please make way to obtain world boss loots

Alrighty2

please make way to obtain world boss loots

Post by Alrighty2 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:38 pm

the world boss route just to gatekeeping for a great community like turtle wow. and having BIS( something that one class can't easily bypass) on a world boss(usually getting locked down buy the same 1-2 guilds for the past 1-2 years). adding an alternated version of 3-8% weaker version would be fine, as long as you can obtain them in a plan ahead way(like guild event , crafting ,pug raid , trash drop/farm ,etc)

Gantulga

Re: please make way to obtain world boss loots

Post by Gantulga » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:11 am

I agree to this, more so since there's some BiS custom loot on the custom world bosses.

It sucks to have them gatekept by the same couple guilds 24/7.

How about some system which lets you summon world bosses through materials, and it saves the whole raid to that boss for a couple weeks? This way the camping guilds still get to kill them much more often but everybody else may get a kill now and then.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:22 am

Make World bosses respawn every 1h. BUT make it so that their loot respawns on the same schedule as it does now. Meaning if you kill the world boss before its loot has respawned - he drops nothing.

The campers will not know when the loot has respawned and will have to either kill it every hour - obviously not going to happen as they will basically need to be in game 24/7 - or just stop camping and kill them once or twice per day and if they get loot - ok, if not, maybe the next grp will. Similar to like how u gather your guild and do a MC bindings run which usually ends up being a waste of time, cos no bindings dropped.

Some ppl never get experience those fights, and some of them are interesting. What if you just want to do the fight with your guild every now and then because u want a guild event or something?

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:09 am

The "oh he's up" rush is kind of a cool thing tho if you are in one of the guilds that puts in the effort to track them.

Id rathr try to give alternate ways to get towards the boss and the loot. If you could summon them with some rare ingredients with a much shorter cooldown or wait for the normal spawn it would give another avenue of approach. Kinda like how cow king works. Except maybr using purpose built items instead

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:07 am

Kairion wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 7:09 am
The "oh he's up" rush is kind of a cool thing tho if you are in one of the guilds that puts in the effort to track them.

Id rathr try to give alternate ways to get towards the boss and the loot. If you could summon them with some rare ingredients with a much shorter cooldown or wait for the normal spawn it would give another avenue of approach. Kinda like how cow king works. Except maybr using purpose built items instead
Yes, it is cool, but if no pugs ever get in those raids, too few ppl experience this cool thing and it is not their fault for not getting in. My suggestion is mostly meant as "FU gatekeepers". On classic world bosses were camped. But the raids that killed them included at least 50% PUGs. I got to kill them all at least twice w/o being a part of the guild organizing the raids - just by being online and ready to go.

Massie2

Post by Massie2 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:39 am

Add an incentive for pumper guilds to take along pugs. Something like scaling the amount of loot (and hp) with the amount of people within 50y of the boss.
Though should add a rule that you can't just multibox and park 10 chars per player to inflate loot count.

The flaw with Wbosses is primarily that casual players dont even know they exist, and don't have the leadership to host a raid on the spot (not to mention that posting a "LFM" for a Worldboss is just going to alert competent guilds to form up and kill it before pugs are ready.

Unless a casual player joins one of the few guilds that specifically camp Wbosses, they have 0 hope for interaction. So my suggestion is offer those pumper guilds an incentive to take along pugs/more people than usual, which on the other side increases engagement for casual players.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:10 am

You do not want randoms in many of these encounters even for more loot. They do have punish mechanics such as the manabomb, the mushrooms or aggro reset + cleave can really ruin your group with just one or two weak players.

Also the raidsize in classic is limited to 40 people and you cant have multiple tags for multiple raids. The boss already dropps for 40 people even if killed wirh only 10. That would actually be a nerf to the loot drop amount.

With summon items, you can however organize them and schedule a pug raid for lets say saturday evening

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:34 am

Massie2 wrote:
Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:39 am
The flaw with Wbosses is primarily that casual players dont even know they exist, and don't have the leadership to host a raid on the spot (not to mention that posting a "LFM" for a Worldboss is just going to alert competent guilds to form up and kill it before pugs are ready.
This is 100% true. I've been on wboss stealing groups many times because of this.

Also pugs are gonna have a bunch of warmodes spreading the pvp plague. We'll just send our pvp squad on pug and lower raids until they leave. Fun for us but probably not for yall.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Wed Nov 16, 2022 7:24 am

Ugoboom wrote:
Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:34 am

This is 100% true. I've been on wboss stealing groups many times because of this.

Also pugs are gonna have a bunch of warmodes spreading the pvp plague. We'll just send our pvp squad on pug and lower raids until they leave. Fun for us but probably not for yall.
Ask for open world pvp with warmode and you shall receive

Xudo
Has liked: 47 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:22 am

Regarding "I want BiS, but my guild is not good enough to kill WB".
Git gud
You don't ask to nerf Naxx to get items from it.

I believe worldbosses was introduced to encourage world-PvP. But minmaxing people narrow it down to kill at the time they are up. Having full-scaled fight between factions for their rewards is cool. But reset cooldown nullified that attitude.

Silithus world-bosses were made much better to encourage world-pvp. You need much more time to prepare for the fight. It can be started at your guild raiding time instead on schedule. It is sad, that rewards are not BiS. Though, the fights are easier.

As a potential improvement for WB in context of encouraging world pvp, their killing time should be increased and their appearance should be more vocal. Probably with yell over the continent about their respawn.

WB also easy to spoil. They should be immune to taunt for a start. I spoiled WB before with that only skill.
It should not be possible to spoil 40 man world-boss fight with just group of men with taunt.
It is ok if party of rogues just slaughter all healers and raid get down. It can be countered with player skills.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:15 am

Encourage world pvp is a mute point for any PvE server and blizzard themself would hand out temporary suspensions for players ruining another factions kill on pve servers with trolltaunting, or dying intentionally to proc kazzak bomb or mushrooms.

On pvp servers it was common for the big guilds from both factions to exchange kills in orderly manner and just crush the outsiders and pugs. Not every guild did that but it definitely happened.

Either totally randomizing spawn times or announcing it before spawn to give pug groups a time to form.

But i think the main frustration has more to do that worldboss loot is bis or in some cases super unique/build defining.

As a player your only choice to get this loot is join a guild which watches & kills them regularly