Some suggestions for resolving server queuing in Asia

Laoshuaige

Some suggestions for resolving server queuing in Asia

Post by Laoshuaige » Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 am

I'm a player from an Asian server, and I'm miserable with severe queues and frequent dropouts.
I have some suggestions that I hope you will consider adopting.
1.Monitor each account's online time and flexibly adjust it. Keep each account online for about eight hours a day. This is fairer for every player and eliminates the problem of online hang-ups.
2.Adding more Asian servers doesn't solve the problem! On China's Taobao website, it is already possible to buy the service of queuing studios and maintaining online, and use manual operations. And this is almost impossible to detect, must be fundamentally restricted!
3.When you love something, you're absolutely willing to pay for it! When you donate a certain amount, you can get priority access to the game.Under the current conditions and circumstances, this is the fairest way to screen out people who really like turtle-wow to the maximum.
These are just some of my thoughts and I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you guys for bringing us a pure game and let's make it even better together!

Satirical

Re: Some suggestions for resolving server queuing in Asia

Post by Satirical » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:07 am

Laoshuaige wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 am
3.When you love something, you're absolutely willing to pay for it! When you donate a certain amount, you can get priority access to the game.Under the current conditions and circumstances, this is the fairest way to screen out people who really like turtle-wow to the maximum.
Absolutely not.

Laoshuaige

Post by Laoshuaige » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:11 am

Supplement:
Limiting the player's time in the game will solve some problems, but the effect will slowly diminish.
In ancient China, to deal with the harm of floods, it would use dredging and blocking methods.
Adding more servers is like widening a river to accommodate more floodwater.
But dikes still need to be built to keep out too much flooding.
If there was a way to filter out more people who really liked the game, why not?
Let's win-win!

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:57 am

Suggestion 3 is basically pay2play. I'm not a legal expert, but this sounds like an easy way to have blizzard shut down turtle altogether...

What I don't understand: how do more Asian servers not contribute to solving the problem? Do you mean that Asian players don't have sufficient incentive to play there instead of on overcrowded realms?

It is my opinion that a sufficient number of servers along with easy and convenient transfer for Asian players would be great. Just give a chance them transfer their chars with gold, gear, reputation etc so nobody has to reroll if they don't want to. They would lose nothing, probably get a better ping and everybody gets to play as much as they want at times of their choosing.

I've never heard of that TaoBao website, but i can imagine plenty of these services exist and are quite profitable. These guys sound like the only kind of people who would not profit and I would be cool with that neutral_turtle_head.

Bender08

Post by Bender08 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:01 am

建议很好,下次别建议了

Bender08

Post by Bender08 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:03 am

Satirical wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:07 am
Laoshuaige wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 9:42 am
Absolutely not.
agree

Laoshuaige

Post by Laoshuaige » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:18 am

Ishilu wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 10:57 am
Suggestion 3 is basically pay2play. I'm not a legal expert, but this sounds like an easy way to have blizzard shut down turtle altogether...

What I don't understand: how do more Asian servers not contribute to solving the problem? Do you mean that Asian players don't have sufficient incentive to play there instead of on overcrowded realms?

It is my opinion that a sufficient number of servers along with easy and convenient transfer for Asian players would be great. Just give a chance them transfer their chars with gold, gear, reputation etc so nobody has to reroll if they don't want to. They would lose nothing, probably get a better ping and everybody gets to play as much as they want at times of their choosing.

I've never heard of that TaoBao website, but i can imagine plenty of these services exist and are quite profitable. These guys sound like the only kind of people who would not profit and I would be cool with that neutral_turtle_head.
It's not a point card or a monthly card, just a certain amount of donations in exchange for a little convenience.
You underestimate the number and enthusiasm of Chinese players, as well as their hatred for the folly Blizzard has done and their desire for a game that comes back to basics.
Since you have to pay money to play the game comfortably anyway, why not turn this money into a donation?

Laoshuaige

Post by Laoshuaige » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:23 am

Laoshuaige wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:18 am
Ishilu wrote:

It's not a point card or a monthly card, just a certain amount of donations in exchange for a little convenience.
You underestimate the number and enthusiasm of Chinese players, as well as their hatred for the folly Blizzard has done and their desire for a game that comes back to basics.
Since you have to pay money to play the game comfortably anyway, why not turn this money into a donation to make Turtle-WOW better?

Mahalo

Post by Mahalo » Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:31 am

Laoshuaige wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:23 am
Laoshuaige wrote:
Ishilu wrote:

Since you have to pay money to play the game comfortably anyway, why not turn this money into a donation to make Turtle-WOW better?
The copyright to this game belongs to Blizzard Entertainment

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:55 pm

Laoshuaige wrote:

Since you have to pay money to play the game comfortably anyway
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean by that. Are you referring to donation items like the portable bank or mailbox? I like to play turtle WoW in the "slow and steady" mode and actually resent the fact that there are QoL additions like these.
Please elaborate.

Reality2222

Post by Reality2222 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:19 pm

Good advice. Don't mention it next time.

From China

Sunsdude

Post by Sunsdude » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:49 pm

Ok, so, with neverending chinese horde, you are basically proposing donation as a necessity to comfortably play. Ok devil, don't mention it anywhere ever again.

Laoshuaige

Post by Laoshuaige » Sat Sep 16, 2023 2:43 am

Every euro is useful when you're facing a legal threat from Blizzard.
Since you wade into the river don't expect your feet not to get wet.
It's a simple business strategy, so why have too many ethical considerations?
Is it possible to limit the amount of time each account can spend online?

Laoshuaige

Post by Laoshuaige » Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:11 am

Dear European gamers, imagine how you would feel if you queued for eight hours a day?
So, every solution is worth trying!

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:32 am

Laoshuaige wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 3:11 am
Dear European gamers, imagine how you would feel if you queued for eight hours a day?
We do. It's not like we don't que at peak times for Chinese players. I myself (used to) play quite late, since I don't have as many responsibilities as you grown ups. And, no, not every "solution" is worth trying. If we were to just aimlessly throw whatever we can think of on the spot at the server's problems, there probably wouldn't be a server to fix.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Geojak
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Geojak » Sat Sep 16, 2023 5:50 am

Well according to market theory if you can't meet demand, Raise prices until the demand for your (now more expensive) services matches how much you can supply.

IF twow was all about profit, then this would be the solution.

I still believe it will never be possible for a private server team to suplly all the hundred thousand of Chinese with server capacity. They should shut down registration new accounts everytime the queues get too large, well or sell payed queue skips like minecraft server projects do that don't wanna open more than one server bit face queue problems

Dachengzi

Post by Dachengzi » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:08 am

I think it's worth considering that the Warmane server, which takes a donation of 3 euros to get Rid of the queue, I think it would be a good idea if the server set aside some space for this group of players.

Under this premise, the studio can not donate 3 euros to each account to get rid of the queue, which is too expensive.

If the donation threshold is so low, a large percentage of players will be willing to pay

Then the existence of the studio is meaningless, willing to donate players are likely to be their target, they do not have to wait in line, then the studio to do? Take away those players who don't want to donate, and they won't pay for the space the studio set up

Geojak
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Geojak » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:05 am

Dachengzi wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:08 am
I think it's worth considering that the Warmane server, which takes a donation of 3 euros to get Rid of the queue, I think it would be a good idea if the server set aside some space for this group of players.

Under this premise, the studio can not donate 3 euros to each account to get rid of the queue, which is too expensive.

If the donation threshold is so low, a large percentage of players will be willing to pay

Then the existence of the studio is meaningless, willing to donate players are likely to be their target, they do not have to wait in line, then the studio to do? Take away those players who don't want to donate, and they won't pay for the space the studio set up
In principle the theory makes sense but look at the official blizzard servers. They drill have bots and studios even with a expensive monthly fee.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:14 am

1. About queues: We all have them at the moment, regardless of region. Even if we make it through those, the gaming experience on an overcrowded server simply is no fun. Any possible solution will involve reducing the number of players per server, either by A) opening more servers or by B) removing/blocking players. I'd prefer A), so everybody can enjoy the game.

2. Considering Warmane and their pay to play model: I looked it up. How about you pay to play there? That would be a category B solution (see above). I'd be ok with that turtle_tongue_head .

3. About this gem:
It's a simple business strategy, so why have too many ethical considerations?
Why is there no vomiting-turtle emote? That mindset is one reason why many people have stopped "donating" to Activision/Blizzard years ago.

Tuojiang

Post by Tuojiang » Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:54 am

Can you charge 5 yuan every month? This can dissuade some of the studios, so that the players who really like the game have a good game experience.

Laoshuaige

Post by Laoshuaige » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:00 pm

Just a few euros?
Multiply by at least 10.
200 euros would be an appropriate number.
It was once said that when the wind blows, even pigs can fly!
And anyway, more money means more options, at least a few more servers, right?
Even if it's a temporary solution, isn't it worth trying?

Awaterma

Post by Awaterma » Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:16 pm

one IP only can log in 2 accounts

Darkrabbitzht

Post by Darkrabbitzht » Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:55 pm

Suggest 3 is a typical Chinese player's mindset: recharging can make them stronger. Nauseating.

Setting up a payment mode is worth considering, and keeping it free is also worth considering. Allowing paid players to become VIP is disgusting

Sunsdude

Post by Sunsdude » Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:01 pm

Laoshuaige wrote:
So you want us to pay to play comfortably? Please, don't take it as an offense, but you know, those queues are not caused by eu gamers, and it's not our responsibility to pay for players who don't want to leave to their localized servers.
We know enough about eastern approach to games, especially f2p ones, and to me and many others an employment of such a proposal would mean directly monetising the problem (why would they solve it then?) and straight up spitting in the face of the playerbase, particularly players who started playing before the influx.

Dachengzi

Post by Dachengzi » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:26 am

Geojak wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:05 am
Dachengzi wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:08 am

In principle the theory makes sense but look at the official blizzard servers. They drill have bots and studios even with a expensive monthly fee.
Yes, Blizzard's netease server does have many studios that need a monthly card, but they are profitable. They can use gold coins to buy monthly cards, and then in the game with a variety of ways to get gold coins. But in turtles, studios are hired to line up maliciously. They're cheap, and if they need to donate, that means employers have to pay more.

Dachengzi

Post by Dachengzi » Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:29 am

Sunsdude wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2023 6:01 pm
Laoshuaige wrote:
So you want us to pay to play comfortably? Please, don't take it as an offense, but you know, those queues are not caused by eu gamers, and it's not our responsibility to pay for players who don't want to leave to their localized servers.
We know enough about eastern approach to games, especially f2p ones, and to me and many others an employment of such a proposal would mean directly monetising the problem (why would they solve it then?) and straight up spitting in the face of the playerbase, particularly players who started playing before the influx.
Please do not mislead. You personally can not represent European players.

Studios will keep finding reasons why your advice can't be implemented, and they're afraid of being blocked, so they'll block someone else first

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:41 am

Dachengzi wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:29 am

Please do not mislead. You personally can not represent chinese players.

Remorsxz

Post by Remorsxz » Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:40 am

just give us a pvp realm and we will fix this problem by 24/7 ganking some people

Dachengzi

Post by Dachengzi » Mon Sep 18, 2023 10:33 am

Ishilu wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:41 am
Dachengzi wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2023 4:29 am

Please do not mislead. You personally can not represent chinese players.
The problem has been settled and there is no point in arguing. I am satisfied with the result, if you are not, then you continue

Fresharugula

Post by Fresharugula » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:28 pm

Laoshuaige wrote:
Lol… we were experiencing the same queues as you when y’all first came here and caused this over population issue to begin with. Glad it’s finally getting sorted out.

Fresharugula

Post by Fresharugula » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:31 pm

Mahalo wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:31 am
Laoshuaige wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2023 11:23 am
Laoshuaige wrote:

The copyright to this game belongs to Blizzard Entertainment
The Chinese don’t believe in western copyrights. Stealing western IP is akin to breathing over there. The copyright argument is moot to them

Laoshuaige

Post by Laoshuaige » Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:09 am

Even if the Turtle WOW, the copyright is still Blizzard's, there is no doubt about that.
China doesn't have an official version of World of Warcraft right now, which is one of the reasons why Turtle WOW is so popular.
Honestly, I doubt that you will survive in the future and whether Blizzard will wipe out the turtle WOW completely.
So, since you have already begun to expand, make more money to cope with the unexpected situation in the future!