New queue prioritization system is in place!

Akalix
Has liked: 1 time

New queue prioritization system is in place!

Post by Akalix » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:08 pm

Greetings!

We have an update to share with everyone about our queue prioritization system, which will be in effect upon the next restart.

Our new queue system provides priority for our English community on our Turtle EU realm. As we have multiple new, lively realms launched in the SEA region, we have developed this system with the concept in mind that our Turtle EU realm is primarily for our English community, and our Turtle Asia network is primarily for our CN community.

We will continue to tweak this system as needed in the future, however, we expect that it will solve many issues veteran players have been facing.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Crunshy1512

Re: 2023 — September 17 Queue Update

Post by Crunshy1512 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:17 pm

EU 2 WHEN

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:28 pm

EU queue hype
EU queue hype
EU queue hype
EU queue hype

Sunsdude

Post by Sunsdude » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:30 pm

Sounds great, we'll see how it'll work tomorrow

Lithonil

Post by Lithonil » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:33 pm

A welcome change. Keep up the good work.

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:28 pm

finally something that might actually have an effect on queues. thank you

Bahamutxd

Post by Bahamutxd » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:22 pm

How does it work? It measures ping or checks for accoun info or...?

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:43 pm

Bahamutxd wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:22 pm
better not asking how it works, otherwise people will try to skip it. AFAIK people from EU, NA, LATAM and AUS are considered English comunity

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:53 pm

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:43 pm
Bahamutxd wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:22 pm
better not asking how it works, otherwise people will try to skip it. AFAIK people from EU, NA, LATAM and AUS are considered English comunity
Agreed!
Thank you Turtle team and I look forward to trying it out tomorrow satisfied_turtle_head

Sicvikki

Re: New queue prioritization system is in place!

Post by Sicvikki » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:08 pm

Super happy I may be able to log in the mornings again instead of waiting until the afternoon

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:14 pm

There is no solution to this problem that isn't extreme, but extreme solutions come with extreme consequences. With the vague wording of the post, it sounds like this new system sounds like it could unfairly punish players purely based on their region. Therefore, I have many questions.

Firstly, if it specifically looks for an "English-speaking" IP address, what's to stop anyone from spoofing their country via VPN software to get an "English-speaking country" spot in the new queue? Is there something in the software that can somehow detect VPN? If so, how does that affect the VPN user's connection to the server? Me, personally? I'd consider mass-blocking all VPNs, or at least put people using them into a "low priority" queue of some kind. But I mean, not every VPN can even be detected (allegedly), so…

Also, what countries or regions are affected by this new change? There are plenty of players who speak perfect English, but live outside of what one would consider "English-speaking countries". Some of these players even interact with the community, right here on these forums, and are very lovely people.

Lastly… how does the new system work with the "veteran player" queue system? Does it stack? I'd imagine it would have to, considering this new queue is supposed to kick on if it detects an "English-speaking" IP address.

Just some things to think about. Thank you.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:34 pm

Can you provide more in depth details of how the actions you guys have taken have affected the EU server?

Can you provide us with the number of characters transferred from the EU server to the SEA server since it became available?

Although there is still a queue, is there any data showing that Chinese activity in the EU server has slowed?

Any other data would be appreciated.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:36 pm

Nice will try it out tomorrow… any news on pvp server? :D
Orky Sulfuron Champion

Luqj

Post by Luqj » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:00 am

Dear turtle teams, I am a player from China.
Please consider to cancel this strict and even unfair rule after no so many queues or a certain time. Especially we found we still need to queue even there is enough rooms in the realm last night restart(only 6k online).
We indeed understand the original English players’ frustrations and disappointments of the flooding CN players, besides the pure players(like us),there are many making-money studios and gold farmers, canceling hanzi support will make them go, the noob areas are much quiet now. We pure players only want to play games, mostly 1~2 hours per day, why do not go back to CN realms? Because we suffered a lot in the past time, future maybe but at this stage we don’t.

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:25 am

Luqj wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:00 am
Please consider to cancel this strict and even unfair rule after no so many queues or a certain time. Especially we found we still need to queue even there is enough rooms in the realm last night restart(only 6k online).
We indeed understand the original English players’ frustrations and disappointments of the flooding CN players, besides the pure players(like us),there are many making-money studios and gold farmers, canceling hanzi support will make them go, the noob areas are much quiet now. We pure players only want to play games, mostly 1~2 hours per day, why do not go back to CN realms? Because we suffered a lot in the past time, future maybe but at this stage we don’t.
Unfair? You know what is unfair? That the Chinese are going to have 3 Realms for themself yet they still feel as if they have some kind of ownership of the European realm.

You can remain and play, no one will force you away from the Realm but the priority should be with the people that do not have 3 server for themself.

Luqj

Post by Luqj » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:43 am

Karrados wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:25 am
Luqj wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:00 am
Unfair? You know what is unfair? That the Chinese are going to have 3 Realms for themself yet they still feel as if they have some kind of ownership of the European realm.

You can remain and play, no one will force you away from the Realm but the priority should be with the people that do not have 3 server for themself.
Dude, the opening new realms is because of large CN players and its commercial reason. Turtles want to open another English realm but mostly of you deny it. What I said is why we need to queue even if the realm has rooms? Can’t we say it is unfair? We also spent time and money for this realm.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:48 am

Hello, dev team.
I am an Asian player but no a chinese, but a Southeast asian, and have been playing in Turtle over a year long before mass chinese migration. I have been part of EU community and i cannot speak chinese.
I am curious how my ques will be affected by this. Or will I still get 'asian' treatment.
Been a big fun of your work so far anyway. Thanks.

Melons222222

Post by Melons222222 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 5:18 am

One suggestion, if you Turtlewow Team could create the queue mechanism by ordering it with account players level sum?
such us: one account has two players, level 60 and level 25. And it will got total level 85 in queue.
No doubtly, my suggestion is just one way in your complex queue system parameters.
And if there are twowers who own many accounts, they could bind two account together at most, then only one of them can be online at same time.

Neologin

Post by Neologin » Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:12 am

Jolikmc wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:14 pm
There is no solution to this problem that isn't extreme, but extreme solutions come with extreme consequences. With the vague wording of the post, it sounds like this new system sounds like it could unfairly punish players purely based on their region. Therefore, I have many questions.

Firstly, if it specifically looks for an "English-speaking" IP address, what's to stop anyone from spoofing their country via VPN software to get an "English-speaking country" spot in the new queue? Is there something in the software that can somehow detect VPN? If so, how does that affect the VPN user's connection to the server? Me, personally? I'd consider mass-blocking all VPNs, or at least put people using them into a "low priority" queue of some kind. But I mean, not every VPN can even be detected (allegedly), so…

Also, what countries or regions are affected by this new change? There are plenty of players who speak perfect English, but live outside of what one would consider "English-speaking countries". Some of these players even interact with the community, right here on these forums, and are very lovely people.

Lastly… how does the new system work with the "veteran player" queue system? Does it stack? I'd imagine it would have to, considering this new queue is supposed to kick on if it detects an "English-speaking" IP address.

Just some things to think about. Thank you.
Of course, using VPN can deceive verification,no doubt

Sunsdude

Post by Sunsdude » Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:32 am

Luqj wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:43 am
What I said is why we need to queue even if the realm has rooms?
What queue? Yesterday right after restart the server was instantly full at 10k people with 1.5k queue and it persisted for some time. Didn't take a screenshot, but when the server pop was around 7k, '.s info' showed queue of around 30-40 people. The system is probably bugged and you are rightfully annoyed, but wasn't it something bearable?

Also, you are not restricted from playing on eu realm.

Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly » Mon Sep 18, 2023 8:02 am

I think the queue rework works well. I managed to log in instantly, even though .server info said 260 were queued.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:06 am

maybe just limit it to china, because there's a lot of expats and just non-chinese that integrate well with the western communities.

Mativh

Post by Mativh » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:28 am

Excellent, thank you for the update. satisfied_turtle
The dev team is overcoming challenges that nobody expected in a very skillful and rational manner, it is all a great feat needless to say. It was done when the time was right, neither sooner nor later.
As will be any further steps that will ensure the integrity (& prosperity) of Turtle WoW, as it has always been, I'm certain.
Last edited by Mativh on Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Holyhorrorr

Post by Holyhorrorr » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:43 am

It works like a charm it seems <3

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:57 am

I am asian but I log in fine because I live in America so there is nothing racist about the queue.

Matheusribef

Post by Matheusribef » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:11 am

Awesome!!! I was wondering why i got in game so fast today, then i came to the forum and saw this post... Now everything is clear :)

But it makes sense though, Asia has 4 server while we got one, so thats fair enough to do a prior queue for us and avoid overpopulation on EU realm due to high queues on Asia. But i hope the 2 new servers fix this overpopulation in Asia so we all can play :)

Zvhdd

Post by Zvhdd » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:15 am

There's a simple solution to this:

Run an English test before each login.
This would perfectly serve the purpose to ban non-English speaking users unhappy_turtle_head

And also rank the queue priority based on Toefl score turtle_in_love_head

Fakyr

Post by Fakyr » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:47 am

Im from southamerica but wans't having problems with the english and lag, but after last night's patch my acc was blocked and I don't know why . . .
Edit; my acc was "restored" now Im having queues of 150 people(that I never have) but thats good sad_turtle

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:57 am

Update!
Despite living in Southeast Asian country, I was able to log in pretty quickly this evening which haven't happen for quite a while. Thanks, devs!

Piccadilly

Post by Piccadilly » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:10 pm

Zvhdd wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:15 am
There's a simple solution to this:

Run an English test before each login.
This would perfectly serve the purpose to ban non-English speaking users unhappy_turtle_head

And also rank the queue priority based on Toefl score turtle_in_love_head
Than can be outsmarted pretty easily with a translator or ChatGPT.

Choosingname

Post by Choosingname » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:10 pm

Lithonil wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:33 pm
A welcome change. Keep up the good work.
+1
Bultago - 60 Paladin Tank/Healer
Vadrik - 60 Warrior Tank/DPS (Current Main)

Hamalam

Post by Hamalam » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:32 pm

HYPE! This is nice to hear :)
Greetings from Ham(da)(the)... (warr) (getter) (etc..)

GIT GUD

Caixianlee

Post by Caixianlee » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:37 pm

i come from middle east sad_turtle_head
which serve should i go?

Harkus

Post by Harkus » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:41 pm

Caixianlee wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:37 pm
i come from middle east sad_turtle_head
which serve should i go?
Assuming you speak English, EU :D

Mynamewastaken

Post by Mynamewastaken » Mon Sep 18, 2023 2:01 pm

The new system works great! 👍