New abilities of pets.

Ulukay
Has liked: 1 time

New abilities of pets.

Post by Ulukay » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:41 am

All the hunter’s pets are approximately the same and do the same thing - cause damage (the exclusion of an owl that can slightly reduce the damage of the enemy). Why is there no pet (animal) who could do something else, for example, to heal 🙃 or protect someone, or something else that I still do not know about?
I don't know what abilities are on the other versions, as I haven't had a chance to play them, but surely there is something else besides "SMASH ENEMY".

Fanatix

Re: New abilities of pets.

Post by Fanatix » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:27 pm

I recommend you check out https://www.wow-petopia.com/classic/ for deeper insight into hunter pets.
There are definetely differences and different pets perform differently depending on situation.
Raids /Dungeonns have better optimal choice than Soloing, BGs, World PVP and possibly arena/blood ring.
That’s said some are not the best for anything if minMaxing. Could this last part be changed ? probably. But then another type which been someone’s favorite would just end up sidelined.

Azcron

Post by Azcron » Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:37 pm

Wolves/Foxes have an ability that increases party members next physical attack.

Turtlebisque

Post by Turtlebisque » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:06 pm

A healing pet does sound interesting, but yes hunter pets are already thoughtout and perfect in classic besides maybe some more passive racials making them more different. There's plenty of spells for pets such as screech and furious howl.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:26 am

All you're talking about are minor deviations that don't make much difference between pets. Pets have one use - to deal damage and|or tank. I am talking about large different ones, so that the pets are really different, and not just the appearance and tiny changes in skills.
The hunter is one of my favorite classes, and I know a lot about hunters. I do not need a pet with the ability to create a threat, but I would be useful to a pet capable of giving me some kind of tangible bonus. In fact, I am just tired of monotonous pets and I want something new and fresh.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:14 am

Ulukay wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:26 am
All you're talking about are minor deviations that don't make much difference between pets. Pets have one use - to deal damage and|or tank. I am talking about large different ones, so that the pets are really different, and not just the appearance and tiny changes in skills.
The hunter is one of my favorite classes, and I know a lot about hunters. I do not need a pet with the ability to create a threat, but I would be useful to a pet capable of giving me some kind of tangible bonus. In fact, I am just tired of monotonous pets and I want something new and fresh.
Your wishes contradict to class balance, mostly in pvp

Xudo
Has liked: 49 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:01 pm

I'd add different behavior of pets.
Now they all just attack target.
I'd like to see pets that run away from target if that pet get aggro.
Nothing special, but it will change dynamic of the fight.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:43 pm

Ataika wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:14 am
Ulukay wrote:
I am absolutely not interested in PVP. And this is not a wishes, but rather a push, for the appearance of ideas.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Dec 27, 2023 1:30 pm

Ulukay wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:43 pm
Ataika wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:14 am
Ulukay wrote:
I am absolutely not interested in PVP. And this is not a wishes, but rather a push, for the appearance of ideas.
Your suggestions will affect pvp

Ulukay

Post by Ulukay » Sat May 25, 2024 6:11 am

The pet can be trained to increase resistance, armor, and health. Maybe we should introduce physical damage training, or dodge, or magic damage amplification (after all, some pets are capable of dealing magic damage)? At the same time, it is possible to make the training of the skill [Growl] worth the training point. This would allow you to make a choice between a defensive pet and an attacker.In general, to create more areas of development.

Itorch100
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Itorch100 » Sun Jun 02, 2024 8:44 pm

You're suggesting something like WotLK pet family abilities, aren't you? Like, spiders have web root, crabs have pinch, etc. There are already some cases in vanilla, like boar charge, gorilla thunderstomp, but I agree that it would add so much flavor and make the pet system much more interesting.

As others mentioned, my concern is mainly with PvP balance, but I'm all for fun and flavor, so I'm hoping for a creative solution at some point :)

Natuaduck
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Natuaduck » Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:15 pm

As an experienced hunter across every expansion, it's always tragic hearing cope arguments from the "No Changes" sorts of people, especially in this thread already.

Ultimately, Cat/Bat/Wind Serpent and Wolf are the pet types that are functional.

Whatever has the highest attack speed. Bottom line. Ultimately the most used pets are with a reason, they deal damage. If you take away the "skin" of the pet, it's literally just stats. The bat and cat with the 1.0 attack speed are functionally the same.

The Turtle has the distinctive "Shell" ability, which is the most unique of them, and the Wind Serpent for its instant blast of ranged Nature damage. So why not support more variety? The changes they made in WotLK were with purpose, and especially for pvp, added loads of play style variants for pet type and their usage.

People are so deathly afraid of change of the smallest kind that they think it'll bring about the end of all things "classic".

Xudo
Has liked: 49 times

Post by Xudo » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:13 pm

Spiders can become viable if they get "slowing poison", which will slow attack and/or casting speed for 15-20%. They can get higher own attack speed or low damage. But their utility will be the same as high-attack-speed pets.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Ibux
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Ibux » Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:46 pm

Xudo wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2024 5:13 pm
Spiders can become viable if they get "slowing poison", which will slow attack and/or casting speed for 15-20%. They can get higher own attack speed or low damage. But their utility will be the same as high-attack-speed pets.
maybe spider pets could set cobweb traps? which lasts up to 60 seconds and if someone enters it they are rooted for a few seconds. or just slowed a bit.