Turtle WoW is expanding to the East!

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Turtle WoW is expanding to the East!

Post by Hctwowfan » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:34 am

Azuladrip wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:21 am
He doesn't care. Don't you understand this trog is just here to strawman and to trigger people with his nonsensical arguments? Because, clearly, when the devs made the rule, they totally curtained off /say and /yell for Chinese and decided to make /general for English. This is CLEARLY what they had in mind, and it's not at all just because they figured having two random people speaking in a foreign language in some isolated place couldn't be a problem because nobody else could read it anyway.

It's not even worth bothering with someone who is willing to sink to such lows of disingenuousness to get some non-existent gotcha. And it wouldn't matter to him anyway, since he already stated people complaining about this are just being xenophobic and overreacting because it doesn't bother him. It doesn't bother him, therefore it shouldn't bother you, this is the thought process of this insipid narcissist.
Have you considered Hanlon's Razor though?
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Hazaru Oronil Lenymo

Hctwowfan

Post by Hctwowfan » Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:51 am

Incompleteloser wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 7:04 am
Hctwowfan wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:26 am
Incompleteloser wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:49 am
As a fairly new player, I recently looked up those server rules. They only mention an English-only restriction on "/world, guild chat of <Still Alive>, guild chat of <Newcomers>, /trade, any crowded leveling or recreation zones... The only exception are guild recruitment announcements, those can be in your native language."

Nothing about in /say, nothing about in /yell. Your precious rules aren't being broken.
Using non English language in crowded areas in /s and /y is both against the text of the law and even if it wasn't, it most certainly is against the spirit of the law.

It's... literally not in the "text of the law." The text states, as I paraphrased before:
The rule set for the following public channels: /world, guild chat of <Still Alive>, guild chat of <Newcomers>, /trade, any crowded leveling or recreation zones: Public chats are English speaking only. The only exception are guild recruitment announcements, those can be in your native language.
So no, nothing about using non-english in /s or /y. And as for the "spirit" of the law, I daresay that disallowing non-english speaking people from using /s or /y - or banning those who do - goes against the preamble to the above quote:
Here at Turtle WoW, we encourage players to come together, form communities, and openly chat with their fellow players.
Yes. It is a violation of the tos if I speak any non english language in /1 in moonglade with 3 other players in the entire zone but it is not a violation of the tos if I /y the same thing outside of stormwind bank where there's about 100 other players subjected to it. You are absolutely right and this makes sense in regards to the spirit of the law, have a good day fine sir.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Hazaru Oronil Lenymo

Kazel9090

Post by Kazel9090 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:46 am

When? when? when?
need that server asap. maybe russian server too?
5k queue makes this unplayable

Post by 7567 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:40 am

When will the game come to China? Better find a good team

Somni

Post by Somni » Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:48 am

It’s a big ask BUT could the devs possibly program an in-game RP event for when the China server split happens? Maybe where a piece of Westfall erodes off and floats away with East chars. Some will mourn, many will celebrate and have festivities in and around the erosion point. Westfall suggested so that even the lower levels can attend. IF you were selected to stay on the piece of eroded land, you ride it to the Malestrom at which point you “wake up” and your char is in the new China server. New quest lines could be made centered around this event.

Equalrites

Post by Equalrites » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:44 am

Somni wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:48 am
It’s a big ask BUT could the devs possibly program an in-game RP event for when the China server split happens? Maybe where a piece of Westfall erodes off and floats away with East chars. Some will mourn, many will celebrate and have festivities in and around the erosion point. Westfall suggested so that even the lower levels can attend. IF you were selected to stay on the piece of eroded land, you ride it to the Malestrom at which point you “wake up” and your char is in the new China server. New quest lines could be made centered around this event.
That would increase the delivery time needed to have stability for the server, therefore I strongly disagree with that suggestion.

Badezimmerman

Post by Badezimmerman » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:14 am

*cough* Separate Softcore and Hardcore players *cough*
Yes, giving the Asians their own Servers will probably fix the overpopulation problem the best. The twow devs in the end have all the statistics. But from the Community im constantly reading blatantly racist and/or nationalistic statements in terms of the Chinese populating the Server. Are you guys even for real? Ive met many Asian players here and made friends with them. Just like any other nation. I have met people from all over the world that werent able to speak english (properly). Heck, even US americans that cant even speak/write properly. I could not believe what I was reading here.
On the other Hand. Playing as Hardcore only here on twow, it is out of my understanding why softcore and hardcore players are together on one server. It does not make sense at all. I just dont get it. Both of my friends who started here together with me stopped playing because of this.
I get it. First things first. I think its cool that the twow devs are putting effort and creating a server for our Asian friends. But it has to be the next step to give the Hardcore community their own space. Im 99.9% sure that many who came here for the Hardcore hype stopped playing for this very reason.
Yours truly,

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Sun Sep 03, 2023 2:41 pm

Badezimmerman wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:14 am
*cough* Separate Softcore and Hardcore players *cough*
Yes, giving the Asians their own Servers will probably fix the overpopulation problem the best. The twow devs in the end have all the statistics. But from the Community im constantly reading blatantly racist and/or nationalistic statements in terms of the Chinese populating the Server. Are you guys even for real? Ive met many Asian players here and made friends with them. Just like any other nation. I have met people from all over the world that werent able to speak english (properly). Heck, even US americans that cant even speak/write properly. I could not believe what I was reading here.
On the other Hand. Playing as Hardcore only here on twow, it is out of my understanding why softcore and hardcore players are together on one server. It does not make sense at all. I just dont get it. Both of my friends who started here together with me stopped playing because of this.
I get it. First things first. I think its cool that the twow devs are putting effort and creating a server for our Asian friends. But it has to be the next step to give the Hardcore community their own space. Im 99.9% sure that many who came here for the Hardcore hype stopped playing for this very reason.
Yours truly,
Hardcore and softcore merge at 60. English speakers and non-English speakers don't. While IMO there should be a separate HC server with an option to transfer to the normal server once you hit 60, at the moment it's not the most urgent issue to deal with in terms of server population.
If the Hanzi character filter won't be enough and players will instead opt to use Pinyin or addons/other software to circumvent it, more drastic measures will have to be taken.

Joras333

Post by Joras333 » Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:39 pm

I think it's a good idea to open a new local server in any region where the player base is big enough.

BUT i don't think it's a good idea to host the servers in china :

- the official game was banned before, and the relationship between the governement and blizzard is tense. So opening a non official server may be seen by officials as a way to evade their orders. We are talking about boomers there, they won't see the difference.

- the Chinese version of wow is heavily modified, censored (for exemple the skeletons models, probably some quest texts here and there also). you would have to maintaint two separate forks of the code.

- The governement wil impose strict rules, likely impose access to all communications, forbid access to the exterior.

- a recent new law restricts the time spent on games, based on age. So you would have to comply too. meaning tha many players would prefer to stay on EU server anyways. And it adds burden to the dev team.

Beefloafs

Post by Beefloafs » Sun Sep 03, 2023 4:21 pm

Joras333 wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 3:39 pm
I think it's a good idea to open a new local server in any region where the player base is big enough.

BUT i don't think it's a good idea to host the servers in china :

- the official game was banned before, and the relationship between the governement and blizzard is tense. So opening a non official server may be seen by officials as a way to evade their orders. We are talking about boomers there, they won't see the difference.

- the Chinese version of wow is heavily modified, censored (for exemple the skeletons models, probably some quest texts here and there also). you would have to maintaint two separate forks of the code.

- The governement wil impose strict rules, likely impose access to all communications, forbid access to the exterior.

- a recent new law restricts the time spent on games, based on age. So you would have to comply too. meaning tha many players would prefer to stay on EU server anyways. And it adds burden to the dev team.
I believe Turtle WoW uses OVH for their hosting, so the Chinese server would be hosted in Singapore as that is the closest data center to China.

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:22 pm

We are already in September and the queues are already reaching 8k, the other day at 4AM server time (the time the Chinese start to enter) it took me almost 30 minutes to complete a mission to kill 10 mobs, which under normal circumstances Its 5 minutes.
Continue with your stupid discussions about racism, languages, etc., but European players on a server hosted in Europe still cannot enter the game until at least 5 PM :)

Liyang4231

Post by Liyang4231 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:41 am

Anadrol wrote:
Sun Sep 03, 2023 7:22 pm
We are already in September and the queues are already reaching 8k, the other day at 4AM server time (the time the Chinese start to enter) it took me almost 30 minutes to complete a mission to kill 10 mobs, which under normal circumstances Its 5 minutes.
Continue with your stupid discussions about racism, languages, etc., but European players on a server hosted in Europe still cannot enter the game until at least 5 PM :)
Do you know that China has a large population and limited resources, and you need to seize resources to survive? This behavior is the same as the life of Chinese people. Why do Chinese people never complain? Because they are also like this in their lives, they have honed their personalities. Comfortable European friends will never understand, and in the eyes of Chinese people, this complaint is called "affectation"-Unable to bear grievances.

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 6:42 am

Liyang4231 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 5:41 am
Anadrol wrote:
Do you know that China has a large population and limited resources, and you need to seize resources to survive? This behavior is the same as the life of Chinese people. Why do Chinese people never complain? Because they are also like this in their lives, they have honed their personalities. Comfortable European friends will never understand, and in the eyes of Chinese people, this complaint is called "affectation"-Unable to bear grievances.
Touché.

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:54 am

Anadrol wrote:
Hang in there. For kill quests just invite whoever you see doing them. That helps.

Queefking

Post by Queefking » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:55 am

turtle wow is rightful chinese clay

Tacticalnelf

Post by Tacticalnelf » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:13 am

Liyang4231 wrote:
Anadrol wrote:
And what do I have to do with it? So if a specific demographic allows its rulers to shit on their heads to the point of making everyone's life a living hell and somehow that same demographic simply accepts this situation and even celebrates it as some kind of virtue, it doesn't mean that I should also accept it and conform to it.

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:41 am

Liyang4231 wrote:
Anadrol wrote:
thats great. i dont give a fuck though.

was going to leave it at the first line but i just cant. you come here, put original player base in 3 hour quenes, dont communicate, spam every channel with your [] garbage, rmt, blatantly hack and bot, scour the map off every node. then you come to the forum to patronize me and teach me how wonderful people the chinese are. you are fucking blight

Gnomoerectus

Post by Gnomoerectus » Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:53 am

Do you know that Ahn'Quiraj has a large population and limited resources, and you need to eat sentient creatures to survive? This behavior is the same as the life of Silithid people. Why do Silithids never complain? Because they are also like this in their lives, they have honed their hunting instincts. Comfortable Azerothian friends will never understand, and in the eyes of Silithids, this complaint is called "affectation"-Unable to bear the thougth of being eaten alive.

Fresharugula

Post by Fresharugula » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:03 pm

Ban and force transfer … reclaim the server

Wilczan

Post by Wilczan » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:05 pm

I don't think that those Chinese players, who play here to farm gold, gonna move to the new realm.

So queues probably gonna go down just slightly, especially that some players try to stay online (by various methods) to not wait again in queue. Effect: queues rise.

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:26 pm

Liyang4231 wrote:
Anadrol wrote:
Eh? But what have you smoked?

I don't care, don't tell me about your life, you say you're not complaining but you're going as a victim besides wanting to be morally superior speaking of the personality of the Chinese compared to Europeans.

I don't care, I don't discriminate against you, I don't care about your origin, I just want to be able to play in good condition, looking the other way and not recognizing that there is a problem of Chinese overpopulation is being stupid.

If, in the hypothetical case that we had the same problems but only with Europeans, we would ask for an extra server for ourselves, but since we have them with you, we ask for it for you. End. Stop being victims and wanting to feel pity, it won't work.

Albel

Post by Albel » Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:55 am

Azuladrip wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:01 pm
Albel wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:58 am
Go touch some grass, mate. It sounds like you need it. Tranquilo.
An empty-headed reply from an empty-headed zero of a person with nothing to say and no thoughts in that vapid brain. You're literally arguing on some niche private server of a dead game, but you give an NPC reply of "touch grass" because you got demolished and realized you are wrong, inferior, and have nothing worthwhile to say or contribute. I'll take your copypasted reply as the concession it is.
I didn't mean it as an insult. Literally, go outside. Normal humans don't talk like this.

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:47 am

Wilczan wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:05 pm
I don't think that those Chinese players, who play here to farm gold, gonna move to the new realm.

So queues probably gonna go down just slightly, especially that some players try to stay online (by various methods) to not wait again in queue. Effect: queues rise.
This might indeed turn out to be what it is going to be like. It is a solid estimate, I feel. There is a remote chance that the people for whom the SEA realm was specifically created are going to transfer over voluntarily, however. And before the realm is finished and the offer extended it is simply too early to determine a course of action for a future that has not even happened yet. It is still a solid estimate and might indeed very well happen, and if it does, the Development Team and management surely have contingency plans. It is their project after all and I would caution against confusing careful and excellent conduct with having an undue tolerance for bad faith acting.

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:39 am

The tansfers will be available based on the characters progression compared to the servers progression.
Aight lets say you kill ossirian in aq20, which is lets be honest a joke. Now you cant transfer until AQ gates have opened on the fresh server?
How is this gonna work?
Its basically a fresh start or no transfer....

Azuladrip

Post by Azuladrip » Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:36 pm

Albel wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 4:55 am
Azuladrip wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:01 pm
Albel wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:58 am
Go touch some grass, mate. It sounds like you need it. Tranquilo.
An empty-headed reply from an empty-headed zero of a person with nothing to say and no thoughts in that vapid brain. You're literally arguing on some niche private server of a dead game, but you give an NPC reply of "touch grass" because you got demolished and realized you are wrong, inferior, and have nothing worthwhile to say or contribute. I'll take your copypasted reply as the concession it is.
I didn't mean it as an insult. Literally, go outside. Normal humans don't talk like this.
Thankfully, people actually speak my language when I go outside in my country. A rare treat, I know.

Liyang4231

Post by Liyang4231 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:36 am

Anadrol wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 12:26 pm
Liyang4231 wrote:
Anadrol wrote:
Eh? But what have you smoked?

I don't care, don't tell me about your life, you say you're not complaining but you're going as a victim besides wanting to be morally superior speaking of the personality of the Chinese compared to Europeans.

I don't care, I don't discriminate against you, I don't care about your origin, I just want to be able to play in good condition, looking the other way and not recognizing that there is a problem of Chinese overpopulation is being stupid.

If, in the hypothetical case that we had the same problems but only with Europeans, we would ask for an extra server for ourselves, but since we have them with you, we ask for it for you. End. Stop being victims and wanting to feel pity, it won't work.
I don't have any other meaning, I just want to tell you that this situation is very normal. We have seen it many times and have long been accustomed to it, that's all. Maybe the translator didn't understand my meaning, haha!

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:46 am

So because it is, according to your own words, normal for you and your people you feel the need to bring this into the game and ruin the experience for European and American players?

People tried to play nice with the Chinese but all they get in return is [][][][] or "White skinned pigs" so I have no issues saying that I am glad that they are doing this.

There is a difference of cultures that will not work out in the long run.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:49 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:57 pm
Samsara wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2023 8:38 pm
I'm not a fan of separate realms. Should be layers at most. Why can't I make Chinese friends? At this rate give a realm to Russians, to Americans, to Latin Americans, etc.
Is it too much to ask that we get to vote on it? The racists are way too loud about their dislike of the Chinese.
No. Whether you like it or not, there is a very strong, intrinsic difference in social attitudes that impact online gaming in China compared to even other parts of Southeast Asia, let alone the West. It may sound reductive, but even Chinese-American and Chinese-Canadian players will tell you that you really cannot cultivate a community where mainland Chinese gamers and Western gamers can coexist.

The culture of mainland China itself would have to change, and that would take a great, great, great deal of time. Far beyond the scope of our small server. The best thing to do is keep these two communities apart, as sad as that is to say.
Remember when I was called racist for this? How quickly attitudes have changed in 2 months. Also kind of crazy how we were still a "small server" just 2 months ago.

Liyang4231

Post by Liyang4231 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:04 am

Karrados wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:46 am
So because it is, according to your own words, normal for you and your people you feel the need to bring this into the game and ruin the experience for European and American players?

People tried to play nice with the Chinese but all they get in return is [][][][] or "White skinned pigs" so I have no issues saying that I am glad that they are doing this.

There is a difference of cultures that will not work out in the long run.
I explained the reason, but you cannot understand it. This is a manifestation of the huge cultural differences between China and the West, and it is also why it is necessary to open up an Asian server. As long as the management is equally strict, Chinese people will go there.
Unfortunately, you have encountered such people, who are known as "brain disabled" and "stupid" in China. No one is willing to communicate with them, and they will be looked down upon. Although such people are rare, they do exist.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:33 am

I'm a new player. Should I start on the chinese server to get a fresh start level up experience, and then maybe later transfer over?

I imagine the current server has mostly lvl 60s so I would struggle to do dungeons, elite quests, etc?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:39 am

Krotux wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:33 am
I'm a new player. Should I start on the chinese server to get a fresh start level up experience, and then maybe later transfer over?

I imagine the current server has mostly lvl 60s so I would struggle to do dungeons, elite quests, etc?
Incorrect. Fresh is a meme. There are low level players running dungeons all the time at every level of content. You should have no problem finding groups. Further, you will likely be unable to play on the Chinese server or even read any of the quests, let alone transfer back to the EU realm.

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:41 am

okay thanks for clarifying

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:38 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:39 am
Krotux wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 7:33 am

Incorrect. Fresh is a meme. There are low level players running dungeons all the time at every level of content. You should have no problem finding groups. Further, you will likely be unable to play on the Chinese server or even read any of the quests, let alone transfer back to the EU realm.
Wait hold on

Specifically:
"Further, you will likely be unable to play on the Chinese server"

I live in Japan. Will I be blocked from the EU server after the new chinese servers are up?

Kremmen

Post by Kremmen » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:44 am

Krotux wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:38 am
I live in Japan. Will I be blocked from the EU server after the new chinese servers are up?
No, but Hanzi characters will be prevented from being transmitted to the European server due to the massive amount of Chinese players who can't speak English and end up turning entire zones into Chinese enclaves.
Plaidskull - Undead Warrior
<TurtleHeads>
Progression/ guild based in the Oceanic region
Times: Monday/Saturday 7:45pm AEST (9:45am Server Time), Sunday fun/progression events 8pm AEST (10am Server Time).
https://discord.gg/gBcH9sG75n

Beard

Post by Beard » Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:48 am

Is there a date on when this will be live?

As much as not having a queue will be nice. What will this do to the population on this server do you guys think? 6k Avg? Which isn't bad just wondering.