Re: +500 DPS (No Raid Gear/Self Buff) Elemental Cat Build

Post by Geojak » Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:52 am

Thank you

Portholes

Post by Portholes » Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:22 am

Required Addons: Supermacro
(viewtopic.php?t=874)

I've been receiving a few questions here and there about "a standard powershift rotation". The most coherent way of explaining it is probably through a simple "1 button macro" (this macro should not be used as an "end all" dps macro), but should be used as a steppingstone into the basics of Feral DPS.
This macro will give you little control over your Druid and should be used as a "learning tool". I'm aware that most Feral DPS mains will disapprove, but so be it. It is formatted this way for easy understanding. Im not going to give you a copy/paste (you need to understand what you're doing). This macro is purely backstab, and does not use Rip.

Note: There may be issues with values in this macro, since it was kind of made on the fly, but just change them as issues arise.

(viewtopic.php?t=874)

(RIGHT CLICK/OPEN TO ENLARGE)
(viewtopic.php?t=874)

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:25 am

Wow nice macro

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:23 pm

I had a similar build with my melee hunter with very fast attack speed with dual alcor sunrazor and wolf stance and indendosaur set
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:41 pm

I have a paladin build liek that with woc and judgement of wisdom for infinite mana and incendosaur. I deal more dmamage like that with tempest keep 1h sword with haste procc and survival lantern for nature dmg hits, than with hand of ragnaros...

But not as good as druid, only 400 dps and with quite some gear

Moomoomoo

Post by Moomoomoo » Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:50 pm

FYI for those trying to get that dagger..

You can solo farm Princess Theradras as a Druid, feral or moonkin:

Portholes

Post by Portholes » Wed Mar 29, 2023 5:28 am

Soloing Princess is actually easier on Twow compared to Classic/Vanilla servers. As long as you kite Princess at max range she will stop and channel "Dust Field" every 4-5 seconds (as long as you stay out of range of her Boulder 20-30 yards). You can stealth all the way up to princess without having to fight anything. Once you're there you can just kite her in a circle around her room casting moonfire/insect swarm. Every 4-5 seconds (count in your head as your running) she will stop and channel "Dust Field", you can throw out a starfire if you want to kill her faster. Think it averages about 7 min per run so you'll hit lockout timer within a little over half an hour.

Note: if you get hit by the boulder and get knocked down just keep running. She wont be channelling her "Dust Field" for a bit, but will decide to start using it again in about 10-15 seconds. Always stay max range (I suggest getting a Distance/Range finder addon).

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:47 am

Moomoomoo wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:50 pm
FYI for those trying to get that dagger..

You can solo farm Princess Theradras as a Druid, feral or moonkin:
Yeah. Get your t1-t2 and then farm dungeon for 50 lvl solo to get dagger for other spec.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:39 am

Xudo wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 7:47 am
Yeah. Get your t1-t2 and then farm dungeon for 50 lvl solo to get dagger for other spec.
You don't need T1 or T2 to farm Princess Theradas. Like Portholes said, it's really simple to kite her if you're playing a class that has any ranged damage to them thanks to her Dust Field ability. But even if you're pure melee, you can go in, melee, and then kite while you heal/bandage up during Dust Fields.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:51 am

Yeah, princess can be soloed on feral or balance with preraid bis gear. Just keep an eye to your mana and heal with omen of clarity procs

Reyden

Post by Reyden » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:49 pm

Lets create druids guild, everyone who decided to make Elemental build could join us. What would you say?

Here's my Armory. In usage before it became mainstream.
https://armory.turtle-wow.org/#!/character/Reyden

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Sat May 06, 2023 5:24 pm

I am very tempted to try this build out, but only if I get that blade before my MCP recipe finally drops (40 runs and counting)

Reyden

Post by Reyden » Sat May 06, 2023 8:51 pm

Finally I've got Wrath of Cenarius ring. Well in cat form it procs all the time almost without delay every 10s. But it increases damage of spell effects, in my case I need more healing done instead of spell damage. Because you cant cast druid damaging spells in cat or bear form effectively. So its not really useful but may be in upcoming patch there might be interesting builds.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Sat May 06, 2023 11:15 pm

How good would this build be on a 49 twink druid? as you can use 5/7 of the things at 49.

Reyden

Post by Reyden » Mon May 08, 2023 7:24 pm

Jammyxx wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 11:15 pm
How good would this build be on a 49 twink druid? as you can use 5/7 of the things at 49.
Well, I can't say that it's a strong build for pvp. It requires tons of time to get such specific type of gear. On the output - exotic build. I would recommend it for dungeons and fun play, for those who enjoy experiments.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sat May 27, 2023 6:49 pm

Geojak wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:14 pm
It's kinda broken but It in a good way imo. Since this build doesn't rly, scale any further and you aren't doing more dmg than meta naxx players.
I raid with someone in this build. Idk how accurate the "sustained" part of the statement is. I'm very close to full bis and I drastically out DPS this build. It is really good for trash parse though. Not trying to crap on it. I fully support experimenting with stuff like this. That's what twow is all about. If curse of elements did allow nature weakness, I imagine DPS would increase a fair amount as well.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat May 27, 2023 9:55 pm

It's pretzy insane in arena. Since you can both get easy mana from it, and deal good dmg. Can grind down your opponents since ferals can't be killed easily either on e they switch to baer when focused or heal when allows.

Rafale

Post by Rafale » Sat May 27, 2023 10:26 pm

This is awesome and not broken because it doesn't scale well !

it's just a good option to do decent dps with preraid
I always follow those rules for suggestion :
1) Does it answer the class/spec problem ?
2) Does it keep the class identity ?
3) Does it keep the vanilla gameplay of the class/spec ?
4) Is it balanced (not OP) ?

Rafale

Post by Rafale » Sat May 27, 2023 10:27 pm

Geojak wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 9:55 pm
It's pretzy insane in arena. Since you can both get easy mana from it, and deal good dmg. Can grind down your opponents since ferals can't be killed easily either on e they switch to baer when focused or heal when allows.
At a huge cost because many items are very very bad for PVP.

Offhand from survival skill, back and head are really items with no stats so you end up losing tons of stam/agi/str.
I always follow those rules for suggestion :
1) Does it answer the class/spec problem ?
2) Does it keep the class identity ?
3) Does it keep the vanilla gameplay of the class/spec ?
4) Is it balanced (not OP) ?

0ulf

Post by 0ulf » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:02 pm

anyone good with math here? I want to figure out how much DPS 1% attack speed is worth if you're using the dagger + lantern + 2set incendosaur.

I feel like it would be a lot, since more attacks means more dagger procs, more clearcasting procs, and more crits, but I have absolutely no clue how i'd go about calculating that. I guess it also depends on your AP/Crit but I just want an estimate, like the ones from Taladril's List

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:05 am

Would be nice if they added some new +Nature damage DPS Pieces in the new Emerald Sanctum raid that would help the build progress further, rather than being stuck to lvl 49 blues.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:27 am

First things first make the cloak available, to night elf druids...

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:34 am

Ornate bloodstone dagger is coming next patch - decent chance the build is gonna be much much stronger with it if it finds a way to survive the self damage.

So lets wait how the dagger shakes up the meta before we gonna improve on the spec too much

Portholes

Post by Portholes » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:18 pm

It'll be interesting if its the same proc chance as Blade of Eternal Darkness... If it is a 10% proc you'll be doing roughly 185 dps to yourself.. not horrible, but if you get unlucky you could nuke yourself. If it has a spell coefficient that'll really change things up. Only real down side is not getting back the 100 mana per proc. It'll also be interesting to see if it crits, if those crits are counted as spell crits, if the damage taken effects bear rage generation, and if the damage done/taken can proc anything.

Paha4qw

Post by Paha4qw » Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:00 am

I was trying to get that cloak (Thunder's Lizard Hide) for 2 days now. It's always sold out. Anyone knows the restock timer? It feels like more than 6 hours...

Shaman111

Post by Shaman111 » Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:10 am

Portholes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:22 am
(viewtopic.php?t=874)

I've been receiving a few questions here and there about "a standard powershift rotation". The most coherent way of explaining it is probably through a simple "1 button macro" (this macro should not be used as an "end all" dps macro), but should be used as a steppingstone into the basics of Feral DPS.
This macro will give you little control over your Druid and should be used as a "learning tool". I'm aware that most Feral DPS mains will disapprove, but so be it. It is formatted this way for easy understanding. Im not going to give you a copy/paste (you need to understand what you're doing). This macro is purely backstab, and does not use Rip.

Note: There may be issues with values in this macro, since it was kind of made on the fly, but just change them as issues arise.

(viewtopic.php?t=874)

(viewtopic.php?t=874)
Someone explain to me in what situations using claw is better than shred

Portholes

Post by Portholes » Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:00 am

Shaman111 wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 8:10 am
Portholes wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:22 am
(viewtopic.php?t=874)

(viewtopic.php?t=874)

(viewtopic.php?t=874)
Someone explain to me in what situations using claw is better than shred
I didn't really test it out too much (kinda made it on the fly), my thought process was in certain situations (72-82 energy and 4 combo points) it's better to waste the energy on a claw > 5 point ferocious bite > power shift than to get yourself in the situation of being at 4 combo points > shred (5 combo points) but then you don't have enough energy to use ferocious bite and you're within power shift energy range.. so you power shift > energy tick.. you now have 80 energy and you blow it all on a ferocious bite (horrible energy to dmg ratio after 35 energy) which brings your energy to 0 > power shift

Either way there may be errors in it, I wrote the macro like that so it's easy to read and adjust to the players liking. Fiddle around with the numbers, take claw out if need be, add rip to the mix if ya want [if GetComboPoints("target")>=5 and not buffed("Rip", 'target') then CastSpellByName("Rip") end;] , work out the timing so you're not out of form when you receive an energy tic... it's there as more of a learning tool than gospel

Fvan1

Re: Elemental Cat Build

Post by Fvan1 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:12 pm

I brushed a set in addition to the necklace, but I found that the element cat is not as strong as I imagined, and even the amount of blood in pvp is quite small and more fragile. It doesn't hurt that much

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:32 pm

I mean this feels more like a preraid set that might be worth getting if you are lucky with the dagger drop, but with the upcoming changes to 2H maces and some T1/T2 feral items idk if i'd bother.

Coliny

Post by Coliny » Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:37 am

Paha4qw wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 6:00 am
I was trying to get that cloak (Thunder's Lizard Hide) for 2 days now. It's always sold out. Anyone knows the restock timer? It feels like more than 6 hours...
hi, how can i get Thunder's Lizard Hide? the database is locked now.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:41 pm

Coliny wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:37 am
Paha4qw wrote:
Used to be horde only.

Now there is a new elemtnwl dmg ring from gilenas dungeon for the build. Go get it

Coliny

Post by Coliny » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:49 pm

Geojak wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:41 pm
Coliny wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 11:37 am
Paha4qw wrote:
Used to be horde only.

Now there is a new elemtnwl dmg ring from gilenas dungeon for the build. Go get it
got it , ty . but the gilenas dungeon is not open right?
Last edited by Coliny on Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Coliny

Post by Coliny » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:57 pm

i got Thunder's Lizard Hide. still want to know what are u saying the new item. :)

F88813164

Post by F88813164 » Wed Oct 04, 2023 6:25 am

I am a Druid player and I am using the latest equipment gorgeous Bloodstone Dagger, but I have encountered a BUG. When I change form, I also lose health and don't trigger effects properly. Every time I change form, I lose 500 health. Hopefully GM will fix this BUG soon. I spent almost all my energy and savings to make and buy it . Even when I change my weapon, it triggers a special effect that causes me to lose health!

Reyden

Post by Reyden » Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:40 am

Yeah. We've tested it together. It doesn't work as intended. Worthless. The Ornate Bloodstone Dagger never proc at all but makes me hurt. I play as a druid.
https://armory.turtle-wow.org/#!/character/Reyden