Hardcore Rules

Belphegore

Re: Hardcore Rules

Post by Belphegore » Wed May 03, 2023 5:10 pm

Make it 20 popup messages they need click, including one where they have to write 'no_resurrection'....
Even then, the threads will keep coming I bet :)

Ansheyowski

Post by Ansheyowski » Thu May 11, 2023 9:26 am

Dying in bgs also count as hc death?

Rat2156

Post by Rat2156 » Thu May 11, 2023 9:33 am

Belphegore wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 5:10 pm
Make it 20 popup messages they need click, including one where they have to write 'no_resurrection'....
Even then, the threads will keep coming I bet :)
They'll download an addon to auto click every popup and then they'll still complain that it's unfair that their character dies when it dies turtle_tongue

Post by 13667269818 » Thu May 18, 2023 3:23 am

i had reach the level at 60.i can see the hardcore mode in the Comprehensive interface still..
so how can i remove the buff at list.maybe i can paly in the raiding and PvP with no risk of lost my character

Stein

Post by Stein » Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:52 pm

I have a main lvl60 normie, who I stopped playing with, because I burned out. I decided to try out HC challenge, read a lot on leveling strategy, was always very careful and cautious. I was happy leveling and enjoying HC challenge. At last, I can enjoy this server again! Until I got to lvl27 and I got disconnected from the server. I quickly logged back in and see my character dead.

HC characters should be protected from disconnects both client- and server-side. Something like Ascension does, where characters are teleported to a safe zone in case of disconnects. This is not a skill issue, this is not a failed hardcore challenge, this is a gambling with my or server internet provider.

I love this server and appreciate the work that was put in, but HC challenge should be about skill and adventure, not server infrastructure. You killed my motivation to play HC and Turtle Wow, and I am not getting back unless HC challenge will get updated. I will follow the development of the server, but you lost a loyal player for now (and most likely many others, who enjoyed HC and quit, because of strict rules).

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:35 am

Stein wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:52 pm
HC characters should be protected from disconnects both client- and server-side.
Disconnects from client-side can be induced by players 'emselves either via macros or even just by "pulling the plug". So client-side "protection" could be abused very easily.

Stein

Post by Stein » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:12 am

Mavbyte wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:35 am
Stein wrote:
HC characters should be protected from disconnects both client- and server-side.
Disconnects from client-side can be induced by players 'emselves either via macros or even just by "pulling the plug". So client-side "protection" could be abused very easily.
I understand you. Then an approach like Chromie could be employed, where a recording of disconnect must be provided. It would be easier to distinguish abusers + server could cap number of "rescues" per week for example.

I understand that the system can be abused, and that GMs would need to use more time on this, but its unfair for HC players, who are not abusers, to be killed, because of network problems and have no option to be revived.

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:37 am

Stein wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 7:12 am
Mavbyte wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:35 am
Stein wrote:
I understand you. Then an approach like Chromie could be employed, where a recording of disconnect must be provided. It would be easier to distinguish abusers + server could cap number of "rescues" per week for example.

I understand that the system can be abused, and that GMs would need to use more time on this, but its unfair for HC players, who are not abusers, to be killed, because of network problems and have no option to be revived.
Consider how many people we currently have on TWoW and how many of those are hardcore players. If.. lets say.. even the "half" of those players would appeal on their hc-deaths and the TWoW Team had to verify all of those.. they wouldn't have ANY time left for neither bug fixing nor creating new content. That would be a massive work.

I absolutely understand your point. I've played HC myself, though i got through, hit 60 with my Silicia and became Immortal. But I also took every precaution i was able to, to get me through, like: not standing in the middle of mob-areas, pulling only outer mobs, inform myself 'bout quests before i do 'em. (played nhc before hc)

As said: I absolutely understand your point, but as soon as they open the door for one appeal, they can never close it again. So I also understand TWoW point when they say: There's no revive whatsoever.
Afaik they already put some precautions into place if the Server had a crash, like mobs dont aggro during the first 30sec of server restart.

I for one got my NHC-60-char to clear the last known area of my HC-char, before logging back in on my HC.

Stein

Post by Stein » Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:59 pm

I do not know how much time they would have - they have enough time to catch botters and ban chat abusers, so they might also have some time to help HC players.

I do not know, what is the solution and how to help, but some safeguards could be put in place, even if GMs would not be involved - such as server side connection protection. For example in case of client DC, player could press panic buton on Twow website to teleport to safe area in case of DC and he is not in combat (and this could be capped to X times). This would not require a lot of energy put from the staff.

Jolikmc

Post by Jolikmc » Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:19 pm

It baffles me that people want "insurance" for their "all-or-nothing" characters. Is it really so hard to just, you know, take the necessary precautions before attempting to play a Hardcore character?

I realize that accidents happen. Sometimes, the server goes down at an inopportune time. Sometimes, so does your local Internet. Occasionally, you might get a bad pull. Maybe you even managed to get yourself flagged by trying to be a Good Samaritan. Well… those are the risks you take.

Let's say you decide to go mountain climbing in real life. You check your equipment twice, make sure you have someone with you, and all that. Well, let's say that despite everything, you manage to hook onto a loose bit of cliff and end up falling to your death. Did you know that was going to happen for certain? Of course not. Did you figure that it was always a possibility? More than likely. But, you still went ahead and went mountain climbing for whatever reason.
Same thing applies to Hardcore. It's a choice you make. When you make your choice, you need to accept whatever comes with that choice. Otherwise, what's the point? You may as well just play a normal character and do an "honor system" Hardcore run. Sure, you won't get any prizes for hitting Level 60 with 0 deaths, but you can still take a screenshot and brag to your guild about it.

I dunno. Maybe I'm completely wrong, here. It just seems counter-productive to have a "no death" mode, but then have an "redo" in case you die anyway.
Not currently playing. Just skulking and snarking~

Stein

Post by Stein » Fri Jun 23, 2023 9:09 pm

Jolikmc wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:19 pm
It baffles me that people want "insurance" for their "all-or-nothing" characters. Is it really so hard to just, you know, take the necessary precautions before attempting to play a Hardcore character?

I realize that accidents happen. Sometimes, the server goes down at an inopportune time. Sometimes, so does your local Internet. Occasionally, you might get a bad pull. Maybe you even managed to get yourself flagged by trying to be a Good Samaritan. Well… those are the risks you take.

Let's say you decide to go mountain climbing in real life. You check your equipment twice, make sure you have someone with you, and all that. Well, let's say that despite everything, you manage to hook onto a loose bit of cliff and end up falling to your death. Did you know that was going to happen for certain? Of course not. Did you figure that it was always a possibility? More than likely. But, you still went ahead and went mountain climbing for whatever reason.
Same thing applies to Hardcore. It's a choice you make. When you make your choice, you need to accept whatever comes with that choice. Otherwise, what's the point? You may as well just play a normal character and do an "honor system" Hardcore run. Sure, you won't get any prizes for hitting Level 60 with 0 deaths, but you can still take a screenshot and brag to your guild about it.

I dunno. Maybe I'm completely wrong, here. It just seems counter-productive to have a "no death" mode, but then have an "redo" in case you die anyway.
It is up to the server to define what "hardcore" is. The point of hardcore is to challenge your skill, not your hardware capabilities. I understand that some people enjoy relevelling when they die due to DC, but I would guess the server loses a lot of HC characters by not even trying to make the experience more about the skill and less about everything else.

You can be of your opinion, where you just say "death is death" and we do not care about the rest. Or you can be of opinion that hardcore challenge is a challenge/experience for players to enjoy, and therefore, the point of the server is to make this experience nice for the players without reducing the actual challenge.

Wilsonsds

Post by Wilsonsds » Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:55 pm

The no death idea is good at the start because it goes towards a a harder way to play the game, but it gets tiresome after a awhile, aways grinding green mobs.

I will aways advocate for a normal death rules game with everything 30% harder.
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Lustrazalux (Mage - Frost)
Gondwana (Warlock - Demo)
Esmeralden (Druid - Resto)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)
Almandinite (Pally - Prot)

Krotux

Post by Krotux » Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:27 pm

can you trade and play the game as usual when you reach level 60?

Xeph21

Post by Xeph21 » Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:59 am

Krotux wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 2:27 pm
can you trade and play the game as usual when you reach level 60?
Yes

Bakedrastaxxx

Post by Bakedrastaxxx » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:36 am

please make an hardcore with out all this bullcrap. i want to party with any one and use the aution house.

this is not runescape ironman mode.

just make normal hardcore thank you. the server is awesome. satisfied_turtle

Sonmi451

Post by Sonmi451 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:48 am

Wtf??? Mi personaje "Gillgamesh" murió instantáneamente, sin siquiera estar en combate, haciendo una misión en Tanaris, alguien me puede explicar como y por qué pasó eso???? Tengo las fotos de donde estaba y de que estaba haciendo, y no tiene ningún sentido, alguien que por favor me ayude

Sonmi451

Post by Sonmi451 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:50 am

Wtf!!! Me Hardcore Character just died at Tanaris, doing nothing, wasn't even at combat, IWas doing a mission and got instantly kill by nothing, can someone explain that to me??? Please Help

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Tue Dec 12, 2023 8:00 am

Sonmi451 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:50 am
Wtf!!! Me Hardcore Character just died at Tanaris, doing nothing, wasn't even at combat, IWas doing a mission and got instantly kill by nothing, can someone explain that to me??? Please Help
Your mission was "Videre Elixir"?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:54 pm

Sonmi451 wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:50 am
UNFAIR, HAHAHAHA
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Darkseed

Post by Darkseed » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:28 pm

The same fate befell me.

Darktifa

Post by Darktifa » Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:34 pm

Darkseed wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:28 pm
The same fate befell me.
Drkhc --> unfair!
Last edited by Darktifa on Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Czasku wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:31 pm
After Reading Turtle WoW's forum i understood why Blizzard stopped responding on their own forum topics.

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Sinrek » Sun Jan 07, 2024 11:46 pm

Wilsonsds wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2023 9:55 pm
The no death idea is good at the start because it goes towards a a harder way to play the game, but it gets tiresome after a awhile, aways grinding green mobs.

I will aways advocate for a normal death rules game with everything 30% harder.
So they just need to nerf players for 30% basically. Commendable. You've got it through. That's how it was before beta was launched btw.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:19 pm

Bumping this for easier access
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...