Stop PVP Honor Decay at the 0% of your current rank

Ugoboom

Stop PVP Honor Decay at the 0% of your current rank

Post by Ugoboom » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:08 pm

So the PVP ranking system is well known for being completely hostile to people's time and all. People propose radical cahnges, the TBC system, this and that and whatnot... which would all fix the big issues but risk leaving others unhappy with the replacement system.

The biggest problem, as we know, is that if you intend to reach a rank, you need to completely set aside your life for 2-4 months when climbing.

This problem would be immensely mitigated, if honor decay never took you below the 0% of your current rank, like if you were 10% through rank 13, you would only drop to 0% rank 13.

People could choose to rank early on in spurts of 1 week, a few weeks to a month, or still go full degenerate. But the key is that people would be able to pause without losing more than just a little progress. This keeps the system intact almost to a tee, but yeah mitigates its worst issue and allows high rankers to actually have a possibility of taking a break many times down the line.

This also allows people to stay their highest rank for the title which they have rightfully earned, and show it off in their title instead of just their gear.

When this system is implemented, a one time update of everyone's rank to their highest on record should be performed. Someone who got rank 14 should be r14 forever, for the title and for purchasing more of the gear. There's no reason people should feel compelled to buy like 5 copies of their weapons "just in case" they ever need them later, nah, those items should remain permanently unlocked for the character.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Geojak
Has liked: 13 times

Re: Stop PVP Honor Decay at the 0% of your current rank

Post by Geojak » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:21 pm

Duplicate of viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2902&p=18152&hilit=Cap#p18152 from last April.

People wanted it back then and still want it

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:36 pm

Ah burried in a reply. Lets see what people think about this as a main thread.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Artofwill

Post by Artofwill » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:13 pm

+1 This makes sense to me.

Ashstache

Post by Ashstache » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:40 am

+1 no brainer

Spitfire33

Post by Spitfire33 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:17 am

Yes mon

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:19 am

I think outright replacing honor decay with just a massively increased total points amount would be better.

The proposed solution still requires you to be in the top brackets for the week if you want to make the jump from 12 to 13 or from 13 to 14. Since otherwise you dont overcome the decay for the week

Sure you can wait until your holidays with this solution, but it still requires you to play unhealthy amounts of pvp eventually

Artofwill

Post by Artofwill » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:44 pm

I think that's a fair trade off for basically the top end gear of the game. Or it would come too easly and trivialize not only the PVP grind but the PVE as well.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:50 am

This would be a good change.

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:49 am

Artofwill wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:44 pm
Kairion wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:19 am
...it still requires you to play unhealthy amounts of pvp eventually
I think that's a fair trade off for basically the top end gear of the game. Or it would come too easly and trivialize not only the PVP grind but the PVE as well.
You don't have to step aside your life to get t2/aq40 gear. You can log in raid time. The only problem is consistency in attendance.
PvP is whole different thing. You have to put all your life and you say it is fair tradeoff. It is not fair, comparing to PvE career.

I never tried to do all this ranking stuff and will never do because I don't have 2-4 month fulltime timeslot to invest in it.
I could try if PvP will be like raiding. I mean:
1. Clear PvP path from level 10 to level 60 without need to do quests and legwork in the world. Instant 60 servers don't appeal to me for some reason.
2. Some way to be prepared to 60 battlegrounds only by PvP without dungeons as main source of PvP gear. I don't prepare for raiding by doing warsong.
3. Honor session at specific time of day and time of week. Something like "raid time" but for PvP to limit amount of time investment during a week. I have a job which require my constant attention. I am out of ranking competition at all if other will be able to farm honor when I do my real world duties.

This suggestion will change almost nothing. PvP will be played by same people, who can invest a lot of hours during a day to farm honor.

Why do you need to change it somehow? Playing unhealthy amount of time could be normal for some people. Whole game should appeal to different types of players: for whose with little time and for whose with much time.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Axoc

Post by Axoc » Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:55 am

Based
+1

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:40 am

I completely agree. If you earned the title you should be allowed to keep it no matter what.

Gutsngrits

Post by Gutsngrits » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:49 am

+1