For new resto shamans who approach level 60

Akos1896

For new resto shamans who approach level 60

Post by Akos1896 » Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:57 am

Hey!

This article is for new resto shamans. I wanna list some tips for you which either helped me during the early phases of raids or I regretted not doing them earlier.
The goal is to make the initial raiding experience as a resto shaman smoother.

So you're either approaching level 60 or are a fresh level 60. Here are my tips.

BoP gears:
* Spam BM for Totem of the calming river. It will give you a base mana regen boost which is a blessing at the early stages of raiding. Alternatively you can spam Scholo10 for totem of sustaining. Lesser healing wave is not our most used heal but this relic still helps a lot. If you farm it via a 10man raid, you make your life easier. Also, good for AD rep runs. All in all, BM relic is better for you.
* Spam Kara5 for 5% mana regen items to make your mana management at early raids better. It's mostly for the initial raiding stage, I replaced these items rather soon but for the first 1-2 months of raiding, they are a huge help. Also, I kept them as a set for really long boss fights to have mana.
Notable items:
-> Memento of the lost - Extremely good neck item but should later be replaced via Jindo's evil eye or amulet of the shifting sands. Lady Maye's pendant might be somewhat better but not worth the price. Will go in detail a bit later.
-> Loop of the forgotten - Very good mana regen ring. I'd only consider getting rid of it when you have two high +healing purple rings.
-> Remains of the lost - It's so rare that I don't recommend farming it just to have an advantage at early raids. Even if it's on AH, it is so expensive that that gold is better spent elsewhere. More about this later.
-> Shroud of haunted torment - I think it is a preBIS cape for you unless you are willing to pay a lot for hide of the wIld.

BOE gears:
0. Get to Hyjal. You will need the tea and if you're willing to farm, satyr farm opens up some really good options for you (unless you have another char which can farm gold at a very high rate somewhere).
1. If you're willing to farm, get 150 bright dream shards for dreambreeze cowl. Top priority BoE.
2. If you're okay with farming a bit more, get verdant dreamer's breastplate. Top priority BoE.
These two give you an initial boost of 10% normal mana regen while casting while also giving stats and +healing.

From this part I advise useful ones which can be ignored, though.
3. Hide of the wild. Extremely good cape, until BWL you don't find a comparable item. It is lower on my list though because it doesn't help as much with mana management as the first two items and shroud of haunted torment is a very decent replacement in my opinion. Less healing, less stats, more mana regen, added casting speed.
4. Corehound belt, corehound gloves. Huge items but if you buy all these you'll lose the initial fun of raiding because you'll receive half the upgrades you'd otherwise receive. Gloves have a comparable item in AQ20 (gloves of dark wisdom) belts are better for a longer time. If you wanna buy one, buy the belt, it's cheaper anyway.
5. If you wanna overkill, you can go for a dawnstone hammer. But it is extremely expensive. You're probably better of by fishing for jindo's hexxer in ZG + having an offhand.
6. Alchemist's stone: a trinket to consider for the early raids. Improving on your mana pots makes your mana management better. But keep in mind that you get Hakkar's heart relatively soon and the zandalarian hero charm is BIS for you for a long period of time. Same about sliver of hope from Kara10. You might spend a fortune for it just to replace it soon.
7. Lady Maye's pendant - I'm against buying it. It's a nice one but spending a bunch of gold for a BoE which gets replaced in ZG or AQ20 is a bad decision. Kara5 neck is perfect for that part of the raid progression.
8. Remains of the lost is for collectors and some weird arcane mages. If you somehow loot it during a Kara5 run, it's okay. But otherwise, don't spend thousands of gold for this 'upgrade' just to replace it with zandalarian hero charm and sliver of hope.

1 and 2 makes sure that you're way better with mana and give you enough +healing to start spell downgrading. Everything else you get below 1 and 2 further helps with downgrades.
As a general rule I advise people using chain heal rank 2 with a bad gear. If +healing starts to look good, rank 1 can become the default if there is no oh shít situation.

I advise having at least +10% normal mana regen while casting gear on you until you are restricted with T2,5+T2. That plus oranges takes care of most of the mana problems.
Also, once you have the ZG rep for it, make sure that you always have some spirit of zanza. That +50 spirit makes wonders if you have the mana regen items.

Burunduk

Re: For new resto shamans who approach level 60

Post by Burunduk » Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:04 pm

This guide is useless...

My guide.
1.Join guild that raids Naxx
2.Get T3

Grubi450

Post by Grubi450 » Fri May 03, 2024 2:06 pm

Ignore MP5, spirit, and %mana regen gear and stack intellect and +healing, mana regen is a not worth it on shaman

For mana regen farm tea and gold, and buy stacks of major mana potions to endlessly chug

Downranking will solve your mana issues and +healing will give you enough throughtput to use lower rank spells.

Oranges restore percentage of your maximum mana, so as long as you have enough mana to heal the encounter you will regen everything back in 30 seconds

But honestly resto shamans are the most wanted class/spec combination in the game, if you secure a steady income of gold for raid consumables a lot of guilds will gear you up very fast

Tl;dr farm gold and raidlog, no dungeon spam or fun allowed for max efficiency

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Fri May 03, 2024 3:34 pm

What is the best way to farm gold as resto shaman? "level yourself a mage"(tm)?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Grubi450

Post by Grubi450 » Fri May 03, 2024 3:41 pm

If you don't have dual spec and you want to farm gold as a shaman gathering is your best bet, if you want to grind mobs and don't have dual spec you can use the 0/31/20 build and make sure your best warrior gets bloodlust and improved totems

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Fri May 03, 2024 3:46 pm

Is engineering useful for resto shaman or you just can go double gathering?
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Fri May 03, 2024 4:31 pm

Personally it helped me but in a general way, like sappers in raid or being able to have a battle chicken. On paper grenades can help too because we have no wands, no way to keep up casting damage without spending mana but in reality I never minmaxed so much to actually use those.