Stormwind harbour ghost town

Redmoon

Stormwind harbour ghost town

Post by Redmoon » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:14 pm

Hello, can some NPCs be added to storm wind harbor, no where near cats levels ofc, to make the city harbor less barren ?

Geojak
Has liked: 34 times

Re: Stormwind harbour ghost town

Post by Geojak » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:10 pm

And some quests, vendors, fluff stuff. Area is huge and super unused

Merikkinon

Post by Merikkinon » Thu Jan 27, 2022 10:54 pm

It's just a huge area to practice your toon's running/riding.

Aeliren

Post by Aeliren » Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:10 am

I've thought of three things that could help liven up the harbor a bit:
  • A quest that introduces you to the harbor by making you deliver a package to Auberdine. Helps settle in to the fact that it exists and get used to it instead of Menethil Harbor.
  • Turn the harbor into a Hawk's Vigil-type questing hub. Could have a whole storyline of smuggling, Defias activity, corruption on the docks, maybe some stuff that involves the Stormwind Sewers (where do you think the Canals empty out to?). The harbor is big enough to have quests spanning the area all the way to the lighthouse. Could have plot hooks for South Seas content, the island of Balor, hooks to Kul Tiras proper, Crestfall, Tol Barad or Zul'Dare and the Channel Islands.
  • Obviously, adding some basic NPCs would help a lot making it feel like an active capital city harbor. Could add dockside merchants (since it's the harbor it could have merchants from all sort of places), military and/or civilian personnel working on the ships and the siege tanks, more dockworkers, and maybe just people wandering around or looking to charter a ship some place.
Characters:
Coilspring - 60 gnome hunter
Megwynn - 60 human rogue

Suggestions:
Pyrewood Village Suggestions
Hunter Epic Ammo Pouch Suggestion

Mirauge

Post by Mirauge » Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:39 pm

I found myself sitting for about an hour waiting in the wetlands for the boat to arrive. I got frustrated and finally asked in chat to find it had been moved. My next day on the server I helped another player suffering the same fate I had.

Some sort of introduction to the harbor would be a great idea.
†NightSword†
Level 38 Paladin

Redmoon

Post by Redmoon » Fri Jan 28, 2022 6:24 pm

Yeah a introductory quest/ quest line to introduce the changed route would be incredibly appreciated

Exerty

Post by Exerty » Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:39 am

Aeliren wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:10 am
I've thought of three things that could help liven up the harbor a bit:
  • A quest that introduces you to the harbor by making you deliver a package to Auberdine. Helps settle in to the fact that it exists and get used to it instead of Menethil Harbor.
  • Turn the harbor into a Hawk's Vigil-type questing hub. Could have a whole storyline of smuggling, Defias activity, corruption on the docks, maybe some stuff that involves the Stormwind Sewers (where do you think the Canals empty out to?). The harbor is big enough to have quests spanning the area all the way to the lighthouse. Could have plot hooks for South Seas content, the island of Balor, hooks to Kul Tiras proper, Crestfall, Tol Barad or Zul'Dare and the Channel Islands.
  • Obviously, adding some basic NPCs would help a lot making it feel like an active capital city harbor. Could add dockside merchants (since it's the harbor it could have merchants from all sort of places), military and/or civilian personnel working on the ships and the siege tanks, more dockworkers, and maybe just people wandering around or looking to charter a ship some place.
Seems like a good idea yeah. The place as is really needs somthing like this.

Mac

Post by Mac » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:23 am

Mirauge wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:39 pm
I found myself sitting for about an hour waiting in the wetlands for the boat to arrive. I got frustrated and finally asked in chat to find it had been moved. My next day on the server I helped another player suffering the same fate I had.

You're definitely not alone, I've seen a lot of players ask about it. It probably doesn't help that Don Pompa is still there on the dock in Menethil Harbor and tells players that the boat still comes. I see they added "The Impostor" as his subname but it'd probably be better to just remove the NPC entirely and replace him with an NPC that sends you on a quest to Stormwind Harbor.

Kanto123

Post by Kanto123 » Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:33 am

Mac wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:23 am
Mirauge wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:39 pm

You're definitely not alone, I've seen a lot of players ask about it. It probably doesn't help that Don Pompa is still there on the dock in Menethil Harbor and tells players that the boat still comes. I see they added "The Impostor" as his subname but it'd probably be better to just remove the NPC entirely and replace him with an NPC that sends you on a quest to Stormwind Harbor.
I really like your idea of giving him a quest sending players to Stormwind Harbor; that way any players who go to Menethil expecting the old boat will be informed of what to do next. I think this is better than simply deleting the npc because it still won't answer people's question on where the boat is, which may waste a lot of their time

Mac

Post by Mac » Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:41 am

Kanto123 wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 6:33 am
I really like your idea of giving him a quest sending players to Stormwind Harbor; that way any players who go to Menethil expecting the old boat will be informed of what to do next. I think this is better than simply deleting the npc because it still won't answer people's question on where the boat is, which may waste a lot of their time
Thanks but redmoon had the idea first in this thread. And yeah, you wouldn't need to even delete Don Pompa and replace him. Just remove his gossip text, or change it to be actually accurate to the current game. But adding a quest is also good because it makes it really obvious when he has a little exclamation mark over his head that players can't really ignore.

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:26 am

ad a small night elf/high el hub there no? To show that the harbour is a meeting point for stormwind far allies =)

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:08 pm

Volkyte wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:26 am
ad a small night elf/high el hub there no? To show that the harbour is a meeting point for stormwind far allies =)
The Night Elves have the whole Park district dedicated to them and that hub is already criminally underused.

Maybe the High Elves' district can either be shared with the Night Elves or the Harbour can have them? That tiny place within the Dwarven District just isn't big enough.

Aubreykun

Post by Aubreykun » Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:50 am

Allwynd01 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:08 pm
Volkyte wrote:
The Night Elves have the whole Park district dedicated to them and that hub is already criminally underused.

Maybe the High Elves' district can either be shared with the Night Elves or the Harbour can have them? That tiny place within the Dwarven District just isn't big enough.
Alah'thalas IS the high elf district. The fact that it's not technically part of Stormwind (lorewise and geographically) isn't really important, it's pretty much the right size, doesn't have the amenities of a full city - no profession trainers, no forge, minimal vendors - and the main way to access involves going through the mage quarter.

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:01 am

Aubreykun wrote:
Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:50 am
Allwynd01 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:08 pm
Volkyte wrote:

Alah'thalas IS the high elf district. The fact that it's not technically part of Stormwind (lorewise and geographically) isn't really important, it's pretty much the right size, doesn't have the amenities of a full city - no profession trainers, no forge, minimal vendors - and the main way to access involves going through the mage quarter.
It's a kind of pointless place, when I went there due to a quest leading me there, I did not understand why I'm there or I did not get the impression that this is the High Elf District.