2024 — February 14

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

2024 — February 14

Post by Torta » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:32 pm

• Moved Moroes back to the stage.
  • Removed broken and deprecated script from Bebri Coifcurl in Sparkwater Port. No other races have their own barber available, and we aren't planning on adding them. This NPC was added during the earlier days of development when we wanted to provide a quick fix for those players whose model got drastically altered in one of the updates.
  • Blackstone Sea Shell will now correctly drop from Blackstone Sea Shell objects for the quest "She Sells Sea Shells."
  • Dying during Hardcore Challenge will no longer remove you from your guild.
  • Sent Klockmort Spannerspan to Gnomeregan Reclamation Facility.
  • Mechanical Dragonling pet HP changed from 3184 to 400.
  • Mithril Dragonling damage is increased to 41, and now it casts "Flame Breath" from time to time.
  • Arcanite Dragonling damage is slightly increased to 71.
  • NPC Vilewing Bat, Vilewing Batling Greater Vilewing Bat: The bat is tamed correctly and eats food appropriate for the pet's class.
  • NPC Gelwig Darkbrow has the correct name #5790.
  • Quest: Danonzo's Tel'Abim Surprise has the correct short description. #5584.
  • Quest: A Flickering Flame has the correct main description.
  • Solid Chest in Tanaris (75.3, 46.1) is now available for looting.
  • Battered Chest in Tanaris (71.4, 76.6) is now available for looting.
  • Maexxna will now enrage if taken out of her room.
  • Made changes to Thorium Vein pools to try and solve issues with them.
  • Reworked Wind Stones in Silithus.
  • Invisible walls around Kel'Thuzad's throne will now be removed once the boss is killed.
  • Implemented yearly reset for seasonal quests, like those part of the Lunar Festival event, so that players can complete them again each year.
  • Fixed the possibility to bypass the minimum HP threshold of creatures below which they should be invincible if the attacker has on-hit / on-cast procs that deal damage.
  • Reworked the script for The Missing Diplomat quest involving Private Hendel.
  • Scarlet Monastery pathfinding will be more aggressive; kite exploits based on previous mmaps will not work anymore.
  • BRD arena mobs will start chasing players once spawned. Previously, they were only able to walk to a specific point and go back.
  • Valentine Pledge and Gift items are now Bind on Pickup.
  • New donation item: Pet Rename Token (Hunters).
  • Battered Viking Shield is now classified as Uncommon.
  • Adjusted stats of Fallen Crusader Legguards: Increased Strength from 17 to 22, Added 10 Agility and 1% Physical Hit, Removed 28 Damage to Undead.
  • Adjusted stats of Wing of the Time-Lord: Reduced Haste from 2% to 1%, Agility and Strength from 12 to 11 and Stamina from 10 to 8. This change was done due to this cloak performing on-par with Naxxramas cloaks while being acquired from a dungeon reputation grind.

Wher0

Re: 2024 — February 14

Post by Wher0 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:43 pm

You need to fix the guards who give directions. I click the profession and then nothing happens.

Akos1896

Post by Akos1896 » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:08 pm

That's something I never understood. Warlocks having the option to name their demons would feel awesome and the usual counter-argument that people would name them in an inappropriate way feels invalid since hunters can do the same with their pets.

Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:19 pm

I just wanted to point out one thing - Palas are nerfed from time to time, there are upcoming class changes. Is the fun paths like Spell ret/hybrid ret tank shammy taken into consideration so that these fun builds can work better? or if a pal will get nerf it will also hurt here?

Just an example: as a hybrid with spellpower wherever I can, I need 11 consumables, which is a decent amount of farm(especially when flask is 70+g...) to actually be useful. This build is really fun but I start to think that if reworks/normal patches will bring more nerfs to Pally in general, it will hurt spell ret even more.

Balake

Post by Balake » Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:33 pm

Just saying this out here, renaming pets IS a gameplay advantage. It breaks target macros and addons of enemies in bgs.

Hunters being able to rename their pets with donation saves them the big time needed to level up a new pet if they want a different name (and there's reasons, for example a hunter may want to change the name of their pet if the person they play bloodring with changes)

Warlocks getting pet rename with donation is straight up gameplay advantage though, if there's no other way to change the pet's name.

I've also seen first hand reports as recent as 4 weeks that people would open support tickets and the gms rename their pets. I may be being anti-fun here but I think the twow team needs to clarify its stance on whether support gms are allowed to render a service like this... bearing in mind they've stopped being serviceable in many other areas (item restoration), it's weird that this specific thing has persisted

Chudman123

Post by Chudman123 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:02 am

Reworked Wind Stones in Silithus.

Sounds like it could be awesome. Please share more details!
-Panfusion (60 ele/resto shammy)

Verdict

Post by Verdict » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:06 am

Hey, you might want to rename the [Fallen Crusader Legguards] to something else as the BWL item called [Legguards of the Fallen Crusader] are too similar, caused some confusion!

Ataika

Post by Ataika » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:15 am

Guys how do you determine which bug to fix in priority ?

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:57 am

Ataika wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:15 am
Guys how do you determine which bug to fix in priority ?
Weekly, our secret development council gathers around a mystical, bug-shaped table for a five-hour meeting to discuss how to prioritize fixing the least important issues, aiming to ensure players experience maximum misery.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:26 am

hahaha turtle_tongue_head

Xudo
Has liked: 40 times

Post by Xudo » Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:30 am

Torta wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:32 pm
  • Fixed the possibility to bypass the minimum HP threshold of creatures below which they should be invincible if the attacker has on-hit / on-cast procs that deal damage.
Can someone give an example of this? I read it twice, don't get it.

I note that every weekly backlog now feature picture and short list of most important changes. Good job from design team. It feels more professional now.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:05 pm

Xudo wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:30 am
Torta wrote:
Can someone give an example of this? I read it twice, don't get it.
There are some mobs that are supposed to turn invulnerable at low health for quest, event, or story reasons. There's an open bug report that sometimes you can skip Whitemane resurrecting Mograine in SM Cathedral. I assume this fix is related and the devs think the issue is that procs are not accounted for when the game decides whether the mob has low enough health or not.

Astrallizard

Post by Astrallizard » Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:50 pm

Torta wrote:
  • Implemented yearly reset for seasonal quests, like those part of the Lunar Festival event, so that players can complete them again each year.
Apparently, this part seems to be buggy. See https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow- ... ssues/6264

Forbearance
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Forbearance » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:36 pm

Are there any plans to make the 30 Agility/Intellect/Stamina Love Is in the Air buff items soulbound? They are currently tradeable and therefore farmable on alts to stockpile for months.

Zulnam

Post by Zulnam » Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:52 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:57 am
Weekly, our secret development council gathers around a mystical, bug-shaped table for a five-hour meeting to discuss how to prioritize fixing the least important issues, aiming to ensure players experience maximum misery.
Five hours? Damn that is one long refinement session. Sounds like devs are also experiencing maximum misery.

Tscosomaz

Post by Tscosomaz » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:38 pm

Torta wrote:
  • Adjusted stats of Wing of the Time-Lord: Reduced Haste from 2% to 1%, Agility and Strength from 12 to 11 and Stamina from 10 to 8. This change was done due to this cloak performing on-par with Naxxramas cloaks while being acquired from a dungeon reputation grind.
If you try to "compare" non-linear functions with linear funcions, the only truth is that you are not good at all with maths and numbers.

Senseless nerf, even nerfed, that cloak is better than https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=23045

Nothing personal ofc :) :) :)

PS: liked a lot the use of the term "performing".

Alexthewolf87

Post by Alexthewolf87 » Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:51 pm

Sent Klockmort Spannerspan to Gnomeregan Reclamation Facility. where exactly plz? cannot find him anywhere... got the quest klockmort spannerspan from warrior quest fire hardened mail, been around everywhere in gnomeregan reaclamation facility, not found