If Fresh server is coming, PLEASE make it PVP server.

Liatris

Re: If Fresh server is coming, PLEASE make it PVP server.

Post by Liatris » Fri Mar 31, 2023 1:45 am

Bluecenter wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:08 pm
Liatris wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 5:49 am
Please not a PvP server.. I joined TurtleWoW to get away from those.

I get that the increased population of the server is causing a lot of frustration (with lag, waiting for respawns, etc.) but there are other solutions to that besides making a new server.

It really can be frustrating trying to level, especially if you're playing a slower leveling class. Just saw 4900ish pop a bit ago, and while I have seen respawn's pick up pace, it still feels like sludging through, as someone mentioned earlier.

I see the reasons for not having a separate server, pvp or otherwise, but I hope there are more dynamic solutions in the works that bring back the fun and joy of Turtle.

Remaining optimistic, but I'm really dreading 50 to 60. I can't imagine the crowds if the population maintains or grows.
Indeed. I'm leveling a mage and a hunter right now. I was thinking of trying out a tanking class, but most of them (at least in my experience) are very slow to level. I'm happy to see they're trying to solve the issue with the respawn rate. Yet even then, there's some places I'm thinking of just skipping completely since it'll be so crowded (looking at you, Westfall and Duskwood).

Hopefully they'll come up with something as the server grows. I wonder if it would help to add more potential leveling areas. Even if they recycled Azuremyst/Bloodmyst Isle and made it into something more vanilla friendly, players could have another potential 1-20 leveling experience. That way, other 1-20 zones will be less congested.

My highest level character is almost at level 34. I have hope the next 26 levels will still be enjoyable even with the crowds, but I know it's not going to be fast. Then again, TurtleWoW kind of markets itself as a server that's all about the leveling journey rather than a race to the end. I can still RP just as well at level 34 vs. level 60 (though it would be nice to get some gear for the aesthetics, hahah).
Sav - Level 35 Mage (Leveling) | RP Profile

Mackylol

Post by Mackylol » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:40 am

Personally I cant wait for fresh, been playing here for over a year and it would put alot of pressure off the servers which are laggy when it peaks above 5k pop. Not only will I keep playing my main but I will enjoy the leveling experience on a new character to find new friends. :)

Sinrek
Has liked: 12 times

Post by Sinrek » Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:47 am

Pistol wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:15 am
As High King of the Server I think I speak for everyone when I say that Nodoba should be given five thousand gold for the honorable two years I've spent on the server
2 years pleb. turtle_tongue
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Bishopcheg

Post by Bishopcheg » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:19 pm

Godking wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:58 pm
I think i speak for everyone here that we need a PvP only server.

You can then just remove warmode from the OG server.
This goes absolutely against whole idea of Twow. You can play on WoW Classic servers/SoM and other "fresh" every year server

Everran

Post by Everran » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:40 pm

I anderstand the mindset, and competing for mobs on every zone is something that i dont particularly like, but i will because i like the changes on this server and want to support them. That being said... We need another server because having a 2 hour queue is not fun for anyone, and at least when we see it we can level an alt on the other server and idk try something different...

Azuladrip

Post by Azuladrip » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:12 pm

Element19090 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:57 am
Well I like The changes and additions Turtle wow has made to the world and to classes. I like the extra dungeons and raids, I like the New BG and i think it's sad not many people like to play it. That being said I do think a PVP option would be a great addition as do many others and hopefully as this server continues to grow and as more people who have interest in the same thing express the desire for a turtle PvP option the devs will change their mind.

More and more people want this option and so more and more people will continue to request it. The only way to get it is ti push for it.
People have tried to communicate this already, but this isn't a PvP-focused server. It never has been. That PvP exists at all is basically a feature added specifically for people like you as the vast majority of players aren't interested at all in PvP. It was meant to be a cozy guild with roleplaying as a focus. You're barking up the wrong tree and just need to accept one server can't have it all. Play Turtle for the new quests and the PvE experience, and find another server to get your PvP fix.

Even if they added a PvP-only server, it would probably be awful and everyone would complain. Why? Because the Turtle devs clearly aren't passionate about PvP. And making a healthy PvP realm requires a lot more forward-thinking and understanding of balancing than a PvE server with opt-in PvP for funsies. You'd need devs who are mainly interested in PvP and who have the right ideas for how to change the game so that they not only perfect balance the Horde and Alliance numbers, but also balance between the racials, classes, etc. And this is assuming you can even change Vanilla WoW enough to facilitate a decent PvP experience.

I'm not sure why you'd want to play WoW at all if you're that interested in PvP since PvP in WoW, if we're honest, has always been complete and utter dogshit. And I say that as someone that's been playing since EU release and loves Vanilla more than any other game. Beyond the fun of zerging an area and killing the server, there's not much to WoW PvP. There's ganking for fun, there's mind-numbing battlegrounds for shitty rep, and I guess arenas for tryhards in retail. But this is hardly an MMO with a well-thought out and rewarding PvP system. It's always been a tacked-on afterthought which is also why it's always been shit.

There's a reason warmode ultimately got added to retail, and that's because there's virtually no distinguishing feature between a PvP server and a normal/roleplaying server beyond the amount of slurs you're going to see in chat.

Charanko
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Charanko » Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:06 pm

Godking wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:58 pm
I think i speak for everyone here that we need a PvP only server.

You can then just remove warmode from the OG server.
Its time!
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:24 pm

world pvp is hot garbage and always been. took me years of playing on pvp servers to understand its 99% about griefing people on terms favourable to the ganker

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:05 am

On PvP server it is harder to camp for herbs in open world. You can be ganked.
Same for hellboar spawns or any other consumable farmed in the open world.
I think it kinda solve the issue of too many people in the zone.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Bellbotems

Post by Bellbotems » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:27 am

I don't think that is going to happen.

Charanko
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Charanko » Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:28 am

Shaman111 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:24 pm
world pvp is hot garbage and always been. took me years of playing on pvp servers to understand its 99% about griefing people on terms favourable to the ganker
Yea i prefer being bluewalled 🫠
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Shroudedsoul

Post by Shroudedsoul » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:47 am

No.

No one should be forced to pvp. Making the server pvp would ensure Chinese players would be more relunctant to move over.

Forced pvp only benefits griefers.

Balake

Post by Balake » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:25 am

Akalix wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:32 pm
We do not have plans for a new realm or server. Turtle's entire philosophy is being long-lasting and providing a place for people to call home for years to come. The "fresh" mindset leads to fractured communities and increased burnout.

Level an alt, start a cult PvP betting ring, do some custom quests--that's what we're here for.
To be fair Akalix, doesn't the upcoming server hosted in Asia count as a new fresh realm?

Queefking

Post by Queefking » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:51 pm

Pothi wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:26 pm
Optional Warmode and 1 "big" server is the way to go.
So true.
Waiting 6000th in queue for hours is the way to go.