Patch 1.17.0 — Beyond the Greymane Wall

Kicky78

Re: Patch 1.16.6 — Work in progress!

Post by Kicky78 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:57 am

Mavbyte wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2023 7:51 am
Klen wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:52 pm
Will it be ever released ? I mean 6 months of teasing isn't teasing anymore ...
6 months is nothing. :D
The big class change was announced for a year before it was released. ;D
Still they found time for useless inferno mode, useless soundtracks, useless shellcoin event, etc...

Hey administration. maybe it is better to spare time for releases of new raids & new dungeons? Step by step realeases instead of tonns of doubtful promises and bright pictures, but resulting into months of doing NOTHING ?

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:13 am

Kicky78 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 7:57 am
Mavbyte wrote:
Klen wrote:
Still they found time for useless inferno mode, useless soundtracks, useless shellcoin event, etc...

Hey administration. maybe it is better to spare time for releases of new raids & new dungeons? Step by step realeases instead of tonns of doubtful promises and bright pictures, but resulting into months of doing NOTHING ?
Developers are not universal soldiers. One responsible for quests probably can't make music.
Guys actually do step by step releases on weekly basis. You can see changelog here viewforum.php?f=63
If it is possible to make game better without redownloading the client, then they do it.

Huge things like new dungeons and raid and class balance requires changes in client. You can't send 15 Gb to each of 7k player even on monthly basis.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Kicky78

Post by Kicky78 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:55 am

Xudo wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:13 am

Developers are not universal soldiers. One responsible for quests probably can't make music.
Guys actually do step by step releases on weekly basis. You can see changelog here viewforum.php?f=63
If it is possible to make game better without redownloading the client, then they do it.

Huge things like new dungeons and raid and class balance requires changes in client. You can't send 15 Gb to each of 7k player even on monthly basis.
So why not to kick music guys and hire more quests guys then? I don't state that soundtracks are none of importance (still for lots of ppl they are in fact), I ask about any MAJOR Azeroth-wide changes, not limited to "we changed *monster name* attack from 50 to 38.

The server seems to be frozen, with no development.
- What about caverns of time dung? When was it closed, about 6months ago? And is still closed.
- What about fraction change? Frozen too.
- What about guild houses? - Same.

So to sum up not only any further changes made, even the old ones are still frozen and none knows about any time they will be activated. In case they will be...

Btw about "You can't send 15 Gb to each of 7k player" - okay, tell that to guys that made Warzone. You will be surpised how many Gb you can send to players. All right, now you can throw back that T-WoW team is by 100-times smaller than Warzone team. And it will be correct. Still no one claims for 15Gb' updates each month. Just asking about ANY worth noting progress during more than HALF A YEAR.

Sunflowerdeath1

Post by Sunflowerdeath1 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:28 pm

Kicky78 wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:55 am
Xudo wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:13 am

So why not to kick music guys and hire more quests guys then? I don't state that soundtracks are none of importance (still for lots of ppl they are in fact), I ask about any MAJOR Azeroth-wide changes, not limited to "we changed *monster name* attack from 50 to 38.

The server seems to be frozen, with no development.
- What about caverns of time dung? When was it closed, about 6months ago? And is still closed.
- What about fraction change? Frozen too.
- What about guild houses? - Same.

So to sum up not only any further changes made, even the old ones are still frozen and none knows about any time they will be activated. In case they will be...

Btw about "You can't send 15 Gb to each of 7k player" - okay, tell that to guys that made Warzone. You will be surpised how many Gb you can send to players. All right, now you can throw back that T-WoW team is by 100-times smaller than Warzone team. And it will be correct. Still no one claims for 15Gb' updates each month. Just asking about ANY worth noting progress during more than HALF A YEAR.
The single most frequently mentioned problem is about paladins in pvp - and literally all the reaction of the developers on it is a single phrase said on some random podcast, that they are going to do something at some point about it. Yeah, better the team focus on more trailers and soundtracks.

Houseperenolde

Post by Houseperenolde » Tue Jul 04, 2023 1:46 pm

Baron Perenolde
A nice callback to WC3. If they haven't used Isiden Perenolde as a hostile NPC yet, and it would be a waste to use him that way, I home for a mid-40 lvl questgiver. I think there are a lot of interesting ways to use him both as a tie in to lower level quests like 'The Perenolde Tiara' and as a source of breadcrumb quests to the new areas that have been added like Lapidis Isles. Maybe even an extra quest for those crazy Syndicate rep grinders.

Pepesmite

Post by Pepesmite » Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:39 pm

Kicky78 wrote:
Mavbyte wrote:
Klen wrote:

Hello!
Dear Kicky78,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your concern and dedication towards the server's development. We are confident that in the near future, you will witness the progress we have been making, and your concerns and questions will be addressed. It is important to note that development is a challenging and time-consuming process that requires careful refinement.

We would like to remind you that this project is entirely free and supported by passionate individuals. We assure you that we always fulfill our promises.

Sunflowerdeath1

Post by Sunflowerdeath1 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 4:27 pm

Pepesmite wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:39 pm
Kicky78 wrote:
Mavbyte wrote:

Hello!
Dear Kicky78,

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your concern and dedication towards the server's development. We are confident that in the near future, you will witness the progress we have been making, and your concerns and questions will be addressed. It is important to note that development is a challenging and time-consuming process that requires careful refinement.

We would like to remind you that this project is entirely free and supported by passionate individuals. We assure you that we always fulfill our promises.
When I read that, at first I thought it was someone's sarcastic attempt to portray a reply from a member of turtle wow's team.

Xeapor

Post by Xeapor » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:01 pm

Lord of the Frogs my beloved
What if me am that kind of Orc?

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Wed Jul 05, 2023 3:48 am

Kicky78 wrote:
Mavbyte wrote:
Klen wrote:

I think that server stability and playability should always come first, but other than that it is not our call to make what are the most important changes. I personally don't like the shellcoin spam, but so what? I think, it is amazing that they add new content in all areqq, including soundtracks. The changes you ask for are already in the works and announced. They will come and my guess is soonish. No need to rush devs. You think, that will make them work faster? It just stresses and annoys them, if anything. I for one think that it's better to release stuff, when it's done and tested, instead of rushing things.

Jorgelsb

Post by Jorgelsb » Tue Jul 11, 2023 9:15 am

Muito bom cara que legal. Será que um dia eles vão lança uma o shaman em ?

Booglesz

Post by Booglesz » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:12 am

Should totally give hunters more custom pets.

Akalix
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Akalix » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:23 am

Kicky78 wrote:
Mavbyte wrote:
Klen wrote:

Perhaps you are unaware of how the development process works.

The people designing modes, producing soundtracks, creating events, etc... none of them are the same as the people who design dungeons, or items, etc. Completely different skillsets within our team of over 100 people.

I would ask that you refrain from saying we've done nothing for months, considering the amount of custom content being developed for this new patch and the amount of bugs fixed over the past few months.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:34 am

Kicky78 wrote:
As Akalix said above, tl;dr nobody here actually gives a shit what you think.

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:56 am

Dragunovi wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:30 pm
1.16.6: Totem of the Flowing Timeways - Drops from Epidamu in Caverns of Time: The Black Morass.
Effect: Your Water Shield ability grants an additional 6 mana per 5 sec. while active.
Just realising.. May I assume, that Caverns of Time will reopen with 1.16.6?

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:12 am

We've learned a lot about new items and item changes over the last few days in the other subforum. Everything in Emerald Sanctum seems to drop from Solnius The Awakener, who is also said to be the big antagonist in the lore teasers. Which leads me to believe it's going to be more like an Onyxia-style encounter than a raid with multiple bosses. Solnius already has a database entry and it's a level 64 boss. Yes, 64, not 63 like every other raid boss encounter. If that sticks (and there's no guarantee of it), it's bound to shake a few things up mechancially. Nice!
Mavbyte wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:56 am
Dragunovi wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 2:30 pm
1.16.6: Totem of the Flowing Timeways - Drops from Epidamu in Caverns of Time: The Black Morass.
Effect: Your Water Shield ability grants an additional 6 mana per 5 sec. while active.
Just realising.. May I assume, that Caverns of Time will reopen with 1.16.6?
Pretty sure I've read some official say as much on these here forums, but I can't find it right now. Might be just my imagination.

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Fri Jul 14, 2023 9:13 am

I am strongly motivated by the poor man's challenge. turtle_in_love
With slow & steady it's the kind of unhinged violence I do love.
Main: Whitemare

Borefficz

Post by Borefficz » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:31 pm

Pet autocasting is screwed up since the last maintenance, hope to see it fixed soon :(

Chunli

Post by Chunli » Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:56 pm

Borefficz wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:31 pm
Pet autocasting is screwed up since the last maintenance, hope to see it fixed soon :(
как вы скачали 1,16,6???

Allwynd01

Post by Allwynd01 » Mon Jul 17, 2023 11:19 am

Chunli wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:56 pm
Borefficz wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2023 7:31 pm
как вы скачали 1,16,6???
I don't think 1.16.6 is being released, nobody can download it.

Kendrik

Post by Kendrik » Fri Jul 21, 2023 10:45 am

For the Vagrant's Endeavor challenge, I would add :
-no auction
-no trading
-only poor or common quality gear but can wear green or blue if the character can craft them

I'm sorry for my poor english and if what I said has already been said

Ingameacc12345

Post by Ingameacc12345 » Fri Jul 21, 2023 11:14 am

Maybe no talents as well? You are a vagrant after all, piss poor.

Isvya

Re: Patch 1.17.0 — Beyond the Greymane Wall

Post by Isvya » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:18 pm

so it is 1.17 now, i guess its bigger than expected

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:31 pm

HYPE insidious_turtle

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Sun Jul 30, 2023 4:57 pm

Seems like blood ring rep going to be bis for tanks?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Tublat

Post by Tublat » Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:28 pm

Wil Race change come back? :)

Bloodphobos

Post by Bloodphobos » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:35 pm

Torta wrote:
Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:37 pm
  • Flourish now has a 40 second cooldown to avoid cases where the Rogue would become avoidance capped.
    Developer Note: Rogue tanking, while a cool and unique concept, has one major flaw. With avoidance based tanks, you either die instantly or do not require any healing at all. It leads to some encounters being trivialised, such as Patchwerk. It has also been brought to our attention that some crafty rogues use flourish to farm some end game bosses alone or in a much smaller group than intended. For that reason, we decided to put a cd on Flourish, to make reaching avoidance cap much harder. Expect more changes for rogue tanking, and rogue class as a whole in the next round of spell changes.
Torta can you or someone from developers explain your motivation for this way of change? You explain that you don't like existing rogue tanking meta: " With avoidance based tanks, you either die instantly or do not require any healing at all." and to fix it you just prevent the possibility of tank bosses in raids as a rogue... I want to note that rogue as a class has low HP by default and does not have any damage reduction talents, so even with good gear it is not possible to survive under raid boss crit hits. Existing glass tanking is viable only due to having permanent avoidance for such oneshot hits... And now with this change you give any raid boss possibility to one shot rogue tank... With this insta death noone guild/raid leader will never allow rogue to tank something in raids... Why don't you just wrote "We don't want to see rogue tanking be viable in raids" that would be at least clear and honest.

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:45 pm

I want to start by saying I like most of the changes. The full change log was in interesting read and I see a lot of promise in the upcoming patch. I'm very much looking forward to all the new content and the huge number of really nice fixes. turtle_in_love_head
Torta wrote:
Added a new raid buff to Druids: Emerald Blessing. This ability can be acquired from Emerald Sanctum after a small questline. At the cost of one Bright Dream Shard, this aura grants raid members within 80 yards 10% movement speed, 1% spell hit and 5% mana regeneration in combat.
[...]
In addition to the standard quests, there are repeatable quests in Hyjal that reward Dream Shards. Collect enough of these shards to exchange them for various rewards, including equipment forged from Dream infused materials. These repeatable quests can be completed individually, as a group for elite content, or through item turn-ins.
Very pumped for more druid content, especially if it goes towards the direction of perhaps the epic class questline we've been missing so sorely. Very much not pumped for being the only class that has to farm Hyjal repeatable quests just to buff their raid. Are shards tradable? Them being quest rewards leads me to assume they are not. "Bright Dream Shard" doesn't sound like the lowest tier either. If this is indeed the full change log it seems odd that one class gets singled out, having to farm a constant supply of these shards. Because raids will totally want that buff. I've always had a lot of compassion with warlocks for having to grind soul shards for raids - I don't want druids to become warlocks 2.0 in that regard.

The PvP changes sound awesome for the most part (especially making rep rewards more accessible). Some thoughts on two particular changes:
Torta wrote:
Blood Ring is being changed from 2v2 to 3v3.
Reputation rewards for Blood Ring have been increased to compensate for the increased durations that come with 3v3 matches.
Right now Blood Ring is dominated by bust damage, especially spell burst. Healers and hybrids are having a really hard time finding their footing. It's nice that you can heal when the enemy cannot, but your heal through-put is too low to be able to sustain against a double assault until the enemy runs out of mana. The problem is increased by gear discrepancies, but there's not a lot you can do against that.
Now 3v3 sounds nice in theory. 2 dps and 1 healer is definitely a more viable combo than 1 dps and 1 healer. But the flip-side is that the other side will now have 3 burst casters, easily reaching 1-shot territory even on geared people. Given that all cooldowns reset for Blood Ring it is totally viable (arguably optimal) to blow your cooldowns and nuke 1/3rd of the enemy team in literally 1 or 2 global cooldowns (3 mages or 3 ele shamans can easily do that without having to even close any gaps). I'm not sure we will see "increased durations" to be quite honest.
I don't think this will make for a fun experience and it will further highlight the gear discrepancy (hard to get both good damage *and* survivability without epic gear). This is not ranked arena where you have teams competing against equally skilled, coordinated and geared teams. This is a free-for-all battleground where far too often T3-level pre-made duos compete against 2 random players in half green half blue gear. Putting the numbers to 3v3 will not make the matches last longer or be any more fair.
Torta wrote:
You will now be able to earn marks for winning and losing Blood Ring matches, being rewarded with 3 and 1 marks respectively. These marks can be turned in for extra reputation or converted to Marks of Blood for the following:
  • Plans: Bloody Belt Buckle which creates a buckle can be attached to your belt to reduce the chance to get critically struck by 1%.
  • Plans: Ornate Bloodstone Blade, a dagger for spellcasters that has a chance to proc extra fire damage on damaging spellcast at the cost of your own health.
  • Formula: Enchant Gloves - Major Strength, granting 9 Strength to your gloves.
  • Recipe: Gurubashi Gumbo, a delight for the seasoned gladiator that grants 10 Stamina and reduces the chance to get critically struck by 1% if eaten for atleast 10 seconds.
Very cool idea and I'm personally fine with it because I happen to enjoy a few matches of Blood Ring here and there. But conceptionally this is something completely new - profession recipes from PvP. If you want all the recipes you are now forced into playing PvP, when before this has never been the case. I can see this rubbing people the wrong way, it feels a bit iffy even to me, especially considering the rewards are not PvP-specific.
Torta wrote:
Every new player will now be joined to the World channel upon their first login.
World chat is at times already virtually unusable for players looking for groups (especially 10 people content since it isn't supported by LFT) or trying to find crafters or customers. I fear with this change it will devolve into something even less usable, flooded by out-of-character topics and newbie questions, similar to the Newcomers guild chat. Let's give it a shot, but I don't have high hopes here.

Nokidding

Post by Nokidding » Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:58 pm

The amount of work you guys put into turtle wow is just insane, I love it <3.

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:45 pm

Bloodphobos wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 6:35 pm
Torta wrote:
  • Flourish now has a 40 second cooldown to avoid cases where the Rogue would become avoidance capped.
    Developer Note: Rogue tanking, while a cool and unique concept, has one major flaw. With avoidance based tanks, you either die instantly or do not require any healing at all. It leads to some encounters being trivialised, such as Patchwerk. It has also been brought to our attention that some crafty rogues use flourish to farm some end game bosses alone or in a much smaller group than intended. For that reason, we decided to put a cd on Flourish, to make reaching avoidance cap much harder. Expect more changes for rogue tanking, and rogue class as a whole in the next round of spell changes.
Torta can you or someone from developers explain your motivation for this way of change? You explain that you don't like existing rogue tanking meta: " With avoidance based tanks, you either die instantly or do not require any healing at all." and to fix it you just prevent the possibility of tank bosses in raids as a rogue... I want to note that rogue as a class has low HP by default and does not have any damage reduction talents, so even with good gear it is not possible to survive under raid boss crit hits. Existing glass tanking is viable only due to having permanent avoidance for such oneshot hits... And now with this change you give any raid boss possibility to one shot rogue tank... With this insta death noone guild/raid leader will never allow rogue to tank something in raids... Why don't you just wrote "We don't want to see rogue tanking be viable in raids" that would be at least clear and honest.

Lahire

Post by Lahire » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:20 pm

Avoidance tanking is a bad play pattern really. It breaks the trinity as healers' gameplay is desactivated by this cmkind of tanking.

Eightysixed

Post by Eightysixed » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:30 pm

I wonder if those are the only two new class/race combos. I'm hoping for a horde paladin

Geojak
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Geojak » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:19 pm

Wow rly good patch. Big hype to go out and explore once more.

IF there is one thing I don't like, then it's, the, shaman, totem change no gcd.
Give unreasonable power to macroers.

Yeye clickers suck at gaming, but the gcd mechanic made sure that slower or less maco Davy peole coild still reasonable perform.

I don't like it thaz now you basically have to make special totem combo macros or be very smart snout your keybjnd to slam them down.

I don't see what problem this change fixes.
Yes shaman gameplay is boring as f and needs help. But you know, spamming Flash and holy light isn't any more intersting than dropping totem then spamm chain heal.

That's, the game and it's OK.

Balake

Post by Balake » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:56 pm

Geojak wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:19 pm
Wow rly good patch. Big hype to go out and explore once more.

IF there is one thing I don't like, then it's, the, shaman, totem change no gcd.
Give unreasonable power to macroers.

Yeye clickers suck at gaming, but the gcd mechanic made sure that slower or less maco Davy peole coild still reasonable perform.

I don't like it thaz now you basically have to make special totem combo macros or be very smart snout your keybjnd to slam them down.

I don't see what problem this change fixes.
Yes shaman gameplay is boring as f and needs help. But you know, spamming Flash and holy light isn't any more intersting than dropping totem then spamm chain heal.

That's, the game and it's OK.
Raid unit frames give unreasonable power to addoners over the average player who heals using friendly unit name plates

Mouses give unreasonable power to the ambidextrous over the keyboard turner

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:16 pm

Was really hoping they would bring back jotc in this patch :(
Hope its still in the cards, love vanilla paladin and cant play the class without it scared_turtle
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.

Noce

Post by Noce » Sun Jul 30, 2023 11:54 pm

"We closely monitor PvP balance in battlegrounds and Blood Ring and expect more balance changes targeted strictly at PvP soon."

i sure hope so bcoz when you realy take a look at some pvp abilities some classes have while others have nthing its rly unbalanced.
hunter with pets, all sort of traps freeze (why not make it to just root u in ice so u only cant move?), frost, entrampment, scatter shot, con.shoot
paladin with bubble (why not make it to be just lik priests pw:s or with some kind of penalty when used?), repent, stun and being all round great at dmg and healing
druids generaly pain to kill with alot of utility
priests - shadow priests to be exact are realy menace with blacout and long range instant dots (make them low range like shaman shocks and not instant casts)

im looking trough the shaman perspective. i saw that totems r getting some kind of one click all drop but thats just one small change. all above classes have alot in their arsenal. consider giving shaman few changes or nerf other classes. shamans do need either dual weild, cleanse, maelstrom, totem of wrath (and all other totems from later exp tbc-wotlk), earthliving, earthbind->earthgrab totem (just as hunters frezze trap), wind shear (seperate of shocks), hex (or any kind of stun), talent changes, etc. there are alot of changes that are at disposal for shamans.