Development Roadmap 2024-2025

Grizb37

Re: Development Roadmap 2024-2025

Post by Grizb37 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:32 am

Xudo wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:05 am
Grindplayertwo wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:50 am
Maybe turtle wow 2.0 is a fresh server with all the change from 7 years of dev.
I think it will be very good to have a new fresh with phase and all to really enjoying all the changes done.

Or even better, imagine them working in secret on a turtle port to 3.3.5 or 1.14 retail client for better compatibility, modding, support, and changes
I think it will be none of this.
Not another fresh. You saw how quick Tel'abim fresh died. Let's not make the same mistake.

Grindplayertwo

Post by Grindplayertwo » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:52 am

Imo Tel'Abim died because it's a PVP server.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:24 am

Grizb37 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:32 am
Xudo wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:05 am
Grindplayertwo wrote:
I think it will be very good to have a new fresh with phase and all to really enjoying all the changes done.

Or even better, imagine them working in secret on a turtle port to 3.3.5 or 1.14 retail client for better compatibility, modding, support, and changes
I think it will be none of this.
Not another fresh. You saw how quick Tel'abim fresh died. Let's not make the same mistake.
dead server...

Valadorn

Post by Valadorn » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:23 pm

I am still hoping for buffed rank 13-14 gear and new pvp gear from reputations :(

Deso5618

Post by Deso5618 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:20 pm

I think 2.0 Turtle is introduction to TBC, but in TWoW way. So no increasing max level, no new races etc. Well maybe about races i might be wrong.
50 lvl rogue. RETIRED.

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:27 pm

turtle 2.0 is all class specs viable in raid environment plus outland in classic settings(lvl 60cap)

Booth

Post by Booth » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:56 pm

I wipe plz!

Then take a good look at BGs! Dont do the same misstakes, BG when lvling should allways be fun, and there is absolutely more or less 0 BGs going 10-59! Why? because any ordinary lvling toon cant fight against overpowered twink gods. Its not fun and therefore no1 do them!

Blizzard had the same problem what did they do?
1. linked servers
2. xp in bgs
3. twinks had to play against other twinks¨
4. pvp gear

I do love turtle custom world! But i do get shitbored when i cant do BGs when i lvl! And when i am questing i do want to quest. I dont want someone 20 lvl over me, destroy the limited time i have! So when i do get to bored i go play some ascension. And shit so fun!

So why cant i have a great bg time in twow?

What i am hopeing for!
1. server wipe
2. Realease pve content i slow pace! If you want the new stuff the best then that last! Its more or less to much endgame raiding, why do xx today when yy is better loot.
3. Class changes! more fun plz vanilla wasnt fun
4. PVP gear. And when you do new uppgraded pve gear, then do the same for pvp!
5. XP in BGs and a loot box, i rather see some form of daily pvp quests. It can be so simple as win or enter.. but why not a for example capture 5 flags in AB..
6. I love the fact i can turn of xp.. but it shouldnt be allowed in BGs make that a pve feature.

Balake

Post by Balake » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:21 pm

Grindplayertwo wrote:

There is a fresh server, it's called the pvp server and it's at 500 pop.

All the other theories you mentioned are impossible

Rayken

Post by Rayken » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:26 pm

I don't see why Turtle 2.0 would be TBC. TBC as it was actually released is nothing like the lore from WoW/War3/War2. I think a lot of work would need to go into rebuilding parts of Draenor to actually match more closely to the original models and files that were in Vanilla WoW beneath Deadmines or whatever.

Grindplayertwo

Post by Grindplayertwo » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:47 pm

Balake wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:21 pm
Grindplayertwo wrote:

There is a fresh server, it's called the pvp server and it's at 500 pop.

All the other theories you mentioned are impossible
Players coming on Turtle WoW don't want PVP at all. They want discovering all new PVE / RP / quest / dungeons things and play Hardcore and/or Slow and Steady.

It was obvious a full PVP server will failled with Turtle WoW, but apparantly not from devs, who lost all their mind during last year and what their vision was.

Even HC players don't have a dedicate server with between 1k to 1k5 players since years... (but chinese : no problem, open 6 servers in a row for all of them and profit).
I guess they're all nearly full with so much players from those countries.

It's weird to call the end "Turtle WoW 2.0" if it could be a totaly new expansion of the game. Wait and See. A reboot server will have even more player than now and reseting economy is always a good thing with so old fully progress server.
Last edited by Grindplayertwo on Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:52 pm

What's the purpose of using the title "Turtle Wow 2.0", instead of just another patch name?
Is it essentially going to be a release with a far greater amount of additions than any of the previous patches, which is why it is being given special nomenclature?

Nett

Post by Nett » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:01 pm

Kanto123 wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:52 pm
What's the purpose of using the title "Turtle Wow 2.0", instead of just another patch name?
Is it essentially going to be a release with a far greater amount of additions than any of the previous patches, which is why it is being given special nomenclature?
Seems like an update to the game itself, when they said "not burning crusade" they mean not the game nor the expansion theme.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:48 am

Kanto123 wrote:
Usually the use of such a title implies some sort of major overhaul or something fundamental change. Otherwise, they'd have just said something like "On the horizon" or "Distant future" and listed similar items as per the other columns/sections.

So, what could be considered a major overhaul or a fundamental change? It's something that transcends all the examples of content in this roadmap and would probably take a lot of work! Here are a few ideas:

Terrain update - Major 'under the hood' reworks to the terrain across the entire map to sort out Vanilla's janky mob pathing and line of sight inconsistencies. Perhaps they might want to add more variety to the existing assets (e.g. caves).

Graphics update - I've heard that the Turtle team have gotten a few new people who are making new custom assets. Perhaps they might consider redoing some of the existing assets across all areas of the world? I think we can all think of plenty of places where the original WoW devs reused the same models (e.g. Lucifon/Gehannas/Sulfuron/Majordomo).

Client version update - Akalix has repeatedly said that updating the client to a more 'modern' one (3.3.5) is not in their current plans. It would be a ridiculous amount of work and only becomes more challenging as they keep adding content. However, I believe he also said that the TWoW team would choose a more 'modern' client if they could do it all again. So, given that the "Turtle WoW 2.0" is a long way away (after 2025), I actually think a client update might not be as unrealistic as people might think...

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:05 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:48 am
Kanto123 wrote:
Usually the use of such a title implies some sort of major overhaul or something fundamental change. Otherwise, they'd have just said something like "On the horizon" or "Distant future" and listed similar items as per the other columns/sections.

So, what could be considered a major overhaul or a fundamental change? It's something that transcends all the examples of content in this roadmap and would probably take a lot of work! Here are a few ideas:

Terrain update - Major 'under the hood' reworks to the terrain across the entire map to sort out Vanilla's janky mob pathing and line of sight inconsistencies. Perhaps they might want to add more variety to the existing assets (e.g. caves).

Graphics update - I've heard that the Turtle team have gotten a few new people who are making new custom assets. Perhaps they might consider redoing some of the existing assets across all areas of the world? I think we can all think of plenty of places where the original WoW devs reused the same models (e.g. Lucifon/Gehannas/Sulfuron/Majordomo).

Client version update - Akalix has repeatedly said that updating the client to a more 'modern' one (3.3.5) is not in their current plans. It would be a ridiculous amount of work and only becomes more challenging as they keep adding content. However, I believe he also said that the TWoW team would choose a more 'modern' client if they could do it all again. So, given that the "Turtle WoW 2.0" is a long way away (after 2025), I actually think a client update might not be as unrealistic as people might think...
Interesting input, thank you!

Dracarusggotham
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Dracarusggotham » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:34 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:48 am
Kanto123 wrote:
Updating the client to a more modern one would make more sense to me, new version of Turtle, new client.
Why?
Simple, lately I've been inquiring about modding in World of Warcraft and many people have come to the same consensus, the 1.12.1 client has TOO MANY limitations when it comes to modding.

That's why many people who create custom Vanilla clients like Epoch chose to redo the version in the 3.3.5 client and go from there, since in 1.12.1 they would have had problems modifying the client so drastically.

And something I've noticed recently is that the Turtle client works slower than 3.3.5, when I minimize the window in Turtle and go back to the game it gives me like 3 or 4 lags before it stabilizes, whereas in 3.3.5 That doesn't happen, I assume it's because of the amount of modifications that Turtle currently has.

Changing the client to 3.3.5 would be difficult given the amount of content there is already, but it would be sensible to improve the quality compared to Turtle WoW 2.0

Verdict

Post by Verdict » Thu Feb 22, 2024 12:03 am

An ETA on Class Changes would be superb information ngl, I need it! Pretty much any detail :D

Booth

Post by Booth » Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:47 am

Then take a good look at BGs! Dont do the same misstakes, BG when lvling should allways be fun, and there is absolutely more or less 0 BGs going 10-59! Why? because any ordinary lvling toon cant fight against overpowered twink gods. Its not fun and therefore no1 do them!

Blizzard had the same problem what did they do?
1. linked servers
2. xp in bgs
3. twinks had to play against other twinks¨
4. pvp gear

I do love turtle custom world! But i do get shitbored when i cant do BGs when i lvl! And when i am questing i do want to quest. I dont want someone 20 lvl over me, destroy the limited time i have! So when i do get to bored i go play some ascension. And shit so fun!

So why cant i have a great bg time in twow?

What i am hopeing for!
1. server wipe
2. Realease pve content i slow pace! If you want the new stuff the best then that last! Its more or less to much endgame raiding, why do xx today when yy is better loot.
3. Class changes! more fun plz vanilla wasnt fun
4. PVP gear. And when you do new uppgraded pve gear, then do the same for pvp!
5. XP in BGs and a loot box, i rather see some form of daily pvp quests. It can be so simple as win or enter.. but why not a for example capture 5 flags in AB..
6. I love the fact i can turn of xp.. but it shouldnt be allowed in BGs make that a pve feature.

Bump!
and forgot a lovely little thing from V+ server that i loved
7. Mark and honor! When in que for a BG after a while even if it didnt happen, you got a small amount of honor and a mark from that BG. Something that will maybe get ppl to put themselfes in que.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Thu Feb 22, 2024 11:07 am

Booth wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:47 am
You correctly identified the problem.
I agree with solution "xp for pvp", but not agree with others.
Main power of all twinks are high level enchants. To solve this problem, enchants should be nerfed. Low level character - low level enchants.

Without ehcnants, twinks will be no different from regular levellers. Almost every gear slot can be filled with quests.
Booth wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:47 am
and forgot a lovely little thing from V+ server that i loved
7. Mark and honor! When in que for a BG after a while even if it didnt happen, you got a small amount of honor and a mark from that BG. Something that will maybe get ppl to put themselfes in que.
While this idea sounds nice, it can be abused. People might stay in queue and don't join bg when it pops. Or stay AFK in battle.
First of all, people should want to play battlegrounds. Otherwise, they will dodge it as much as possible.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Calli

Post by Calli » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:49 pm

I would love to see changes in terrain, lore wise, like Zul Gurub reclaimed and converted a major troll city for players.
Silithus converted back to Feralas type area where druids started to heal the lands and make new quests for it.
And those raids still would be available through Caverns of Time with limited loot, so old time players would be keeping their unique, no more availabe items(tmog).

Borzy

Post by Borzy » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:58 am

High elf warlocks please

Garfsfield2

Post by Garfsfield2 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:25 pm

It would be great if hunters has Misdirection and be able to shoot Ice Trap.

Calli

Post by Calli » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:02 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:34 pm
Simple, lately I've been inquiring about modding in World of Warcraft and many people have come to the same consensus, the 1.12.1 client has TOO MANY limitations when it comes to modding.
It would cause more harm than good. It is a good decision to stick with the 1.12

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:18 pm

Calli wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:02 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:34 pm
It would cause more harm than good. It is a good decision to stick with the 1.12
The question is:
How many modifications will the 1.12 client endure before presenting performance or stability problems?
I don't know, I feel like the current client won't take it until a certain point before causing problems.
I vote for upgrading the client to a later version.
Maybe the TBC one.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:35 pm

When people are referring to 'modding', are they talking about making addons for TWoW? Or are they referring to the actual development activity of making custom conent?

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:46 pm

1 question: can we please migrate the server to a new client?
i dunno if thats ez enough. but u going to make thousands of players lives ezier 100%.
ofc remain strictly classic +. but this client, i mean is too old and bad maintenance_turtle

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:51 pm

Majestik51 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:46 pm
i dunno if thats ez enough. but u going to make thousands of players lives ezier 100%.
ofc remain strictly classic +. but this client, i mean is too old and bad maintenance_turtle
Upgrading the 1.12.1 client to a more modern one (e.g. 3.3.5, aka Wotlk) is a hell of a lot of effort. Every single bit of custom content they added (which is a lot) will need to be reworked. Obviously, this only gets worse as they keep adding content.

However, I do think that "Turtle WoW 2.0" (on their roadmap) might be the kind of thing where they change the client. This kind of name suggests some sort of fundamental change to the game. Of course, this is just wild speculation on my part :)

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:41 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:51 pm
Majestik51 wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:46 pm
Upgrading the 1.12.1 client to a more modern one (e.g. 3.3.5, aka Wotlk) is a hell of a lot of effort. Every single bit of custom content they added (which is a lot) will need to be reworked. Obviously, this only gets worse as they keep adding content.

However, I do think that "Turtle WoW 2.0" (on their roadmap) might be the kind of thing where they change the client. This kind of name suggests some sort of fundamental change to the game. Of course, this is just wild speculation on my part :)
i hope so too brother. Turtle will stay here for many ages. Its a unique classic + server. An optimisation of the client will give many new players a home to stay. so that wuld be ideal if we get a modern client....

Jstansberry

Post by Jstansberry » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:20 am

As a sad enhancement shaman who just got his double Stormstrike "fixed" on 3/20/2024, I have just one question: class changes 2 when? Even a vague approximation would be nice. Trying to gauge if it's worth taking healer loot from guild-mates right now or if it would be a waste due to possibly being able to switch back enhancement in the near future.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:01 pm

For Grim Reaches, do we know if they will be using the Twilight Highlands map released during Cata, or will it be developed from the ground up, like how Gilneas was remade rather than ported over from Cata?

I like the look of the retail version so wouldn't mind it's inclusion; the only objection I can think of is that it would look too high quality compared to the rest of the game, but Hyjal is the Cata version

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:07 pm

Yeah, some hint about class change date (even approximate) and affected builds would be nice.

Aeliren

Post by Aeliren » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:20 pm

Kanto123 wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:01 pm
I like the look of the retail version so wouldn't mind it's inclusion; the only objection I can think of is that it would look too high quality compared to the rest of the game, but Hyjal is the Cata version
It's not, actually. The Hyjal in-game has always been in-game ever since the beginning of WoW, but was an inaccessible no-man's land; Cata updated the region significantly, the colors are more vibrant all around, and it doesn't have as many craters.

Caverns of Time: Battle for Mount Hyjal from TBC actually uses the original Hyjal as a template, but fills in the various craters to have room for the Alliance and Horde bases.
Characters:
Coilspring - 60 gnome hunter
Megwynn - 60 human rogue

Suggestions:
Pyrewood Village Suggestions
Hunter Epic Ammo Pouch Suggestion

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:55 am

Aeliren wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:20 pm
Kanto123 wrote:
It's not, actually. The Hyjal in-game has always been in-game ever since the beginning of WoW, but was an inaccessible no-man's land; Cata updated the region significantly, the colors are more vibrant all around, and it doesn't have as many craters.

Caverns of Time: Battle for Mount Hyjal from TBC actually uses the original Hyjal as a template, but fills in the various craters to have room for the Alliance and Horde bases.
I see, thanks for the info

Ashwhole

Post by Ashwhole » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:57 pm

Grindplayertwo wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:52 am
Imo Tel'Abim died because it's a PVP server.
tel abim died cause sod was released soon after

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Wed May 01, 2024 12:27 pm

Kanto123 wrote:
For Grim Reaches, do we know if they will be using the Twilight Highlands map released during Cata, or will it be developed from the ground up, like how Gilneas was remade rather than ported over from Cata?

Hyjal was an uncomplete version present in-game in Classic, you can look for videos in YouTube exploring that area.
Porting areas from later versions of the games is mlre difficult than simply creating new areas, cause the number of polygons are larger than the amount of the number of polygons accepted in the Vanilla client. So, yes, Grim Reaches and any other area will be developed from 0 for sure.

Deso5618

Post by Deso5618 » Wed May 01, 2024 2:47 pm

I think the only thing, easy imported from later clients is Skyboxes.
50 lvl rogue. RETIRED.