New Player who has a few Questions considering pvp!

Rawrzack899

New Player who has a few Questions considering pvp!

Post by Rawrzack899 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 4:48 am

Hello i'm new to Turtle wow and was wondering how healthy the pvp server is here?

I intend to do mostly a mix of pvp/dungeons and raids once I hit max level and from what I understand of the pvp server it's not doing very well and on the verge of being dead

As far as pvp I mostly do Battlegrounds with a few faction bosses thrown in every now and then

Is the pvp server even worth it at this point? Would it be better to just play on the main server?

If so how healthy of a pvp community does the main server have?

Valadorn
Has liked: 10 times

Re: New Player who has a few Questions considering pvp!

Post by Valadorn » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:11 am

Best way to find out is to try it, I wouldnt really listen to the doomsayers.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:25 am

Hello and welcome!

u can take a look by urself. maintenance_turtle happy_turtle_head maintenance_turtle

Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Spacew0lf

Post by Spacew0lf » Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:46 am

Majestik51 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:25 am
Hello and welcome!

u can take a look by urself. maintenance_turtle happy_turtle_head maintenance_turtle

PvP means Player vs Player... Your videos are fun... but there was ZERO Player vs Player action in them... In fact it shows just how dead the server is when no Alliance came to defend against this raid which probably consists of the majority of horde level 60's at the time.

OP I made a character on this server as I want to play on a PvP server, but there was no one around. You're better off going on the main realm and turning warmode on, and letting enemy attack you first, or fighting other people with warmode on... At least you will come across other players.

I'm sorry to say this, I wish it wasn't true.

Nitaya

Post by Nitaya » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:02 am

Check this thread with the active population graph: viewtopic.php?t=13443
PvP server is dead. You should roll on PvE and turn on warmode as explained by the poster above me.

Grizb37

Post by Grizb37 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:35 am

Majestik51 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:25 am
Hello and welcome!

Imagine trying to promote Tel'abim, but you just show how dead and no PvP it has. Lmao fail

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:53 am

Nitaya wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:02 am
PvP server is dead. You should roll on PvE and turn on warmode as explained by the poster above me.
I really wish the players who dont play on Tel'Abim could stop commenting on it. You literally have no clue about the status of the server if you only go by numbers as an indicator of its health. I see you're also the type of player who is afraid of ganking, well then you are better off on the pve server indeed.

The PvE server was a trap for me. I levelled to 60, raided, ranked to 9, then realised there was nothing to do except chill/afk in SW. Zero consequences of roaming the world solo. I stayed pvp flagged but could ofcourse not contest pve-flagged horde for herbs in world. Nothing to do with your fancy gear except hope for nice boss crits in pve. And in SW all I saw were players working on their transmog. Not to mention Alliance were really bad in BGs - the lack of effort and skill in AB and WSG was what eventually led me to quit playing. I'm hearing it now has severe problems with BG afkers and Chinese account sharers.

If that's your cup of tea, then the pve server is for you. Currently on Tel'Abim we are having several 10v10s/20v20s wpvp per week, especially on raid days (sometimes 40v40s when cities are attacked). Endgame is only released up to BWL and many guilds are recruiting, meaning you have a nice chance of catching up on gear. With the upcoming releases of faction leader loot and wpvp tower objectives I think the pvp server is the future.

Just think longterm what kind of activity you want to do when you have the gear you want. Pursue new boss crit highs and make a cool/cute transmog, or engage in tense wpvp battles, raid cities and hold objectives?

Akos1896
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Akos1896 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:40 am

If raiding is a core thing for OP then I disagree. Sure, you can sit in SW with nothing to do, but it happens when you are T3 bis and got bored of the semi-functional BGs.
But getting to T3 BiS is a LOT of playtime.

Spacew0lf

Post by Spacew0lf » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:04 am

Bjorn88 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:53 am
Nitaya wrote:
I really wish the players who dont play on Tel'Abim could stop commenting on it. You literally have no clue about the status of the server if you only go by numbers as an indicator of its health. I see you're also the type of player who is afraid of ganking, well then you are better off on the pve server indeed.

The PvE server was a trap for me. I levelled to 60, raided, ranked to 9, then realised there was nothing to do except chill/afk in SW. Zero consequences of roaming the world solo. I stayed pvp flagged but could ofcourse not contest pve-flagged horde for herbs in world. Nothing to do with your fancy gear except hope for nice boss crits in pve. And in SW all I saw were players working on their transmog. Not to mention Alliance were really bad in BGs - the lack of effort and skill in AB and WSG was what eventually led me to quit playing. I'm hearing it now has severe problems with BG afkers and Chinese account sharers.

If that's your cup of tea, then the pve server is for you. Currently on Tel'Abim we are having several 10v10s/20v20s wpvp per week, especially on raid days (sometimes 40v40s when cities are attacked). Endgame is only released up to BWL and many guilds are recruiting, meaning you have a nice chance of catching up on gear. With the upcoming releases of faction leader loot and wpvp tower objectives I think the pvp server is the future.

Just think longterm what kind of activity you want to do when you have the gear you want. Pursue new boss crit highs and make a cool/cute transmog, or engage in tense wpvp battles, raid cities and hold objectives?
I could see a future for Telabim if they basically eliminate leveling (start at 60), and allow you to get competitive gear and play at 60, and instantly able to roam the world with a decent chance at survival, with towers and other world pvp objectives. Imagine a PvP server that focuses on making PvP accessible and semi balanced from gear perspective, then yea I'd be in for sure even with the low pop. But for leveling, it's unacceptably dead.

Turn TelAbim into a real PvP experience, get rid of the leveling and massive gear grinds to be competitive, keep some end game gearing for some motivation, but not such a gear gap that makes PvP pointless for the new and ungeared. True PvP experience, thoughts?

Nitaya

Post by Nitaya » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:35 am

Spacew0lf wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:04 am
Bjorn88 wrote:
Nitaya wrote:

I could see a future for Telabim if they basically eliminate leveling (start at 60), and allow you to get competitive gear and play at 60, and instantly able to roam the world with a decent chance at survival, with towers and other world pvp objectives. Imagine a PvP server that focuses on making PvP accessible and semi balanced from gear perspective, then yea I'd be in for sure even with the low pop. But for leveling, it's unacceptably dead.

Turn TelAbim into a real PvP experience, get rid of the leveling and massive gear grinds to be competitive, keep some end game gearing for some motivation, but not such a gear gap that makes PvP pointless for the new and ungeared. True PvP experience, thoughts?
There was a private server long time ago (mainly in the Hungarian community) called Tauri battle. It was instant max lvl, with a starting PvP gear and it was all about PvP (Battlegrounds / arena to be specific)
The issue here is not every PvPer wants instant lvl 60 and solely do PvP.

Some want to lvl up, doing instances and during that organically doing PvP.
Some want rated BGs or arenas.
Some want raiding beside PvP.

The idea is that turning the complete world into a PvP experience would be too. hmm, ambitious and the world is too large for that. It should be isolated to a few zones only. Also a clear conception of what would you like to achieve with it.
Objectives sound nice, but remember EPL towers and PvP objects in TBC zones were implemented but nobody cared about those in the end.

Spacew0lf

Post by Spacew0lf » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:50 am

Nitaya wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:35 am
Spacew0lf wrote:
Bjorn88 wrote:

There was a private server long time ago (mainly in the Hungarian community) called Tauri battle. It was instant max lvl, with a starting PvP gear and it was all about PvP (Battlegrounds / arena to be specific)

The idea is that turning the complete world into a PvP experience would be too. hmm, ambitious and the world is too large for that. It should be isolated to a few zones only. Also a clear conception of what would you like to achieve with it.
Objectives sound nice, but remember EPL towers and PvP objects in TBC zones were implemented but nobody cared about those in the end.
Would be entirely open to just one or two zones for now, allowing gear equivalances would be a bonus.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:52 am

pvp is dead in telabim
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Valadorn
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Valadorn » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:01 am

I dont know man, looks like 40 horde killing like 5 alliance

Akos1896
Has liked: 5 times

Post by Akos1896 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:14 am

Nitaya wrote:
Spacew0lf wrote:
Bjorn88 wrote:

Hmm... What about a PVP server which disables PVP for some zones (earlier ones), enabling PVP from around the STV/Tanaris experience? The world is huge but PVPers could all go to the PVP zones (the mixed and high level ones) while the new players could level up in peace up until a certain point?

Nitaya

Post by Nitaya » Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:33 am

Akos1896 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:14 am
Nitaya wrote:
Spacew0lf wrote:

Hmm... What about a PVP server which disables PVP for some zones (earlier ones), enabling PVP from around the STV/Tanaris experience? The world is huge but PVPers could all go to the PVP zones (the mixed and high level ones) while the new players could level up in peace up until a certain point?
Nah, in PvP servers PvP should be enabled as soon as possible. Even outside of the starting zone.
However, some mechanics should be added so that you cannot interact with ppl below X lvl. (Maybe 6)
So as a LvL 50 you cannot attack a guy who is 20 lvl below you. If you are lvl 25, you can be sure that you will fight against a player who can be defeated or at least you can fight back. Also, limit the player numbers. If the (high lvl) player ratio is 60-40%, you can no longer create characters for the dominant faction.

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:17 pm

I've suggested in another post to permanently pvp-flag lvl 60 players everywhere, including cities. That would be a good start. AFAIK most 20+ zones are already contested and there is little need to change anything in that regard. Pvp at lvl 13 is not a necessary feature.

I've been against xp boosting in the past but I am now in favor of warmode (+20-30% xp) on Tel'Abim with periods of double xp. Triple xp is too much, in my opinion.

Eventually there needs to be material rewards for (world) pvp and that's why me and others have advocated faction leader loot to incentivise city raids (which is coming in future updates, hopefully soon). The towers will hopefully be a rewarding feature aswell. The EPL and Sili towers were ignored because they only gave pve rewards iirc. There needs to be pvp rewards for holding these towers over time, something like honor ticks similar to AB bases, and preferably reputation ticks+new gear as well.

Zeran

Post by Zeran » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 pm

Nitaya wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 11:33 am
Akos1896 wrote:
Nitaya wrote:

So as a LvL 50 you cannot attack a guy who is 20 lvl below you. If you are lvl 25, you can be sure that you will fight against a player who can be defeated or at least you can fight back.
This is abusable by the lower-levelled players if they are travelling in groups. Maybe with magic the resistances will ensure that the level 60 has the upper hand, but with physical damage that's harder.

It's a bit like War Mode on the PvE server where one side can always start the fight and the other side can only react.

So I'm not sure if adding more rules to the PvP system is the way to go. More complicated system = more chance of things going wrong/being exploited.
You ever 'av dreams of da Empire of Zul, mon?

Da Zandali di'chuka!

Main Toon's Armoury: Jil'nei

Guild Leader of <Glorious Amani Tribe>

I have alts, too turtle_tongue

Nitaya

Post by Nitaya » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:12 pm

Zeran wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 pm
Nitaya wrote:
Akos1896 wrote:
This is abusable by the lower-levelled players if they are travelling in groups. Maybe with magic the resistances will ensure that the level 60 has the upper hand, but with physical damage that's harder.

It's a bit like War Mode on the PvE server where one side can always start the fight and the other side can only react.

So I'm not sure if adding more rules to the PvP system is the way to go. More complicated system = more chance of things going wrong/being exploited.
Yes, it adds more rules but IMO getting ganked constantly by higher lvl players is the biggest turn-off from PvP servers. Having a group, traveling together, and encountering a higher-level player is more unlikely than a high lvl player finding a single low lvl player to kill.
Also in such a scenario, the higher lvl player has more tools (spells / CDs / better gear / mount to escape) available to handle the situation and he can run into the wild as mobs will aggro on the other players due to being lower lvls. So you have options

Xwolfi

Post by Xwolfi » Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:36 pm

If you reroll PVE after playing PVP it makes you a cupcake b*tch :>

Bjorn88

Post by Bjorn88 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:04 pm

Nitaya wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:12 pm
Zeran wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:29 pm
Nitaya wrote:

Yes, it adds more rules but IMO getting ganked constantly by higher lvl players is the biggest turn-off from PvP servers. Having a group, traveling together, and encountering a higher-level player is more unlikely than a high lvl player finding a single low lvl player to kill.
Also in such a scenario, the higher lvl player has more tools (spells / CDs / better gear / mount to escape) available to handle the situation and he can run into the wild as mobs will aggro on the other players due to being lower lvls. So you have options
Nice extrapolation. Yeah the odd lvl 60 camping in STV is a cause for rolling PVE for sure.

Get real. In total gametime these 1-3 ganks constitute like 0.1% of your time played from 1-60.

Just note the guildname and once you're 60 it's payback time. And no it's not "toxic" to gank, anyone who thinks that is just fragile. It is part of the game and one of the premier faction vs. faction interactions.

Ninjerk

Post by Ninjerk » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:49 pm

Someone messaged me today in Orgrimmar asking about the server status, saying they had quit in January and hoped the server would rebound. I told him exactly my opinion--the server needs people to invest their time, not to check in on the server every couple months to see if someone else has built a community for them to enjoy. So far, the time that I've gambled on Turtle has been more than worth it for me personally, and the guild I'm in now is slowly growing rather than raidloggers gradually fading away.