Stackable soul shards for warlock

Alcadar

Stackable soul shards for warlock

Post by Alcadar » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:02 am

They take so much space in bag it's annoing. If there is a chance to do stack of at least 10 more warlock would love to play here :)

Racczull

Re: Stackable soul shards for warlock

Post by Racczull » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:59 am

+1. Agree

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:18 am

I play a lock myself.
Im thinking stacks of 3 then, perhaps.
That probably won't make the use of soul bags unnecessary.
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Daspien1

Post by Daspien1 » Sat Feb 04, 2023 4:53 pm

+1
Dzamboko troll warlock

In the end death claims us all !

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:44 pm

Rather make soul bags bigger so they're worth using.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:57 pm

Is that … is that a skill issue I see? No warlock would ever need more than 5-6 Soulshards at a time. Don't give me that lame excuse about summoning an entire raid. Never an issue with so many mobs around to siphon a shard off'em.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Mekunekud

Post by Mekunekud » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:30 am

Not that I don't think it should be considered, I'd rather they just make Soul Bags like quivers and provide passive bonuses.
Not something insane like 15% attack speed etc but rather minor, potentially interesting effects like "improves pet abilities by X%" so there's some value to using them while losing the bag slot.
Otherwise you may as well just opt to give some money to Twow and use the bigger bag slots and save on the pointless loss of space.

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Sun Feb 05, 2023 3:49 pm

Mekunekud wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:30 am
Not that I don't think it should be considered, I'd rather they just make Soul Bags like quivers and provide passive bonuses.
Not something insane like 15% attack speed etc but rather minor, potentially interesting effects like "improves pet abilities by X%" so there's some value to using them while losing the bag slot.
Otherwise you may as well just opt to give some money to Twow and use the bigger bag slots and save on the pointless loss of space.

+1
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Xudo

Post by Xudo » Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:57 pm

Think about it from the other side.
Soul shard could store name and the type of the mob you siphoned.
Minor aesthetic addition.
How do you like the personal achievement collect soul shard from every boss ingame?

They also could be more interesting by themselves.
Soul shard can be different depending on the type of mob you sifoned. Using this shard could give minor restorative buff to warlock.
For example shards from players give no buff. To prevent misuse in PvP.
Shards from beasts and dragonkin give some mp5. Shards from humanoids and undead give more hp5. Shards from demons have a chance to return to your bag after use. Shards from elementals have a chance to return in the form of healthstone.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Schwarzschild

Post by Schwarzschild » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:42 pm

Xudo wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:57 pm
Think about it from the other side.
Soul shard could store name and the type of the mob you siphoned.
Minor aesthetic addition.
How do you like the personal achievement collect soul shard from every boss ingame?

They also could be more interesting by themselves.
Soul shard can be different depending on the type of mob you sifoned. Using this shard could give minor restorative buff to warlock.
For example shards from players give no buff. To prevent misuse in PvP.
Shards from beasts and dragonkin give some mp5. Shards from humanoids and undead give more hp5. Shards from demons have a chance to return to your bag after use. Shards from elementals have a chance to return in the form of healthstone.
Pretty sure the devs would hit walls very soon regarding what's possible with the ancient codebase. If I remember correctly, dynamic tooltips like this are especially difficult.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:32 pm

Alcadar wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:02 am
They take so much space in bag it's annoing. If there is a chance to do stack of at least 10 more warlock would love to play here :)
For those who know how to manage their resources, you'll keep 3-5 on you at any time. This is intended.

For those who have no self control, thats what soul bags are for, so you can just keep that sucker topped off. I do agree soul bags should be bigger.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Kooldudester

Post by Kooldudester » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:22 pm

Gunna reiterate that soul bags should be made more appealing somehow. I've never once used one, just don't see why I would over a normal bag. Would it be possible to make it so that the conjured warlock stones can be stored in them too? It'll at least mean that you'd be able to stick your healthstone in it and save a slot elsewhere, and maybe incentivize the use of spell/fire stones just a teensy bit more.
Last edited by Kooldudester on Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:37 am

I'm playing a warlock first time ever in my 18 year WoW career and frankly, I'm baffled how useless Soul Bags are. As a non-raider, I can't imagine a situation where I'd be using one over a normal bag.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:41 am

if you a pvp lock, like me!

you know that u need a big amount of soul shards (for every single bg), especially when u play shadow burn build.

i think we should get stackd shards, dont need to buff the soul bag. Just make them shards stack, that wuld be a big upgrade.

PEACE!! maintenance_turtle