Suggestions for new Enchanting Wands

Mistermadigan

Suggestions for new Enchanting Wands

Post by Mistermadigan » Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:58 pm

I've always found it sad that there are no "max level" wands for Enchanters to make, the max wand Enchanters make is Greater Mystic Wand - which is "yellow" at 195 Enchanting Skill. I believe there is enough "room" in the profession to create wands similar to how Blacksmithing is able to make high-end weapons via Weaponsmithing. I'm not suggesting having "Wand Crafting" as an Enchanting specialty, I'm just "for" the inclusion of new wands.

Issue #1 - New Wands would likely require the inclusion of a new type of Trade Good Wood. Simple Wood and Star Wood are both used for 2 wands each, and I don't feel that Star Wood is sufficient to cover the higher level wands I am suggesting.
Solution a - Use Truesilver Rods as the basis for max level Wands. They are already used to create Scepters of Beckoning, which shows a certain... versatility in design.
Solution b - Create a new Enchanting item - Rune Wood - created by Enchanters, similar to Enchanted Leather/Thorium
Ingredients: Savage Frond and Large Brilliant Shard
Solution c - Create new Trade Good item - Rune Wood - sold by Enchanting Suppliers/Trade Good vendors.

Issue #2 - While it is true that there are far fewer max level wands compared to other weapon categories, the reality is that wands are supplementary weapons to casters, as they get most of their stats from Staves or Swords/Mace + Off-Hand. So, what would new Wands bring to the table?
Solution - Make new wand recipes stronger than ones found in dungeon drops, but make the ingredients costly to compensate. Make Max Level crafted wands recipe drops as wild in comparison to Force-Reactive Disc.

With that established, here are my suggestions for 6 new wands
Item Suggestions:

1. Level 42 Lesser Nether Wand - Requires Enchanting 230 - Uncommon Item (Bind on Equip)
54-92 Arcane Damage - Wand Speed 1.7
(42.9 Damage per Second)
No Bonuses
Item Ingredients - 1 Truesilver Rod/Rune Wood, 1 Lesser Nether Essence, 2 Vision Dust
(Compare to Jaina's Firestarter and Ivory Wand)

2. Level 48 Greater Nether Wand - Requires Enchanting 250 - Uncommon Item (Bind on Equip)
60-112 Arcane Damage - Wand Speed 1.9
(45.2 Damage per Second)
No Bonuses
Item Ingredients - 1 Truesilver Rod/Rune Wood, 1 Greater Nether Essence, 1 Dream Dust
(Compare to Wizard's Hand)

Itemization Niche -
The Reality is that for leveling - Rare Dungeon drops should be superior to crafting greens - this is the rule of thumb in the game. So for the Crafting wands I have suggested, my intention was not to "supplant" notable Blue Wands - but to snipe at uncommon world-drop green wands - which can still technically be better with their random enchantment bonuses.
That being said - there are a couple of "usual" weapon bonuses that are surprisingly missing from the Wand weapon "family". The first is a +HP/Second effect, the second is a Haste effect - I think Enchanting Wands could cover both of these.

High-End Enchanting Wands

3. Level 55 Heartsong Scepter - Requires Enchanting 290 - Rare Item (Bind on Equip)
84-130 Nature Damage - Wand Speed 1.8
(59.4 Damage per Second)
+8 Stamina
Equip: Restores 5 Health per 5 sec.
Item Ingredients - 1 Truesilver Rod/Rune Wood, 2 Greater Eternal Essence, 1 Blood of Heroes, 4 Powerful Mojo

4. Level 58 Azure Manadowel - Requires Enchanting 300 - Epic Item (Bind of Pickup)
98-170 Arcane Damage - Wand Speed 2.0
(67 Damage per Second)
+4 Intellect
+4 Spirit
Equip: +1% Casting Speed
Equip: Increase damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by 8
Item Ingredients - 1 Truesilver Rod/Rune Wood, 8 Large Brilliant Shards, 10 Blue Dragonscales

5. Level 58 Chromatic Claw - Requires Enchanting 300 - Epic Item (Bind on Pickup)
82-144 Fire Damage - Wand Speed 1.5
(75.3 Damage per Second)
+6 Intellect
+6 Stamina
+6 Fire Resistance
+6 Nature Resistance
+6 Frost Resistance
+6 Shadow Resistance
Item Ingredients - 1 Truesilver Rod/Rune Wood, 8 Large Brilliant Shards, 4 Blue Dragonscales, 4 Black Dragonscales, 4 Green Dragonscales, 4 Red Dragonscales, 2 Brilliant Chromatic Scales

6. Level 58 Hopebringer - Requires Enchanting 300 - Epic Item (Bind of Pickup)
90-140 Holy Damage - Wand Speed 1.5
(76.6 Damage per Second)
+8 Intellect
+5 Spirit
Equip: Increase Damage done by Holy Spells by up to 14
Item Ingredients - 1 Truesilver Rod/Rune Wood, 10 Large Brilliant Shards, 4 Righteous Orbs, 4 Golden Pearls, 10 Golden Sansam

On recent Twitch stream one of the Devs talked about how if you want to suggest items for the game - the best way to do it is to come up with your own stuff. This is my first attempt at coming up with items. I just always thought Enchanting needed more high-level wands to craft. What are your thoughts?

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Re: Suggestions for new Enchanting Wands

Post by Xudo » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:42 am

I think that more craftable wands is good.

Wands also could feature "on hit" procs. As long as they are supplementary weapon, their procs could enrich regular rotations.
For example "on wand hit: increase damage of your next Frostbolt spell for 10%"
or "on wand hit: restore some health"
or "on wand hit: reduce cast time of pyroblast for 1 second"
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.