing players from all regions from actually playing. And that's just plain bad business.

I know you pride yourselves on being "turtles", but you can't just stick your heads into your shells and wait until things blow over. That shell isn't indestructible; eventually, that turtle shell will chip away, leaving you naked and vulnerable. (And the cracks are definitely starting to show, now…) If you're aiming to get things done in a timely and efficient manner, but for some reason can't, then find someone who can. Scout around. I'm sure you can find some people who would leap at the chance to be a part of World of Warcraft emulation history.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Geojak
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Geojak » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:31 am

I have been saying this for almost 3 weeks now, but transfer opens to Sea and complete hanzi ban in all chats including localisation of ui and quest text need to happen ASAP.

Even the Chinese are basically begging for it at this point, becuase they are sick of western hostility too.

Everyone who is not blind csn see your ongoing hard work to solve the problems. Thank you! hopefully you can get this done soon.

Xxaczzz

Post by Xxaczzz » Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:57 am

I see only one realm, are there more than one realms?

Elisleris

Post by Elisleris » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:23 am

Xxaczzz wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:57 am
I see only one realm, are there more than one realms?
If you play on CN with realmlist cnlogon.turtle-wow.org - you will see 3 servers.
Otherwise if you play on EU - here only one.

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:54 am

People are talking and cooperating again when levelling, very nice :D

Slithice84

Post by Slithice84 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:17 pm

the only thing that change is, that im now for 3 hours in queue on place 800 and b4 it was 3h on place 7k. the game is still unplayable

Voidcaller5

Post by Voidcaller5 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:52 pm

Slithice84 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:17 pm
the only thing that change is, that im now for 3 hours in queue on place 800 and b4 it was 3h on place 7k. the game is still unplayable
same here!

Bender08

Post by Bender08 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:35 am

Edgarfam wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:43 pm
Torta wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=9958
Hi Torta. After the implementation of new queueprioritization, the queue for english-speaking players has been significantly reduced, thank your for your work.

But also as a Chinese player, I learned that many ppl have realized the queue is based on the language of client. So more and more ppl are using en client to bypass the queue and login, and then switch to cn client to play.

If it's the case, in a few days everyone will know this and the mechanism will be obsolete.

My suggestion is, try to detect cn client in-game and ban it entirely. You can implement this now or after the end of the support of hanzi on server side.

"as a Chinese player", shame for you

Edgarfam

Post by Edgarfam » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:52 am

Bender08 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:35 am
Edgarfam wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:43 pm
Torta wrote:
viewtopic.php?t=9958

"as a Chinese player", shame for you
What's the reason?

Mikeyhong

Post by Mikeyhong » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:23 am

I think many people is waiting the EU2,trust me,now here have this huge person to play not only because of the Chinese,but also have many people from EU and when the new version coming I’m sure here will gathering much more .so plz push the EU2happen.many of us still waiting, a new server for the people back to turtle or the new comers all is perfect! You guys made a perder server,then plz make it service for more people who loves the server!

Torta

Post by Torta » Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:00 pm

The migration of Ravenshire to better hardware has been completed. Please remain patient as we progress through the remaining outlined steps.

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:38 pm

Torta wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:00 pm
The migration of Ravenshire to better hardware has been completed. Please remain patient as we progress through the remaining outlined steps.
Glad to hear you are making progress. Hang in there.

Tendies

Post by Tendies » Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:36 pm

Torta wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 4:00 pm
Wohoo! You might make it on schedule

Sheed90

Post by Sheed90 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:05 am

New Update about transfers? :)

Holyhorrorr

Post by Holyhorrorr » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:34 pm

16-23 misses lots of "completed" tasks. any updates?

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Sat Sep 23, 2023 2:56 pm

sounds like 中国語 (chinese language) should be banned today at least right?

unrelated but the first thing I saw this morning whenI logged in was a level 20 chinese player on a store mount with a repair bot trailing behind him.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:30 pm

The SEA realm (https://cn.turtle-wow.org/) Blood Ring has been officially launched, offering a PvP gaming experience! There are a few differences that set this realm apart from our usual realms in terms of gameplay.
  • There is no crossfaction interaction in any form. This means that you cannot chat, group, trade, or join guilds with players from the opposite faction.
  • The honor rewards for killing City Leaders have been increased by a rate of 1.5.
  • War Mode is not available on this realm, as it becomes obsolete in a PvP environment.
  • Hardcore Mode is not available on this realm.
  • We have set a different minimum player requirement to start battlegrounds. Warsong Gulch: 8 players, Arathi Basin: 10 players, Alterac Valley: 30 players.
We also have other upcoming changes PvP scheduled to go live with the next Patch 1.17.0. Please note that many of these changes will require a client update: viewtopic.php?t=5391

Daedric

Post by Daedric » Sat Sep 23, 2023 6:41 pm

Torta wrote:
Sat Sep 23, 2023 5:30 pm
The SEA realm (https://cn.turtle-wow.org/) Blood Ring has been officially launched, offering a PvP gaming experience! There are a few differences that set this realm apart from our usual realms in terms of gameplay.
  • There is no crossfaction interaction in any form. This means that you cannot chat, group, trade, or join guilds with players from the opposite faction.
  • The honor rewards for killing City Leaders have been increased by a rate of 1.5.
  • War Mode is not available on this realm, as it becomes obsolete in a PvP environment.
  • Hardcore Mode is not available on this realm.
  • We have set a different minimum player requirement to start battlegrounds. Warsong Gulch: 8 players, Arathi Basin: 10 players, Alterac Valley: 30 players.
Fantastic to hear! It's only fair that everyone gets a PvP option.

I'm continually impressed with the Turtle WoW dev team, and sincerely hope a PvP server is opened as an option for EU players. Personally, I have extremely fond memories playing WoW on PvP servers, as it cultivates a unique atmosphere. While it requires a bit more oversight to make sure things are balanced, I'm grateful the Team is looking to implement them.

If there had been a PvP server at the start, I'd have definitely rolled on it, so I appreciate the Team taking different gaming preferences into account.

Crunshy1512

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:04 pm

Please add this to EU2

Zrllord

Post by Zrllord » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:07 am

Where is the passage from the European server to the Southeast Asian server??

Chenyingchao

Post by Chenyingchao » Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:05 am

9.23提供从欧服到亚服的功能。time is over

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Sun Sep 24, 2023 6:38 am

Zrllord wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:07 am
Where is the passage from the European server to the Southeast Asian server??
Not available yet, afaik. Torta said on discord that they needed to finalize a few details.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sun Sep 24, 2023 7:47 am

So is the chinese pvp a precursor for pvp eu2? :)
Orky Sulfuron Champion