Status update, your concerns, and the future

Flyingshroom

Re: Status update, your concerns, and the future.

Post by Flyingshroom » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:41 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:53 am
Thecakeisalie wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:49 am
This doesn't say much, as it stands now won't the new EU server be flooded by Chinese players as they will pick it due to low queues times, how will the Turtle Team address that?
Our goal is to provide a comfortable experience for Chinese players on the SEA realms, that run on a separate infrastructure from the European services. Both EU realm (if the second realm isn't canceled due to lack of demand), will not have any support for Hanzi, nor the non-English speaking support (which is currently being provided on SEA realms).
Isn't it better to just release 2 new SEA instead of EU and SEA, because EU didn't get over 8k before the chinese came, so i dont see the point in having 2 of them.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:47 pm

Gnomoerectus wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:58 am
That's a corporate canned response if I've ever seen one.
This is a worthless and unconstructive response if ever I've seen one.

Syboro

Post by Syboro » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:00 pm

Hctwowfan wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 3:23 pm
Absolutely, let's attract more players for even longer queues =D make the new eu realm pvp so all the sweatlords leave twow for the new realm, fight each other for 2 months until faction imbalance and no transfers turns it into a one faction pve server, like every pvp server always has and forever will
This exactly happens only with transfer available blizz servers, i dont remember any issues on Nostalrius for ex. with imbalance or 2 month gameplay etc. New fresh EU will attract and hype true, but first one server will stay calm home and bay for rp/pve/hcs fellows.

Bjluihua

Post by Bjluihua » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:05 pm

亚洲新开的服务器,能不能分阶段开放团队副本进度。
如果是这样,这个区组的存活和可玩时间会特别特别长。
你要相信中国玩家的热情和消费能力。
如果新开的服务器是阶段性开放副本,那么这个服务器肯定肯定会异常火爆!!!

Awesomeguy1337

Post by Awesomeguy1337 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:15 pm

You have abandoned us.
This is not true. We are just as frustrated by these claims as you are by sitting in a logon queue. The health of our main server is our top priority, as it serves as our main source of motivation to continue developing. Every writer, developer, and contributor actually plays in their own content. If we are not responding, it is likely because we are trying to solve technical or operational difficulties we encounter along the way.
it is very difficult to not feel this way when there are such urgent, crippling issues at hand that can be so decisively resolved or temporarily alleviated to some degree when the approach is to actually do so, rather than keep everybody "satisfied"; more on that further down
We need a Hardcore-only server!
We are against this idea because we believe that the current design of integrating Hardcore players back into the raiding community upon reaching level 60 is the best approach. For those who want to play Hardcore after reaching level 60, there is an Inferno Mode. Having a Hardcore-only server with the option to transfer leveled characters back to the main server would result in many alienated players who have no background in the community they have just joined.
you would accomplish the same route of integration of hardcore players into the raiding community upon reaching level 60 by providing them their own server to transfer from, or by providing them their own phase

softcore and hardcore players are in direct (often quite aggressive) competition; there is no cooperative group play and a severely diminished capacity for trading and other contributions to the economy of the server; there is simply no building of community at all

overpopulation is one issue but there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that i should be competing with hardcore players 10 to 15 levels higher than me & the zone that i'm in for quest mobs because they are playing their hardcore run safe in a much lower level environment, nor should hardcore players have to compete with stacked groups of softcore players on top of already stacked hardcore players

the current situation is actively bad for either and actively detrimental to building community
You have given up on enforcing a regional split on your services, making you lazy developers.
That is not correct. We are doing our best to proceed with the initial plan for transfers. However, we cannot force transfers on overcrowded realms, which is why we are currently installing a third SEA realm. If necessary, we will add a fourth realm until there is enough room to accommodate everyone. Despite claims that there is an infinite number of players to fill up all realms, I assure you that is not the case. Please keep in mind that newly opened realms always attract a slightly higher number of players, and we expect the population to naturally decrease in the coming weeks.
i question the point of having regional servers when there is ultimately little attempt to enforce the split between regions, more so with no strong incentive for established players to make the transfer to a new server at this time
Just ban all the Chinese.
Turtle WoW will always strive to provide a comfortable experience for everyone, and never at cost of the others.
in taking the "appeal to everyone" approach to the project, you ensure indisputably that everyone, from any region, softcore or hardcore, level 1 or level 60, is engaging with the project at least at a level of mild discomfort or compromise rather than comfort

i'm certainly not the only one who has experienced the competition detailed previously

once again the current situation is actively detrimental to building community
While it may take some time, we ask for your patience and understanding as we complete our expansion.

Our project has been online for 5 years, and I believe we have consistently shown that we prioritize the community above all else. Things may seem grave to you, but we are not an evil corporate entity. Thank you.
i am a veteran when it comes to this though very new to turtle in particular; i've known about this server for a significant portion of the lifespan and hesitated for that duration because of what i've seen firsthand previously and the concern that an approach like this brings

this catch-all "cater to everyone with everything all the time" approach is a slow-acting poison that is going to make myself and a lot of others hesitant or regretful to engage or continue engaging with the game; it is vital to give each demographic of players what they want and minimize what they don't want as compactly as possible, though without hesitating to place separation between them when required

overall this addressing of issues is uncharacteristically shortsighted, lacking in initiative and borderline dismissive for a project that otherwise is (or was) seemingly so focused on sustainability, longevity and forward-thinking

it is not a good omen

Tutayanova

Post by Tutayanova » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:44 pm

Alubby5th wrote:
Tutayanova wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:44 pm
Our goal is to provide a comfortable experience for Chinese players on the SEA realms, that run on a separate infrastructure from the European services. Both EU realm (if the second realm isn't canceled due to lack of demand), will not have any support for Hanzi, nor the non-English speaking support (which is currently being provided on SEA realms).
Even if there is no support, what’s stopping CN players still going to the EU\NA server and writing 4=1?
Learning something new is always exciting.My son started learning English when he was about 3 years old.I'm proud of that although he has never got a chance to speak with a English man till now.If you understrand 4=1,why not accept it then?We respect your writing LFM/LF/WTB/ and so on.We never say bad thing against that.We need some respectation too. smiling_turtle_head
I dont use LFM/LF/WTB in chat, i just use addon lfm. A lot of CN don't even try to communicate, that's problem for me.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:55 pm

I sincerely hope that turtle team will manage current situation.
You did great job and it attract a lot of attention.
Keep up. I think that players all over the world are watching your closely. Most of them wait until things get settled.
Be ready to face high EU population when 1.17 patch will be published.
Consider distributing game client with torrents.
It is probably hard to find hosting provider which accepts unofficial World of Warcraft servers. It is good that you finally found some.
10k on one server is not comfortable. So opening more EU realms is wise decision.

If you fix vanilla PvP, you will probably be more successful than Blizzards. Be ready for same situation in the future.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Besrez

Post by Besrez » Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:57 pm

open a purely hc server, why do you think you know better than the players what they need??? as on the official server with mail, auctionon since everyone will be hc and everyone will be equal

it's just that now it's all turned into a stupid pvp server, without the ability to play normally and calmly for peaceful players

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:05 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:25 am
  • We need a Hardcore-only server!
We are against this idea because we believe that the current design of integrating Hardcore players back into the raiding community upon reaching level 60 is the best approach. For those who want to play Hardcore after reaching level 60, there is an Inferno Mode. Having a Hardcore-only server with the option to transfer leveled characters back to the main server would result in many alienated players who have no background in the community they have just joined.
HC players are COMPETING against normal players. They do not have any "background" with the normal community as they can't even interact with it outside of competing for spawns. The only impact they may have on the normal community is pissing people off by sniping quest spawns or giving people in /world a laugh by dying to murlocs.
HC-only server with a transfer at 60 option makes perfect sense and would be a blessing for the main server while also improving the gameplay for HC players.

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:31 pm

Awesomeguy1337 wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:15 pm
this catch-all "cater to everyone with everything all the time" approach is a slow-acting poison that is going to make myself and a lot of others hesitant or regretful to engage or continue engaging with the game; it is vital to give each demographic of players what they want and minimize what they don't want as compactly as possible, though without hesitating to place separation between them when required
Exactly this. The team has been unfortunately patronizing during the last few weeks. Many of us have rationally, patiently, and politely shared our concerns regarding this disruptive influx of players. "Welcoming everyone" is fine as long as it doesn't turn the server into an unwelcoming place.

Caotic

Post by Caotic » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:34 pm

its very hard to be a dev i cant imagine all of the decisions y'all have to make and i just want to say that i love y'all the turtle team and i have total confidence in all of you just keep on y'alls track don't let players rush you into making hasty choices

Wzzhangzzz

Post by Wzzhangzzz » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:54 pm

希望有个纯HC服务器

Turboman

Post by Turboman » Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:59 pm

Jaccob wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:59 am
Calling it right now, we will end up with HC only realm, as with most things the development of Turtle has gone the full corporate dev circle now:

Community asks for something -> devs refuse cuz they simply know better (blizz mindset)
Community keeps asking for 6+ months -> devs finally agree

Class changes/removal of wbuffs/debuff limit/literally any change to the core vanilla gameplay are the prime examples of this
I dont know about world buffs/debuff limits, but the class changes is the "plus" in the classic+.
Its kinda weird of you to call it out as something bad considering that it is the entire point of this server's philosophy. Maybe you should give a better example?

Charanko
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Charanko » Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:31 pm

Axxl wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:41 pm
Axxl wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:16 pm
@Torta - maybe consider going the RP route on EU2 if you make it, generally that pulls a different group of players and may ensure you don't end up with a fractured player base.

Also agreed on points around trying to ensure if it goes live it doesn't become a primarily chinese pop server. Not sure how you that mind!
I'd second that. Since the main-realm has moved away from the RP (since the huge influx of "normal"-PvE-Players at the beginning of 2023), the entire RP-Atmosphere has been flushed out. I know we're propably a minority, but even we have dreams. :p
That's 2 votes! RP-PVE EU - 2 is the future!
[/quote]

Another pve will divide the community more then another pvp server
…the pvp server could still keep the cross faction raiding imo…if u afraid of one sided servers
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:29 pm

Charanko wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 6:31 pm
Axxl wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:41 pm
Axxl wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:16 pm
@Torta - maybe consider going the RP route on EU2 if you make it, generally that pulls a different group of players and may ensure you don't end up with a fractured player base.

Also agreed on points around trying to ensure if it goes live it doesn't become a primarily chinese pop server. Not sure how you that mind!
Lots of Talk about "Dividing the Community" but whats Happening right now is also divination

I'd second that. Since the main-realm has moved away from the RP (since the huge influx of "normal"-PvE-Players at the beginning of 2023), the entire RP-Atmosphere has been flushed out. I know we're propably a minority, but even we have dreams. :p
That's 2 votes! RP-PVE EU - 2 is the future!

Another pve will divide the community more then another pvp server
…the pvp server could still keep the cross faction raiding imo…if u afraid of one sided servers
Lots of Talk Always about "Dividing the Community" but what does this actually mean to you? You wouldnt even know 5% of the server even If it was Divided. So what would that actually Change for You?
I for one would be even fine With Just 3k Players on one Realm. This would still be enough of a Community, keeping the crossfaction Play in mind.
We are Dividing the Community right now with those SEA/CN-Servers. But that ist NECESSARY! For my Personal taste even the 8k Players (before the Chinese influx) were too many. But okay. For some people the Server cant be crowded enough.

And we'd be talking about an actual RP-Realm, where RP-rules might be enforced a bit more strictly, so we dont have another "Steaktank" or whatever.
Last edited by Sylveria on Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:30 pm

ppl asking for hardcore server could be called naive, but the pvp crowd.. just deluded

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:59 pm

I for one do Not understand the concerns about the "EU Community Division". If ppl Change Realm, their Bonds to that Community were Not very strong to begin with. On The other Hand, as some stated before: a New EU Realm might attract New EU Players in General. They might rather start fresh with other people than be thrown into a "community" that is already established, that has already cleared everything and that already has an established Economy.
Lots of my Classic guildies might be Interested to Swap over to TWoW If they wouldnt have to step into this established system.

As the CN/SEA-servers have shown: New Servers attract New Players.

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:11 pm

Mavbyte wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:59 pm
I for one do Not understand the concerns about the "EU Community Division". If ppl Change Realm, their Bonds to that Community were Not very strong to begin with. On The other Hand, as some stated before: a New EU Realm might attract New EU Players in General. They might rather start fresh with other people than be thrown into a "community" that is already established, that has already cleared everything and that already has an established Economy.
Lots of my Classic guildies might be Interested to Swap over to TWoW If they wouldnt have to step into this established system.

Yes. The decision to create a new server is not rocket science. It's not about diving the community or whatever. It's about population: has the server reached it's population cap? Create a new one; if not, keep the one you have. If the devs don't want to lock the servers or make them invite-only, then you can never guarantee a priori you won't need to open a new server. I remember all the times the devs stressed a new realm was out of question. Guess what: the main realm got overcrowded and TWoW is on it's way to have 5 realms.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:14 pm

Skumbanana wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:11 pm
Mavbyte wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:59 pm

Yes. The decision to create a new server is not rocket science. It's not about diving the community or whatever. It's about population: has the server reached it's population cap? Create a new one; if not, keep the one you have. If the devs don't want to lock the servers or make them invite-only, then you can never guarantee a priori you won't need to open a new server. I remember all the times the devs stressed a new realm was out of question. Guess what: the main realm got overcrowded and TWoW is on it's way to have 5 realms.
You're missing the point. The Europe (main) realm is only overcrowded with Chinese. Without the Chinese the population during Europe peak would be around 5k. So they're basically making a new EUROPE server for the Chinese.

Karico

Post by Karico » Wed Sep 13, 2023 9:55 pm

unhappy_turtle

Gassollina

Post by Gassollina » Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:41 pm

You are going about this the wrong way.
It's a real shame to see you going the way of Blizzard in not listening to what the community wants.
What happened to the bold decisions that set this server apart from the rest and helped make it the leading one it is today?
You've currently got a golden opportunity here to launch a new EU realm, but it needs to be different to the current one. No use having two realms the same, that will just dilute both.
Instead, why not create a HC realm instead? You could even transfer all current HC members to it if you wanted to alleviate the current server overpopulation.
You can take the initiative early on and instantly solve the ever-growing conflict between SC and HC players at the same time.
Two birds with one stone.
I implore you to re-think this choice, Torta. You are better than this.

Geojak
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Geojak » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:19 am

Hctwowfan wrote:
Geojak wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:35 pm
I think I am warming up to the thought of a pvp (not rp) realm. I won't play on it but I am sure it will be demanded enough not just by Chinese to justify it. Many English international kept on the fence becuase turtle Was pve. And just as the Chinese Pop is booming, The rest of the world also watches.
Absolutely, let's attract more players for even longer queues =D make the new eu realm pvp so all the sweatlords leave twow for the new realm, fight each other for 2 months until faction imbalance and no transfers turns it into a one faction pve server, like every pvp server always has and forever will
Exactly, but still better than opening another rp pve realm. That's just a punch in the face of the og server. If hc is of the table which would have made most sense, than atleast make it pvp to differentiate it.

Yasuoxx

Post by Yasuoxx » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:53 am

You have no idea what a terrifying and disgusting group China's Jinnong and studios are. They don't have jobs, they make money through games, and they cause damage in games. They are present in every game in China, and their group is huge and they are good at using crowd tactics.

So now do you understand who your biggest enemy is?

Blackduck

Post by Blackduck » Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:35 am

Torta wrote:
  • Just ban all the Chinese.
Turtle WoW will always strive to provide a comfortable experience for everyone, and never at cost of the others.
Can you just be honest and admit this is largely about money? We're not blind and we're not stupid. We all see the spectral tigers and other store mounts the chinese players are all riding around on at level 10. No one is buying that this has anything to do with political correctness or whatever. The chinese players are simply outspending the rest of us so they're the priority now. You're making bank off of them.

I can respect you cashing out, most people would do the same thing if they had the opportunity but please just be honest about it.

Mahalo

Post by Mahalo » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:25 am

Yasuoxx wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:53 am
You have no idea what a terrifying and disgusting group China's Jinnong and studios are. They don't have jobs, they make money through games, and they cause damage in games. They are present in every game in China, and their group is huge and they are good at using crowd tactics.

So now do you understand who your biggest enemy is?
yes.china have to patent for studio smiling_turtle_head

Mahalo

Post by Mahalo » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:29 am

Blackduck wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:35 am
Torta wrote:
Can you just be honest and admit this is largely about money? We're not blind and we're not stupid. We all see the spectral tigers and other store mounts the chinese players are all riding around on at level 10. No one is buying that this has anything to do with political correctness or whatever. The chinese players are simply outspending the rest of us so they're the priority now. You're making bank off of them.

I can respect you cashing out, most people would do the same thing if they had the opportunity but please just be honest about it.
Money is everything

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:35 am

Blackduck wrote:
Torta wrote:

Running this project is costs us a very big amount of money monthly and consumes basically all of our free time, both during our free and working hours.

We have been running this project with the same passion and dedication even when it had 300 online players for two years. Even when the player count dropped to 50, we continued to operate with the same enthusiasm. We have always pledged to keep it online as long as there are players willing to play. Additionally, we have consistently stood against hate towards any groups in our population. Please refrain from insulting me and our team.

There are easier and more efficient ways to "make bank" which do not involve so many challenges and potential risks we're facing while hosting a private WoW server.

Our decision to open another realm (preferably of a different type) is based on our vision that it will attract more EU players and help maintain a strong English-speaking community. We believe that many people who were deterred by the queues will return to play.

We will see first how the third Chinese realm will perform, as well as our efforts to motivate players to migrate to their own regional servers. We're closely monitoring the feedback given on forums, in game, Facebook and Discord.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:08 am

I was literally just going to post what Torta essentially said: None of you zoomers who sit on your asses playing this game, work retail jobs at the mall, work in skilled trade, or any sort of "on the ground" position in whatever career field you occupy have the first inkling of cost of operations of a large-scale online service.

You have no idea what the current costs for robust cloud service and DDoS protection (Cloudflare) costs. You have no idea how much infrastructure that can support 20,000 concurrent handshake connections, including 10,000 data-heavy (see: sending and receiving game data) costs, especially in three different countries where prices and available hardware vary. You have no idea how much the renting and maintaining the infrastructure costs.

If you don't have any idea how much money the team is pouring into this project, especially if you have no idea how much they're actually getting from donations and if they're even staying out of the red despite "these donation items being everywhere", then I suggest you shut the fuck up and quit making yourself look like a jackass. Some of us actually work in the industry and understand just how much money the team is pouring into this project, fully expecting that one-time purchases like mounts and companions are not going to be a long-term sustainable source of income.

I have never seen a single private server blow up so quickly and go to such lengths to expand in response to that popularity in 15 years of private server surfing, and the sheer ignorance, entitlement, and gob-smacking dipshittery I see from players who have been on this server for all of 2 or 3 months is staggering. Players who have been around for well over a year have a reason to be frustrated. You have every right to be anxious, to be frustrated, to be restless, to wish this could all just be resolved and everything running smoothly with the snap of a finger. That's no excuse to act like petulant children and stamp your feet and broadcast your complete and utter lack of understanding of even the most basic facts of network infrastructure and the speed at which solutions can be purchased, installed, configured, and manned.

Be patient or leave. But make your gripes civil and coherent instead of acting like some zoomer who bitches and whines until Mommy and Daddy give you what you want. Making fresh forum accounts with single digit post counts just to whinge about how hard life is for you and to belittle the people who made the game as popular as it is with accusations they've turned into yuan-chasing gremlins. Fucking reprobates, every single one of you.
Last edited by Redmagejoe on Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:19 am

Blackduck wrote:
We all see the spectral tigers and other store mounts the chinese players are all riding around on at level 10.
Is this true? I haven't been online for over 2 months now so I don't know, but if it's true then just wow.

edit: just to clarify - I have zero problems with staff "making a bank", just don't want it to happen at the cost of the server identity/spirit.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:21 am

Ingameacc12345 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:19 am
Is this true? I haven't been online for over 2 months now so I don't know, but if it's true then just wow.
I've seen all of 5 Spectral Tigers (maybe more, but maybe the same players, I don't know because I don't obsessively make a list of each player like some sort of conspiracy theorist) in an entire month of playing.

Skandergod

Post by Skandergod » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:36 am

Hey i have a couple questions regarding the issues exposed.
The new EU realm will further divide the English-speaking community.

We are closely monitoring the feedback provided on forums, Discord, and in-game. It is a controversial topic, but please be assured that we are reading and listening to everyone.
I have been thinking about this, isn't possible to make a NA realm instead?, i feel like there is a big NA playerbase Already in the server and i feel like it would be a nice split that will keep the EU realm populated well enough and let NA players have a communitty around their time zones to play.

You have abandoned us.

Sitting on the queues is really annoying, but have you considered there could be extra reasons on why players would be annoyed with their gameplay experience?, i would argue the long queues is not the only reason on why a player would say this, there are some obvious QoL changes that haven't implemented for some reason, like summoning stones for example, also some other stuff and problems about classes/itemization that should be worked on, etc...

Just ban all the Chinese.
I do applaude the work you guys are putting in into trying to deliver for Asia some quality servers for them to play in, but i do believe you have to understand the reasons of why people want chinese players banned, i dont think is necessarily because dont like people, but because they have precedent on how the classic/tbc/Everlook servers communities did work out for them, language barriers, etc..., now my question is, why do you think it is people want chinese players banned?.

Also i just want to add something to the conversation that you and the turtle team probably discussed already, but i think the best course of action would be not letting chinese players play on the European servers and make an announcement for them to be excited and hopefull that they will get a special server with localization and low latency, then, after a couple months, lift the ban...

Sorry if i sounded hostile, aggressive or beliigerant at some point of what i said and would really love if you can answer my questions torta, hope the best for the dev team and the server

Satirical

Post by Satirical » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:59 am

To touch on some of Skandergods points:
I have been thinking about this, isn't possible to make a NA realm instead?, i feel like there is a big NA playerbase Already in the server and i feel like it would be a nice split that will keep the EU realm populated well enough and let NA players have a communitty around their time zones to play.

Legal nightmare. Blizzard Activision would sue them out of house and home if they have a server in the US/Canada.
Sitting on the queues is really annoying, but have you considered there could be extra reasons on why players would be annoyed with their gameplay experience?, i would argue the long queues is not the only reason on why a player would say this, there are some obvious QoL changes that haven't implemented for some reason, like summoning stones for example, also some other stuff and problems about classes/itemization that should be worked on, etc...
Itemization should be worked on so its not bad, but i disagree about summoning stones.

Also i just want to add something to the conversation that you and the turtle team probably discussed already, but i think the best course of action would be not letting chinese players play on the European servers and make an announcement for them to be excited and hopefull that they will get a special server with localization and low latency, then, after a couple months, lift the ban...
I can agree with this.

Awesomeguy1337

Post by Awesomeguy1337 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:37 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:08 am
I was literally just going to post what Torta essentially said: None of you zoomers who sit on your asses playing this game, work retail jobs at the mall, work in skilled trade, or any sort of "on the ground" position in whatever career field you occupy have the first inkling of cost of operations of a large-scale online service.

You have no idea what the current costs for robust cloud service and DDoS protection (Cloudflare) costs. You have no idea how much infrastructure that can support 20,000 concurrent handshake connections, including 10,000 data-heavy (see: sending and receiving game data) costs, especially in three different countries where prices and available hardware vary. You have no idea how much the renting and maintaining the infrastructure costs.

If you don't have any idea how much money the team is pouring into this project, especially if you have no idea how much they're actually getting from donations and if they're even staying out of the red despite "these donation items being everywhere", then I suggest you shut the fuck up and quit making yourself look like a jackass. Some of us actually work in the industry and understand just how much money the team is pouring into this project, fully expecting that one-time purchases like mounts and companions are not going to be a long-term sustainable source of income.

I have never seen a single private server blow up so quickly and go to such lengths to expand in response to that popularity in 15 years of private server surfing, and the sheer ignorance, entitlement, and gob-smacking dipshittery I see from players who have been on this server for all of 2 or 3 months is staggering. Players who have been around for well over a year have a reason to be frustrated. You have every right to be anxious, to be frustrated, to be restless, to wish this could all just be resolved and everything running smoothly with the snap of a finger. That's no excuse to act like petulant children and stamp your feet and broadcast your complete and utter lack of understanding of even the most basic facts of network infrastructure and the speed at which solutions can be purchased, installed, configured, and manned.

Be patient or leave. But make your gripes civil and coherent instead of acting like some zoomer who bitches and whines until Mommy and Daddy give you what you want. Making fresh forum accounts with single digit post counts just to whinge about how hard life is for you and to belittle the people who made the game as popular as it is with accusations they've turned into yuan-chasing gremlins. Fucking reprobates, every single one of you.
ironic that the user who can barely get through a paragraph without slinging some kind of insult or vulgarity is telling the LOWLY TROGLODYTIC MASSES to be constructive and civilized and to stop belittling people

Charanko
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Charanko » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:41 am

Awesomeguy1337 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:37 am
Redmagejoe wrote:

ironic that the user who can barely get through a paragraph without slinging some kind of insult or vulgarity is telling the LOWLY TROGLODYTIC MASSES to be constructive and civilized and to stop belittling people
And then these people go on about community community… it starts with you,a little kindness goes a long way… i bet hes not much different ingame :)
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Awesomeguy1337

Post by Awesomeguy1337 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:46 am

Charanko wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:41 am
Awesomeguy1337 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 9:37 am
Redmagejoe wrote:

And then these people go on about community community… it starts with you,a little kindness goes a long way… i bet hes not much different ingame :)
we may one day find a common connection should the queues ever stop