Please sell PvP gear in shop

Eversongwoods

Please sell PvP gear in shop

Post by Eversongwoods » Wed May 29, 2024 11:05 pm

I don't see why anyone would have a problem with selling pvp gear in the shop if it can't be equipped in dungeons or raids. Warmane has a ton of people just buying gear to be on a leveling playing field for pvp, i have two bis toons there myself i can always go back to. I think this would bring in money and pvp players while not effecting any raid progress. Gatekeeping pvp through raiding makes no sense and it will only get worse with the tier 3.5 in the future.

Gingerale01
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Please sell PvP gear in shop

Post by Gingerale01 » Wed May 29, 2024 11:10 pm

they should just make worthwhile pvp rewards instead

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Wed May 29, 2024 11:49 pm

No thanks, let's not make this sever pay to win garbage like Icecrown

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Thu May 30, 2024 12:51 am

How is it P2W if you can't use the gear in dungeons or raids? I know there are mmorpgs like guild wars 2 where you just pick your pvp gear. I think people on the server would rather pvp be near dead as long as they are at a gear advantage over people.

Jstansberry

Post by Jstansberry » Thu May 30, 2024 1:38 am

Eversongwoods wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 12:51 am
How is it P2W if you can't use the gear in dungeons or raids? I know there are mmorpgs like guild wars 2 where you just pick your pvp gear. I think people on the server would rather pvp be near dead as long as they are at a gear advantage over people.
I think there is some cognitive dissonance going on here - why would being able to buy gear with real money and use it in PvP not be pay-to-win? That is literally as pay-to-win as it gets. This change would not at all solve the issue of gear difference on a progressed server being huge - it would just make the issue worse as donators would also become part of the problem.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Thu May 30, 2024 3:34 am

If you sold gear that you could raid with then that would be paying to win because you could skip content by buying gear. You aren't skipping any content by buying pvp gear that you cant raid with. Please someone explain what you would be winning? It is impossible for people who dont raid to pvp, why cutoff a huge playerbase from the game.

Toaomb

Post by Toaomb » Thu May 30, 2024 4:36 am

Bro this is actually, genuinely insane that someone would even float this idea.

The idea of PVP is to fight against other players and slowly rank up to get better and better gear over time, with Turtle WoW even including new gear that you can fight for from Blood Ring. Even if you don't start with fantastic gear, your good team composition and a good leader can lead to a victory in an otherwise very very tough fight. It takes time, it takes coordination with teams, it takes consumables etc. It is genuinely hard much of the time and a fantastic part of the game.

To just pay for the gear would make the server no different than other pay to win dogwater servers. Please, please god do not suggest this kind of crap for an otherwise fantastic game. If you want this kind of stuff, go play on the servers that have it. This isn't meant to insult you, it is just to point to the aspects of the game that would be lost by adding this suggestion and point to the fact that plenty of other servers (that we don't like and don't play on) already have these systems that ruin the game and you can play on those servers to get that experience.

Charanko
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Charanko » Thu May 30, 2024 5:07 am

What is this insanity? I think ur playing the wrong game mate
Orky
Overlord of Orgrimmar ; Sulfuron Champion

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Thu May 30, 2024 5:24 am

Low effort bait, but hey, people are engaging with it, so I guess it worked.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Thu May 30, 2024 6:18 am

You couldn't even get a full AV going when the server had twice the population. Maybe if they didnt shut 80% of the players out of being able to pvp things would be different. PvP shouldn't just be a side activity for raiders, you are severely limiting the playerbase and no i am not trolling.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Thu May 30, 2024 6:47 am

If you just let people to buy good gear, what will be their reason to play?

I mean, people spend time in raids because they don't have desired gear yet.
Once they get all their gear, then only community can keep them playing.
There will be no gameplay reason to continue playing.

Exagerated example are lvl 19 twinks. Once player fully equip his character, he stop joining bg.
People play only while they don't get enough warsong reputation. You need honored for BiS neck.
Once you get it, character gets "finished" and abandoned.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Thu May 30, 2024 7:26 am

It's all about the journey not the destination, especially on TWoW, alot of people quit after getting Bis or reroll, imo half of the fun was gearing my toon up and trying to win undergeared vs T3 players, now I'm BIS I actually have less fun lmao

Sinrek
Has liked: 11 times

Post by Sinrek » Thu May 30, 2024 11:29 am

I believe lock for this topic is required due to being a direct and absolutely shameless breaking of the rules already existing.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Thu May 30, 2024 1:08 pm

Vanilla wow is the only time that you couldn't get competitive pvp gear through pvp. Blizzard fixed the problem in tbc but these forever vanilla servers for whatever reason just leave it as is and it is why there is no pvp. Naxx geared players are basically 20 levels above everyone else. The ranking system is only for people with no job or lives so its not realistic. Raid bros of course will try to shutdown anything that would create fair pvp.

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Thu May 30, 2024 1:29 pm

People here start fuming right when donation shop ideas show on the horizon.
Kiddos think their 10 bucks for mailbox bot once per 2 years are enough for server running

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Thu May 30, 2024 2:24 pm

TBC Honor system blended with vanilla. Keep ranking rewards, but give supplementary stuff for honor, earned slower than in actual PvP. Game fixed, no need to thank me.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Zulnam
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Zulnam » Thu May 30, 2024 2:48 pm

Not gonna lie, i'd buy those sets.

Hell, most of them I only want for cosmetic purposes anyway. If they had the proper stats on them, even better.

Not sure how much i'd win against players in T2/2.5 droning on about "pvp purity" but knowing my purchase spites them would make it all more worthwhile. meta-pvp.

Jstansberry

Post by Jstansberry » Thu May 30, 2024 7:03 pm

Ataika wrote:
Thu May 30, 2024 1:29 pm
People here start fuming right when donation shop ideas show on the horizon.
Kiddos think their 10 bucks for mailbox bot once per 2 years are enough for server running
I think you are overestimating how much rent costs for server hosting - I'd bet 1000g that Turtle has consistently and comfortably stayed in the black for years.

Geojak
Has liked: 28 times

Post by Geojak » Thu May 30, 2024 8:05 pm

scared_turtle I would like to order one R14 pls.

Itorch100
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Itorch100 » Thu May 30, 2024 10:20 pm

Man, what a great idea! It would be so cool if with just one swift swipe of my card I can get full PvP gear. And best part is, it's definitely not pay to win! I mean, you can only win on dps meters, since vanilla doesn't have damage charts in BG, how else would you win?? Checkmate

While we're on the topic, add instant 60 boost. I mean, you can't win on damage boards without the gear, right?

Also, how come wow token isn't added yet? I have my trusty card ready and I'd buy 10 in an instant! You can't throw gold at the boss to do more damage, so you literally can't "pay" to win.

Draconys

Post by Draconys » Thu May 30, 2024 11:43 pm

azamous is this u???

Draconys

Post by Draconys » Thu May 30, 2024 11:43 pm

you'd pay for it, wudnt u u shxtter

Fizzler
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Fizzler » Fri May 31, 2024 12:59 am

i would def buy if it was on a freshly made server
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Fri May 31, 2024 2:20 am

We do not plan to add paid-progression.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!