Economy Update, Part 2

Thoriamuss

Re: Economy Update, Part 2

Post by Thoriamuss » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:04 pm

Quidoba wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:01 am
If I'm reading this change right (dynamic herb spawns), then I'm happy as a peach!!!

I have always enjoyed the work involved in farming my own mats for consumes, independent of the underlying gold/hr efficiency of that farm.

Riding around zones getting (nearly) 0 herbs was an absolutely toxic game loop for me. I've compared it to world buffs in terms of how it takes you away from playing the actual fun parts of the game. I don't care if herb prices crater (I doubt they will drop that far if things are tuned right). I'm just happy that farming herbs will be less soul crushing and reasonably rewarding again.

Thank you so much TWOW developers! You are making at least one player very happy with this change!
I too agree. I have spent countless hours day after day riding around and coming up with 0 herbs or nodes depending on which toon I'm on. 90% of the time I never see another person farming...it's like they're phased shifted or something. I hope this makes a difference. I'd much more prefer to farm my own mats than buy them from the AH.

Arthurusmenks

Post by Arthurusmenks » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:35 am

Well, I suppouse that it is time to just destry those greys from DME and just vendor the Heart of the Wild

Blackbird1973

Post by Blackbird1973 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:34 am

Quest Tel'Abim Banana Transmutations! (https://database.turtle-wow.org/?quest=40740) has been changed as part of this update??? Now the reward is for him - 15 Gargantuan Tel'Abim Banana instead 5. WTF?

Albiak

Post by Albiak » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:04 am

hey guys :) grey items still sell for high amount and all new herb are dopping like crazy!

Blackbird1973

Post by Blackbird1973 » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:30 am

"Zulian Crocolisks now cast Pierce Armor to prevent them from being solo farmed" - dont work

Noephix

Post by Noephix » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:44 pm

Are Tel'abim bananas supposed to be traded 1:1 for gargantuan ones?

Balake

Post by Balake » Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:48 pm

Noephix wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 9:44 pm
Are Tel'abim bananas supposed to be traded 1:1 for gargantuan ones?
Yes
The banana conspiracy is over, you can go home to your family and peacefully eat bananas

Xudo
Has liked: 45 times

Post by Xudo » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am

Xudo wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:18 am
Overnight results of economy change. 12:19 Kalimdor Time. AH scans, because stats doesn't seem to work.
Gromsblood starts from 1g/herb (-15s from previous month, -42s from previous week)
Plaguebloom starts from 1g78s/herb (-75s from previous month, -1g65s from previous week)
Mountain Silversage starts from 1g29s/herb (-74s from previous month, -1g25s from previous week)
Black Lotus starts from 39g/item (almost equal to month-old price, -8g from previous week)

Elixir of the Mongoose starts from 7g77s/item (-1g65s from previous month, -4g81s from previous week)
Greater Arcane Elixir starts from 2g80s/item (-1g9s from previous month, -1g5s from previous week)
Flask of the Titans starts from 98g/item (+3g from previous month, -18g from previous week)

I did a 1 hour lap over Felwood and found 2 nodes of Sungrass, 7 nodes of Golden Sansam, 5 nodes of Arthas Tears, 1 node of gromsblood, 2 nodes of Dreamfoil, 9 nodes of Small Thorium, 3 Truesilver, 1 Rich Thorium.
I didn't see any other people running around for herbs. Some herbs spawned when I visited their position second time, after gathering some Arthas tears.
I assume that all herbs, which flood the market come from DME. Because it is more productive to stealth-run it, than to roam around the felwood.
It also means, that best profession now is good old "level yourself a mage".

I assume this change is successful in terms of market balance. Price will probably drop even more, as long as people flood the market with herbs.

UPD added difference compared to previous week using price from https://www.wowauctions.net/auctionHous ... tans-13510 for period 08 Mar - 14 Mar
Weekly average price 22 Mar - 28 Mar compared to 15 Mar - 21 Mar
Gromsblood 89s (-51s from previous week)
Plaguebloom 1g36s (-1g68s from previous week)
Mountain SIlversage 1g18s (-1g11s from previous week)
Black Lotus 42g60s (-6g17s from previous week)

Elixir of the Mongoose 5g53s(-5g80s from previous week)
Greater Arcane Elixir 2g19s(-1g48s from previous week)
Flask of the Titans 88g63s(-22g66s from previous week)

Best profession in game is a mage!
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:54 pm

Xudo wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:48 am
Best profession in game is a mage!
Aye, it may have greatly devalued the Herbalism profession but, pragmatically, it's been a good solution. Akalix said his objective was to bring down the prices of consumables/herbs and this has been achieved (and still going!).

Cheers for the market update!