Upgrade weapon LVL

Carroyo92

Upgrade weapon LVL

Post by Carroyo92 » Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:23 pm

Hi!

My suggestion is to be able to raise the level of the weapons/items by increasing their dps or bonuses.
This is because there are very nice sets or with good procks that would be great to be able to use them until the latest content.
As an example I can give two sets of weapons that I would have liked to use in Naxramas, first because they were hard for me to get and second because they comply with what I had commented.

Doom's Edge + Crul'shorukh (hate wen i had to replace dooms witch Hatched)
The Twin Blades of Hakkari fromo ZG
Thekal's Grasp + Arlokk's Grasp. for the sick Primal Blessing.

These are just a few items from a warrior's perspective, but there are sure to be items that any race/class wishes they could level up or make a rarity upgrade.

Of course, the way to raise the level or rarity must be accompanied by a tremendous difficulty, for example, raising the item to the level of naxs items would be necessary to farm bind when collecting matterials from nax or wb or something hard..

what do you think?

sorry for my english, most of it was a google translation.

Ugoboom

Re: Upgrade weapon LVL

Post by Ugoboom » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:02 pm

Not a bad idea actually. Higher tier raids could drop from bosses, BOP reagents that could be used via questlines with experienced blacksmiths and crafstsmen NPCs to upgrade many different weapons.

This does run into problems if it's enabled to every single weapon being upgradable. Imagine a naxx ilvl ironfoe or felstriker.... or a naxx ilvl fishbringer lmao. Some rebalancing would have to be done for sure to make sure upgraded weapons dont end up way better than like gressil ilvl weapons.

It would be a lot of work to implement but this would be a great way to see way more weapon diversity at progressed endgame, while not impacting prog.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:17 am

Ugoboom wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:02 pm
Not a bad idea actually. Higher tier raids could drop from bosses, BOP reagents that could be used via questlines with experienced blacksmiths and crafstsmen NPCs to upgrade many different weapons.
Imagine Ironfoe upgradable to naxx quality.
Ironfoe is already BoP.
Mats can be divided to two categories:
1. Dropped in naxx
2. Dropped in rest of the world
If mats from naxx will be BoE, then it will be leak of naxx power to player who didn't progress naxx. So this category should be BoP. You have to raid naxx to get naxx weapons.
Other mats can be BoE to let people have an option to sell those mats for crafters willing to upgrade.

Result of improvement should also be BoP. If it will be BoE, then it is leak of naxx power to players outside of naxx.

It will be pure player power in professions. You'll have to level blacksmith on your own to upgrade your own soulbound Ironfoe.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:32 am

Xudo wrote:
Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:17 am
ttps://forum.turtle-wow.org/viewtopic.php?t=5619]player power in professions[/url]. You'll have to level blacksmith on your own to upgrade your own soulbound Ironfoe.
Did you miss the part where I said NPC quest?
Cause yeah, this system totally would not work with the vanilla profession design exactly as you said and as I surely know.

With quests with a crafstsman NPC, you can both keep the naxx drops BoP, and let all players enjoy this upgrade path.

Carroyo92

Post by Carroyo92 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:01 pm

Ugoboom wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:02 pm
This does run into problems if it's enabled to every single weapon being upgradable. Imagine a naxx ilvl ironfoe or felstriker.... or a naxx ilvl fishbringer lmao. Some rebalancing would have to be done for sure to make sure upgraded weapons dont end up way better than like gressil ilvl weapons.
You are right, it is likely that some weapons will be too strong haha, But anyway it would be something great to add.

On the other hand I read in Turtle's changes that the Warrior is Overpower ... My comment is that this only happens with Worldbuffs.

These forums are really read by developers? It will be nice if they respond with "good idea we can do how to do it" or "this is impossible" or we are talking meaningless

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:30 am

Carroyo92 wrote:
Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:01 pm
On the other hand I read in Turtle's changes that the Warrior is Overpower ... My comment is that this only happens with Worldbuffs.
It's really obvious you don't raid here. Warriors are sitll very much overpowered.
Carroyo92 wrote:
These forums are really read by developers? It will be nice if they respond with "good idea we can do how to do it" or "this is impossible" or we are talking meaningless
They never respond and have discussion with the community on the forums. its sad. but they have taken some ideas.

Carroyo92

Post by Carroyo92 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:09 pm

Ugoboom wrote:

It's really obvious you don't raid here. Warriors are sitll very much overpowered.
You are talking that warriors are overpower only for DPS perspective, In static fights.

Tell me about pvp 1v1, or dynamics figths

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:10 pm

Carroyo92 wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:09 pm
Tell me about pvp 1v1, or dynamics figths
what the hell is a dynamic fight lmaooooo

All meele suffer on Ouro and Rag and that's about it. Wars god tier everywhere else in all facets of the game.

Also warrior has a great spread for duels, but thats irrelevant. Vanilla was never balanced around duels anyway nor should it be. For pvp content the classes were balanced around WSG and AB viability. Later wows saw balancing for 2v2 arena, and this severely impacted the design of classes for the worse, in the name of more viable 2v2 comps.

Carroyo92

Post by Carroyo92 » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:05 pm

Up! so that the thread is not lost and we can have this one day