login times are unfair now

Zofryer

login times are unfair now

Post by Zofryer » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:23 am

I logged in and had 275 in line earlier. I watched it climb to 475 in minutes.

I'm suggesting the new system is broken, dumb, and unfair.

Thanks.

Wafflecrusher

Re: login times are unfair now

Post by Wafflecrusher » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:55 am

We should all have to stand in the same line to get into the park, the fact that some people get into the park earlier because they've got a special ticket is problematic. This system is going to prevent new players from getting into turtle wow. "My buddy said this was a cool game let me check it out, oh my que is 2k? I'll check back in an hour" " Wait, it's been an hour, why is my que 3k? Guess I can't play this game".

Grin

Post by Grin » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:10 am

The word you are looking for is membership. People don't pay money here but as we all know time is money. Following this logic those who have invested a lot of time playing here gained a club card. Everyone is still welcome to join however. People who are patient enoug will get their turn. After the new server launch the line will diminish a great deal. The veteran system is under developement at the time for further understanding.

Allwynd01
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:13 am

Wafflecrusher wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:55 am
y que y que
Qué estabas tratando de decir?

My account is from 2020, right now I'm in a queue of 1000+ people, 5 minutes ago I was in a 1400 queue. I don't see anything being different than before. It will still take me the same amount to log in as before the changes.

Wafflecrusher

Post by Wafflecrusher » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:25 am

I understand why people who've been playing forever feel entitled to a special pass. The reality is, as I said, it's just going to stop new people from joining. In my opinion everyone should be treated equally regardless of when they started playing the game.

Edgarfam

Post by Edgarfam » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:29 am

Wafflecrusher wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:55 am
We should all have to stand in the same line to get into the park, the fact that some people get into the park earlier because they've got a special ticket is problematic. This system is going to prevent new players from getting into turtle wow. "My buddy said this was a cool game let me check it out, oh my que is 2k? I'll check back in an hour" " Wait, it's been an hour, why is my que 3k? Guess I can't play this game".
Parks are public service funded by everyone, but TWOW is private. Oh..wait, there are really special tickets in parks called fast-pass.

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:34 am

2500 queue, it's not what i want from game... maybe time to leave...

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:37 am

We kinda can't take more new players anyway. The server is full.

We should split the queue fairer. I will propose a improved system:

When you login you get into regular queue with everyone else for those 12. 500 slots
Additionaly you are also in a separate veteran/premium queue if applicable.
For every 5 regular logins we divert the next free slot to the one at the front of veteran queue

Advanatge of the system, more, fairer distribution of wait time between regulars and non regulars.
Disasvanatge estimated queue times gets wacky

To understand the system better just picture this
A queue of 1000 regular people
And now we have 50 veterans mixed in.
Those veterans are at 5/10/15/20/25/30... Intermixed. But they still have to wait. The last veteran is at 5*50=250
IF another veteran comes now and queues he is put at 255, which is behind those regular queuers at the front of the queue ,a non veteran is put at 1001.

Let's say there are 200 veterans instead.
The last veteran will be at 5*200=1000 so at the end of the regular queue. It makes no difference for him since that's his regular queue position too. The current system would put the veteran at position 200 since all veterans are getting in before all non veterans no matter how long they waited
Last edited by Geojak on Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.

Xkertoip

Post by Xkertoip » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:43 am

Let's make premium accounts for a little donate if you want to skip queue. It would helps a little developers get better paid = more satisfaction for them and their job = more satisfied players that actually want to play a game instead of sightseeing that server. Sill if you don't want to buy premium account, you could play as the rest of the turtles but you have to wait in line to get into that ship. Fair and juicy. What do you think?

Wafflecrusher

Post by Wafflecrusher » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:50 am

The issue is going to continue any way you slice it. You're creating a two tiered community, those who can and those who cannot. You, new guy, cannot play on Saturday. You, old guy, can play on Saturday. Treat everyone equally, hopefully when the new server is up the problem will be solved. Get in line and wait like everyone else. I want turtle wow to keep growing, I want a larger robust community so the Dev's can get more donations, to invest more time into their vision. If new players are basically told "Sorry, can't play today" over and over again, the community isn't going to grow.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:51 am

Xkertoip wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:43 am
Let's make premium accounts for a little donate if you want to skip queue. It would helps a little developers get better paid = more satisfaction for them and their job = more satisfied players that actually want to play a game instead of sightseeing that server. Sill if you don't want to buy premium account, you could play as the rest of the turtles but you have to wait in line to get into that ship. Fair and juicy. What do you think?
I would be in favour of this if we still have absurd queue after the new server launch. Options 1 turtle tokken per first login of the day to skip queue or free play and wait.

Grin

Post by Grin » Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:56 am

Turtle is an open project and not a business you should forget about pay for entry sollutions.

Edgarfam

Post by Edgarfam » Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:01 pm

The community will grow along with server capacity, with new server established there will form new player base. Until then it's better to halt the growth otherwise both old and new players will be frustrated and leave.

Healthyboundary

Post by Healthyboundary » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:04 pm

if people paid to skip queue, turtle would have no incentive to invest their money into fixing the issue. conflict of interest. this is a very common p2w issue in popular Rust servers on wipe day. then it would make turtle less enjoyable for free. if you're gonna pay a sub, might as well play official.
cosmetics are a much better option to collect funds from the community on a voluntary basis without affecting the fairness.

Wafflecrusher

Post by Wafflecrusher » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:41 pm

It's clear that no one should be able to skip the Que for any reason. There is no fair way for the Que to be skipped that doesn't divide the community in one way or another. There is no way for the Que to be skipped that doesn't hurt the game in the long term.

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:42 pm

The asian realm is in the works, it will be launched soon. Until then this is just how it is. If you want to encourage the developers why not write them a nice random message? Or make them feel loved and appreciated? I hear that can do wonders for people but what do I know ...

Zofryer

Post by Zofryer » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:23 pm

Grin wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:10 am
The word you are looking for is membership. People don't pay money here but as we all know time is money. Following this logic those who have invested a lot of time playing here gained a club card. Everyone is still welcome to join however. People who are patient enoug will get their turn. After the new server launch the line will diminish a great deal. The veteran system is under developement at the time for further understanding.
Awesome. Enjoy your server while it lasts. Some genius figured out a way to kill the server by making it even harder to play for new users. You know, the users that actually fund the success of the server. The new money. Yeah. I'm less likely to donate if I can't play.

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:25 pm

Why don't we all calm down and let the developers do their work? The more they have to moderate and play parents on discord or here on the forum, the less work they'll get done. satisfied_turtle_head

Zofryer

Post by Zofryer » Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:39 pm

Aydea wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:25 pm
Why don't we all calm down and let the developers do their work? The more they have to moderate and play parents on discord or here on the forum, the less work they'll get done. satisfied_turtle_head
I'm calm. I really like the server. I don't like seeing policy that's clearly hurting it. Why is someone going to wait two hours to log in? I've been playing about a month 6-8 hours a day and donating yet I'm somehow a second class citizen. Meanwhile I'm back on my private azeroth core SPP server I set up again because I can't get into TW. Again.

People have to be able to play it to know how cool it is. You should probably undo the login change. Yanno, like you had to undo the GCD stuff with wands. It's called making a mistake, admitting it, and undoing it.

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:01 pm

Zofryer wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:39 pm
Aydea wrote:
I'm calm. I really like the server. I don't like seeing policy that's clearly hurting it. Why is someone going to wait two hours to log in? I've been playing about a month 6-8 hours a day and donating yet I'm somehow a second class citizen. Meanwhile I'm back on my private azeroth core SPP server I set up again because I can't get into TW. Again.

People have to be able to play it to know how cool it is. You should probably undo the login change. Yanno, like you had to undo the GCD stuff with wands. It's called making a mistake, admitting it, and undoing it.
I will quote the loading tip the best I can remember.
Enjoy your stay on Azeroth but don't forget to spend time outside as well!
I won't go as far as suggesting to stand up from your computer that would actually hurt my angle but until the issue settles you can find many other ways to join this community's life and the turtle provided items. For one the forum serves as a great respository of RP stories both in the Creative Corner and as well the Dancing Murloc Inn. I personally enjoy visiting already existing lore. It depends on your field of table.

Wafflecrusher

Post by Wafflecrusher » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:14 pm

In this thread people aren't complaining about the que, they're complaining about the caste system the devs have implemented around the que. People understand that the ques are a thing, and hopefully they will go away once the Asian server is established. That being said, getting into the game should be a first come first serve situation.

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:18 pm

Wafflecrusher wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:14 pm
In this thread people aren't complaining about the que, they're complaining about the caste system the devs have implemented around the que. People understand that the ques are a thing, and hopefully they will go away once the Asian server is established. That being said, getting into the game should be a first come first serve situation.
Following ur logic veteran players came first.

Wafflecrusher

Post by Wafflecrusher » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:22 pm

That's a strawman. Treating players differently because of when they started playing the game is not good for the game. Everyone should have wait based off of when they logged into wow, not because they pay for it, not because they started playing the game at an earlier date.

Paw

Post by Paw » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:27 pm

Wafflecrusher wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:22 pm
That's a strawman. Treating players differently because of when they started playing the game is not good for the game. Everyone should have wait based off of when they logged into wow, not because they pay for it, not because they started playing the game at an earlier date.
From my PoV veteran players can explaina stuff to new players regarding this environment, beneficial items even as an example and guild memberships to long running and experienced teams.

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:33 pm

Paw wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:01 pm
Zofryer wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:39 pm
Aydea wrote:

I will quote the loading tip the best I can remember.
Enjoy your stay on Azeroth but don't forget to spend time outside as well!
I won't go as far as suggesting to stand up from your computer that would actually hurt my angle but until the issue settles you can find many other ways to join this community's life and the turtle provided items. For one the forum serves as a great respository of RP stories both in the Creative Corner and as well the Dancing Murloc Inn. I personally enjoy visiting already existing lore. It depends on your field of table.
And I will work with and support Paw here adding the bugtracker on Githhub to the list as that is an *excellent* use of your time if you have a legitimate bug to report. That actually does contribute to making the game better.

Wafflecrusher

Post by Wafflecrusher » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:42 pm

"Hey new guy, you literally will never be able to log in. Oh, you want to play this game? How about you just join the forums and read other peoples fan fiction. What you want to play and don't care about forums? You're willing to wait in line? Nah you can ignore que times, you'll just keep getting put at the back of the line."

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:46 pm

Since this morning veteran queue doesn't seem to be a thing anymore.

Wafflecrusher

Post by Wafflecrusher » Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:49 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:46 pm
Since this morning veteran queue doesn't seem to be a thing anymore.
I hope so