The pvp state of the server

Achillesheel

The pvp state of the server

Post by Achillesheel » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:43 pm

Greetings turtles,
This is one of the best servers you can enjoy some classic vibes. But the part that I enjoy the most is the PVP.
I stopped playing because got super bored of playing only AV and people being AFK on towers to burn them and earn honor to climb the ladder.
I wanted to ask, is there any change in the PVP meta, or everything is still the same. 99% ally wins and only AV matches worth playing ?
Cheers !

Jammyxx

Re: The pvp state of the server

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:42 pm

This has been brought up countless times, nothing has been announced yet.

Ive not done much PvP yet but joined a few BGs only to be 2 shot by alliance paladins which then proceeded to bubble and heal back to full then one shot another player.

I was sat staring at my dead corpse on the release screen thinking wow, they're actually serious??

All we can do is wait for balance bringing to palas which I think is 50% of the issue in AV.

The other being the horde base backdoor, plus the countless NPCs in Dun Baldar.

Someone in my BG group joked saying giving paladins this amount of damage is the same as giving rogues plate and a shield.

Tamm

Post by Tamm » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:01 pm

current pvp state is "world of paladins" with sad consequences

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:08 pm

Top tier PvP specs were buffed further due to PvE changes bleeding into PvP while others fell further behind.

World PvP doesn't really exist. Warmode is a broken mess that only attracts PvErs for the EXP boost.

AV is the only BG that pops consistently but don't expect any actual PvP in there, as you should already know.
WSG/AB pop very rarely and the custom BG (Sunnyglade) is never played.

Artofwill

Post by Artofwill » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:59 am

WSG/AB has been poping more often with the honor adjustments, but the other issues still remain.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:28 am

Hello!!

As i posted earlier this month.

The server needs a refresh in the PVP community.
And in my opinion a new BG wuld be a great idea.
And for me the most wanted BG mod that i always desired so many years, is the DOTA BG. Blizz culd never manage to do it. But i think the warmane server brought it as an xmas event last year.

If the devs wuld be able to build this kind of mod, i think it wuld b very interesting and attract the interest of more.

Dont wanna play dota 1 on 95 graphics.
Please consider my suggestion!!

PEACE!! maintenance_turtle
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:30 am

Majestik51 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:28 am

...for me the most wanted BG mod that i always desired so many years, is the DOTA BG. Blizz culd never manage to do it. But i think the warmane server brought it as an xmas event last year.

If the devs wuld be able to build this kind of mod, i think it wuld b very interesting and attract the interest of more...
+1
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Xudo
Has liked: 49 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:10 am

Majestik51 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:28 am
And in my opinion a new BG wuld be a great idea.
It don't work that way. There is custom battleground, but noone play it because it inefficient in terms of honor per hour.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Zulnam
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Zulnam » Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:34 am

Tamm wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:01 pm
current pvp state is "world of paladins" with sad consequences
True. I wish i could trade in my paladin. Don't have time to level another toon to 60.

Also, AV is not the be-all end-all BG anymore. Yes, it's still popular, but you get pretty consistent WG and AB pops these days thanks to some tweaking in honor gains.

Also they added pre 1.12 AV which is... Interesting. It actually forces both sides to meet each other in battle. But like i said, for people who want short pvp sessions, AB/WG pop now.