Let's get spicy with builds

Bigsmerf

Let's get spicy with builds

Post by Bigsmerf » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:29 pm

You heard me.

I've made this lil thread in hopes of figuring out the most wacky and unrealistic ways to build a character. Ranged warrior, bear DPS, melee lock, throwing rogue, a holy/shadow weaving priest DPS, a pokemon trainer hunter where only the pet fights, literally any class but you put equal points into all 3 specs and see how that ends up. Whatever the fuck you can think of, just throw it in here.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Hrakysu

Re: Let's get spicy with builds

Post by Hrakysu » Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:44 pm

Trying to make it work, but weapon procs that scale with sp, sp rogue :D
Another that's interesting is mara dagger with on hit (+2 fire per hit, etc)

Imonobor
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Imonobor » Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:48 pm

Hrakysu wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 2:44 pm
Trying to make it work, but weapon procs that scale with sp, sp rogue :D
Another that's interesting is mara dagger with on hit (+2 fire per hit, etc)
I'm doing the mara dagger build on my shammy, it's pretty awesome to have almost infinite mana. The damage is nothing exceptional though, even with quite a few on-hit effects. Cat druids pull off better DPS with that build due to their faster attack speed.

Here is my shammy build:

I also want to try to build a 2H Pala threat tank, using some of these 2-handers with tank stats like armor and defense. (Guardian Blade, Deanship Claymore, Archaic Defender, Crusader's Redemption, Relentless Scythe, Unyielding Maul, Enchanted Battlehammer, Monstrous Glaive, etc...)
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Nurincarinun

Post by Nurincarinun » Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:14 pm

Being aware that telling this might mean it is soon no longer possible if it is considered unintentional: I went nuts and made a Red Dragonscale set for one of my hunters and found out that the proc from the set bonus procs off Mend Pet, iirc per tick.

I use my t0,5 pieces in the other slots for some pet stat boni and 4/8 set bonus with the mana regen proc, my Hurricane (and if necessary, to avoid the frost dmg proc, an Eagle Horn Longbow) in synergy with it to maximize the mana proc abundance (while not touching PCB, as it's a gun, with my troll). For the same reason I also put on all possible haste enchants except boots for walking speed since Mend Pet has such a short range.

Otherwise I orient towards keeping hitcap since a missed shot would be a lost opportunity for a mana regen proc. Sadly, +heal gear will only increase total healing by Mend Pet with its amount (iirc, divided by 6?), not per tick, so it doesn't feel as if it has much impact.

Talent-wise I just went BM and focused on pet stat increases wherever possible, took improved AotF for more haste for the mana procs, improved concussive shot as a gear-independent ability to support the pet, efficiency to save mana, and whatever.

Originally, as also investigated in some posts of mine in the hunter forum, I wanted to play a haste oriented hunter; and this is my most recent experiment.

Manletow
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Manletow » Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:31 am

Sorry its not a true "meme" as the points are not truly evenly spread -- but this version is vastly more effective.

This "Generalist" PVP Shaman build is perfectly viable.
Quite tanky
Decent Ranged Damage (mostly from Shocks)
Decent Melee Damage (you will be getting lots of quick 1hander auto attack crits)
Decent Healing (due to reduction in pushback)

The increased range on Totems talent is the main selling point -- as it is extremely useful in PVP (wherein players are constantly running around)

Indeed this build is very amusing to play around with...
I quit using it only because the standard Elemental/Natures Swiftness build is so incredibly powerful.
Paladin is broken in PVP.
Frost Mage is broken in PVP/PVE.
Warrior is awful in PVP.
Feral Druid is mediocre in PVP.
Enhancement Shaman is fine. Stop begging for goofy custom abilities.

Volkyte

Post by Volkyte » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:26 am

my current build level 32 leveling vagrant holy.
pretty efficient. I can even solo elites with it.

https://talents.turtle-wow.org/priest/5-0UUI-U

Jammyzz

Post by Jammyzz » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:40 am

Melee hunter with mara dagger, you spam wing clip which procs the +2 fire dmg pieces on your gear that proc the dagger, you get +30% atk speed from aspect of the wolf, you can use mail and leather so you get alot of thr +2 elemental gear. And then you spec into beast mastery seen as you don't need any MM talents, and pick up improved raptor strike. Your pet deals insane dmg wi beast mastery and because you do so much dmg with dagger procs you don't need talents for yourself really. Bonus if you cxn get windfury for even more dmg.

Imonobor
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Imonobor » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:21 pm

Jammyzz wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:40 am
Melee hunter with mara dagger, you spam wing clip which procs the +2 fire dmg pieces on your gear that proc the dagger, you get +30% atk speed from aspect of the wolf, you can use mail and leather so you get alot of thr +2 elemental gear. And then you spec into beast mastery seen as you don't need any MM talents, and pick up improved raptor strike. Your pet deals insane dmg wi beast mastery and because you do so much dmg with dagger procs you don't need talents for yourself really. Bonus if you cxn get windfury for even more dmg.
That actually sounds super awesome! Really opens up that Rexxar-style melee hunter with pet playstyle. Anyone tried that yet?
I just wish farming that dagger wasn't such a huge pain. There is so much fun to be had with it.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Froghijab420

Post by Froghijab420 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:45 am

Jammyzz what are you using in your offhand for that hunter build?

Goblinlover

Post by Goblinlover » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:26 am

Imonobor wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:21 pm
Jammyzz wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:40 am
That actually sounds super awesome! Really opens up that Rexxar-style melee hunter with pet playstyle. Anyone tried that yet?
I just wish farming that dagger wasn't such a huge pain. There is so much fun to be had with it.
I did and it's a lot of fun! You also have an infinite mana pool because of the constant dagger procs so you won't have to drink ever again! You can make your pet tank and heal him basically forever. Btw the dagger is one thing, but farming the set from hateforge is WAY WORSE

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:17 am

This is something a little different

I enjoy low level dungeons, and theres not enough healers, so what I did was make a level 46 priest, turn exp off, level 46 for the new smite rank.

Then what I did was stack as much spirit as possible, with enchants and finding the best quest rewards, spec into Holy with the +25% spirit to spell power talent.

Then I got two of the Fey Dream catchers, +10 spirit and 5% regen in combat, there's also some other +5% pieces, I've got a total of +30% in combat.

Next I got the DMF buff with +10% spirit and ZG +15% stats buff, also if in group with paladin you get kings for another 10%.

This is around 550 sprit, then when I proc my spirit tap I have 1100 spirit, which is basically around 300 mana regeneration per tick. With my 80% in combat that's 240. Not to forget the conversion of spirit to spell power which is 275 before my spell power gear. I have around 430 spell power in total.

At the end of it you're a healer that had 400+ healing and spell power then never ooms or has to drink and your smites hit for 750 and Crit over 1k at level 46...

All you have to do is snipe the last kill in a dungeon for infinite mana which is easy as your SWP and smite do so much damage and there's no travel time on smite.

I top the dps meters by far and also am the healer lmao.

No idea how it performs at 60 but I love the low level dungeons around 46, gilneas, Zul farrak and uldaman etc.

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:44 pm

Grizb37 wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:17 am
This is something a little different

I enjoy low level dungeons, and theres not enough healers, so what I did was make a level 46 priest, turn exp off, level 46 for the new smite rank.

Then what I did was stack as much spirit as possible, with enchants and finding the best quest rewards, spec into Holy with the +25% spirit to spell power talent.

Then I got two of the Fey Dream catchers, +10 spirit and 5% regen in combat, there's also some other +5% pieces, I've got a total of +30% in combat.

Next I got the DMF buff with +10% spirit and ZG +15% stats buff, also if in group with paladin you get kings for another 10%.

This is around 550 sprit, then when I proc my spirit tap I have 1100 spirit, which is basically around 300 mana regeneration per tick. With my 80% in combat that's 240. Not to forget the conversion of spirit to spell power which is 275 before my spell power gear. I have around 430 spell power in total.

At the end of it you're a healer that had 400+ healing and spell power then never ooms or has to drink and your smites hit for 750 and Crit over 1k at level 46...

All you have to do is snipe the last kill in a dungeon for infinite mana which is easy as your SWP and smite do so much damage and there's no travel time on smite.

I top the dps meters by far and also am the healer lmao.

No idea how it performs at 60 but I love the low level dungeons around 46, gilneas, Zul farrak and uldaman etc.
We did it guys.

We found the ultimate smite priest.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...