Patch 1.17.0 — Beyond the Greymane Wall

Porkiller

Re: Patch 1.16.6 — Work in progress!

Post by Porkiller » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:47 pm

im hc too, thank God I was resting

Porkiller

Post by Porkiller » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:59 pm

can anyone join the server? Or does everyone fail?

Pett

Post by Pett » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:02 pm

Discord says it should be up shortly. Here's hoping I'm still alive.

Porkiller

Post by Porkiller » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:10 pm

Pett wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:02 pm
Discord says it should be up shortly. Here's hoping I'm still alive.
are you alive? ))

Pett

Post by Pett » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:18 pm

I am!! Lol. I rezzed next to a gnoll with full health and mana and was fine, lol.

Cozy

Post by Cozy » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:01 pm

will shamans ever have racial totems??

Condabas

Post by Condabas » Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:06 pm

As long as Gilneas isn’t a port from retail, this sounds great!

Totuga

Post by Totuga » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:42 am

OMG Troll warlock!!!!!
You guys keep hitting perfection! turtle_in_love_head

Congrats to all the lore-friendly players who will now have a new option!

*extreme hype*

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:16 pm

Suggestion to make a saperate server for HC:
viewtopic.php?t=5473

State your opinions, friends.
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Ryo3000

Post by Ryo3000 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:46 pm

Any chance the debuff limits can be removed on this patch as well?

Aykhanchik

Post by Aykhanchik » Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:11 pm

Remmo87 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:16 pm
viewtopic.php?t=5473

NO
Zarathushtra - Priest

There are no cows in the water.

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:36 pm

Hope for rogue bugfixes and quality of life adjustments like s&d doesnt brake stealth, sap talent removing and make it as base ability doesnt brake stealth etc, every one class get something good but rogue, rogues get gamebreaking bugs and useless finisher.

Roa7175

Post by Roa7175 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:49 am

Skumbanana wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 1:06 pm
Reading some people's expectations for Turtle WoW scares me. Indeed, the retail-ization of WoW was truly driven by the community and its insatiable desire for bigger, shinier, and easier, not so much by corporation greed. I fear this will come to Turtle someday.
New races, new classes, new spells, new race/class combinations, new routes, make it bigger, easier, and make it fashionable to what I want! Everything that's unique about Turtle WoW will be lost to a homogenized and bland experience for all... And it will be our fault once again.
Lol. If you don't have expectations, goals, etc., then it's just going to be a stale, dull, boring game. With no changes, no new exciting stuff, what else is there to look forward too?

ANY game has to have new contents in the making unless it's a once-and-done type of game...

Roa7175

Post by Roa7175 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:51 am

Remmo87 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:16 pm
viewtopic.php?t=5473

You want to divide the playerbase and make the game feel empty for either modes...? Lol.

Roa7175

Post by Roa7175 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:50 am

Hope the Hunter class for humans come out soon!

Healingrain

Post by Healingrain » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:15 am

Big fan of Troll Warlock. Out of all the Cataclysm race class combos it felt like one of the most justified and flavour appropriate. Half the troll NPCs in the game be hexxin and cursing mon.

Any news on the Shaman/Paladin buff stacking? It's a massive thorn in the side of what is the least played class in the game because it effectively means you can't play your class in any group PVE content with Paladins just because their buffs are so much more convenient.

Shamans are probably the worst class not named Warrior to solo with, playing well with others is kind of what the class is about and it massively impacts my enjoyment of the game.

Grifan

Post by Grifan » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:38 am

Hello guys, glad to see u all :)

paladins got their buff and became just cheaters, and shamans in the ench branch are still poorly playable in pvp and pve.

please do something with this, there are a lot of ideas in the class forum. a third in the thread of this topic are asked to strengthen the shamans :)

have a nice day, everyone! :)

Pitlordx

Post by Pitlordx » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:50 pm

i wanna Tauren rogue !

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:42 pm

I wanna rogue bugfixes and adjustments and high elf druid with linx cat form))

Andromath

Post by Andromath » Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:48 pm

Feomatar wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:42 pm
high elf druid with linx cat form))
Sounds awesome. Give Night Elves mages in exchange. Over on the Horde, Trolls could learn Druidism, and maybe toss mage to whichever race lacks it. Pretty sure Goblins can be mages... does that leave only Tauren?

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:36 pm

I think NElf is the one race that really shouldn't have Mages. Not being big fans of the arcane is kind of a whole "thing" for them.

Andromath

Post by Andromath » Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:45 pm

Kefke wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 8:36 pm
I think NElf is the one race that really shouldn't have Mages. Not being big fans of the arcane is kind of a whole "thing" for them.
Hrmn... Well, that certainly is fair. I suppose it's not as if High Elves got a class from humans in exchange for teaching them how to be Hunters.

Roa7175

Post by Roa7175 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:39 am

Also, would be quite nice if the minimum range distance for bows/xbows were to be removed so that if people want to play shooting only, they can with hunters.

I want to play Hunters for their bows/xbows, not to melee when enemies gets within a few meters of me. It's kind of silly to think that hunters can't shoot targets within a few meters of them lol.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:05 am

Roa7175 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:39 am
Also, would be quite nice if the minimum range distance for bows/xbows were to be removed so that if people want to play shooting only, they can with hunters.

I want to play Hunters for their bows/xbows, not to melee when enemies gets within a few meters of me. It's kind of silly to think that hunters can't shoot targets within a few meters of them lol.
Melee weaving and the separate timers on ranged and melee wep is one of the best features of classic hunter. This is what gives the class so much power and versatility and makes it fun to play. Embrace it - it is a good thing. Do not fight it!

Roa7175

Post by Roa7175 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:18 am

Shamma wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:05 am

Melee weaving and the separate timers on ranged and melee wep is one of the best features of classic hunter. This is what gives the class so much power and versatility and makes it fun to play. Embrace it - it is a good thing. Do not fight it!
These kinds of things are pretty subjective which is why I wish for there to be more options where you can toggle whatever kind of playstyle you want.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:16 am

Eightysixed wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:14 pm
New Class? Or Class and race combinations?
Undead Druids

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:21 am

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:16 am
Eightysixed wrote:
Undead Druids
Would undead druids turn into undead animals?

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:17 pm

Kefke wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:21 am
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:16 am
Eightysixed wrote:
Undead Druids
Would undead druids turn into undead animals?
Would be cool. Instead of nature damage, they do shadow damage? I always thought it would be a cool thing to play with RP wise. Could use assets from animals in places like Felwood where they have cuts and such falling off on their character model.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:12 pm

Roa7175 wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:18 am
Shamma wrote:

These kinds of things are pretty subjective which is why I wish for there to be more options where you can toggle whatever kind of playstyle you want.
This is a MMO, not a single player game. You can't just add toggles for everything.
Deadzone is a necessary balancing factor for hunters, hunters that have received hefty buffs here and are already in the overpowered territory.

Aeliren

Post by Aeliren » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:57 pm

Karrados wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:58 am
You guys do know the lore about Gilneas, right? The whole "Infected Soldiers that returned past the wall and the gate?"

Unless they are planning to add a capital Alliance hub right next to Undercity, which would horrible both for storytelling and Faction "Fairness", It will be a hostile zone with Worgen spread all over.
Actually, that's only canon in retail. Arugal was a Gilnean mage who helped Genn Greymane by summoning the worgen to aid the defenders of the Greymane Wall that occasionally ventured out to cull undead, but the curse was infectious and the worgen spread across the troops, and later across Gilneas and its people.

In Classic, prior to the changes in Cataclysm, there was only complete radio silence from Gilneas. All that's known is that Genn Greymane shut his gates because he really disliked Terenas, Lordaeron, and the fact that they put the orcs into internment camps rather than killing them; they're also hosting Isiden Perenolde, nephew of Aiden Perenolde and cousin of Aliden Perenolde. Arugal is merely a former Kirin Tor wizard and entirely unconnected from Gilneas, thus he wouldn't have exposed Gilneans to the worgen. Furthermore, the worgen curse is not infectious; Arugal is capable of summoning them to Azeroth and turning people into worgen thanks to his knowledge of Urs' research, but that is entirely derived from his own abilities as an archmage and not from any contagion within the worgen themselves.

If anything, Gilneas would be at its strongest in Turtle WoW. As Pyrewood and Ambermill aren't Gilnean territory and Darius Crowley may not even exist, there would be no Northgate Rebellion to sow division amongst the people. Without the factors that led to the worgen curse and its retcon into contagiousness, no worgen running amok the countryside aside from whatever goes through the soon-to-be-opened gate. There's no Cataclysm wrecking their coastline, sinking an entire town and a good amount of arable lands. There's no heavily militarized Forsaken barging down through their gates and landing on their shores. Without disaster after disaster hitting them within such a short span of time, Gilneas would logically be in its strongest iteration in Turtle WoW, though obviously there must be something happening there given that the gates will soon open and we'll be venturing in.
Characters:
Coilspring - 60 gnome hunter
Megwynn - 60 human rogue

Suggestions:
Pyrewood Village Suggestions
Hunter Epic Ammo Pouch Suggestion

Roa7175

Post by Roa7175 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:28 am

Gantulga wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:12 pm
Roa7175 wrote:
Shamma wrote:

This is a MMO, not a single player game. You can't just add toggles for everything.
Deadzone is a necessary balancing factor for hunters, hunters that have received hefty buffs here and are already in the overpowered territory.
What does it being mmo or single player have to do with anything...? And of course you can, toggles is just a saying. I'm talking about more options.

I don't see how it's a necessary balancing factor at all. Other classes are able to attack at close range, mages are able to cast spell at close range, etc., and you're telling me hunters can't shoot at close range because it's "OP"...? That's silly.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:01 am

Roa7175 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:28 am
I don't see how it's a necessary balancing factor at all. Other classes are able to attack at close range, mages are able to cast spell at close range, etc., and you're telling me hunters can't shoot at close range because it's "OP"...? That's silly.
Hunters can't shoot at close range because its their class design coming from tabletop RPGs where you can't effectively shoot in melee range. Mages too can't effectively cast frostbolts etc at close range because of pushback mechanics.
Blizz implemented other way for hunters and it is good. Not everyone should have same range mechanic.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Massie2

Post by Massie2 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:35 am

Xudo wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:01 am
pushback mechanics.
Ice Barrier, and the fact they have multiple strong instant casts that dont have deadzones? Melee range is not a Mage's weakspot lmao.

Auto Shoot from Hunters literally has pushback too (have a second mob hitting you, and you will notice the delay).

There's also a difference between a non-optimal range (Frost Mage in melee), and a disabled range. There is literally a sweetspot in the deadzone where you can neither use melee nor ranged attack.

The only reason I'm against removing deadzone, is because Trueshot has lobotomized the average hunter player as is, causing them to get lazy and stand still and mash the button and ignore mechanics (moving out of Rain of Fire).
Without deadzone, it will invite the average hunter to just sit still and facetank a mob they ripped aggro from and continue building threat, it will build terrible habits.
There needs to be some counter balance, like a talent that lets you choose between stationary Trueshot bot, or trading Trueshot for No Deadzone (+ Traps in Combat).

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:11 pm

Roa7175 wrote:
Shamma wrote:

Dude. There are different classes to play! Enabling all kinds of different playstyles! Do not enable them all on the damn hunters! They have THEIR playstyle. U want another playstyle - play a different class! It is not like there is lack of different classes.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:01 pm

Roa7175 wrote:
What does it being mmo or single player have to do with anything...? And of course you can, toggles is just a saying. I'm talking about more options.
You're not playing alone, you're playing with and against other players. Gameplay balance is of paramount importance in a game like this and everybody has to play under the same rules for things to be fair.
Roa7175 wrote:
Deadzone is the sole balancing factor of hunter in PvP and its removal would be catastrophic. In PvE it adds some depth to a class that's extremely simple to play and be effective with. You have melee and kiting abilities for a reason, use them.