Herbalist's New Gloves

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Herbalist's New Gloves

Post by Zvyrhol » Sat May 04, 2024 7:50 pm

Herbalist's Gloves is the only item in Turtle WoW that increases Herbalism skill by +5. The problem is type of Gloves which is Leather. That means classes that only can wear Cloth type of armor are not able to equip this item. In Vanilla this item was restricted to Alliance (only one vendor sells the recipe) because Horde had Taurens with +15 Herbalism skill. So in original Vanilla the Horde was not able to get these Gloves. This has changed in Turtle WoW because we have cross-faction AH meaning that these gloves can be easily acquired by everyone even already skilled Taurens.

I suggest adding new cloth gloves that give bonus herbalism or changing current Gloves to cloth so every class can equip them. Herbalism skill is important because even if you have 300 Herbalism, you can fail gathering Black Lotus which costs 40g by the way. Herbalism skill is essential if you are competing against other herbalists in AV. In my opinion being Tauren shouldn't determine if you have 100% chance to gather Black Lotus. Non-Tauren-Clothie can have maximum 305 Herbalism skill which doesn't guarantee successful harvest of BL.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Xerilin

Re: Herbalist's New Gloves

Post by Xerilin » Sun May 05, 2024 8:05 am

You could sell the gloves or the recipe on the neutral goblin AH, even withoutout xfaction. I do see that some classes have an advantage here, but this is vanilla+ and I feel that part of that is that not every class or race can do everything equally well. And that is fine.

Qorvulth

Post by Qorvulth » Tue May 07, 2024 7:15 am

better yet , just have an enchantment that provide the same amount ... make herbalist glove unable to be enchanted ... there solved.

Bogyone

Post by Bogyone » Tue May 07, 2024 8:28 am

Qorvulth wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:15 am
better yet , just have an enchantment that provide the same amount ... make herbalist glove unable to be enchanted ... there solved.
That's good start to remove any stats from each item and replace by enchants if desired. ;)
How about changing it to the Cloth item instead?

Natuaduck

Post by Natuaduck » Tue May 07, 2024 7:03 pm

Real talk, what does +15 Herb or +5 Herb actually "DO"? Does that determine the loot table or % chance of getting more herbs?

Qorvulth

Post by Qorvulth » Wed May 08, 2024 1:52 am

at the moment it just make it easier to pluck higher end without a failure pop up.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Sun May 12, 2024 8:44 pm

Natuaduck wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:03 pm
Real talk, what does +15 Herb or +5 Herb actually "DO"? Does that determine the loot table or % chance of getting more herbs?
You may fail Black Lotus picking. It's essential when you compete on maps like AV. Herbalism skill is also very useful when leveling Herbalism skill. You are able to gather high level herbs on lower skill level without grinding lower herbs which saves a lot of time for example if you play Tauren.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Wed May 15, 2024 10:29 am

This buff will be equally available for you and for node campers.
Now if two players compete for single blotus, first one who get to herb can fail. It means that second can get it if start gathering too.
If every herb gatherer will gather blotus with 100% chance, then first player who get to herb will gather loot. If you will be second, then there will be no hope for you at all.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Wed May 15, 2024 11:08 am

The itemization guy will put herb gloves in when they figure out how to profit off of them. Its not like the Fey Dreamcatcher trinket where you can buy em all for months and then buff it to the moon, i mean for a lvl 27 trinket with those stats it should be a legendary now.