3k queue, need for a fresh server.

Whatever99

3k queue, need for a fresh server.

Post by Whatever99 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:29 am

Title says it all. Estimated time 2 hours to log in.

Interest in the server is great, but the server is clearly overcrowded and even Chinese server won't solve this.

Fresh server is the solution.

Darktifa

Re: 3k queue, need for a fresh server.

Post by Darktifa » Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:48 am

how many more threads about the same subject?
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Sun Aug 13, 2023 12:15 pm

HC Only server most logical solution imo.

Shroudedsoul

Post by Shroudedsoul » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:00 pm

Yeah. A HC only server might be the best solution, imo.

Getwild

Post by Getwild » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:45 pm

New server pls!

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:51 pm

3k? No, it's 3k, then you'll be laggin, you'll be kicked out of the game and it'll be 4k.

Islandripper

Post by Islandripper » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:02 pm

honestly if they put up more servers i would pay a sub

Islandripper

Post by Islandripper » Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:47 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:48 am
endless until the deves do something not all of us have the luxury of being able to sit and wait an hour to play a game all day some of us only have an hour to play a game

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:38 pm

Islandripper wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:47 pm
Darktifa wrote:
endless until the deves do something not all of us have the luxury of being able to sit and wait an hour to play a game all day some of us only have an hour to play a game
Then don't, nobody is begging you to play. Don't misunderstand it as I'm chasing you away, but the developers don't own you anything so don't act entitled.

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:36 pm

Islandripper wrote:
Darktifa wrote:
We are actively developing the Asia regional realm and working to improve the situation. Realms cannot be put up in a day, even if we want them to be up immediately.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:53 pm

To be fair, even someone like me, who has never hosted a public server before, could put up a realm / server in one day. Would it be "acceptably functional"? Debatable. But, it can be done. turtle_tongue_head
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:04 am

Jolikmc wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:53 pm
To be fair, even someone like me, who has never hosted a public server before, could put up a realm / server in one day. Would it be "acceptably functional"? Debatable. But, it can be done. turtle_tongue_head
To be fair, also according to you, who has never hosted a public server before or know the costs of running a 10k+ server, 2 servers will cost the same amount of time/energy/money to run as running 2 servers...

Logic at its finest!
Czasku wrote:
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:49 am

Darktifa wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:04 am
To be fair, also according to you, who has never hosted a public server before or know the costs of running a 10k+ server, 2 servers will cost the same amount of time/energy/money to run as running 2 servers...
Good thing he never said that.
Darktifa wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:04 am
Logic at its finest!
Pot, kettle, etc.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:44 am

Jolikmc wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:53 pm
Setting up instance of vMangos is probably quick action. Problem is that this is not enough.
There are a lot of administrative work to make it run smoothly and to actually solve overpopulation issue.

People might keep playing old main overpopulated server. You need to open character transfer from realm to realm. If it will be done manually, then it is insane amount of work. Otherwise, it should be done via some web page. Making such page, testing it and integrating it to main site will take some time.
Other problem might be "all leveling players moved to other realm". New server gets overcrowded and old gets empty.
If amount of transferred characters will be limited, then some guilds would not be transferred fully and their static raids could be ruined.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:45 am

Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:49 am
Good thing he never said that.
Are you sure about that?
You know, we might be talking about it somewhere in this forum...
Czasku wrote:

Geojak
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Geojak » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:59 pm

Hardcore only sever makes most sense and does not even require translation work or new client.

We can have turtle-China, turtle-rp-pve and turtle-hc

But with every server comes more cost, more work keep running, more staff required and more work by leader to controlle the staff which means they got even less time to just work on some passion project.

It becomes soo professional to the point its a job. A real business and not just a little private server fun.

So I can understand why devs might be reluctant and prefer to just let the queue handle to overpopulation by itself.

Its a touch situation.
And a straight forward, devious solution is a priority login queue like 2b2t minecrsft.

When in queue You can optionally spent 5 turtle token to be put in front of everyone else in the queue that didn't do the same thing.

Its almaot like a sub. Devs get money without needing to make a new server which is work they might not enjoy in their free time unlike developing content.

players that pay get in faster than players, that don't , those wait even longer since it would be unequal.

Nothing is perfect. Just brainstorming

Szalord

Post by Szalord » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:45 am

Geojak wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:59 pm
Hardcore only sever makes most sense and does not even require translation work or new client.
Had this discussion multiple times already on discord and whatnot. An HC-only server is a bad idea and would not work, here's why:
- Only a small fraction of HC players actually dive into Inferno, an HC-only server implies automatically Inferno -> the population will be very small. Besides, Blizzard's hardcore servers are coming out, so those wanting to do that might simply go there.
- If you suggest "remove HC upon reaching 60 as we have it now" as a feature of the HC server, that also would not work - you cannot have softcore level 60 players on a server without having lower level softcore players too due to economic ramifications - there has to be low level components / items available on the AH / for trade.
- In both cases above, the endgame community would be so small it could be pretty much non-existent.
- Turtle wow's hardcore success actually comes from its smooth integration into a normal server with normal communities. The fact that HC players occasionally steal tags and can't be grouped up with seems like a fairly mild inconvenience in the grand scheme of things currently, the overpopulation is rather THE big problem.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:51 am

Szalord wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:45 am
Geojak wrote:
Had this discussion multiple times already on discord and whatnot. An HC-only server is a bad idea and would not work, here's why:
- Only a small fraction of HC players actually dive into Inferno, an HC-only server implies automatically Inferno -> the population will be very small. Besides, Blizzard's hardcore servers are coming out, so those wanting to do that might simply go there.
- If you suggest "remove HC upon reaching 60 as we have it now" as a feature of the HC server, that also would not work - you cannot have softcore level 60 players on a server without having lower level softcore players too due to economic ramifications - there has to be low level components / items available on the AH / for trade.
- In both cases above, the endgame community would be so small it could be pretty much non-existent.
- Turtle wow's hardcore success actually comes from its smooth integration into a normal server with normal communities. The fact that HC players occasionally steal tags and can't be grouped up with seems like a fairly mild inconvenience in the grand scheme of things currently, the overpopulation is rather THE big problem.
you would be inferno at 60 with an optional automated free trasnder to the regular server

Szalord

Post by Szalord » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:11 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:51 am
you would be inferno at 60 with an optional automated free trasnder to the regular server
Ok, so the question is then: what's the percentage of hardcore players from the overall playerbase on Turtle right now? And then, what's the percentage of that percentage of players going Inferno? My take is it's extremely small, to the point where there's no way a meaningful community can be made from that many players, at least not for a very long time. I also assume the hardcore players who want to play until Immortal only (which is the vast majority of them) are going to stay on the main server, so nothing will change really.

And then, the other question would be: how would that solve any of the overpopulation issue at all that we have currently? I don't think it will.

I get why some people like you would want an HC-only server, especially the Inferno enjoyers, but this is separate from the queues and overpopulation issues. The goalpost is different and needs its own thread / discussions.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:37 am

Szalord wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:11 am
And then, what's the percentage of that percentage of players going Inferno?
Some time ago there were a thread with statistics collected from armory viewtopic.php?p=38372 It is like 1% from all harcores or several hundreds people were at 59 lvl.
So I agree that HC-only server mean that top levels will be empty.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Slyze

Post by Slyze » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:16 pm

Geojak wrote:

We can have turtle-China, turtle-rp-pve and turtle-hc

But with every server comes more cost, more work keep running, more staff required and more work by leader to controlle the staff which means they got even less time to just work on some passion project.

It becomes soo professional to the point its a job. A real business and not just a little private server fun.

So I can understand why devs might be reluctant and prefer to just let the queue handle to overpopulation by itself.

Its a touch situation.
And a straight forward, devious solution is a priority login queue like 2b2t minecrsft.

When in queue You can optionally spent 5 turtle token to be put in front of everyone else in the queue that didn't do the same thing.

Its almaot like a sub. Devs get money without needing to make a new server which is work they might not enjoy in their free time unlike developing content.

players that pay get in faster than players, that don't , those wait even longer since it would be unequal.

Nothing is perfect. Just brainstorming
Chinese are overtaking the server like they did to everlook HC server will not solver the problem at all

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:50 am

As long as they stick to the rules. English only in public channels and Asian server is coming anyway

Hamalam

Post by Hamalam » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:36 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Many, that's the only way moderators and devs listen to us. They're too busy licking Chinese's boots.
Greetings from Ham(da)(the)... (warr) (getter) (etc..)

GIT GUD

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:36 pm

Whatever99 wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 11:29 am
Title says it all. Estimated time 2 hours to log in.

Interest in the server is great, but the server is clearly overcrowded and even Chinese server won't solve this.

Fresh server is the solution.
New realm will most certainly loosen the tension.

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:51 pm

I do believe the asian realm will help loosen the tension.

Ponchik147852

Post by Ponchik147852 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:03 pm

need to close access to creating new accounts, soon the queue will be 5k, it's impossible to play

Islandripper

Post by Islandripper » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:24 pm

Akalix wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:36 pm
Islandripper wrote:
Darktifa wrote:
We are actively developing the Asia regional realm and working to improve the situation. Realms cannot be put up in a day, even if we want them to be up immediately.
Time to enjoy the outside world I guess it was a fun server while it lasted. You know what they say good things never last. Let me quote the late great Confucius for you "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without

Islandripper

Post by Islandripper » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:26 pm

Akalix wrote:
Islandripper wrote:
Darktifa wrote:
Time to enjoy the outside world I guess it was a fun server while it lasted waiting and hour to play a game is ridiculous your going to lose all your people like this. You know what they say good things never last, let me quote the late great Confucius for you "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without" .

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:01 pm

Islandripper wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:26 pm
Akalix wrote:
Islandripper wrote:

Time to enjoy the outside world I guess it was a fun server while it lasted waiting and hour to play a game is ridiculous your going to lose all your people like this. You know what they say good things never last, let me quote the late great Confucius for you "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without" .
How do you lose all people when you literally, suffer from toooo many people hence a queue.

Mecanno

Post by Mecanno » Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:20 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:01 pm
Islandripper wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:26 pm
Akalix wrote:

How do you lose all people when you literally, suffer from toooo many people hence a queue.
You lose the Turtle community. Alot of (new) players are foreign people that are not participating in the English Turtle community. They all flock together in their own guilds, not talking in party's, raids or in the world it self. I dont think you should exclude people, but it's annoying to see a (big) part of the population are not participating with other people. I loved it to have a chat with random people while leveling up or helping each other with quests and dungueons etc., now alot of these guys say nothing in chat, kinda sad really.

Xkertoip

Post by Xkertoip » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:02 pm

Guys, i don't think that you actually need asian-pro realm. If you open it then you would have 2 crushed realms. I saw similar situation at project named "everlook". They'll take over both realms. Btw Everlook still works and there is a video review which shows how much people are playing with name that starts with "xiao" - little spoiler - 8k+, where at the very beginning this server couldn't handle 5k people at once. Pls guys, don't ruin this server, i really love it. Try consider other option than giving them finger, because they'll take whole server.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Aug 24, 2023 4:25 pm

Just outlaw Chinese character usage on the English Server after the other sever is up. Just auto mute. They can either move to Asian server or integrate into the international English community. Until then we kinda have to deal with it.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:12 pm

Szalord wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:11 am
Geojak wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:51 am
I also assume the hardcore players who want to play until Immortal only (which is the vast majority of them) are going to stay on the main server
I'm one of them, best decision ever!

Azuladrip

Post by Azuladrip » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:40 pm

Xkertoip wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:02 pm
Guys, i don't think that you actually need asian-pro realm. If you open it then you would have 2 crushed realms. I saw similar situation at project named "everlook". They'll take over both realms. Btw Everlook still works and there is a video review which shows how much people are playing with name that starts with "xiao" - little spoiler - 8k+, where at the very beginning this server couldn't handle 5k people at once. Pls guys, don't ruin this server, i really love it. Try consider other option than giving them finger, because they'll take whole server.
I suspect that's exactly what will happen here, too. Since, I don't know how to break it to people, it isn't just non-Chinese sitting in those long-ass queues. If anything, I'm willing to bet there's more Chinese people waiting in queue to play than non-Chinese. When the Chinese server comes up, they'll probably just dominate both at the same time. Proof of this is the fact that almost every Chinese poster on the forums says they don't want to move and play on a Chinese-only server.

So don't get your hopes up. The Turtle team has probably made more money from the Chinese players in this last month with cash shop items than they have in their entire run with the Western player base till now. They have 0 incentive to screw over the Chinese players for our sake.

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hctwowfan » Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:52 pm

Xkertoip wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:02 pm
Communication is key. I'd really like to have a definitive yes or no from the devs, are you going to forcefully remove chinese players from the server and move them to there own server? Because if the answer is no, I'd at least know that it's pointless to keep "playing". No need to hold on hope that the lags and lack of community will get any better in a few months.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Libbi Hazaru Lenymo Oronil