Yearly City-Based WPvP Event

Treezus

Yearly City-Based WPvP Event

Post by Treezus » Thu May 02, 2024 8:24 pm

There should be a 24-hour event, which I'm calling Purge Day tentatively for lack of a better term, where all the guards in every major city disappear and you become flagged when inside a city. You can say they're all off fighting a major battle and now the players themselves have to defend their cities for just that one day.

This would effectively create a day where worldwide city-based WPvP can happen. You would see rogues and druids in every corner, people barricading themselves into the AH and banks, world leaders getting raided more frequently, raids bashing against raids, etc.

This should be warned well ahead of time so HC players can log out, since the cities are basically the only safe place for them. This also gives time for attack and defence groups to form, including creating interesting RP situations for people based around their faction. For example, an RP group that's based around the Scarlet Crusade would see this as their opportunity to go siege Undercity.

The downside is that you may have to disable DKs during this time too. So many civilian NPCs will end up getting caught in the AOE that it would act as a discouraging factor.

Springboards

Re: Yearly City-Based WPvP Event

Post by Springboards » Thu May 02, 2024 10:49 pm

Just add a loot table to city leaders. Problem solved. It was supposed to be put in back in december?

Papire

Post by Papire » Fri May 03, 2024 3:00 am

Treezus wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 8:24 pm
There should be a 24-hour event, which I'm calling Purge Day tentatively for lack of a better term, where all the guards in every major city disappear and you become flagged when inside a city. You can say they're all off fighting a major battle and now the players themselves have to defend their cities for just that one day.

This would effectively create a day where worldwide city-based WPvP can happen. You would see rogues and druids in every corner, people barricading themselves into the AH and banks, world leaders getting raided more frequently, raids bashing against raids, etc.

This should be warned well ahead of time so HC players can log out, since the cities are basically the only safe place for them. This also gives time for attack and defence groups to form, including creating interesting RP situations for people based around their faction. For example, an RP group that's based around the Scarlet Crusade would see this as their opportunity to go siege Undercity.

The downside is that you may have to disable DKs during this time too. So many civilian NPCs will end up getting caught in the AOE that it would act as a discouraging factor.
Lame. There is a pvp server already for things like that and if you doesn't log there population will never grow, also Nordanaar players are not interested in such events :)

Xudo
Has liked: 45 times

Post by Xudo » Fri May 03, 2024 6:50 am

There are also bluewalling. It is situation when alliance player stay unflagged in their capital, while whole horde is flagged. So alliance could just choose best time to attack and horde can do nothing against it.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 12 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Fri May 03, 2024 7:52 pm

Treezus wrote:
Thu May 02, 2024 8:24 pm
DKs have been disabled to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong). You don't need Turtle team to intervene here. That means the community can organise siege of Stormwind for example just for fun in any time. You have free hand to do it, nothing stops you from organizing it. You actually hyped me to organise it myself though currently I have a break from WoW. I like the idea, I hope someone organize such event.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041