Stop Dodging Us, Turtle

Davemustang

Stop Dodging Us, Turtle

Post by Davemustang » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:23 am

The player base has made our feelings on these new "players" very clear
So either come out and just admit you've succumb to the temptation that every other private server fell to
or
Actually do something about the "problem" while the core values of Turtle WoW can still be salvaged

Shroudedsoul

Re: Stop Dodging Us, Turtle

Post by Shroudedsoul » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:45 am

They already are making a Chinese server. Only issue is how to entice Chinese players to move over to it.

I personally would like a hc only server.

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:55 pm

They wont enforce anyone to move. Theres just gonna be two chinese servers. Enjoy your quene and dont forget to buy your spectral tiger

Queefking

Post by Queefking » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:16 pm

Shroudedsoul wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:45 am

I personally would like a hc only server.
Same
Shaman111 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:55 pm
They wont enforce anyone to move. Theres just gonna be two chinese servers. Enjoy your quene and dont forget to buy your spectral tiger
True

Lobazo

Post by Lobazo » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:32 pm

Can you recommend another wow vanilla server to play? turtle is dead because of overpopulation

Azuladrip

Post by Azuladrip » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:35 pm

Lobazo wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:32 pm
Can you recommend another wow vanilla server to play? turtle is dead because of overpopulation
There are no good ones yet and I suggest you don't financially support any single one that doesn't promise to region lock the Chinese. Turtle isn't the first server to be surrendered to them and their huge numbers.

Grin

Post by Grin » Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:41 pm

You needn't force anyone. The rule will work its way that general chat shall only be spoken in the english language and that will solve the issue because most of them will join their realm and the rest that stay will be a delight.

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hctwowfan » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:16 pm

Grin wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:41 pm
You needn't force anyone. The rule will work its way that general chat shall only be spoken in the english language and that will solve the issue because most of them will join their realm and the rest that stay will be a delight.
How naive can you be? 7k chinese are sitting pretty in their gchats speaking to each other in chinese, that's not against tos. Why would they move to the sea server once it launches? Theres zero incentive to do so. If you don't force them off the server, nothing will change. The queue remains the same, the overpopulation in every single zone remains the same, the inability to complete more than 1 quest per hour remains the same.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Libbi Hazaru Lenymo Oronil

Grin

Post by Grin » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:26 pm

Hctwowfan wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:16 pm
Grin wrote:
How naive can you be? 7k chinese are sitting pretty in their gchats speaking to each other in chinese, that's not against tos. Why would they move to the sea server once it launches? Theres zero incentive to do so. If you don't force them off the server, nothing will change. The queue remains the same, the overpopulation in every single zone remains the same, the inability to complete more than 1 quest per hour remains the same.
I find that patience pays off in the long run. Generally speaking I am rather certain that the chinese registered accounts will get a transfer on launch. Etiquette dictates however to let those who wish to stay instead of taking action. My thinking revolves around the growing population which doesn't concern China in any way. The server is developing and the influx of players have been an issue for a longer time and it will certainly require a sophisticated method to medicine in the coming age.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:32 pm

Radical concept: Who's to say they won't auto-filter Hanzi so messages containing it literally cannot be sent once the Chinese server launches? Then you'll see a lot of Chinese transferring when they're forced to speak broken English or simply never talk.

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:35 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:32 pm
Radical concept: Who's to say they won't auto-filter Hanzi so messages containing it literally cannot be sent once the Chinese server launches? Then you'll see a lot of Chinese transferring when they're forced to speak broken English or simply never talk.
they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:50 pm

Shaman111 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 7:35 pm
they are not going to bite the hand that feeds them
What makes you think that maxim applies to this situation at all? What hand is being bitten? They're being given their own hand-crafted server with fully translated, fully Chinese moderated, fully Chinese supported channels with significantly reduced lag, and free transfers to a new realm. Do you honestly believe that it would affect Turtle's income from Chinese players one iota if they were to implement this method of coercing them to move?

Being told that "Chinese language is no longer supported on the main realm, we're sorry, but you can still use Hanzi on the China realm which you can transfer to for free" would be taken as a significantly less hostile approach than being outright banned from the main realm. The latter would lead some people to defiantly try to bypass these region locks out of spite and for no other reason, because human beings are petty.

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:04 pm

bruh they have zero reason to move and all reason to stay - to rmt to westerners till whats left of them quits

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:07 pm

I think we'll see when the Chinese server launches.

Hamalam

Post by Hamalam » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:29 pm

When you speak of it, you get muted in-game chat, banned from the discord and soon thrown off of the forums.
Greetings from Ham(da)(the)... (warr) (getter) (etc..)

GIT GUD

Kheiron

Post by Kheiron » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:56 pm

Shaman111 wrote:
he'srightyouknow.jpg

Kheiron

Post by Kheiron » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:59 pm

Shaman111 wrote:

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:57 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
I unironically hope for that to happen

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:15 pm

May I refer you to a recent discord announcement by Alkalix? I believe that addresses this issue very cleverly. If you don't know what I am talking about you may want to check the discord announcements. I gotta say thats brilliant. So clever turtle_in_love_head

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:29 am

They might have actually enforced the Transfer of Chinese people to the other server without directly enforcing it if I understood the announcement correctly.

Edgarfam

Post by Edgarfam » Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:40 am

Shaman111 wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:04 pm
bruh they have zero reason to move and all reason to stay - to rmt to westerners till whats left of them quits
Most Chinese players are eager to move for Chinese environment. Most Chinese players don't want to play with westerners.

And "rmt to westerners" is hilarious.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:01 am

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:57 pm
Kheiron wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:56 pm
Shaman111 wrote:
Karrados wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:29 am
Redmagejoe wrote:
You saw it here. I called it.

Charanko
Has liked: 7 times

Post by Charanko » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:59 am

Pvp server while u work on the chinese,maybe?
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Geojak
Has liked: 33 times

Post by Geojak » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:52 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:01 am
Reploidrocsa wrote:
Kheiron wrote:
Shaman111 wrote:
Karrados wrote:
Redmagejoe wrote:
I have been asking for this for 2 weeks in atleats 5 different threads. I call dips

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Tue Aug 29, 2023 8:35 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:01 am
Reploidrocsa wrote:
Kheiron wrote:
Shaman111 wrote:
Karrados wrote:
Redmagejoe wrote:
Nice. Finally some good fucking news

Luqj

Post by Luqj » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:17 am

Hello guys I am a Chinease player, we all love twow and don't want to make any trouble for original players. But you say let us move to new realm? Currently we say no as we don't know what the SEA realm will going to be, especially it is running by a Chinase studio, we know this kind of profit-oriented game studio, they ruin a lot of good games already. We don't know how the TWOW is going to rule the SEA realm,this is our ture player suggestion: Do not surrender to them, do not abandon TWOW principles, making easy money will kill the TWOW.

Hamalam

Post by Hamalam » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:49 am

Aydea wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:15 pm
May I refer you to a recent discord announcement by Alkalix? I believe that addresses this issue very cleverly. If you don't know what I am talking about you may want to check the discord announcements. I gotta say thats brilliant. So clever turtle_in_love_head
What announcement? Not everyone here is able to join discord. Some are banned for speaking their opinions.

GIT GUD

Azuladrip

Post by Azuladrip » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:52 am

Karrados wrote:
They might have actually enforced the Transfer of Chinese people to the other server without directly enforcing it if I understood the announcement correctly.
They did what's best for everyone. The Chinese players who speak English and are already adapted to the server can stay without any discriminatory action removing them. Those that can't follow the rules can fuck right off.

Tieku

Post by Tieku » Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:56 am

Hamalam wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:49 am
Aydea wrote:
What announcement? Not everyone here is able to join discord. Some are banned for speaking their opinions.
The server is being updated so it is no longer able to display (or even attempt to) Hanzi characters which will stop any unfortunate segregation of communities communicating solely in guild chat.
Solves the issue of the moderation staff being unable to police public channels as well as users literally cannot communicate in Chinese

Azuladrip

Post by Azuladrip » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:03 am

Tieku wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:56 am
Hamalam wrote:
Aydea wrote:
The server is being updated so it is no longer able to display (or even attempt to) Hanzi characters which will stop any unfortunate segregation of communities communicating solely in guild chat.
Solves the issue of the moderation staff being unable to police public channels as well as users literally cannot communicate in Chinese
Lol, if they were only communicating in guild chat this wouldn't have been a problem and such drastic measures wouldn't have been necessary. Then instead of seeing an announcement for a SEA server, you'd get one that would finally separate normal players and HC to deal with the population problem. No, this is a consequence of their refusal to follow the rules and shitting up the server by spamming in their own language in virtually all popular hubs.

Admittedly, I am painting with a broad brush here. We had other Chinese players who followed the rules and were always respectful. It was extremely rare to see people from <Tai Hao Wan La> do this shit and I don't think I saw it once. But unfortunately, this new wave of players is pure cancer. Everyone can curse whoever is responsible for sending them here, since they've done irreparable damage and also fucked over the Chinese players who were previously operating here without issue.

Hamalam

Post by Hamalam » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:26 am

Tieku wrote:
Hamalam wrote:
Aydea wrote:
That's a good update. When has this been announced, and when will this update commence?

GIT GUD

Azuladrip

Post by Azuladrip » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:34 am

Hamalam wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:26 am
Tieku wrote:
Hamalam wrote:

That's a good update. When has this been announced, and when will this update commence?
There's no specific date, but they did say before they were aiming for October. Then two more weeks after the SEA server to implement the new patch. All in all, things should probably be all good by November.

Plus, school is starting, so I imagine (or rather, hope?) that the kids will be forced to stop playing, or playing as much.

Tieku

Post by Tieku » Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:35 am

Hamalam wrote:
Tieku wrote:
Hamalam wrote:

Sometime this morning or late last night I believe by Akalix, it was announced on Discord and I refuse to touch public Discords for hygiene reasons so I can't give you an exact channel, just saw it reposted elsewhere.
Looks like it won't come into effect until the SEA server is launched and that will come with a cap of 10k players per server also.

Not really sure why they don't announce this stuff on the forum

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:21 pm

Tieku wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2023 11:35 am
Hamalam wrote:
Tieku wrote:

Sometime this morning or late last night I believe by Akalix, it was announced on Discord and I refuse to touch public Discords for hygiene reasons so I can't give you an exact channel, just saw it reposted elsewhere.
Looks like it won't come into effect until the SEA server is launched and that will come with a cap of 10k players per server also.

Not really sure why they don't announce this stuff on the forum
Yah, I know what you mean but the #Announcements channel is safe. No need for compulsory handwashing after reading this. satisfied_turtle

Lickmajamtart1

Post by Lickmajamtart1 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:55 pm

Hctwowfan wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:16 pm
Grin wrote:
I think you won't be allowed to use their symbols in the normal realm chats