Allow proc % chances to be shown

Saltie

Allow proc % chances to be shown

Post by Saltie » Fri Jun 09, 2023 4:07 pm

I'd like to suggest either adding proc % chances on the tooltip of items in-game, or allow the database to show the % chances on the proc spell page

Example 1: Destiny (2h Sword) - 200 Strength "Chance on Hit" proc - https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=647 (Does not show % chance on tooltip)

Example 2: Destiny's proc buff - https://database.turtle-wow.org/?spell=17152 (Does not show % chance on spell details)

This would help anyone to determine which weapon or item is more worthwhile than another, especially Ret Paladins who use Seal of the Crusader.

Raukodor

Re: Allow proc % chances to be shown

Post by Raukodor » Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:03 pm

In this version the proc chance is calculated by ppm, so is not a flat %

In short, slower weapons have more chances of proc than faster weapons to balance it

There is a full list of ppm (and estimated %) of all the items on internet
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:56 am

Unless Turtle changed it then Vanilla ISNT actual PPM like people tout, thats just the average number you should expect based on proc rates vs weapon speeds in order to get a ballpark % estimate.

Actual PPM was a retail thing that was guaranteed X procs over the course of a minute and usually had an ICD to match it.

You can get several procs in a row of some stuff if RNG so inclines, its not guaranteed.

Getplucked

Post by Getplucked » Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:29 pm

Raukodor wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 11:03 pm
In this version the proc chance is calculated by ppm, so is not a flat %
Source?

Vanilla has a few things that are "ppm", like Seal of Command, but the vast majority of procs in vanilla are just a flat % chance on hit, like Windfury.

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:40 am

I think in the current version of turtle weapon speed is normalised
So most weapons with chance on hit effects, weapon enchants etc are ppm
Correct me if im wrong
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer