2023 — January 3

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

2023 — January 3

Post by Torta » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:09 pm

• Fixed Murgot Deepforge aggroing nearby players.
  • Fixed Triage quest script.
  • Fixed some new quests not giving money reward on level 60.
  • Corrected reputation rewards for Chasing Sand quest.
  • Grammar overhaul for ~40 quests.
  • Pets now will be aggroed at same distance as owner.
  • Fixed new Theramore quests reputation rewards.
  • Fixed reputation reward for A Heart of Stone.
  • Tel'Abim Sand will be stackable.
  • Lowered dmg values for Enraged Feral Scar.
  • New AQ20 door logic: should not stay closed due to bug.
  • Another attempt to fix left-over Ostarius summons.
  • Wattapo's Bulwark should be a shield.
  • Fixed Disgusting Oozeling not reacting to Dark Iron Mug.
  • Fixed Tel'Abim tameable creatures beast families.
  • Fixed item rewards for The Terrible Krampus.
  • Added correct item rewards for Lofty Heights.
  • Bonepaw Hyena and Burning Blade Felsworn will not aggro together.
  • Whirlwind Shredder and Bonepaw Hyena will not aggro together.
  • Fixed pathing issues for Twilight Prophet patrol in Silithus.
  • Made Stolen Elwynn Pumpkin usable only when player is on a quest.
  • Made Locked Crypt Door usable only when player is on a quest.
  • Disallowing overspending of previous exploit for hunter pets with too many talent points.
  • Yet another attempt to fix hunter's pet being bugged after teleport.
  • New script for Rajaxx and Andorov in AQ20.
PvP-related:
  • Added reputation multipliers for battlegrounds: values will be published later.
  • Added honor multipliers for battlegrounds: values will be published later.
  • Removed snowball player-knockback for player-casters to prevent griefing.
Client:
  • New builds 7060 & 7065 (FoV) now both contain 4GB Patch also known as Large Address Aware patch, by default. It will help with the recently introduced memory-related crashes.
Please be informed that with the upcoming update all your custom patches will be automatically deleted. If you're using any unsupported modifications (such as HD patch or WOD Music patch), make sure to save them in a different folder before you login in game. You can use then again, once your client is updated.

Eightysixed

Re: 2023 — January 3

Post by Eightysixed » Mon Jan 02, 2023 7:48 pm

This is exciting! Thank you @Torta!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:55 pm

Elwynn Forest custom quests got rewrites to fix some egregious grammar / language weirdness. Some Goblin starting zone got rewritten, too. Looking forward to seeing everything indistinguishable in quality from Blizzard standards.

Safyre

Post by Safyre » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:47 pm

I'm unsure why but my client cannot process this update. It downloaded it but when I try to restart and patch, it errors out and says look at the logs. I don't think the log has been updated. It says I should have MPQ3 or something and I have it but still will not run or update. I've tried running as Admin and even reverted my WDB folder back to being able to save files into.

I've tried looking for the client to download and manually patch but I could not find the new one.

Please help. :)

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:54 pm

Safyre wrote:
Mon Jan 02, 2023 10:47 pm
I'm unsure why but my client cannot process this update. It downloaded it but when I try to restart and patch, it errors out and says look at the logs. I don't think the log has been updated. It says I should have MPQ3 or something and I have it but still will not run or update. I've tried running as Admin and even reverted my WDB folder back to being able to save files into.

I've tried looking for the client to download and manually patch but I could not find the new one.

Please help. :)
It's possible that your client is already updated. Please start the game and see what's written in your left lower corner. The correct build number will be 7060 or 7065.

Please move your client out of protected Windows folders such as Program Files, Downloads, Documents, etc. The best place for the game is C:/Games. After that make sure that your WoW.exe is still named WoW.exe and not something else. Run the updater again by connecting to our server!

Safyre

Post by Safyre » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:10 am

My build number is 7050. My install is on another drive which I checked the security and it is good. I checked the security on the twow folder and it is good. I checked my firewall and had to add the twow launcher and I added the wow.exe as well.

The first time I launched twow it said it downloaded the update and now wants to install it by restarting. I click restart and log in again and then it goes to the patcher window. It hangs for a bit and says it failed and to check the twow log.

I had this same problem with the holiday patch and had to download the new client. I am unsure why it will not update. I guess this should be moved to support.

Thanks!

Guzzles

Post by Guzzles » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:21 am

Hello,

The patcher launches for me, says "installing" then closes out. When I reopen WoW after that, the build stays at 7050.

I have repeated this process of logging in, restarting, patcher launches and does nothing, then relaunching.

Avie

Post by Avie » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:24 am

Guzzles wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:21 am
Hello,

The patcher launches for me, says "installing" then closes out. When I reopen WoW after that, the build stays at 7050.

I have repeated this process of logging in, restarting, patcher launches and does nothing, then relaunching.
Same. Each time there is an update I end up having to re-DL / re-Instal :(

Safyre

Post by Safyre » Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:27 am

I got it to update finally.
What I did was delete my old install of the 7050 build and re-installed it. Then ran the game again. It worked. I'm glad I didn't delete the 7050 client build that I downloaded for my previous problem.

Reeeejones

Post by Reeeejones » Tue Jan 03, 2023 2:02 am

Im just about to do triage. turtle wow epick

Atuner

Post by Atuner » Tue Jan 03, 2023 3:28 am

I did it. After updating with a patch, the game needs to be launched with the WoWFoV file, it will already have the correct version

Safyre

Post by Safyre » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:16 am

New old problem. Previously I'd encounter a bug that stopped me from zoning through portals. I fixed this by logging out and deleting the files in my WDB folder. Then I made my WDB folder read only and changed security so no nothing could write in the folder and fixed this issue.

This issue is back and my previous fix of changing the security and read only status of WDB isn't working. What does work is if I log out and back in. But I go through portals more than I realized.. especially the portal to the gnomish tram. So I'm constantly logging out and back in again.

Fin

Post by Fin » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:21 am

Avie wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:24 am
Guzzles wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 12:21 am
Hello,

Same. Each time there is an update I end up having to re-DL / re-Instal :(
Move the game out of folders like program files, download, desktop
Example to something like C:\Turtle WoW.
Disable the antivirus
Try to start as administrator wow.exe
Try to run the patcher directly as administrator

If the issuer persists, please Dm me screenshots of your data folder and your wow folder
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097

Vaelen007

Post by Vaelen007 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:58 pm

Disallowing overspending of previous exploit for hunter pets with too many talent points.
This was a bad move in my opinion. In fact every hunter should be able to train up all the support skills on their pet. Why give us avoidance and not allow that?

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:06 pm

Because 200 allres pets are extremely annoying for casters to deal with.

It also makes pets with multiple actives better than the rest (e.g. dive/sprint pets)

Vaelen007

Post by Vaelen007 » Tue Jan 03, 2023 5:21 pm

It also makes pets with multiple actives better than the rest (e.g. dive/sprint pets)
You can only have 4 actives regardless.

I somewhat agree with the resistance thing, but a caster thinking they can beat a hunter anyway? Moot imo.