Announcing Discord announcements in the Forum, too

Hamalam

Announcing Discord announcements in the Forum, too

Post by Hamalam » Tue Aug 29, 2023 12:52 pm

Why do announcements in Discord not go on the forums? I'm highly sure some part of this forum does not want to partake in discord. (with very understandable reasons) (some are also banned) I do believe the forum part should see the announcements being made in the discord, as it is just quite unfair.
I never knew they would stop you from talking the Chinese language in game. A announcement would be quite nice to see the changes being made that are not part of patch updates etc. maintenance_turtle
Greetings from Ham(da)(the)... (warr) (getter) (etc..)

GIT GUD

Geojak
Has liked: 32 times

Re: Announcing Discord announcements in the Forum, too

Post by Geojak » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:02 pm

Jist install discord

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:02 pm

I wonder how the Chinese do it with discord banned without vpn

Hamalam

Post by Hamalam » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:03 pm

Geojak wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:02 pm
Jist install discord
As I said, many people do not want to install that app and or are banned from the server. "Just install discord" is not a valid argument when a part of the community is only online on the forums.

GIT GUD

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:05 pm

Well then don't, your decision

Hamalam

Post by Hamalam » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:07 pm

Geojak wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:05 pm
So why should people in the discord have exclusive announcements and people in the forums not? Can you explain with any argument instead of brainless comments?

GIT GUD

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:14 pm

I think you can use discord from your web browser through their website so that you don’t need to install it and you may be able to view the Turtle Wow discord without an account if I recall correctly but I am not 100% on that.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:39 pm

Hamalam wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:07 pm
Geojak wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:05 pm
So why should people in the discord have exclusive announcements and people in the forums not? Can you explain with any argument instead of brainless comments?
Why are the developers required to do double work posting annoucement for a handful of discord deniers. The server owners decided thaz discord is where they announce stuff. Either go there to see it or don't. Why do they need to ceither to yoi

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:31 pm

"double work" Its literally copy-paste xD

Grin

Post by Grin » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:32 pm

Discord serves to announce the progression of their recent activities and the forum since it is a more spacey platform is used to list out their patch logs and expansion changes in detail. I am unsure if they ban or mute on discord but given it is the latter then you may still join to observe the conversations and without the program since you may use the web application through a browser. You might have a more comfortable experience using discord's impact interface setting which is providing a more simplistic layout that allows one to browse through the messages without having to pass other members' avatars. I even suggest using light mode for it is a nice contrast to the forum's golden, steel and black medieval embroidery.

Karico

Post by Karico » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:08 pm

agreed i cant run discord and wow comfortably so why dont you post them here?

Skumbanana

Post by Skumbanana » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:20 pm

Yes, please, announcements here too

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:12 am

I would like to see discord announcements on forums too.
I have discord and not banned there, but I expect forum to be main source of official information rather than discord.
Anyway, copying and pasting news here is not time consuming, but positive change.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:14 am

Geojak wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:39 pm

Wow, look at that. You're in the minority here, Geojak, judging by every single post so far that isn't yours. Imagine that, people expect a forum provided by a game servicer to actually contain information pertinent to the game service.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:31 am

There are 56k people on twow discord. They are the silent majority

Tieku

Post by Tieku » Wed Aug 30, 2023 12:00 pm

Would also appreciate updates on the forum also, Discord is just not my preferred way of doing things and locked forum posts are a neater way to present information as well as future changes/updates that are relevant to the original announcement post.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:03 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:31 am
There are 56k people on twow discord. They are the silent majority
You are either delightfully naive or willfully ignorant if you believe that Discord numbers mean anything about community engagement. You can find plenty of independent studies done that find that a vast majority of Discord users will join a server and forget that server even exists, leaving themselves on a list they don't even realize people see them on, being little different than forum accounts created here that are never logged into.

The difference? People posting on the forums are actively and observably engaging in the community discourse. If you want to pull Discord numbers, how about you actually poll people on this same question "Should Announcements be posted in both Discord and on the Turtle WoW Forums?" and see how few of those 56k people actually bother to respond? I'm willing to bet you that those people who do reply on Discord will also say "yes, that's a good idea."

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:20 pm

A poll about do you want more free stuff doesn't rly help. Of course people ple will vote yes sure why not.

Its all about if the gm/dev in charge see it as worthwhile usage of his time to double post.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:45 pm

I'm gonna resurrect this topic for one random bit of input.

Discord has 'bots which can make forum posts, art posts, et cetera. It shouldn't be terribly hard to set up a 'bot to automatically make a topic when something is announced over on Discord. It might even be possible to make it use a generic "topic subject" template, such as "Discord Announcements: [month] [date], [year]". This would keep everyone in the loop at all times.

Well… except for people who make an account then just play the game without joining the social side of things, I guess.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~