Lashers farm is broken

Ataika

Lashers farm is broken

Post by Ataika » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:04 am

Why is it still possible ?
I do not know any raider who farms gold in any other way.
People simply level mages for that purpose because this farm is so far ahead of any other methods its ridiculous.

I would understand if they drop herbs and other mats stuff, but the main problem is - gold comes from gray trash you sell. Iam not sure why developers are not concern because 100g/hour is an insane inflation increase stuff, people literally get gold our of nowhere.

Why its still possible ? Why its not nerfed ?
I understand that this topic will be swarmed by mad raiders who does like the idea to sit there 3 horus and get gold for a whole raiding week, but this farm is not health for the server overall.

Decrease trash income (delete it), increase herbs drop - this will stop inflating gold and bring more herbs on the AH to decrease prices overall. Benefits everyone, benefits server. Why not ?

Valadorn
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Lashers farm is broken

Post by Valadorn » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:26 am

Why are you concerned ? You have 2 choices

1. Do it yourself
2. Ignore it

I dont see the problem, its not like its restricted, it takes a fair amount of skill to do it

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:37 am

Valadorn wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:26 am
Why are you concerned ?
Because it inflates gold ?
When its so easy to farm high amount of gold prices will be high.
Valadorn wrote:
it takes a fair amount of skill to do it
lmao

Erhog

Post by Erhog » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:23 am

Unlike of ZG crocs farming DME could be farmed by every class in the game with dedicated build and equipment setup and no even on warrrior or tank shaman you don't need t3 level of eq to do this fast and consistently but ofc mages or priests or palas doing it faster than druids/locks/rogues/warriors/shamans. Due to it's provides herbs - it's actually keep prices on cnsumbles at lower level than it's could be(check plaguebloom used potions - they are high priced due to it's impossible to farm in instances so it's VERY limited compared to other herbs).

Anyway there is another instance spots with high gold/h rate, removing DME drops will just changing the focus of farmers and push prices for consumbles due to shortage of supply.

Reignwizard

Post by Reignwizard » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:37 am

that's the spirit of vanilla, they shouldn't change anything.

if you don't like you are free to play on any other servers

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:40 am

Valadorn wrote:
Why are you concerned ? You have 2 choices

1. Do it yourself
2. Ignore it

I dont see the problem, its not like its restricted, it takes a fair amount of skill to do it
To be honest, I'm surprised that they haven't changed this one yet. To be clear, it really doesn't take a lot of skill to execute if you do 1-2 packs at a time. In fact, the barrier to entry is very low because a freshly levelled 60 can do this with ease. Sure, with a bit more gear & skill, you can do big pulls (e.g. 4 packs at a time) but you can still make tonnes of gold doing it the safer way.

Also, the scalability of this type of farm is off the scale. From experience on Classic/SoM, you can easily clear all the lashers (and pick the herbs) in about 5 minutes. After doing 5 runs which takes ~25 minutes you swap to another character to avoid the instance lockout. So, this basically doubles the efficiency in this example. Trust me, as mentioned, with a bit more gear & skill, people can squeeze in a third character within the 1 hour timer and triple the earnings! By the way, this isn't really a secret; people have freely admitted to doing this on the Discord server because it doesn't break any rules.

You might say that it's quite a lot of hassle to level 2-3 Mages but is it really? The server is effectively a x2 rate when using tents and levelling a Mage is pretty easy.

Finally, the thing that drastically increases the efficiency (compared to Classic/SoM) is the fact that you can buy a repair bot from the store so you can sell the loot without having to leave the instance. As for the herbs and rare/expensive drops? Well, you can buy a portable mailbox too! Trust me, there are plenty of people who do this....

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:43 am

Reignwizard wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:37 am
Indeed, I like when the spirit of Vanilla is respected when it comes to their designs.

However, we can't hide away from the fact that TWoW has changed the environment in other ways (see my previous post) which allows people to farm raw gold to such an extent that it is, undeniably, harmful to the economy.

You can very easily argue that the way people are leveraging it is very much not in the spirit of Vanilla...

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:45 am

Erhog wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:23 am
Anyway there is another instance spots with high gold/h rate, removing DME drops will just changing the focus of farmers and push prices for consumbles due to shortage of supply.
But is the barrier to entry for those other instance spots as low as the one in DME?

Erhog

Post by Erhog » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:09 pm

Jc473 wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:45 am
Erhog wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:23 am
But is the barrier to entry for those other instance spots as low as the one in DME?
Yes. Ofc there is the better spots similiar to something like farm DMT but they are locked to certain classes but there is other one like maraudon or some others(don't want to spoil it) which provides tons of gold/h and some only required to have herbalism and others are being level 60 and not completely retarded.

Bahamutxd

Post by Bahamutxd » Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:51 pm

ZG crocs farm was nerfed for a reason, why this is not nerfed yet remains a mystery. Just like afk raids in Hyjal.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:59 pm

Reignwizard wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:37 am

if you don't like you are free to play on any other servers
Imagine writing about "spirit of vanilla" while playing highly customised server.

Erhog

Post by Erhog » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:21 pm

ZG crocs farm was nerfed for a reason
You can take it as a lil nerf of mages. It wouldn't be if it would be available for every other class just coz it wouldn't be that profitable at all due to nobody would pay 2g per bijou if you can just go and farm any amount by yourself in any time. Exclusive abusive farms nerfed and this is ok. You still can farm it as warrior/paladin+healer and share loot which still grants 100g+/h for both but at least required coordination and aren't exclusive.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:40 pm

Someone on the team must farm lashers or maybe they wouldn't want to upset Vrograg because he has a mage that does it. I wouldnt do it myself because it is cheating and i have morals.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:11 pm

Eversongwoods wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:40 pm
Someone on the team must farm lashers or maybe they wouldn't want to upset Vrograg because he has a mage that does it. I wouldnt do it myself because it is cheating and i have morals.
I believe Vrograg mains a rogue and endured the nerfs to ‘rogue tanking’ with the flourish changes. That was a good farming method he and a bunch of other rogues used before it was taken away…

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:42 pm

I believe the devs aren't fond of "dungeon farms" so I wouldn't be surprised if lashers get nerfed in the future.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:53 pm

Blackduck wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:42 pm
I believe the devs aren't fond of "dungeon farms" so I wouldn't be surprised if lashers get nerfed in the future.
Its enough to /who dire maul to see the amount of disaster this method brings.
Literally every hour hundreds of golds are coming out of nowhere into our economy inflating currency.

No clue what they are waiting for.
China bots that farm plaguebloom do less damage.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:12 pm

Well. Any gold is coming from "nowhere".
What farming method is acceptable for you?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:43 pm

Xudo wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:12 pm
The mental gymnast in his natural habitat.
If any gold is coming from nowhere and blizzlike why did they nerf zg crocs ?

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:46 pm

Ataika wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:43 pm
Xudo wrote:
Funny. But imagine that lasher farm will be nerfed. What will you want to nerf next? When you stop nerfing gold farms?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:28 pm

Xudo wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:46 pm
Ataika wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:43 pm
Xudo wrote:
Funny. But imagine that lasher farm will be nerfed. What will you want to nerf next? When you stop nerfing gold farms?
I would like to nerf any gold farming method where people get straigh gold from mobs and not consumables/tradable items. Selling items from bosses is fine since its nowhere crazy 100+g a hour
Its logical, its healthy for the server and community. Sure, selfish mobs gonna butrhurt becayse their gold out of thin air is gone but who cares.

Ibux
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Ibux » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:35 pm

i wouldn't be so sure about that. i think it will hurt new players more then long time players already with a shit ton of gold saved up.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:39 pm

Ibux wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:35 pm
i wouldn't be so sure about that. i think it will hurt new players more then long time players already with a shit ton of gold saved up.
Because the nerf should have been done 2 years ago and not now.
Each day developers ignore this issue makes a ton of gold that came out of nowhere inflating the economy.

This is not a prime time and DM is stuffed with paladins and mages
People do not bother with other gold methods because why should you when u can get 10 euro portable bot, hop into instance with ur toon and make hundreds of gold with ezmode farming and then vacuum clean the AH house.

And no, it wont hurt the newbies because these prices will stabilize if administration manage to close all these goldfarming meme gaps people abuse in masses.

Tendies

Post by Tendies » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:25 pm

Paladin farms don't get nerfed.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:43 pm

More items and gold doesn't cause inflation. The more herbs and bags that are listed on the auction house, those prices will drop.

Lasher farms, croc farms, etc are good for the economy. The problem is two fold. 1. Scalpers and 2. Lower supply. If you remove lasher farms herbs, bags, etc will get even more expensive.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:53 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:43 pm
More items and gold doesn't cause inflation. The more herbs and bags that are listed on the auction house, those prices will drop.

Lasher farms, croc farms, etc are good for the economy. The problem is two fold. 1. Scalpers and 2. Lower supply. If you remove lasher farms herbs, bags, etc will get even more expensive.
The point of the thread is the raw gold generated from the grey items dropped by the lashers. People also typically vendor the green items from them too. It is this raw gold generation which leads to inflation if people take the piss with it.

Nobody has an issue with the items obtained from this dungeon farm which are sold on the AH (e.g herbs and class books).

I think a simple tweak would be to replace the grey items with more herbs. So, 90% of the stuff you’d get from the lasher farm would be herbs which is better for the economy.

Ibux

Post by Ibux » Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:59 pm

i think finding herbs outside of the dungeons should be worth more then camping inside dme / mara / sm / rfd. it's pretty lame if contested resources is way way way less worth farming then unlimited farmed ones in dungeons.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:04 pm

Ibux wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:59 pm
i think finding herbs outside of the dungeons should be worth more then camping inside dme / mara / sm / rfd. it's pretty lame if contested resources is way way way less worth farming then unlimited farmed ones in dungeons.
Agree but it's better than the overworld herbs getting camped to ridiculous levels. I think you can only solve that if you increase the node coverage (and respawn frequency) substantially.

Obviously, this comment doesn't apply for the PvP realm.

Ibux

Post by Ibux » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:12 pm

guess you could also reduce the amount of herb generated from the dungeons. so that you farm around the same in value in dungeon as in open world more or less.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:24 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
More items and gold doesn't cause inflation
Tons of gold from grey trash lashers generate does affect inflation, you should be delutional or biased to deny that.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:25 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
More items and gold doesn't cause inflation.
[...] The problem is two fold. 1. Scalpers
If gold doesn't cause inflation but Scalpers do, then explain how is it possible that Scalpers have enough gold to scalp the items in AH?
Of course more gold per player in economy causes the inflation, it's ALWAYS true. For example just look at every fresh WoW server that came out - in the first days after launch everything is very cheap compared to the economy after a few months/years.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:31 pm

Ataika wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:24 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
More items and gold doesn't cause inflation
Tons of gold from grey trash lashers generate does affect inflation, you should be delutional or biased to deny that.
Why the insult? How was that productive?

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:35 pm

Zvyrhol wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:25 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
If gold doesn't cause inflation but Scalpers do, then explain how is it possible that Scalpers have enough gold to scalp the items in AH?
Of course more gold per player in economy causes the inflation, it's ALWAYS true. For example just look at every fresh WoW server that came out - in the first days after launch everything is very cheap compared to the economy after a few months/years.
It's pretty simple. You just play the AH. Scalpers don't farm. You start small and work your way up. That's why everything is inflated. Not because there's too much gold in the economy. It's at every level of item. Silverleaf went from a few copper to 25s/ea the other week. It maybe cost someone 1g to buy out the market and they probably made a few gold off it. Then you can move up to the next tier. A guy on YouTube made several videos on how to do it in classic.

Scalpers have directly over inflated the economy. The reason it stays inflated is multifaceted. Mainly, though, that there are a lot of ppl that have been on the server for years and have anywhere from 5 to 35 crafting CD alts. They can afford to buy everything. The gold earned keeps the inflation high, but it's not the source of it. The source is 1. Scalping and 2. Not enough supply, in that order. If you choke out the supply by removing another farm, costs will only rise further.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:13 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:35 pm
Zvyrhol wrote:
Drubarrymooer wrote:
It's pretty simple. You just play the AH. Scalpers don't farm. You start small and work your way up. That's why everything is inflated. Not because there's too much gold in the economy. It's at every level of item. Silverleaf went from a few copper to 25s/ea the other week. It maybe cost someone 1g to buy out the market and they probably made a few gold off it. Then you can move up to the next tier. A guy on YouTube made several videos on how to do it in classic.

Scalpers have directly over inflated the economy. The reason it stays inflated is multifaceted. Mainly, though, that there are a lot of ppl that have been on the server for years and have anywhere from 5 to 35 crafting CD alts. They can afford to buy everything. The gold earned keeps the inflation high, but it's not the source of it. The source is 1. Scalping and 2. Not enough supply, in that order. If you choke out the supply by removing another farm, costs will only rise further.
The reason why flasks are 72g is peoples ability to buy them.
With every gold dupe method being nerfed people wont buy these flasks for 72g because there wont be any way to make 100+g per hour and be rich, simple as that.
Scalpersa or not u cant sell flasks for 72g at server start because everyone is poor.

Giving player opportunity 2 obtain a huge amount of gold out of air inflates economy and increases prices.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:30 pm

Drubarrymooer wrote:

Yes, scalpers artificially inflate the economy but it only works if there is enough gold in the system to actually buy at their prices.

Scalping will always exist to some extent because it’s a tactic to squeeze some profits out of an existing economy. However, it can never been the sole driver of market inflation.

If you reduce the raw gold generation then these scalpers’ current prices effectively become a market bubble which will pop because your average player (especially the new ones) will not have access to this kind of gold.

People can do whatever they want with the prices, but the flow of gold into the system will also be the main driver of inflation.

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:37 pm

Ataika wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:13 pm
Drubarrymooer wrote:
Zvyrhol wrote:

The reason why flasks are 72g is peoples ability to buy them.
With every gold dupe method being nerfed people wont buy these flasks for 72g because there wont be any way to make 100+g per hour and be rich, simple as that.
Scalpersa or not u cant sell flasks for 72g at server start because everyone is poor.

Giving player opportunity 2 obtain a huge amount of gold out of air inflates economy and increases prices.
I don't get it what exactly is the problem here? If every player has equal access to huge amounts of gold through lasher farm, then whats the difference if the flask costs 10g or 70g ? Is it a problem because you personally don't like lasher farming so because of that you're low on gold?