New profession quess thread

Likaleo

New profession quess thread

Post by Likaleo » Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:11 pm

Turtle wow announced new primary profession on tower of karazhan patch on Development Roadmap 2024-2025.

I would like everyone to guess what the new profession might be and we can come back to this thread after twow announce the new profession.

My personal guess is Inscription because game needs another profession that is paired with Herbalism
in inscription you would use herbs to make magic ink to craft buffs like scroll of agility, scroll of stamina etc.
max level you could make empty scroll and cast buffs like greater blessin of salvation or thorns on it and put it on auction house. players could buy it and use class buff even with out having that class in group.
and maybe new set on darkmoonfaire cards and cooldown based skill that creates random cards to craft darkmoonfaire trinkets.

my other guess would be jewelcrafting with out meta gems and the new tier3.5 and tier4 would be gem socket based.

Deeno

Re: New profession quess thread

Post by Deeno » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:02 pm

* it is probably going to be related to skinning
* woodworking is highly requested

so i dont know what name would fit this, but something to do with skin+bones+wood

Sylveria
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Sylveria » Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:11 pm

Though it wouldn't be exactly "new", but Jewelcrafting. We have a lot of gems in the world which are barely used, only by a few recipes. And i mean NO, we should NOT go into sockets. But Amulets, Rings, Wands, Staves, Offhands.. maybe magical consumables for additional buffs..?

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:52 am

My bet is inscription. There are recipes for it in the database.
Not sure that Akalix meant saying that it will use underused resources.
Most underused resources are leather and enchanting materials.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:42 am

Sylveria wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:11 pm
Though it wouldn't be exactly "new", but Jewelcrafting. We have a lot of gems in the world which are barely used, only by a few recipes. And i mean NO, we should NOT go into sockets. But Amulets, Rings, Wands, Staves, Offhands.. maybe magical consumables for additional buffs..?
We need no sockets if gems will work as enchantments - one gem per item.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:55 am

Galendor wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:42 am
Sylveria wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:11 pm
We need no sockets if gems will work as enchantments - one gem per item.
Gems as enchantments would be stupid, cuz then we'd have the same profession twice but with different materials.
No, the reason why i'd say no sockets is just, that the Dev-Team would have to got through ALL the items to see which items get sockets, what gems for sockets would exist, and if items wouldn't become too strong through sockets. And that'd be hell of a work, especially balancing-wise. That's why i exclude socket-gems right away.

Slashignore

Post by Slashignore » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:47 am

100% gonna be jewelery

Hyrag
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Hyrag » Thu Feb 15, 2024 2:19 pm

jewelery to craft trinkets/rings/neck and "enchant" them with gems

Calli

Post by Calli » Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:02 am

Won't it be a unique profession?

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:09 am

Calli wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:02 am
Won't it be a unique profession?
No information about that. But jewelcrating for example May still be a possibility, If they Change it in a way to better fit into Turtle, with New recipes etc.

Likaleo

Post by Likaleo » Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:09 pm

Slashignore wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:47 am
100% gonna be jewelery
Problem i have with this is that mining already have 2 professions but herb/skinning have only one. Giving one more to mining would great huge inbalance for materials

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:26 pm

Likaleo wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:09 pm
Slashignore wrote:
100% gonna be jewelery
Problem i have with this is that mining already have 2 professions but herb/skinning have only one. Giving one more to mining would great huge inbalance for materials
I can See that, but WE propably have thousands or even millions of gems that are barely used. Malachite, Tigerseye, Shadowgem, Moss Achate, etc. So jewelcrafting would give those Item more use.

Psynic

Post by Psynic » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:41 am

It will be

"turtle-inscription", without the normal glyphsystem hopefully. It would change a bit to much in my opinion. But how cool would it be to buy enchants from AH. I like Likaleos idea to even put classbuffs on scrolls.

Yes, i guess it will be something like inscription, but for turtles.

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:32 am

Sylveria wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 6:26 pm
Likaleo wrote:
Sat Feb 17, 2024 5:09 pm
Slashignore wrote:
100% gonna be jewelery
I can See that, but WE propably have thousands or even millions of gems that are barely used. Malachite, Tigerseye, Shadowgem, Moss Achate, etc. So jewelcrafting would give those Item more use.
Make pretty necklaces from peaceblooms that only last for a little while, as they whither (or a few charges). Also use gems for more durable jewlery. Could use many different materials, even leather for more tribal styles. Maybe different materials could be associated with different stats or styles. And definately no sockets. Custom items are already very strong. Doesn't have to be like TBC!

Calli

Post by Calli » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:06 am

I would love to see temporary kits for all armor items, in addition to the already existing permanent enchants.
For example, Shadow Resistance Kit, that last for 30 minutes, gives x shadow resistance, you can apply it to your shoulders, chest, bracers, gloves, belt, leggings and boots, and making it you need medium leather, shadowgem and an oil or pot or animal part(whatever). Gems and leather will be used again in high amounts. The same can be applied to clothes. I would give the jewelcrafting to enchanters as specialization.

Mrkajito

Post by Mrkajito » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:33 am

I think it's gonna be some kind of Inscription-style profession.

When checking the DB i noticed all the "Scroll of X" items now have crafting materials, kinda like in WotLk.

https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=10648#reagent-for

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Tue Mar 05, 2024 1:41 pm

Maybe it's this "Spellsmithing"? Inscription itself from WotLK would be kinda useless without the WotLK Glyphs. There are several NPC's at Ronae'thalas (Desolace) who are "Spellsmiths".

Cuculea81

Post by Cuculea81 » Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:38 am

I think Woodcrafting wood be nice , crafting bows/x-bows/wands/staves. I am thinking more for Vagrant's Endeavor challenge, because if you pass lvl 35-40 you are lacking weapons.Don't have to be great, but to give a small bump of dps. Crafting mats should mostly be from drops, not picking them up like herbs...and/or a mix of new mats(droppable) with curent mats like gems, cloths, skins.

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:03 am

After recent announcement, I think it will be more than just inscription.
Torta wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2023 11:21 am
NEW PRIMARY PROFESSION

In this update, we're introducing a new primary profession, equal in status to existing crafting professions. This addition comes with trainers and recipe vendors stationed across all capital cities. Featuring two sub-specializations, the profession allows for a new crafting experience. Moreover, it brings approximately ~200 new items into the world, supporting your character's progression through leveling and dungeon exploration!
May be something like rune carving. You can engrave runes on leather patches to make scrolls and runes on wooden bars to make offhands and staves. It will be more sense to pair it with enchanting and use its mats to craft.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Oldkottor

Post by Oldkottor » Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:25 pm

It must be turtle herding.

Imonobor
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Imonobor » Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:28 am

It could be jewelcrafting, done in a more unique way than Blizz did with their sockets. I made a thread about it here: viewtopic.php?t=11830

However, I think they would try to make their own unique thing. Maybe woodcarving, maybe something else.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Jc473

Post by Jc473 » Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:04 am

There is a thread Akalix replied to on the TWoW subreddit;

New profession trailer coming soon!