Has liked: 27 times

Crossfaction world pvp

Post by Geojak » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:15 pm

Hello,
Currently world pvp can only happen as faction war
Orc vs human
Troll vs Nighelf
Etc.

But humans are petty and murder is real.
Why can't a human attack another pvp flagged human thaz stole his rich thorium

I suggest. Make world pvp faction less.
If another player is not in your party/raid then you can attack him, no matter the faction if he is pvp flagged.
Yes that means in pvp murder cases inside the own faction will happen, but guards should keep crimes under controle, just like goblin guards do.

This would make raid vs raid encounters at world bosses alot better too. Rmemebr when people got insts auto kicked from raid when the anti grieving went out of controle which ironically made you get grieved alot easer.

This would make group vs group make sense when currently one of your orc teammates gets ganked by some humans and you had to watch him get killed ad you are allaince yourself. Now you can fight together with your friend no matter the faction.

Also extend this into blood ring please.

This will solve world pvp problems too as it doubles your potential pvp encounters. Anyone with pvp on is a potential trhest and target. Pvp players will love it.

For pve players not much will change. Avoid the green as always if you don't want pvp

Implementation wise would work like this: the moment you flag pvp, both allaince and horde players are considered opposite faction unless of course in group.
If you are not pvp flagged, then no changes.
Last edited by Geojak on Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gantulga

Re: Crossfaction world pvp

Post by Gantulga » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:19 pm

Yeah. WPvP should be FFA on this server since we have cross-faction grouping. It's only the natural progression.

At the very least all players in a PvP-flagged group/raid should be open to FFA PvP if they flag themselves.
Last edited by Gantulga on Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heine

Post by Heine » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:38 pm

It would be really cool to have open pvp.
Very interesting feature.

Xudo
Has liked: 50 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:59 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:15 pm
This will solve world pvp problems too as it doubles your potential pvp encounters. Anyone with pvp on is a potential trhest and target. Pvp players will love it.
I assume that problem of world pvp is extremely unfair fights like 60 rogue ganks newbies in Elwyn. Thats why doubling encounters don't help much.
People could ignore possibility because it is too dangerous.

Though, I like the idea to group up against other groups of players. Could be implemented as local faction vs local faction. For example like magram vs gelkis followers. You declare your party are magram champions and you can attack gelkis champions.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Mar 01, 2023 5:18 pm

Being able to flag FFA would be pretty awesome.

And yeah, don't really get why Blood Ring isn't crossfaction.

Williamson75

Post by Williamson75 » Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:15 pm

As long as it has its own glyph or separate thing. I don't care. Only free for all can attack free for all. Make it worth doing beyond pvp

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:38 am

In my cent, this will make things too chaotic without proper implementation and cause so much confusion.

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:33 am

Regarding FFA PvP I'd like to point in the direction of "Ascension" the classless server. They've implemented FFA PvP a long time ago and added something that's called the "Outlaw"-System, which is kind of a reputation thing. As soon as you kill "law abiding" players out in the open as an "outlaw" you loose reputation and at some point your own faction's hostile to you, unless you regain reputation by either questing or killing other outlaws ("bringing them to justice").
It's a bit complicated to explain everything, but i think that would be a good idea for some players for FFA PvP AND even opens up some options for RP-PvP.

Scaryna

Post by Scaryna » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:17 pm

FFA pvp would be amazing. +1

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:23 pm

Could just introduce /ffa to flag the gurub ashi arena ffa Black dagger. The necessary code is already in game. Relatively low effort by devs I think
Introduce outlaw, challenge, it works like wsrmode but flags /ffa permanently and gives +30% exp
The +30% exp is, removed from wsrmode. They gain +100% honour from wpvp kills instead

Lastly, if you are flagged pvp inside a group or raid, it should automatically change to ffa flag. This will make raid vs, raid make sense instead of the current grieving where half your raid fights half of their raids

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:55 pm

big +1 I'm in support for FFA PVP, especially for the warmode challenge. That challenge is taken because there's really nobody to gank them, so the 30% xp feels free. That big changes when your own faction can gank you, and so only pvp enjoyers would really take warmode at that point.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Ibux
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Ibux » Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:37 pm

make it only flagged people get to fight other flagged people. and remove the ability for non flagged people to buff flagged people while active in pvp combat. annoying to get flagged just because you buffed some random player questing or in group.

Forumdweller

Post by Forumdweller » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:16 am

I mean one could make arguments about how it could trivialize faction pride and all that... but at this point FFA is better than none at all.

Magzys22

Post by Magzys22 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:27 am

Forumdweller wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:16 am
I mean one could make arguments about how it could trivialize faction pride and all that... but at this point FFA is better than none at all.
this is why im 42 with 100+ Hks, gank every fucking person you see flagged. at 40 pala, a 40 war and 41 hunter tried to gank me and i 2v1d them 5 times for 10 hks. make PvP great again

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:06 am

Crossfaction Wpvp would be too confusing and would lose essence of the server. With risk of being ganked by literally everyone, every zone will become war zone instead.
It will make fewer people to choose war mode and server population will lean heavily toward PVE even more.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:25 am

Jongyi wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:06 am
Crossfaction Wpvp would be too confusing and would lose essence of the server. With risk of being ganked by literally everyone, every zone will become war zone instead.
It will make fewer people to choose war mode and server population will lean heavily toward PVE even more.
Isn't that exactly what wpvp people want. Making every time a war zone.

Did yo u ever do a world boss and a competing raid showed up. The pvp grieving is the worst shot ever when you can't even properly, fight raid vs raid, with half your guys being pvp flagged, half of them allaince, other half horde. Same for the other raid.
Its total nonsense and huge frustrion