What is your Gold Farm?

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 17 times

What is your Gold Farm?

Post by Zvyrhol » Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:05 pm

I'm curious how do you guys farm gold. I know the most popular gold farm on this server is lasher farm. I want to know what are other alternative or potentially more efficient farms. It would be cool if you can estimate how much gold is it per hour.
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Bigsmerf

Re: What is your Gold Farm?

Post by Bigsmerf » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:49 am

As a skinner, I patrol around the middle spot in un'goro killing fire elementals for their essences, hearts and elemental fires. Just under the volcanic area there's like... I think one devilsaur spawn, so I make sure to kill that while I'm at it. There's also the guardians going about the zone I might go for if I'm feeling frisky when I see one.
Last edited by Bigsmerf on Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Fizzler
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Fizzler » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:56 am

I have an alt parked in winterspring and mine for arcane crystal
Fizzler - Gnome Mage 60
Yenwat - High Elf Paladin 60
Fluidstrike - Human Rogue 60
Socratus - Night Elf Druid 60
Allie - Human Warrior 60

Ousng

Post by Ousng » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:31 am

clearing most of quests in high level areas will offer 3000 gold at least which can satisfy potion and enchanting requirements for raids.

Xudo
Has liked: 51 times

Post by Xudo » Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:55 am

I don't set a goal to maximise my gold profit, but I have plenty of it.
My choice is to gather mid level stuff and sell it. On Nordnaar there are a lot of alts leveling and they buy stuff from AH because they have access to "more profitable" goldfarm.

I strongly suggest to any people leveling Nordnaar to get double gathering or at least mining. It will give you enough gold for selling raw mats.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant armory.
I don't raid and rank, so you can not bother asking.
Nerf high level enchants on low level gear
Add lvl requirement to bandages
Best and optimal gear for 10-19 twinks
Have fun not only at 60.

Elesion

Post by Elesion » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:15 pm

Most of my regular gold earnings come from raid bosses. I don't farm gold, I farm materials and consumables so I don't have to spend gold.
Ousng wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:31 am
clearing most of quests in high level areas will offer 3000 gold at least which can satisfy potion and enchanting requirements for raids.
So much this. Questing at level 60 is incredibly profitable. Quest for an evening, get 250g while having fun and doing diverse stuff, not just mindlessly farming the same things over and over. I have no idea why people are sleeping so much on questing and worrying their heads off how they can get money out of braindead farms.

Eversongwoods

Post by Eversongwoods » Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:41 pm

I sold 600 shellcoin a week or so ago after someone pumped a few thousand gold into it bringing the price up to 23g44s. Dumped it to just over 22g making 14.7k gold, sure i only profited a few hundred but it was more for self amusement.
Farming isn't even worth it on the server anymore so i leveled 3 prof alts to 35 and switched 3 of my 4 60s to LW/ALC and kept ENG on one. So i make 7 cured rugged hides every 3 days and 6 arcanite bars every other day making about 500g a week for just logging in basically. Checking the AH for prices on essence of undeath because i will switch to transmuting that to water sometimes if its more profit, also scalping certain items.

Elisleris
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Elisleris » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:52 pm

Buy cheaper lots on AH, sold them by current prices

Zvyrhol
Has liked: 17 times

Post by Zvyrhol » Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:10 pm

Eversongwoods wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:41 pm
I sold 600 shellcoin a week or so ago after someone pumped a few thousand gold into it bringing the price up to 23g44s. Dumped it to just over 22g making 14.7k gold, sure i only profited a few hundred but it was more for self amusement.
Farming isn't even worth it on the server anymore so i leveled 3 prof alts to 35 and switched 3 of my 4 60s to LW/ALC and kept ENG on one. So i make 7 cured rugged hides every 3 days and 6 arcanite bars every other day making about 500g a week for just logging in basically. Checking the AH for prices on essence of undeath because i will switch to transmuting that to water sometimes if its more profit, also scalping certain items.
That's huge! My congratulations. I've been thinking for a while that Shell coin is now the best way for easy gold if you take a longer break from the game. As far as I know Shellcoin has never went down in long term.
I love your idea with profession alts too, I haven't thought about this even though it looks like efficient money maker. I have 2 alts that can be transformed into transmuting machines. Thanks, I will try that out!
The devil is in the detail.
viewtopic.php?t=13520
viewtopic.php?t=14041

Augustfenix85

Post by Augustfenix85 » Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:41 am

On my Druid/skinner, I run around killing mobs in Sithilus and skinning the ones I can. Spider, Scorpids and Dredge worms can drop decent vendor loot, so plus mats for some crafting stuff for cooking, tailor and first aid items. The scorpids drop vendor trash often which sells for 14s
Duvall 60 Hunter
Velissa 41 Priest
Calmore 60 Shaman Tank
Malcore 52 Warlock
Splodax 36 Rogue
Ghostbc 41 Paladin
Hanami 60 Druid
Reidobosu 43 Warrior

Zahnfee

Post by Zahnfee » Mon Jan 29, 2024 12:55 pm

I offer Hogger and Vagash / Old Icebeard Kill assistance for 10 Silver per Quest or the Savings Package 25 Silver total to HC Players... so far buissness is good

Bigsmerf

Post by Bigsmerf » Mon Jan 29, 2024 2:31 pm

Augustfenix85 wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:41 am
On my Druid/skinner, I run around killing mobs in Sithilus and skinning the ones I can. Spider, Scorpids and Dredge worms can drop decent vendor loot, so plus mats for some crafting stuff for cooking, tailor and first aid items. The scorpids drop vendor trash often which sells for 14s
Just gave this a shot yesterday and it's actually turning out pretty profitable, on top of providing me with mats for consumes I use in raids, plus elemental drops like the elemental air sells for like 30s on AH which isn't terrible considering how much everything adds up. Thanks, August :D
Elmhoof - 60 Feral, between tanking/dps (Main)
Anbone 34 Shadow Priest (Planned secondary main)
Manypunchman - 10 Naked Troll Boxer (Hardcore)

I'm back! More or less...

Quidoba

Post by Quidoba » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:22 pm

Elesion wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:15 pm
Most of my regular gold earnings come from raid bosses. I don't farm gold, I farm materials and consumables so I don't have to spend gold.
Mostly this.

Herbing has become more painful lately, but I still would rather do just the bare minimum herbing to supply my own consumes, than to farm gold to buy them overpriced. At the same time I'm not going to be herbing for money as its too boring/annoying to justify. I've also added lashers to my farms, as it is a better source of mid-level herbs than open world farming.

The only consume I have a hard time self generating to meet my own demand is major mana potions. To help with this, and to generate a little extra gold, I prefer to farm the cultists in silithus. I get a couple mana potions an hour, and get crests that I can turn in for a chance at mana potions. While the herbing competition has gone up, the cultist competition is lower than in the past (probably due to pop decline, and rockfury nerfs), so it can be pretty relaxing and enjoyable to kill cultists at a steady pace for a couple hours. Cultists are still probably at least 50g/hr if you are geared enough to kill them fast.

For solo play, dishing out big damage to steadily kill mobs in one area is my favorite gameplay mode, so I'd rather do that, even if it is not the best g/hr.

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:26 pm

Honestly...I like running dungeons. It's not super lucrative but you can make 30-50g/hr. Sometimes more if some good boe's drop.