severs problem

Xcrily123

severs problem

Post by Xcrily123 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:34 pm

In response to the rampant influx of Chinese players, which has led to severe queuing, can we add servers to solve this problem

Xcrily123

Re: severs problem

Post by Xcrily123 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:36 pm

Recently, every time I come back from work, I have to queue for a long time, which is very frustrating for me

Xcrily123

Post by Xcrily123 » Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:58 pm

An hour has passed, and my queue progress has not changed. However, I have been queuing for two hours now

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:27 pm

Please, keep us informed about your q status!
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Slyze

Post by Slyze » Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:03 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:27 pm
YOu are cringe bro and you support chinese players who will ruin this server.

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:48 pm

Slyze wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:03 pm
Darktifa wrote:
How exactly are Chinese players ruining the server? From what I understand they are just playing on the server... and it just so happens that their country has 1 billion people so there are a lot of Chinese people. That aside, I don't understand what exactly are Chinese players doing to ruin the server besides playing on it.

What can developers do about it? They are creating a Chinese server, I don't know how long that will take to release. What else can they do? Increase server cap? After the Chinese server releases to open a migration tool and ban Chinese IPs and MAC addresses?

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:56 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:48 pm
Slyze wrote:
Darktifa wrote:
How exactly are Chinese players ruining the server? From what I understand they are just playing on the server... and it just so happens that their country has 1 billion people so there are a lot of Chinese people. That aside, I don't understand what exactly are Chinese players doing to ruin the server besides playing on it.

What can developers do about it? They are creating a Chinese server, I don't know how long that will take to release. What else can they do? Increase server cap? After the Chinese server releases to open a migration tool and ban Chinese IPs and MAC addresses?
don't mind him
he is a racist and has already been banned in game for that...
Czasku wrote:
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:24 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Slyze wrote:
Darktifa wrote:

the same way a bum stinking of piss and shit ruins the metro ride for everyone else despite just standing in the corner and not bothering anyone

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:44 pm

Shaman111 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:24 pm
Allwynd01 wrote:
Slyze wrote:

the same way a bum stinking of piss and shit ruins the metro ride for everyone else despite just standing in the corner and not bothering anyone
Can you be more specific in what exactly are Chinese players doing that no other players are doing? Or are you being vague on purpose?

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:54 pm

its been said million times already

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:36 pm

Shaman111 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:54 pm
So nothing, got it.

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:46 pm

yup nothing at all

Slyze

Post by Slyze » Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:17 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 4:36 pm
Shaman111 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:54 pm
So nothing, got it.
Yep nothing at all, everything is great with the chinese.

Geojak
Has liked: 33 times

Post by Geojak » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:21 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:44 pm
Shaman111 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 2:24 pm
Allwynd01 wrote:

Can you be more specific in what exactly are Chinese players doing that no other players are doing? Or are you being vague on purpose?
I'll answer then.ans I give you an example from real life I have experienced many times:

Take any 10 people of which no more than 3 share the same native language. They will naturally communicate I a commonly known English language.
Take 8 native speakers of any language and add 2 into the room that don't speak it. The conversation will naturally be in the native language and the 2 will be left out.

This is happening here. Chinese only fault is, being the majority now and naturally communicating in Chinese. Displacing the previous English internationally communicating players which feel more and more left out.

The server is clearly an English server. The forum is English. The discord is English. And the rules also say only English in public channels. Which is broken aaaaall the time.

Reality has changed. This is now a Chinese majority server and they naturally communicate in Chinese.

We need the server split fast, and we need very strict enforcement of language protocol on the English Server or we end up with two Chinese servers.

The Chinese aren't doing anything evil or bad. It's all natural. If suddenly everyone around me wadsepaking in my mother tongue I would also happily communicate in it to the detriment of anyone not speaking it.

Lobazo

Post by Lobazo » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:55 am

I've played on this server for years, if they don't fix the queues I'm going to change servers, like many other veteran players. The Chinese ruin everything they touch with their huge population.

Lobazo

Post by Lobazo » Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:55 am

've played on this server for years, if they don't fix the queues I'm going to change servers, like many other veteran players.

Suriel666

Post by Suriel666 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:01 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Slyze wrote:
Darktifa wrote:
How exactly are Chinese players ruining the server?
By behaving like chinese tourists when they visit foreign countries: they obnoxiously disregard the netiquette of the game (mass spamming the chat, frequent ninja looting, undercutting prices at the AH, etc.) and all that because their mentality puts personal gain and winning above all else including the social aspects of the game. Sure, not all of them behave like this, but they are the exception and not the rule. We have a culture clash and the only solution to that is a seperate server.
Darktifa wrote:he is a racist and has already been banned in game for that...
How is mentioning facts racist?

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:10 pm

Suriel666 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:01 pm

Akalix wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:12 am

[World] [(REDACTED)]: There is a way to block chinese from the lft ?
[World] [(REDACTED)]: They dont understand jackshit even simple english xd
[World] [(REDACTED)]: I'm gonna kill every chinese on the server
[World] [(REDACTED)]: I'm not even sure if they are human
These look like facts to you?
Czasku wrote:

Suriel666

Post by Suriel666 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:49 pm

Darktifa wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:10 pm
Suriel666 wrote:

Akalix wrote:

How do I know you haven't made this shit up? As long as a mod doesn't confirm the validity of it I will treat this as mere fiction...

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:52 pm

Suriel666 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:49 pm
Darktifa wrote:
Suriel666 wrote:

Akalix wrote:

How do I know you haven't made this shit up? As long as a mod doesn't confirm the validity of it I will treat this as mere fiction...
Akalix is the main gm on the server.

Warche

Post by Warche » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:22 pm

He was wrong to say bad things about Chinese which is surely to get him banned.

He should instead say bad things about Americans, which will never get him banned.

Hctwowfan
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Hctwowfan » Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:34 pm

Warche wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:22 pm
He was wrong to say bad things about Chinese which is surely to get him banned.

He should instead say bad things about Americans, which will never get him banned.
Exlusively playing hc, alive toons below
Immortal Nikora Halazi Mbamba Ofofu Qsetmizi Qsetnizi
59.99 Qiri Byomvin Toraya Bjomvin Peppa Tepsi Ufofo Yolani Ygritt Rhanja Yolari Qsetlizi Bsomdi Kiri Nemsi Ufufo Ofufu
50+ Libbi Hazaru Lenymo Oronil

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:00 pm

Suriel666 wrote:
Allwynd01 wrote:
Slyze wrote:

By behaving like chinese tourists when they visit foreign countries: they obnoxiously disregard the netiquette of the game (mass spamming the chat, frequent ninja looting, undercutting prices at the AH, etc.) and all that because their mentality puts personal gain and winning above all else including the social aspects of the game. Sure, not all of them behave like this, but they are the exception and not the rule. We have a culture clash and the only solution to that is a seperate server.
Then the developers or those who ban gold sellers and monitor chat can just mute Chinese players from global chat if they refuse to speak English. It's not very difficult. They can create their own channel and speak in Chinese there and not get muted.

Twinking

Post by Twinking » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:11 pm

You have not understood this yet, but this server has already become CH, the second server will also be CH...

Eclipsetimm

Post by Eclipsetimm » Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:35 pm

why dont the chinese host their own vanilla wow or vanilla wow plus servers? arent they supposed to be the supreme technological race on this planet

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:09 pm

Allwynd01 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:00 pm
Suriel666 wrote:
Allwynd01 wrote:

Then the developers or those who ban gold sellers and monitor chat can just mute Chinese players from global chat if they refuse to speak English. It's not very difficult. They can create their own channel and speak in Chinese there and not get muted.
/join china already exists. it doesnt fix our problems at all

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:33 pm

Suriel666 wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:49 pm
Darktifa wrote:
Suriel666 wrote:

Akalix wrote:

Yes i just made this sh1t up!
The link to the reply is in my imagination, it's not real!
Czasku wrote:

Xinghanfu1

Post by Xinghanfu1 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:00 am

我们有强大的捐赠能力,中国人在乌龟服务器上帝!贫穷的欧洲人都去死吧!!哈哈哈哈!!!死吧!死吧!死吧!!!

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:10 am

Xinghanfu1 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:00 am
google translate: We have a strong ability to donate, the Chinese are God on the tortoise server! Die poor Europeans! ! Ha ha ha ha! ! ! die! die! die! ! !

his other post is complaining about lag on the server. this is how they see the original player base

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:22 am

They casually throw around "White skinned pigs" so take that however you will.

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:26 am

You know, in the day and age of the internet, messages like that chinese one might actually be an attempt to troll. Or it might be real. In either case, it will be a bad outcome for the poster. If it is a troll, its not a very good one. The real artist trolls are actually beloved as much as they are often despised. But the beloving will probably outweigh the despising. maintenance_turtle

Kremmen

Post by Kremmen » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:31 am

Shaman111 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:10 am
Xinghanfu1 wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:00 am
google translate: We have a strong ability to donate, the Chinese are God on the tortoise server! Die poor Europeans! ! Ha ha ha ha! ! ! die! die! die! ! !

his other post is complaining about lag on the server. this is how they see the original player base
Meanwhile if any westerner says something that can even be construed as untoward about the Chinese playerbase they'll have five other westerners jumping down their throat. Something tells me the same doesn't apply to the Chinese playerbase whenever those blank speech bubbles are calling us "White-skinned pigs".
Plaidskull - Undead Warrior
<TurtleHeads>
Progression/ guild based in the Oceanic region
Times: Monday/Saturday 7:45pm AEST (9:45am Server Time), Sunday fun/progression events 8pm AEST (10am Server Time).
https://discord.gg/gBcH9sG75n

Aydea

Post by Aydea » Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:40 am

What Kremmen describes has a name, "Double Standard". And it is a problem, I agree.

But not on the end of the developers. They are cracking down on anyone who misbehaves or breaks the rules. And if they don't just ask yourself ... what is more likely?

#1. The developers are employing a double standard and snickering behind their hand? (yes, I comically exaggerated)
or ...
#2. They were so busy moderating discord, banning RMTers and ... oh yeah working on the asian realm. And the regular server.

Maybe they aren't cracking down on these chinese messages because they didn't take the time to run it through google translate to understand it. Just sayin' ... maintenance_turtle

Lobazo

Post by Lobazo » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:14 pm

walking towards disaster

Azuladrip

Post by Azuladrip » Sun Aug 27, 2023 12:55 pm

Aydea wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:40 am
What Kremmen describes has a name, "Double Standard". And it is a problem, I agree.

But not on the end of the developers. They are cracking down on anyone who misbehaves or breaks the rules. And if they don't just ask yourself ... what is more likely?

#1. The developers are employing a double standard and snickering behind their hand? (yes, I comically exaggerated)
or ...
#2. They were so busy moderating discord, banning RMTers and ... oh yeah working on the asian realm. And the regular server.

Maybe they aren't cracking down on these chinese messages because they didn't take the time to run it through google translate to understand it. Just sayin' ... maintenance_turtle
There's nothing to translate. There's thousands of Chinese that should be banned just for breaking the simple rule of not speaking English and spamming in Chinese.

Some other guy made a thread the other day whining about how he got banned because he referenced Putin in his name along with an insult. The fact that they took the time to ban him but the Chinese are allowed to spam Stormwind and Goldshire with [ ] pretty much says all you need to know about their priorities.