Races: Ogre for Horde and Half-Elf for Alliance

Rayken

Re: Races: Ogre for Horde and Half-Elf for Alliance

Post by Rayken » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:40 pm

Mac wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:24 pm
Half-Elf is an interesting idea but as others have pointed out it is yet another elf. If you add them, half of the Alliance races will be some kind of elf. The Elfliance.

Worgen is a good idea. The uninstanced version of Gilneas City could make a good 1-5 starting area for them. I peeped around it using Eagle Eye and it seems some of it is finished but parts were left unfinished. Porting the dungeon version into the open world should be easily doable. Seems like there’s enough space there to make it work. And it would be fun to level 1 to 5 fighting off the Worgen invasion of Gilneas only to succumb and become one, and then be forced to flee from the city and wind up in Stormwind Harbor.

But I think among the proposed Alliance races, Furbolg is the most interesting since it hasn’t been done.

And yes playable Ogres would be awesome.
I have rather strong feelings about Worgen, and what they did to WoW. In retail WoW, Worgen never made any sense from any standpoint. It was a huge asspull, pardon my french, and the lore was completely shredded to pieces. Never mind the fact that the Gilneans abandoned the Alliance long, long ago, and the whole idea surrounding good werewolves was just silly. They are cursed monsters in Warcraft and should have stayed that way. There's also just some very weird lore regarding the Forsaken being totally rejected by Alliance when they came home as monsters, but the Alliance welcomed werewolf traitors (gilneans) with open arms due to Elune? Also, druids? I just... I better stop before I go too far haha sad_turtle_head
Galendor wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:16 pm
Akos1896 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:50 pm
Here it is:
viewtopic.php?t=12957
Not my idea but I honestly think it is very well done. + it would be an alliance race without druids.
You mean without shamans - because druids were in my suggestion hiding_smth_turtle_head
Your Furbolg idea is really well written and I love the art you added to that thread! I really do think Furbolgs are perfect for Alliance, but it's a very tough sell because it would give Alliance a Shaman and new Druid race.

A few minor changes, I would probably have it be a splinter of the tree of Grizzlemaw hold on Northrend instead of Ursonar you created, but I love how it uses the Draenei map.

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:37 pm

Rayken wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:40 pm
Mac wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:24 pm
Half-Elf is an interesting idea but as others have pointed out it is yet another elf. If you add them, half of the Alliance races will be some kind of elf. The Elfliance.

Worgen is a good idea. The uninstanced version of Gilneas City could make a good 1-5 starting area for them. I peeped around it using Eagle Eye and it seems some of it is finished but parts were left unfinished. Porting the dungeon version into the open world should be easily doable. Seems like there’s enough space there to make it work. And it would be fun to level 1 to 5 fighting off the Worgen invasion of Gilneas only to succumb and become one, and then be forced to flee from the city and wind up in Stormwind Harbor.

But I think among the proposed Alliance races, Furbolg is the most interesting since it hasn’t been done.

And yes playable Ogres would be awesome.
I have rather strong feelings about Worgen, and what they did to WoW. In retail WoW, Worgen never made any sense from any standpoint. It was a huge asspull, pardon my french, and the lore was completely shredded to pieces. Never mind the fact that the Gilneans abandoned the Alliance long, long ago, and the whole idea surrounding good werewolves was just silly. They are cursed monsters in Warcraft and should have stayed that way. There's also just some very weird lore regarding the Forsaken being totally rejected by Alliance when they came home as monsters, but the Alliance welcomed werewolf traitors (gilneans) with open arms due to Elune? Also, druids? I just... I better stop before I go too far haha sad_turtle_head
Galendor wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:16 pm
Akos1896 wrote:
Here it is:
viewtopic.php?t=12957
Not my idea but I honestly think it is very well done. + it would be an alliance race without druids.
You mean without shamans - because druids were in my suggestion hiding_smth_turtle_head
Your Furbolg idea is really well written and I love the art you added to that thread! I really do think Furbolgs are perfect for Alliance, but it's a very tough sell because it would give Alliance a Shaman and new Druid race.

A few minor changes, I would probably have it be a splinter of the tree of Grizzlemaw hold on Northrend instead of Ursonar you created, but I love how it uses the Draenei map.
The humans of Pyrewood in Vanilla Wow are literal werewolves: human by day, Worgen by night. And those humans are friendly with the Alliance.

When players were speculating on the new Alliance race for TBC, Worgen was the strongest contender, and even had a rather well written fake leak.

I don’t see how it’s in any way a stretch. Were playable High Elves a stretch because they weren’t exactly the strongest members of the Alliance during the events or Wacraft III?

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:55 pm

Akos1896 wrote:
Here it is:
viewtopic.php?t=12957
Not my idea but I honestly think it is very well done. + it would be an alliance race without shamans.
Yeah I like this one too - I think Kazgrim has working models for furbolgs and if turtle were to reach out to him again. I don't think even worry about forcing a fem model - just use the same one for both models it only affects some of the armor models and how npcs refer to you.
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Noce

Post by Noce » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:08 am

yeah having new races is realy good but this game needs alot of other fixing like in pvp, class talents and spells redone, fixing/making new zones from unused parts of map, etc..

that sed, there should be planning for new races and few stands out from warcraft lore: ogres, worgens, draenei - but broken draenei, furbolgs. new interesting thing would be a undead race but with human/elf forms. also satyrs would be nice addition.

also few things could be done: troll druids as a class and make new class necromancers/DK. it can be done separately or as one class with two talents - mele + range dps. or make dk a aliance paladin counter and be only for horde since necromancers in lore are on both sides. in aliance are humans and for horde are orcs/ogres if im not mistaken

Rayken

Post by Rayken » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:32 pm

Forsaken Death Knights, as in, Warcraft 2 Death Knights, could be a great Paladin counter.

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:07 pm

Natuaduck wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:07 pm
Hyrag wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:53 pm
Worgen for alliance and San'layn(vampire elfs)
San'Layn are literally agents of the Scourge and serve Arthas. There's no where near enough of them let alone are they a "race" really. They're not just "High Elf/Blood Elf but vampire" lol. The San'Layn are more or less Elves turned into undead blood mages, that's really it. They'd be enemies to both the Horde AND the Alliance.
yes, but turtle dont go the retail route for Lore.

in alah thalas we have a epidemic of "broken" like HE that need a new magic way to drug themselves...
They are already treated as exiles of their own race
that could be a cause to San'layn in turtle lore.

Tanasa

Post by Tanasa » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:38 pm

Rayken wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:32 pm
Forsaken Death Knights, as in, Warcraft 2 Death Knights, could be a great Paladin counter.
Wanted to apologize after some deliberation for throwing shade (which you may not have even noticed, for the better).

Ogres do certainly belong in the Horde. One of the great things about crossfaction play on TurtleWoW is that we can give less weight to player count and the Devs can make decisions that fit each faction according to theme and flavor rather than sacrificing that on the altar of a crude calculus.

Retail WoW has become a depressing experience on Horde side due to what seems like an overabundance of both Elves and foxes scurrying about. As someone who has always envisioned the Horde as a band of alien outsiders, cunning and primal strangers in a strange land I would dearly appreciate that flavor being maintained, and I see you've put a lot of thought into how Ogres fit into that.

I do think the Alliance cries out for a bestial option over another Elf variant. Unfortunately, if you give people the option they will choose Elves every time (As happened with Blood Elves).

The good thing is that I think the TWoW devs have proved themselves pretty capable and with a potential expansion on the roadmap I think it's a great time to ask for more and not less.

Sczq

Post by Sczq » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:39 pm

no -1

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sun Mar 17, 2024 5:40 am

I would love to play an ogre. Give them some of the wc2 sound effects too.

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:12 am

Noce wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:08 am
yeah having new races is realy good but this game needs alot of other fixing like in pvp, class talents and spells redone, fixing/making new zones from unused parts of map, etc..

that sed, there should be planning for new races and few stands out from warcraft lore: ogres, worgens, draenei - but broken draenei, furbolgs. new interesting thing would be a undead race but with human/elf forms. also satyrs would be nice addition.

also few things could be done: troll druids as a class and make new class necromancers/DK. it can be done separately or as one class with two talents - mele + range dps. or make dk a aliance paladin counter and be only for horde since necromancers in lore are on both sides. in aliance are humans and for horde are orcs/ogres if im not mistaken
I would love for troll druids to be a thing, but I think it's a nice balance in Vanilla of there being 1 druid race on each faction, and doing this would upset the balance - unless someone else on Alliance also gets this class.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Allwynd01
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:35 am

First reason why it's not going to happen, because there are no female Ogres or female Half Elves have a model in the game.

Second, the armors don't fit them and this is a long and arduous task that nobody will deal with.

Third, male Half Elf model also doesn't really exist, the screenshots provided show a model from the later versions of the game, which just looks like the human skeleton with pointy ears. The Half Elf needs an entirely new model that doesn't use the skeleton of an already existing race, but an entirely new one. Which also won't happen, because creating skeletons and rigging animations is not something that Turtle WoW do or will ever do.

Female Half Elf also has to use some skeleton, will it use Human female skeleton, Night Elf female skeleton, Blood Elf female skeleton? The problem is the same - if it uses the same skeleton as an existing playable race, everyone will feel like they are playing that other race.

Female Ogre doesn't have even a skeleton to borrow. Is it going to use Princess Theradras' skeleton? Does it even have enough animations?

Fourth, adding more races is redundant, because they need racial abilities, balances, starting zones, it would actually be easier to create an entirely new class from scratch than add new playable races, because it's actually less work.

So far I told you why it won't happen, I can't really think of why it would or could happen.

Spacew0lf

Post by Spacew0lf » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:30 am

Furbolgs >>>>>>>>>> half elves... come on we are very priveleged to actually get high elves to alliance and not horde... but half elves... what a waste of a new race.

Furbolgs are what I wish Blizz did instead of panda's.. far more numerous than pandas.. and innately tied to night elf lore.

Ogres though, I love warcraft 2, so not against ogres.

Everyone crapping on goblins... they are an amazing addition to the horde!
Horde needed a small race to match alliance's dwarves AND gnomes. Goblins is the perfect complement, also go play warcraft 2 for anyway saying goblins are "neutral".

Imonobor
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Imonobor » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:41 am

It's obvious if furbolgs and ogres end up being implemented, that they would need new models and skeletons and animations for the females (and maybe the males, depending on how well their animation sets work for player characters and how well gear fits them).

It's nothing outrageous to just hire a 3d modeler/animator to do these new models, so the argument "there are none ingame" is not valid. We don't have to just copy only the things blizzard put in the game, this is vanilla+, we can CREATE new content.

Hell, we might even have some good modelers and animators in the community who might be willing to help, for example the folks that make HD patches and whatnot.

What I'd love to see playable would be nagas, but there are so many problems when it comes to gear and mounting (maybe they could have something similar to plainsrunning?). It also makes little sense for them to join the alliance.
Samwise Didier himself said that he'd love to see ogres and naga as playable races ingame, so it's not too far off blizzard's original vision.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:16 pm

Imonobor wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:41 am
It's obvious if furbolgs and ogres end up being implemented, that they would need new models and skeletons and animations for the females (and maybe the males, depending on how well their animation sets work for player characters and how well gear fits them).

It's nothing outrageous to just hire a 3d modeler/animator to do these new models, so the argument "there are none ingame" is not valid. We don't have to just copy only the things blizzard put in the game, this is vanilla+, we can CREATE new content.

Hell, we might even have some good modelers and animators in the community who might be willing to help, for example the folks that make HD patches and whatnot.

What I'd love to see playable would be nagas, but there are so many problems when it comes to gear and mounting (maybe they could have something similar to plainsrunning?). It also makes little sense for them to join the alliance.
Samwise Didier himself said that he'd love to see ogres and naga as playable races ingame, so it's not too far off blizzard's original vision.
Playable Naga would have been cool.

I personally don't care much for Ogres, but if the majority prefers them, then 🤷

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 pm

Imonobor wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:41 am
To be honest, the only real problem here is animations because gear can be displayed on a model without serious problem (a pants and shoes are wrapping around tail), but even this problem is now solvable because there are modified naga models with all animations:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... 5c68d0de44&

https://media.discordapp.net/attachment ... a6579f3b37&

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 pm

Galendor wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 pm
To be honest, the only real problem here is animations because gear can be displayed on a model without serious problem (a pants and shoes are wrapping around tail), but even this problem is now solvable because there are modified naga models with all animations:

That is so cool I cannot even begin to comprehend it. Thank you for sharing!
My hope for playable naga has been kindled a little brighter now.
Is there a female siren model with these animations as well?

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:30 am

Imonobor wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:33 pm
Galendor wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:27 pm

That is so cool I cannot even begin to comprehend it. Thank you for sharing!
My hope for playable naga has been kindled a little brighter now.
Is there a female siren model with these animations as well?
I didn't see female model yet, but I guess it's a matter of time and modey.

Rayken

Post by Rayken » Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:56 pm

Tanasa wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:38 pm
Rayken wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:32 pm
Wanted to apologize after some deliberation for throwing shade (which you may not have even noticed, for the better).

Ogres do certainly belong in the Horde. One of the great things about crossfaction play on TurtleWoW is that we can give less weight to player count and the Devs can make decisions that fit each faction according to theme and flavor rather than sacrificing that on the altar of a crude calculus.

Retail WoW has become a depressing experience on Horde side due to what seems like an overabundance of both Elves and foxes scurrying about. As someone who has always envisioned the Horde as a band of alien outsiders, cunning and primal strangers in a strange land I would dearly appreciate that flavor being maintained, and I see you've put a lot of thought into how Ogres fit into that.

I do think the Alliance cries out for a bestial option over another Elf variant. Unfortunately, if you give people the option they will choose Elves every time (As happened with Blood Elves).

The good thing is that I think the TWoW devs have proved themselves pretty capable and with a potential expansion on the roadmap I think it's a great time to ask for more and not less.
Oh I noticed, my writing has always seemed like ChatGPT, by the way, way before ChatGPT was a thing haha. ChatGPT has probably used my old forum posts as training.

Invokersama

Post by Invokersama » Sat Apr 06, 2024 3:27 am

plz bro No MOAR ELFs XD

i honestly perfer Naga to join Alliance since they used to be Nelfs before transform, but their appearance more fitting for horde then alliance XD, anyway i don't think Alliance will accept races like Furblog, Naga, tuskarr or any other races that dosen't look humanoid enought for Alliance standards ( why ? are they racist ? XD idk maybe )

here some ideas for new alliance race

1-Vrykuls : we have short humans (dwarfs) and tiny humans (gnomes) so why not giant humans like vrykul, it's not fair for horde to have both taurans and ogres and give us more elfs in exchange angry_turtle_hea, also change their lore to be more classic fitting rather then woltk V like ( humans turn into giants or make dwarfs 7 tall feet and call them vrykuls XD or any bullshit i just want giant humaniod race in alliance side ) since alot of ppl hate their lore and think it's bad

2-Dranai / broken dranai : we all know em, althought i would perfer new race then them.
meh not fan of them they aren't 7 feet tall creature like vrykul 0/10

3-Dragonkin: NO i am not talking about the dragonflight ones, i am talking about the classic ones the badass ones in caravan of time.
why the hell dragonkin join Alliance ? you ask ? FOOL THEY ALREADY INSIDE THE TOWN OF STORMWIND ( lizard theory XD).

4-Mermaid ( custom t-wow race ): Naga but more civilized, pretty, noble to fit Alliance standards ( like trolls turning into nelf ), lore wise you can have same story as how trolls turn into night elf

(sorry for bad english)

Neltharion

Post by Neltharion » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:17 pm

I'd hard pass another elf race and give broken draenei to the Alliance
Makes the most sense since in wow it was planned have their own faction.
Enhanchad on Tel'Abim, I like dragons.
That's pretty much it.

Elleshar

Post by Elleshar » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:52 pm

Like most I don't feel we need more elf races then what is already in the game lol.

Ichtacaforum

Post by Ichtacaforum » Tue Apr 09, 2024 3:44 am

Please, no more elves. I'm sick to death of the innumerable elf sub-types in fantasy in general, and WoW is particularly egregious about it.

Even without considering elf-fatigue, I'd say Alliance already has enough samey/pretty races. Horde doesn't need to have a monopoly on fun racial variety. I really like the Furbolg ideas, as they already have a strong place in the game/lore. It could also be a chance to avoid the sexual dimorphism issue present with many of the WoW races. There are already plenty of races to choose from for people who want to play a female character that is conventionally pretty by human standards. Have male and female Furbolg look more or less the same, which would be a big reduction to the hassle making gear look right, not having to design for two dramatically different character models.

I think Tuskarr could be really cool, too.

Actually, I think my favorite option would be a gnoll tribe! Turtle added a friendly gnoll tribe with quests in Wetlands, I noticed. That could be the start of friendly relations that eventually results in that group of gnolls officially joining the Alliance, as the Alliance helps those gnolls continue uniting other gnolls under them to reduce overall gnoll aggression and hostility in their territories.

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:25 am

While Furbolg, gnolls and even murlocs could be cool and meme-y additions to the alliance, I don't think it would fit very well lore-wise and RP-wise. These races are supposed to be primitive, not very intelligent and hostile. It's why they were neutral creeps in Warcraft 3. They won't make good player races in my opinion.
I agree that we don't need more elves though.

If I had to choose a race for the alliance, it would be the Naga.
Of course, it would require a LOT of lore and explanation about how and why they would join the alliance, given that they and the night elves absolutely hate each other. But then again, night elves are just haters like that, they didn't like the high elves either. I don't think it's going to be any bigger stretch to integrate them into the alliance than Blizzard integrating the Undead into the horde. Everyone has accepted that the Undead are a part of the horde at this point and don't question just how weird it is for the other horde races that value honor and glory to accept walking corpses among them that care nothing for honor and work only for their own selfish goals.
I think the Naga could fill a similar role in the alliance - the tenuous "allies" that may or may not have their own agenda by joining in the Alliance. They could even start at "unfriendly" with the night elves or even the rest of the alliance races.

Nagas as a playable race has been requested by the community even all the way back to vanilla. Metzen commented that he wanted to make Ogres, Goblins and Naga playable races one day, but they had trouble fitting the gear on them. I don't think that's a major problem anymore, since there are examples of other private servers doing that successfully. As long as the ogres have one head and the naga sirens have only 2 arms, I think we're gonna be fine. I think these two races, the Ogres and the Naga open up very creative possibilities for new interesting racials and roleplay potential.

Invokersama

Post by Invokersama » Tue Apr 09, 2024 1:41 pm

Imonobor wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:25 am

Nagas as a playable race has been requested by the community even all the way back to vanilla. Metzen commented that he wanted to make Ogres, Goblins and Naga playable races one day, but they had trouble fitting the gear on them. I don't think that's a major problem anymore, since there are examples of other private servers doing that successfully. As long as the ogres have one head and the naga sirens have only 2 arms, I think we're gonna be fine. I think these two races, the Ogres and the Naga open up very creative possibilities for new interesting racials and roleplay potential.
idk about ogers but we don't need Pants or Feet gear models for Naga like taurans and feet gear, for mounts they could side saddle.

also i would love if their starting zone would be also underwater, imagine their major city underwater too like atlantis city with big giant bubble of O2 around the city to make other races breath.

i can imagine Naga racials be like [double movement speed in water/ frost and shadow resist / 5% more shadow and frost dmg / breath underwater / Polearms Specialization / and their racial spell would be anything]

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:30 am

Ogres for Horde are the race I definitely agree that Turtle WoW should add if they ever add more races, but coming up with a race that fits with the Alliance in the context of WC3-Vanilla WoW is really, really hard. The only race that vaguely fits the Alliance are Furbolgs and that's largely due to their connections and friendly past with the Night Elves, but Furbolgs are so far removed from the themes and aesthetics of the Alliance that there's no good reason for them to be playable. Worgen make zero sense and Murlocs are a huge no. Naga, possibly? Maybe with a bit of custom additional lore, you could make it work, but even Naga would stick out like a sore thumb compared to the other Alliance races (but to be fair the Forsaken stick out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the Horde)

Also Ogre rogues shouldn't be playable, it simply looks silly. Sure, there's Ogre rogue NPCs, but if you want to go at that angle, then there's tauren rogue NPCs in the Grimtotem tribe.

Ogres should be limited to
-Warriors
-Hunters
-Shamans
-Mages
-Warlocks
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Rayken

Post by Rayken » Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:54 pm

I don't want anymore Elves either, but, we do have to go back to what makes the most sense for a Vanilla style world. That's what separates TWoW from all these janky other private servers with no story and random mechanics.

There are a LOT of reasons why Naga can never work, unfortunately, as cool as it would be. If there were somehow a rogue faction of Naga and TWoW decides to take us into the Great Seas (player boats instead of mounts perhaps?) I could maybe see something like that. But it would be a stretch. These are essentially monsters as bad as the Burning Legion to surface dwellers, I wouldn't see them next to Night Elves or High Elves, ever, and it would be tough to see them fighting on the Horde too.

Naga gear really doesn't matter. As long as we can see everything except legs and boots, I don't think players would mind. But the idea of them is more as Azeroth's big bad, not allies.

As for Two-Headed Ogres, I don't think it would be a big deal if only one head wears the helmet, and the other head has a horn.

Ichtacaforum

Post by Ichtacaforum » Thu Apr 11, 2024 2:37 pm

but Furbolgs are so far removed from the themes and aesthetics of the Alliance that there's no good reason for them to be playable.
It seems pretty messed up to deny the Furbolg based on their not being human-like enough. In general, I feel like something defying the aesthetic of "human look-alikes" should be a point for, not against. Alliance could do with something that isn't just humans with a different build/height/ears. At least night elves have non-human skin colors going for them.

Pauloricardo

Post by Pauloricardo » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 pm

Imonobor wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:25 am
While Furbolg, gnolls and even murlocs could be cool and meme-y additions to the alliance, I don't think it would fit very well lore-wise and RP-wise. These races are supposed to be primitive, not very intelligent and hostile. It's why they were neutral creeps in Warcraft 3. They won't make good player races in my opinion.
I agree that we don't need more elves though.

If I had to choose a race for the alliance, it would be the Naga.
Of course, it would require a LOT of lore and explanation about how and why they would join the alliance, given that they and the night elves absolutely hate each other. But then again, night elves are just haters like that, they didn't like the high elves either. I don't think it's going to be any bigger stretch to integrate them into the alliance than Blizzard integrating the Undead into the horde. Everyone has accepted that the Undead are a part of the horde at this point and don't question just how weird it is for the other horde races that value honor and glory to accept walking corpses among them that care nothing for honor and work only for their own selfish goals.
I think the Naga could fill a similar role in the alliance - the tenuous "allies" that may or may not have their own agenda by joining in the Alliance. They could even start at "unfriendly" with the night elves or even the rest of the alliance races.

The furbolgs are as primitive as Taurens before they join the Horde and the little they know is due to fact the Night Elves taught them, so the Turtle WOW team could use the same with the Furbolgs.I don't know how difficult is to implement a good animation for them but I will not be rigid with this criterion,but I will enjoy Naga too. So now we have as possibilities:
Alliance Horde
-Furbolgs -Ogres
-Broken -Naga
-Worgen? -Revantusk Trolls

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:58 am

Add Dragonflight Dracthyr to both factions.

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:57 pm

Here are some possible racials for Ogres and Naga. Keep in mind they are in no way balanced, just cool ideas off the top of my mind.

OGRE:
Ogre Classes: Warrior, Hunter, Shaman, Mage, Warlock

Shaman racial: Thunder Clap?: Inflict damage to nearby enemies and slow their movement and attack speed by 30% for 5 seconds. (The early vanilla version of Thunder Clap was actually a shaman spell and also slowed movement speed)

Ogre racial bonuses:
______
Brutish: Stength is increased by 5%, but Intellect is reduced by 10%.
10% of strength is converted to spell power.
"Ogres are known more for their brute strength than their intelligence. Even so, their spell casters have found a way to use their strong physique for enhancing the potency of their spells."

Bash: Every melee hit has a chance (scaling with attack speed) to stun the target for 1 second.

Smash: Mace skill increased.

Enrage: While under 20% health, increases attack and casting speed by 10% and gives 50% chance to ignore cast time loss from taking damage.

-Cooking skill increased by 10. Alcohol tolerance increased by 100% (it's twice harder to get drunk).
NAGA:
Naga Classes: Warrior, Hunter, Rogue, Mage, Priest, Warlock?, Shaman? (If horde get undead paladin/DK?)

Priest racials:
-Parasite: Inflicts minor shadow damage over 1 minute duration. If the target dies while afflicted, spawns a mur'gul minion under the priest's control that lasts for a minute. 5 min CD. Can be dispelled.

-Blessing of the tides: Gives 100% of the priest's spirit regeneration for 20 seconds to all party members, even while casting. 5 min CD.

Naga racial bonuses:
______
-Tenuous relations: Faction reputations start at unfriendly.
"The nagas' relations with the alliance is tenuous at best and they would need to prove themselves as loyal and trustworthy to dispel the factions' mistrust."

-Swimming speed is the same as run speed. (Does not apply to slither). Infinite breath underwater.

-Tidal Wave: Inflicts frost damage to all enemies in a frontal cone and knocks them back. Damage scales with player level (5xlevel?). 5 Minute Cooldown.

-Trident mastery: Polearm skill increased.
-Rending claws: Unarmed skill increased. Gives unarmed attacks a chance (depending on attack speed) to inflict a bleed on hit, dealing weapon damage over 8 seconds and reducing healing received by 20%. Healing reduction does not stack with other similar effects like Mortal Strike.

-Fishing skill increased by 10.

-Slither: Can learn to Slither, increasing movement speed, same as Plainsrunning.

-Lissp (Hidden racial): 50% of the letters 's' you type come out as 'ss'. (only works for /say)